Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning (10735 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is 59 Years Old Today / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? / Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Tolexander: 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
The Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said Wednesday, that she was not contemplating resignation and would concentrate on her job of managing the nation’s economy for the common good of Nigerians.

The 7 governors who are opposed to the Alh. Bamanga Tukur-led People’s Democratic party, PDP, had Tuesday night called for the resignation of the minister, considered as one of the most valuable members of President Gooluck Jonathan’s cabinet.
Okonjo-Iweala

Okonjo-Iweala

Dr. Okonjo-Iweala made her stand on the issue known at a briefing, in Abuja, where she gave a load down on the performance of the economy.

The minister who was asked by a journalist whether or not she would resign as demanded by the governors had this to say, “that doesn’t arise. I am not here for those kind of issues. I am Minister of Finance for the country. I am working with President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and I will just do my job.

“This ( briefing) is not to address that kind of issue. All of you are Finance correspondents and I call you from time to time I have this kind of press conference and I share with you what is happening in the economy. That is what I am doing. So am I not answering to that? …Do I look any close to resignation? I ‘de kampe’”.

“So don’t worry about. We should stop talking about political issues here. The economy should be managed for the good of Nigerians. That is why we are here. Let’s face facts of the economy. I have given you facts about the economy. I have given you roads built; agric jobs created increase in production, you can go and check for yourself so that we can focus on facts”.

orisun
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by taharqa: 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Why d helll did Okonjo-Iweala even consider answering those bunch of NOISEMAKING Govs. Now, she has elevated their mere OPINIONS to sometin appearing more serious..

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by ayodeji752: 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
" i am working WITH Goodluck Jonathan" madam u are rude. D rite way of saying it is " i am working FOR Goodluck Jonathan" cos u are working for him

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Bright2(m): 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
Very soon this 7 Governors will ask president Obama to resign! The worse is that they don't even know their limit .

10 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by jumobi1(m): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
ayodeji752: " i am working WITH Goodluck Jonathan" madam u are rude. D rite way of saying it is " i am working FOR Goodluck Jonathan" cos u are working for him

She works for Nigeria with/under GEJ. GEJ doesn't pay her.

25 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
jumobi1:

I was almost in a haste to type your comment that I had just quoted.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Okijajuju1(m): 9:50am On Sep 19, 2013
Okonjo Iweala reacting to this news making Nairaland frontpage..

26 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 19, 2013
nobody asked her resign. she made a mistake and the governors ask her to correct it or consider resignation. tinz tym end

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Rexphobia(m): 9:55am On Sep 19, 2013
Who do you think is qualified for the job?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Godsun2013(m): 9:55am On Sep 19, 2013
Ok, but wait o.i neva brush mouth i dey eat
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by SUBMARINE: 9:56am On Sep 19, 2013
Gov Amaechi needs serious deliverance. It was tukur yesterday, today it is Ngozi, may be Patience Jonathan tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Oyenibi: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2013
Shey go resign dat one na for sure no be her papa house
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Uteghe(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2013
Governors are chasing shadows. The right person to resign is Godswill Akpabio,the fraudulent governor of Akwa Ibom.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Samgreguc(m): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2013
ayodeji752: " i am working WITH Goodluck Jonathan" madam u are rude. D rite way of saying it is " i am working FOR Goodluck Jonathan" cos u are working for him
u are the rude one here! She is working with Goodluck Jonathan for Nigeria,she is working for Nigeria and not Goodluck.

11 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Aizebioje(m): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2013
Nigerian politics and leadership is great comedy. Madea thinks she's funny? She obviously hasn't met 9ja politicians!
I dey Kampe. Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by SUBMARINE: 10:03am On Sep 19, 2013
@RIVERS STATE I pity u guys concerning ur Governor who have left his responsibility to pursue shadows. What concerns a State governor with Fed politics.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by esbjaygmailco(m): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2013
God go punish them all
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Samgreguc(m): 10:05am On Sep 19, 2013
"I DEY KAMPE" haterz una hear am. She no dey resign!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by SUBMARINE: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2013
If Gov Amaechi can invest half of the resources he spends on fighting GEJ into Rivers State University I believe the Uni might end up being amongst the best 100 in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by homesteady(m): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2013
Yes oh! She dey kampe!!
Dem Amaechi and co should go and drink poison

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Lilimax(f): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2013
Whether she resigns or not, she has nothing to loose smiley.
BTW, she dey Kampe!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Lilimax(f): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Agwoden(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2013
Uteghe :
Governors are chasing shadows. The right person to resign is Godswill Akpabio,the fraudulent governor of Akwa Ibom.
guy u well so? Go n take ur drugs.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by 3ace(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2013
jumobi1:

Don't let us deceive ourselves; She's working for GEJ. If GEJ decides to sack her today, can we save her? Why couldn't we save Rukayat if she was actually working for Nigerians? Same thing goes for Governors and their Commissioners.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by taiocol: 10:19am On Sep 19, 2013
amechi don high lyk kitcheesy. G7 nor get respect o. Hw deh go ask iwela 2 resign
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Repentance(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2013
one reason y I lyk dis woman is that she is vry much educated nd cn never be intimated by those seeking recognition.they re fightin a lost battle
ng gej ll always be the winner.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by 3ace(m): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2013
The G7 are bunch of jokers. That was how they demanded that Turkur be removed and up till now, the man still dey control. They are only venting their anger because things are not going their way. When their gragra come down, they will return to the party and work with Turkur and even Okonjo. They will surely come back; that's why they are still bearing PDP with "n" in front.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by samtin(m): 10:27am On Sep 19, 2013
oboy u don fall ur hand oo....
shocked shocked[img][/img]
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by skyluv2000(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2013
Okonjo Iwela is not only a co-ordinating minister or just a minister, but a flamboyant, elegant, charismatic and a prominent mother in nigeria,west Africa,Africa and World in general.she is a famous celebrity and world economic reformer.So all these local and petty propopaganda political juganuts should go and kiss the toilet sit. Confused and biased Governors. Abeg Madam Ngozi carry go jare. We ibos and southerners are solidly behind you.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Nelly Mayshak And Three Others / Fashola And Lai Mohammed At Presidential Quarterly Business Forum / I Want To Bust A Bubble That Lekki Shooting Is A Hoax. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.