Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Nysc Should Be Scrabbed - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Should Be Scrabbed (1612 Views)

10 Reasons Why Nysc Should Be Voluntary / NYSC Should Suspend Camping Activities Temporarily Cause Of Ebola Outbreak / Nysc Should Be Scrapped! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by ndelta1(m): 11:59am On Jun 21, 2008
ScrabbedShould be Scrab, am saying due to my experience in the Desert of Yamaltu Deba Local Govt of Gombe State, Corp members sent to remote areas are not treated specially, and that is bad of the scheme, as a corp member, the money I spend on Water and medical Treatment is almost the meagre Alawi they are paying us, and a fellow member will see u and tell u am serving in NNPC, Oceanic Bank, PPMC, and so on. with good pay an Accommodation and u are sleeping with scorpion in a Channel O Building. I think the Scheme NYSC (Now Your Suffering Continue) should be scrapped
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by fyneguy: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2008
scrabbed?
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by MethodMan3(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2008
n_delta:

ScrabbedShould be Scrab, am saying due to my experience in the Desert of Yamaltu Deba Local Govt of Gombe State, Corp members sent to remote areas are not treated specially, and that is bad of the scheme, as a corp member, the money I spend on Water and medical Treatment is almost the meagre Alawi they are paying us, and a fellow member will see u and tell u am serving in NNPC, Oceanic Bank, PPMC, and so on. with good pay an Accommodation and u are sleeping with scorpion in a Channel O Building. I think the Scheme NYSC (Now Your Suffering Continue) should be scrapped

what the fuc.k are you murmuring all about?!

do u mean scrabble or scrap?! grin
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by HRhotness(f): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2008
Method-Man:

what the fuc.k are you murmuring all about?!

do u mean scrabble or scrap?! grin

thinking the same thing muself

@ Topic

I take it if u were serving in some lush bank this thread wldnt be in existence eh?
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by MethodMan3(m): 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2008
HR.hotness:

thinking the same thing muself

@ Topic

I take it if u were serving in some lush bank this thread wldnt be in existence eh?

exactly Miss(or Mrs! cheesy)

he wanna be in zenith bank, oando or some multinational sweetpot!
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by Mustay(m): 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2008
pls don't scrub or scrabble it o! cheesy
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by Mustay(m): 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2008
the dude is just frustrated!

Poor pay sad
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by gabelogan(m): 11:28am On Jun 22, 2008
and you are a graduate?? yet you cannot write comprehendibly.

maybe thats why you were posted to gombe, where despite your shortcommings, the indigenes and residents would not be able to notice.
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by MethodMan3(m): 11:46am On Jun 22, 2008
gabe_logan:

maybe thats why you were posted to gombe, where despite your shortcommings, the indigenes and residents would not be able to notice.

grin
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by manmustwac(m): 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2008
@post
NYSC should be scrab or scrabbed both words no even dey scrabble dictionary. You mean NYSC should be scrap or scrapped. Am sure say na bribe bribe u use take graduate? So make u bribe dem
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by texazzpete(m): 9:12am On Jun 23, 2008
'Scrabbed'?!

and you call yourself a graduate. . .you ought to be posted to a remote primary school. at least there you can avail yourself of their copies of 'Queen Primer' grin
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by chuckdee4(m): 9:51am On Jun 23, 2008
gabe_logan:

Exactly why u weren't considered for any reasonable organisation
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by Wilfem(m): 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2008
I personally would like the whole thing to be scrapped as suggested by the author of the thread. In view of the problems I passed through before I eventually got a place for my Primary assignment, the whole thing was indeed frustrating. So if it is possible for the Govt. to scrap it off, let them go ahead. Another reason why I would like it scrapped is because of the high rate of embazzlement by the NYSC officials imaging them claiming to be spending almost a million Naira over a Corper for the service year. Is that true?
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by SENATORJD(m): 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2008
gabe_logan:

no let gombe pple nab u o. wink
@poster LOL grin cheesy u don mess up
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by otokx(m): 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2008
Is it scrabbed or stabbed or scrapped?
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by ow11(m): 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2008
@poster

You are complaining about the NYSC scheme when it is evident you cheated your way through school ( Your grammer and spelling is horrendous!).

Please can someone delete this thread!!! angry
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by Mustay(m): 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2008
ow11:

@poster

You are complaining about the NYSC scheme when it is evident you cheated your way through school ( Your grammer and spelling is horrendous!).

Please can someone delete this thread!!! angry

The author didn't follow:

NYSC has been discussed before
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by EbonyNaija: 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2008
cheesy I think we should all have mercy on the guy that started this thread. A poor education, and a commensurate sentencing to a desert place in Gombe state can do a lot to even the soundest of minds. Lets focus on his main point, How can someone in MTN and another in a mosquito infested place both be described as "serving their country" ie all corpers are equal but some are more equal than others
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by jgobaseki: 11:29am On Jul 08, 2008
Wow, aren't we all so quick to pounce on the initial author's mistakes? As if you whistle-blowers did not notice that he spelt the word correctly at the end of his sentence which should indicate that it was an error. If you don't know, some people tend to have problems with reading letters in a word. It doesn't appear the same to everybody.
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by Gamine(f): 11:32am On Jul 08, 2008
LOL.

Scrabbed grin grin grin

i heard though that NYSC is now 6months, i wunda how true it is
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by tollu: 11:39am On Jul 08, 2008
Gamine:

LOL.

Scrabbed grin grin grin

i heard though that NYSC is now 6months, i wunda how true it is

I wish. sad cry
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by EbonyNaija: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2008
cheesy LOL. How now/ six months, impossible. Look at it like this, the underground money that is 'spread round' through NYSC wiull be cut by two. Trust me NYSC is gooooood business. Take a look at nyscnigeria..com
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by lucabrasi(m): 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2008
i disagree,the nysc programme is a really laudable programme when you look at the ideals/reasons gowon set it up,the failure now is because of a failure in its complete implementation over the years,decay in the system,corruption,nepotism wich has rubbished it
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by vigasimple(m): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2008
lucabrasi:

i disagree,the nysc programme is a really laudable programme when you look at the ideals/reasons gowon set it up,the failure now is because of a failure in its complete implementation over the years,decay in the system,corruption,nepotism wich has rubbished it

I concur with the above. 1 year should be the minimum possibly even 2 years with 6 months rotation so that the NYSC also serve as work experience in diffrent fields paid for by the government in part but should not replace employment creation scheme. New graduant will always need work experience and with some pay as well.
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by Gamine(f): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2008
Six months with two weeks in camp, its very possible ooh.

i heard this from a government officer, i cnt still know for sure

till September.

God help Nigeria!
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by lucabrasi(m): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2008
vigasimple:

I concur with the above. 1 year should be the minimum possibly even 2 years with 6 months rotation so that the NYSC also serve as work experience in diffrent fields paid for by the government in part but should not replace employment creation scheme. New graduant will always need work experience and with some pay as well.
i think people are just generally lazy and want the easy way out, in a lot of countries in europe and i think china e.t.c every citizen of age either male of female goes for a one year mandatory military training,im sure that has strenghtened their tenacity and self confidence to suceed
i believe very strongly in the saying that responsibility breeds character
Re: Nysc Should Be Scrabbed by A40(m): 2:11am On Sep 19, 2008
The program has far outlived its usefulness

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Intimidation / What Next After Nysc? / A 419 NYSC Official In Abuja Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.