Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. (24624 Views)

Bad State Of Ariaria International Market In Aba After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / The Bad State Of The Hospital Alamieyeseigha Died In (Photo) / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by joeace2020(m): 10:29am On Sep 18, 2013
Realdeals: This is pathethic, this is the stadium that was once called the "8th wonders of the world."

hahahaha Nigerians... SMH
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 18, 2013
You will hear some Nigerians (Blissfully Ignorant ones) say we should go for Nuclear Power, Launch a Nigerian to the Moon, Build a Space Research Lab in Space.. when we cannot keep the grass-lawn watered and cut regularly..

4 Likes

Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by Horus(m): 10:42am On Sep 18, 2013
After looking at the pictures, I think that the UN authorized a military air strike on Lagos National Stadium
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by obainojazz(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2013
seems you dullards have no brain to think....ministry of sports don't care about the stadium because of the bad characters of lagos spectators....imagine those touts booing the national team....calabar always the best for them....its better they demolish it....bunch of uncivilised people....here blaming federal government.....tell me when last eagles played there...smh
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by Horus(m): 10:48am On Sep 18, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/_Mf2suMFxc0U/THQCLnxBHRI/AAAAAAAAAGo/QChtrzi2lxk/s320/2.JPG[/img]

This is one of the entrances to the once adorned pitch.
It has since been turned to a urine bank.
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by theoctopus: 10:49am On Sep 18, 2013
Keep talking nonsense. That is what you will continue to get for talking nonsense... grin grin grin

Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by theoctopus: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2013
Please can you post the picture of that monkey-post stadium your governor renovated.... grin grin grin

Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by ennon92(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Since the stadium belongs to the FG, then all levies and gate fees go to them. Besides, why should the stadium be used mainly for religious purposes and music concerts ? No wonder the FG is reluctant to renovate it. smh
source of income for FG.
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by Horus(m): 10:55am On Sep 18, 2013

Lagos National Stadium, Surulere
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by theoctopus: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2013
Horus: [img]http://2.bp..com/_Mf2suMFxc0U/THQCLnxBHRI/AAAAAAAAAGo/QChtrzi2lxk/s320/2.JPG[/img]

This is one of the entrances to the once adorned pitch.
It has since been turned to a urine bank.

Good. That is what you get when you continue to act like agberos, just the same way you guys behave here on NL... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by Xriss: 10:57am On Sep 18, 2013
agbameta: I guess this is how the worthless and incompetent losers in Abuja developed Lagos...

The politicians in Abuja are using resources from all over Nigeria to develop Abuja the same way past 'leaders' of Nigeria used resources from the country to develop Lagos.....

Fashola is doing a good job in maintaining the facilities under his purview but whether you like it or not Lagos was developed by the federal government when Lagos was the federal capital.....

The federal government built over 80% of the roads, flyovers and bridges in Lagos....

The FG built the seaports and airports.....pls note that MMA2 is a building

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by obainojazz(m): 10:58am On Sep 18, 2013
theoctopus:

Good. That is what you get when you continue to act like agberos, just the same way you guys behave here on NL... grin grin grin
confirm agberoes.....they are now here crying....nff will never allow eagles play there again coz of their bad characters....if they do....it will be when ahmed musa wins the world best
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by Xriss: 11:01am On Sep 18, 2013
agbameta: I guess this is how the worthless and incompetent losers in Abuja developed Lagos...

The politicians in Abuja are using resources from all over Nigeria to develop Abuja the same way past 'leaders' of Nigeria used resources from the country to develop Lagos.....

Fashola is doing a good job in maintaining the facilities under his purview but whether you like it or not Lagos was developed by the federal government when Lagos was the federal capital.....

The federal government built over 80% of the roads, flyovers and bridges in Lagos....

The FG built the seaports and airports.....pls note that MMA2 is only a building...a complete airport would also have runways, radar stations, hangars, watch towers etc...

The FG also built the national arts theatre, stadium and many other facilities in Lagos.......

Though like I wrote earlier
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by theoctopus: 11:02am On Sep 18, 2013
Xriss:

The FG built the seaports and airports.....pls note that MMA2 is a building

Dont mind these funny APC people joor. I am enjoying this thread. It hasnt dawned on them that it is the turn of other people. I thought they said Fashola built Lagos. Let us see how he will continue to build it then. If you ask them to show you pictures of how beautiful Lagos is now, 95 percent of the roads and bridges they will post will be FG roads built in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Yet they give Fashola the credit.

It is this same nasty and barbaric attitude that made NFA to abandon the Lagos stadium. These agberos will go to a Super Eagles match and start boing our boys
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by ajf(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2013
cashkid18: hmmm..n sum pple will still blame gej for it instead of blaming fashola
Daft ni....ers like this should be ignored
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by leggo: 11:13am On Sep 18, 2013
theoctopus:

Dont mind these funny APC people joor. I am enjoying this thread. It hasnt dawned on them that it is the turn of other people. I thought they said Fashola built Lagos. Let us see how he will continue to build it then. If you ask them to show you pictures of how beautiful Lagos is now, 95 percent of the roads and bridges they will post will be FG roads built in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Yet they give Fashola the credit.

It is this same nasty and barbaric attitude that made NFA to abandon the Lagos stadium. These agberos will go to a Super Eagles match and start boing our boys
So if the super eagles are playing shiit ,they should clap? Same way you hail a non performing president?

5 Likes

Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by dozai: 11:14am On Sep 18, 2013
$£yi:

You mean we should blame Fashola for the poor condition of Nigeria's NATIONAL stadium.

This is Teslim Balogun stadium that belongs to Lagos state government, which Fashola has maintained well.
Synthetic pitch things. It will be difficult for any international match to be played there. Natural grass is always the best.
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2013
Hoodrat: Is this not the same place bunch of confused people dance like retard on what they call lagos carnival
The LASG doesn't use it for carnival. It uses Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS).
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by TonySpike: 11:22am On Sep 18, 2013
THE GLADIATOR'S ARENA OF CAPUA, built and commissioned over 2000 years ago, by AUGUSTUS OCTAVIUS CAESAR looks better than our own NATIONAL STADIUM built in 1972.

By the way, I saw Spartacus and Theokeles fight at the arena back in those days... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by saintdeby(m): 11:26am On Sep 18, 2013
obainojazz: seems you dullards have no brain to think....ministry of sports don't care about the stadium because of the bad characters of lagos spectators....imagine those touts booing the national team....calabar always the best for them....its better they demolish it....bunch of uncivilised people....here blaming federal government.....tell me when last eagles played there...smh
you don't have brain at all, does dat mean fg shud not repair it, d stadium belongs to fg, wot is d function of sport minitry, fg can not manage anytin in dis country starting frm nitel, nnpc, railway corportn, educ, security............!..nigeria is a failed nation.
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by Azone: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2013
ifyalways: Someone collects "parking fees" for every vehicle that goes through the gates of the staduim daily( last I was there twas 200N). Rents are collected monthly from those doing business within the stadium. Gate fees are collected. They rent out the stadium to pastors and musicians at exorbitant prices too.

So,who takes all the money? State or FG

That is where corruption comes to play. Nobody is saying anything about all those money. Anyway I think the same development that was given to Abuja stadium should also be extended to Lagos.

Its long overdue.
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2013
voltron: You will hear some Nigerians (Blissfully Ignorant ones) say we should go for Nuclear Power, Launch a Nigerian to the Moon, Build a Space Research Lab in Space.. when we cannot keep the grass-lawn watered and cut regularly..
We lack maintenance culture, and the people that are responsible for this, do it with impunity. I weep for the memory of men like Ahmadu Bello, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe, etc when on 1/10/2010 during our 50th anniversary as a nation, the spot where the Union Jack for lowered to hoist our flag on 1/10/1960 in the Tafawa Balewa Square (Race Course as it then was called) was covered with grasses. The building used by the Prime Minister is in a sorry state.
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by calcal: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2013
The government has no business running stadium, this stadium should be sold for $1 to private sector.
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:36am On Sep 18, 2013
obainojazz: seems you dullards have no brain to think....ministry of sports don't care about the stadium because of the bad characters of lagos spectators....imagine those touts booing the national team....calabar always the best for them....its better they demolish it....bunch of uncivilised people....here blaming federal government.....tell me when last eagles played there...smh
The Super Eagles have the highest team of supporters in Lagos.
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by ak47mann(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2013
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by KnowAll(m): 11:42am On Sep 18, 2013
[size=16pt]Do not cut your nose to spite the face, that seems to be the attitude of the FG. They abandoned their properties in Lagos to spite the APC Government in Lagos yet they did not know they are harming themselves. Even the Igbo votes they are banking on to rescue them in time of elections would abandon them. The Igbo-Lagosians are sophisticated voters like the Yoruba's in Lagos.

The same FG is making a lot of money on the ports in Apapa and Tin-Can Island yet they would not fix the road to the port or even build a trailer park for the numerous trailer that are park around Malu Road.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by MrPatoh: 11:53am On Sep 18, 2013
To state without any further mis-statements; 'the Stadium' is in desire need for rehabilitation.

The Sports Minister needs to be aware with the situation at hand in case the need arises that a world cup or world event be hosted in the country.
Funding has never been the real issue, that I know, their main confronting problem is just planning.

NOTE: If Fashola can renovate Teslim Balogun stadium the way he did with Lagos budget money, then the FG can rehabilitate 3 stadii in 3 years to the feel of Emirates Stadium - Arsenal FC.
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by LajaLaba: 11:53am On Sep 18, 2013
For your myopic mind u don talk abi?village champion!U see my friend football fanaticism happens everywhere more even worse in Europe does that make them to close down the stadium?
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
sanandreas: fashola is working.
Olodo must you tak?
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by jude33084(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
agbameta:

Sadly enough, the morally bankrupt and incompetent losers budget funds for these facilities every year. In fact, this particular National infrastructure is so fvukeddd up that they rent out portions of this stadium for beer pallor, boutiques and other rubbish while the folks in charge look the other way unconcerned.

Last year, Lagos state hosted the National sports festival and not a single part of the event was hosted at this facility, in fact, our National team is still homeless, they don't have any home stadium and this is why some international soccer teams dodge any kind of engagement in Nigeria.

The so called giant of Africa without a functioning National stadium....

What a cruel shame...

Yes shame on Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and his team of ministers angry

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by kingilemona298(m): 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
:oHAS IT GOTTEN TO THIS??!!!!
Re: Bad State Of Lagos National Stadium, Surulere. PICS. by henrychubayo: 12:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
i think one big problem with that stadium is that no club in premier league is playing there. since Julius Berger left, Lagos since has no club. even after renovations, one club in west should move there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki / Abdulahi Olatoyan Meets Ben Murray-Bruce (photos) / Governor Ganduje: Abolish Herdsmen Movement From North To South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.