Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes (60011 Views)

What Caffeine Does To Our Systems / What Coke Does To Your Body In 1 Hour / Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Boll2010: 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
Kamanda: Thank God for my life,I only drink Pepsi.
too much of carbonated drinks makes u age faster hope u aware
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by sainty2k3(m): 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
linearity:

We can say the same think for cigarette...borrowing from your own words..."Well Cigarette has been in existence for over a century and it has not been implicated as a direct cause of death of millions over the years..."

You feel like taking a smoke break now?

Why will you say that, have you not been seeing 'smokers are liable to die young ' on bill board and even cigarrete packs, cigarete smoking is a risk factor for many diseases, hypertension, stroke etc. But no research has linked cocacola to any disease, not even diabetes , they only advice pple with diabetes not to take coke and any other drink like pepsi or sprite . Stop defending what is not #teamcokeforever smiley
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by MrMcJay(m): 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Coke doesn't kill, Okada does.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by jayplect(m): 10:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
sKeetz: How do I comment on a post? Please advise angry
click on ' quote '
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by femi9naija(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
Abegi! Most of these things are hereditary jare. I don't take coke much sef but I feel good about myself if I take it. Same as beer. But I don't over-do things, I only over-do water. I'm safe abi?
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
saddler: my friend read before writing out of point.I just asked a simple question "how is sugar/glucose/carbohydrate converted to fat/fatty acids when i drink a bottle of coke?

Am I your textbook that you can simply direct your simple question to if you're curious to know? Thought you got the nerves for Biochem by sounding like a Biochemist but I'm disappointed you aren't.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by hematomy1: 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
Warming/caution: contains aspartame a source of phenylalanine.
D above statement is Y I stopped drinking coke & d likes 10yrs ago
#teamwater+natural fruits & veg.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Tyche(m): 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Infact, I think, but am not sure, that sugarcane, is better than sugar processed from it.

You are right
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by saddler: 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
imperiouxx:

Am I your textbook that you can simply direct your simple question to if you're curious to know. Thought you got the nerves for Biochem by sounding like a Biochemist but I'm disappointed you aren't.
..if i call you mumu now...he be like say i dey insult you.
i have studied metabolism of carbohydrate/protein/fatty acid and there is no pathway that DIRECTLY converts simple sugars to fats.
if you dont know what to type, just mute your fingers.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Iceboi(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
Coke is good bt also bad......BEWARE
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by muktar10(m): 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
Oh God that my favourite.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Kelklein(m): 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
@op... please can you rewrite all those things in English...
thank u!
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by nkemdilimi: 11:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
When will all these senseless & faceless cyber attacks on SUPER BRANDS cease? The other day it was about Ariel being cursed in the bible; in recent past, it was indomie being a killer and so on. These brands are here to stay and such baseless attacks achieve nothing @ the end of the day. Don't forget: No one kicks a dead dog.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by infolekan(m): 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
sainty2k3:

Why will you say that, have you not been seeing 'smokers are liable to die young ' on bill board and even cigarrete packs, cigarete smoking is a risk factor for many diseases, hypertension, stroke etc. But no research has linked cocacola to any disease, not even diabetes , they only advice pple with diabetes not to take coke and any other drink like pepsi or sprite . Stop defending what is not #teamcokeforever smiley

Op "copied" a nice write up making only one single mistake.....NL is thronged equally by both the illiterate,semi educated ( who swallow everything they read hook,line and sinker) and the erudite.
The first effect if excess sugar isn't conversion to fatty acid but a glycosuric effect where the body tries to dispose it off in the urine diluted in water hence the thirst feeling even after consuming a bottle of coke. While drinking a bottle of coke doesn't add any real value to your health.....drinking it isn't going to kill anyone and comparing it to cigarette smoking is a while new level. cigarette is a well studied and well know carcinogen the whole wide world over...sugar or coke isn't.
A lot of your everyday food are harmful to health and while I won't advise anyone to get addicted to a bottle of coke..i won't also paint a doomsday picture if it too.
And you'll do well to explain the 10 minutes conversion to glucose unless you lifted it directly off a website and the person dint really explain it there.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Bunchersstab(m): 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
#Team garri 4 real! grin#Team garri 4 real!
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by theanonymous: 11:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
demelza: Zeus save me from this Coke addiction.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
Boll2010: weyrey u one smoke Y u no cut near by grass n dry awpawpaw leaf grind to geda or na dry cocoyam leaf wrap am 4 wrisler n pipe dey go grin grin
haha,so u sabi mix d thing,dis one don bad finish.No coca plant around,so no coke.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by KA24DETT(m): 11:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
imperiouxx:

Do you care to know what warning is given in hospitals against drinking soda in Nigeria? In the US, majority of obesity, diabetes and hypertension are associated with soda. People who live healthy don't even take it or have stopped taking it here.

What's this silly maggot saying? Coca cola is a trade mark for an international product. If I put something up means you and I are both in the same country or I'm a marketer? Silly fool. You're just talking shiit without having any clue of the shiit you spew about. I'm a biochemist, I know about daily dietary requirement better than you do. And who says coke contains no tetraoxophosphate (V) acid. Your brain must be having shortage of nervous impulses. Check if coke contains phosphoric acid or not here idiiot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

I love taking on goats like you.

In the US, majority of obesity, diabetes and hypertension are associated with soda. People who live healthy don't even take it or have stopped taking it here

Yes Soda is associated with diabetes but thats not the greatest risk factor to diabetes. Risk factors include lifestyle ( Not eating healthy ), Genetic predisposition ( type2 diabetes ), lack of exercise. Stop spreading false rumours. Risk factors of HTN are another topic. Dont lump everything together. There are different types of HTN. You have to be very specific.
You need to calm down on the cursing. If soda which contains 45g of sugar per 350ml, how about Redbull?, Donuts? canned foods?. Those contain alot of sugars, sodium and preservatives.

FACT - DRINKING 2 LITERS OF COKE EVERYDAY WILL NOT RESULT in DIABETES. There are other factors that result in Diabetes .

Type 2 Diabetes result from too much sugar in your blood and cells insesitive to the actions of insulin. 90% of foods you eat are converted to Sugar (garri, rice, fufu etc).
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by KA24DETT(m): 11:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
saddler: ..if i call you mumu now...he be like say i dey insult you.
i have studied metabolism of carbohydrate/protein/fatty acid and there is no pathway that DIRECTLY converts simple sugars to fats.

YOU ARE RIGHT BRO. You are a good student of biochemistry.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by infolekan(m): 12:07am On Sep 18, 2013
KA24DETT:

In the US, majority of obesity, diabetes and hypertension are associated with soda. People who live healthy don't even take it or have stopped taking it here

Yes Soda is associated with diabetes but thats not the greatest risk factor to diabetes. Risk factors include lifestyle ( Not eating healthy ), Genetic predisposition ( type2 diabetes ), lack of exercise. Stop spreading false rumours. Risk factors of HTN are another topic. Dont lump everything together. There are different types of HTN. You have to be very specific.
You need to calm down on the cursing. If soda which contains 45g of sugar per 350ml, how about Redbull?, Donuts? canned foods?. Those contain alot of sugars, sodium and preservatives.

FACT - DRINKING 2 LITERS OF COKE EVERYDAY WILL NOT RESULT in DIABETES. There are other factors that result in Diabetes .

Type 2 Diabetes result from too much sugar in your blood and cells insesitive to the actions of insulin. 90% of foods you eat are converted to Sugar (garri, rice, fufu etc).

Don't mind the op jooo...he was expecting thumbs up and all and don't expect any incisive dissection if his post.
Bringing poo on US like we don't read about then daily here.
CONSUMPTION OF SUGAR isn't NOT a risk factor for diabetes.....obesity is a risk factor.
Taking 20 cubes of sugar daily won't make you have diabetes if there's no genetic predisposition or other risk factors for it....it only increases the RATE and could prevent in people who already have the risk factor.
Please don't ask me for the difference between rate and the risk medically. They're not the same thing.
And don't even bring US studies into the bag.....that's what I study everyday and half of the food we all eat will be termed poisons when you go down that line.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by druid06(m): 12:08am On Sep 18, 2013
sKeetz: sKeetz: How do I comment on a post? Please advise angry

jayplect: click on ' quote '

You fell for that?!

##DoubleFacePalm##
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by KA24DETT(m): 12:16am On Sep 18, 2013
infolekan:

Don't mind the op jooo...he was expecting thumbs up and all and don't expect any incisive dissection if his post.
Bringing poo on US like we don't read about then daily here.
CONSUMPTION OF SUGAR isn't NOT a risk factor for diabetes.....obesity is a risk factor.
Taking 20 cubes of sugar daily won't make you have diabetes if there's no genetic predisposition or other risk factors for it....it only increases the RATE and could prevent in people who already have the risk factor.
Please don't ask me for the difference between rate and the risk medically. They're not the same thing.
And don't even bring US studies into the bag.....that's what I study everyday and half of the food we all eat will be termed poisons when you go down that line.

You are right bro. Did you see how the other dude was screaming he is a biochemist and that makes him a fountain of knowledge. I was shocked. Sugar this Sugar that.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by oses4love: 12:17am On Sep 18, 2013
If coke really contain sucrose as its sugar then it does not require insulin to enter the cells.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by sydlak: 12:21am On Sep 18, 2013
Hmm.. Yeah! I might agree with some of your OPINION..... But talk to someone who just had a shocking Hypoglycemia, then he/she will tell you; "I'll always keep coke in my bag"
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 12:56am On Sep 18, 2013
saddler: ..if i call you mumu now...he be like say i dey insult you.

I like people behaving like you. I just got your time now.

Perhaps you thought it was someone you can easily swayed with ridiculous Biochemical terms you were talking to before. If you're not so dumb, you'll know the write up was stated in layman's terms for non-scientist or scientist to understand, else, you won't have asked your foolish question. Liver function as storage for simple sugar (glycogen), breaks down complex sugar to its monomeric units. At the same time regulates Lipid metabolism, everything within proximity of the liver.

If you're not so so dumb for asking your silly question or just to boast you got trace of knowledge in Biochem, you will know in Biochemistry straight road to product(s) is dearth, a metabolite of one metabolic pathway will be a precursor for the next separate pathways.

Connecting all these together and in layman's terms (non-biochemist) we can say from,

glucose -----> Lipid
glucose ------> Amino acids
glucose -----> DNA/RNA
glucose -----> ATP/Energy

Without troubling ourselves with knowing what glycolysis, pyruvate, Kelvin cycle intermediate, Ac-CoA or fat synthesis is. I can't believe someone who claims to be knowledgeable in science and knows its ethics talking this on a public forum with many non-scientist and asking ridiculous questions.

Transfer your aggression of half studies caused by strike on ASUU and Fed. Govt not me.

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Vinyoo: 1:03am On Sep 18, 2013
Se ko wa le grin grin coke iyaf not killed ma 72 yrs old grandma, and she still dey drink ham, so...ko duro so ke.... shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by NellyGhenghen(m): 1:07am On Sep 18, 2013
Cigarette has "smokers are liable to die young" written boldly in-front of the pack , yet people consume a whole pack/day..

Drink your coke Jaré, just don't make it an everyday thing, too much of everything is dangerous not just coke.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 1:30am On Sep 18, 2013
KA24DETT:

You are right bro. Did you see how the other dude was screaming he is a biochemist and that makes him a fountain of knowledge. I was shocked. Sugar this Sugar that.

That doesn't mean I know all, the guy's question requires telling him you don't state scientific terms in the midst of non-scientist. That was my point with him and I don't see any ways that concerns you.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by texanomaly(f): 1:38am On Sep 18, 2013
My father used to use it to clean battery acid off the posts of the car battery.
That should give you an idea of what it does to your body.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by deols(f): 1:44am On Sep 18, 2013
nerodenero: shocked shocked

i meant the company should be boycotted for the health risk. I edited the post without changing that word.

...and what value have you added to the thread?
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 1:59am On Sep 18, 2013
KA24DETT:

Yes Soda is associated with diabetes but thats not the greatest risk factor to diabetes. Risk factors include lifestyle ( Not eating healthy ), Genetic predisposition ( type2 diabetes ), lack of exercise.

And did I say it's the greatest risk factor for diabetes or majority of diabetes in US ARE ASSOCIATED with soda? Thought you know I stated in the next post that I was talking about DIABETES MELLITUS. And for this type of diabetes..... Yes sir/ma'am, sugar is the POTENTIAL risk factor.

KA24DETT:
Stop spreading false rumours. Risk factors of HTN are another topic. Dont lump everything together. There are different types of HTN. You have to be very specific. Stop spreading false rumours. Risk factors of HTN are another topic. Dont lump everything together. There are different types of HTN. You have to be very specific.

Lolz..... Ok sir/ma'am seems you like to know that high blood sugar level (hyperglycemia) can contribute to increase in blood lipoproteins and eventually leads to hypertensive arteriosclerosis cardiovascular disease...... this is a fact. And is it too tortuous? cheesy

That's nutritional Biochem for you. A free journal is here for your perusal sir/ma'am: http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/26/6/869.full

So, is my claim right or not? grin

KA24DETT:

Yes sir/ma'am but in this context, we are only talking about soda and my reference was DIABETES MELLITUS.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by saddler: 3:46am On Sep 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

I like people behaving like you. I just got your time now.

Perhaps you thought it was someone you can easily swayed with Biochemical terms you were talking to before. If you're not so dumb, you'll know the write up was stated in layman's terms for non-scientist or Biochemist to understand, else, you won't have asked your foolish question. Liver function storage for simple sugar (glycogen), breaks down complex sugar to its monomeric units. At the same time regulates Lipid metabolism, everything within proximity of the liver.

If you're not so so dumb for asking your silly question or just to boast you got trace of knowledge in Biochem, you will know in Biochemistry straight road to product(s) is dearth, a metabolite of one metabolic pathway will be a precursor for the next separate pathways.
its now obvious that you either partially blind or your brain skips.
if this was not your case, you would have read my first post and saw that i already pointed it out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am A Human Chimera / 5 Foods In Nigeria That You Should Avoid Eating As Much As Possible / 91 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1273, 239 Discharged, 40 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.