Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning (10747 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is 59 Years Old Today / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? / Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by obailala(m): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2013
ayodeji752: " i am working WITH Goodluck Jonathan" madam u are rude. D rite way of saying it is " i am working FOR Goodluck Jonathan" cos u are working for him
Typical African slavery/backward mentality... "oga I am loyal sir".. Please she is not working for Jonathan.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by sylve11: 10:49am On Sep 19, 2013
gen2briz:

How many members of your family don invest in this.?

*whispers* all of dem r billionares. grin cool
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 19, 2013
One_Naira:

I don't live in Nigeria so anything political about the nation does not impact me but NOI have contributed to the development of my state. Thanks to her, the nation you live in paid off most of its debt. It was she that suggested to publish each state's monthly financial allocation from the federal government in an effort to increase transparency of government. It was she that suggested to remove the fuel subsidy scam that you all threw a temper tantrum over until some Hausa guy gave one a breakdown of how beneficial the suggestion was. She equally suggested a budget that would improve the unemployment rate of your nation.

Past chairman of an organization that donated $49.3 billion to provide grants and interest-free loans to the world’s poorest countries (your nation included).
co-founder of Makeda Fund: A US$50 million private equity fund that invested in African Women-owned businesses
Helped strength the National Economic Policy Coordination by suggesting the creation of EFCC

In 2000 she "Organised and helped implement capacity building/training of over 40 mid-career civil servants and legislative aides in economic policy and analysis with the assistance of the donor funds from USAID and technical support from the World Bank." for your nation

She's equally helped African nations and other nations like Cameroon, Kenya, North Africa, Congo, Rwanda, Iran, Lebanon, etc

Her work activities in helping others as well as her awards
WORLD BANK ACTIVITIES

Co-Chair, LICUS Task Force (Low Income Countries Under Stress), Oct. 2001- March 2002
Chair, Human Resources Committee-Administrative Client Support (ACS) Network, 2001
Member, Clearance and Staffing Panel for Country Unit staff, 2001
Member, Director Selection Committee, Young Professionals Program, 1997-2000
Chair, Staff Association working group on status of Women, 1993-1996.
Member, Small Grants Committee, 1993-1996
Chair, Economist Recruitment Sub-Group, 1991-1995
Member Economist Clearance Panel, 1992-1995
Member, Agricultural Staffing Panel, 1992-1995
Member, World Bank Appeal Committee, 1993-1994
Member, Outside Interest Committee, 1991-1994
Founder, African Women Informal Networking Group, World Bank, 1986-87
BOARD MEMBERSHIP AND CHAIRMANSHIP
ONE Campaign, Washington, D.C. and London
The World Resources Institute, Washington, D.C.
The Rockefeller Foundation, New York
Foundation Board of the Forum of Young Global Leaders, World Economic Forum, Davos,
Switzerland
The African Institutes of Science and TechnologylNelson Mandela Institute, Abuja
African University of Science and Technology, Abuja
Center for Global Development (CGD)
Advisory Board of the Clinton Global Initiative
International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) Leadership Council
Vital Voices, Washington, D.C.
External Advisory Board, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Energy Initiative (MITEI),
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Advisory Board, Center for International Studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Results for Development Institute, Washington, D.C.
Member, System Dynamics Advisory Board, Worcester Polytechnic Institute and University,
Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Member, Visiting Committee, Department of Urban Studies and Planning (DUSP),
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Co-founder and member, Board of Directors, Women of Light Foundation (WOLF). An NGO
assisting female sex workers, in Lagos, Nigeria
Member, Advisory Board, L YNX- Linking Nigerian Youth Together. An NGO formed by a
group of Nigerian students in Boston, Massachusetts.

Member, Board of Fate Foundation, USA and Nigeria.
Member, Advisory Board, World Resources Institute (WRI), Washington D.C., USA
Chair World Bank Development Committee. Spring 2004
Representative to the Development Committee (2004 to date) of Anglophone Constituency of
African Governors of World Bank
Member, International Monetary Policy and Finance Committee (IMFC) of the IMF as part of
Anglophone Constituency of African Governors of IMF
SELECTED LIST OF HONOURS

The 2011 Global Leadership Award, Chicago Council on Global Affairs.Zul l.
Top 100 most inspiring people delivering for girls and women, Women Deliver, 2011.
Top 100 Women, The Guardian, 2011.
Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science in Economics (honoris causa), Obafemi Awolowo
University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, 2011.
The Bishop John T. Walker Distinguished Humanitarian Service Award, Africare, 2010.
Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science, The University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, 2010.
This Day Award of 50 Most Notable Nigerians who have contributed most to 50 years of
Nigerian Development, 2010.
Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters, Amherst College, USA, May 2008.
Member of Prestigious Nobel Prize Winner, Prof. Michael Spence led Commission on Growth
and Development, 2008.
Conde Nast International Business Intelligence Magazine Portfolio as one of 73 "Brilliant"
business influencers in the world, 2008.
Honorary Doctorate of Letters, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland, December 2007.
Honorary Doctorate of Laws, Colby College, USA, May 2007.
Honorary Doctorate of Laws, Brown University, USA, May 2006.
Forbes Magazine 100 Most Powerful Women in the world, 2006.
Global Finance Minister of the Year 2005 EUROMONEYMagazine.
Honarary Doctorate of Humane Letters, Northern Caribbean University, Mandeville, Jamaica
Finance Minister of the Year 2005, Africa and the Middle East: Emerging Markets Magazine.
TIME Magazine European Heroes Award 2004.
Minister of the Year 2004 & 2005 THISDAY Nigeria Newspaper.
Finance Minister of the Year 2004 for Africa and Middle East - Award by THE BANKER, a
publication of the FINANCIAL TIMES.
Nigerian Association of Humanitarian NGOs Excellence Award 2005.
Umuada Igbo (Association ofIgbo Women of Nigeria). Excellence Award 2005.
Nigerian Institute of Directors, Excellence and Leadership Award 2005.
Umuahia Catholic Diocese, Abia State, Nigeria, Courage, Excellence and Leadership Award
Euromarket Forum, Brussels Belgium, 2004 Award for Vision and Courage In Design and
Implementation of Nigeria's Economic Reform Programme.
2000 Merit Award - Nigerian Lawyers Association, New York, USA.

International Economics Contribution Award - Nigerian Peoples Forum.
African Development Leader Award - African Community Development Institute (ACODI).
World Bankers Toastmaster's Club Communications and Leadership Award, Washington,
D.C., 1996.
Josephine L. Murray Traveling Fellow, Harvard University, 1975.
Junior Fellow, Harvard Institute ofInternational Affairs, 1976.
Isobel L. Briggs American Fellow, Harvard University/MIT, 1976.
International Fellow, American Association of University Women, 1977-78

Until Amaechi and his corrupt governors can achieve half of the ish this woman has done and helped half of the people and the nation this woman have helped, then they have the right to attack her. Until then he and his 13 corrupt governors should sit down and focus on their work. They are governors, not thugs.

10 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by amadethetop: 11:07am On Sep 19, 2013
we must not play politics with issues that has to do with national development. okonjo iweala is the best thing that has happen to Nigeria in the last 20 years of Nigeria history. im talking from my position as a chartered accountant because i know her financial contributions to the growth of Nigerian economy and this cannot be over emphassize

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Updatenewsarena(m): 11:08am On Sep 19, 2013
She suppose to resign even without asking her at all
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by amadethetop: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2013
amade@the top:
we must not play politics with issues that has to do with national development. okonjo iweala is the best thing that has happen to Nigeria in the last 20 years of Nigeria history. Am talking from my position as a chartered accountant because i know her financial contributions to the growth of Nigerian economy and this cannot be over emphasize

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by yetunsbay(m): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2013
grin
Godsun2013: Ok, but wait o.i neva brush mouth i dey eat
no worry,even recommendd by doc to do so
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by kennytidistar(m): 11:24am On Sep 19, 2013
ayodeji752: " i am working WITH Goodluck Jonathan" madam u are rude. D rite way of saying it is " i am working FOR Goodluck Jonathan" cos u are working for him

She was right, She is not working for but She is working with. because She is a minister and not a personal house girl. do you remember service of and service for? they are two different thing.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by remarkD(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2013
Nice, smiley That's my lady right there!

Haters take a dive or better still hug a transformer - no one will care or even notice! heheh

Lots of people, the average Joe of the streets of Naija might not know or feel directly the impact of this womans works and policies.... but if it was crafty hands that were carrying our economy right now... I'll leave it at that.

God bless this great Igbo lady! (for choosing to come back to this country to serve our people - every Nigerian who love & loathe her).

God bless GEJ! (Whom despite all the distractions and hurdles thrown on his path so he will fail and be frustrated out of the Aso rock, has not been moved... if anything, his amazing performance, again, in light of all the hurdles, is cruising to 2019!).

God bless the Federal Repblic of Nigeria!!!

Nma mma nu.

Tolexander:

orisun

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by kennytidistar(m): 11:35am On Sep 19, 2013
3ace: Don't let us deceive ourselves; She's working for GEJ. If GEJ decides to sack her today, can we save her? Why couldn't we save Rukayat if she was actually working for Nigerians? Same thing goes for Governors and their Commissioners.

that's the rule of the game, even anybody can be sack by his or her boss, that doesn't mean you are working for him since She is not his private house girl then She is working with Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by creativemusic: 11:35am On Sep 19, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Db drama
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by PuffyT1(m): 11:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Vince2(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2013

Ur wrong. Goodluck Jonathan is not nigeria so she can nt be working for him. Rather, she work with him for the good of Nigeria Economy.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by KwoiZabo(m): 11:54am On Sep 19, 2013
Mummy don't mind them they are very uncomfortable with people like you driving the transformation agenda of their arc-enemy GEJ. but they don't know they've just bombed their feet by calling for the resignation of the best minister the country ever had in their first meeting. This speaks volumes of what to expect when we give power to APC. This is pathetic and Nigerians are watching our so called progressives. 'ilungun boy and eko ile's posts will no longer baffle me cos I now know that bringing down the president runs in their DNA'
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
Tolexander:

orisun

omo see gobe.. very funny
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
Okija_juju: Okonjo Iweala reacting to this news making Nairaland frontpage.. Chei why I no go work today na eh! laugh won kill me o.

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by EZECO(m): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
Otondo! Tell me what mks her rude?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Kanwulia: 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
Like Dora, like Ngozi. . . . Endangered species of Nigerian politics.

FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLL! grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Lordlexyy: 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
skyluv2000: Okonjo Iwela is not only a co-ordinating minister or just a minister, but a flamboyant, elegant, charismatic and a prominent mother in nigeria,west Africa,Africa and World in general.she is a famous celebrity and world economic reformer.So all these local and petty propopaganda political juganuts should go and kiss the toilet sit. Confused and biased Governors. Abeg Madam Ngozi carry go jare. We ibos and southerners are solidly behind you.
Sick tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by roxell120(m): 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
madam dont get distracted by these devils that are wrestling for power to drag us back, keep working. history will surely remember u.its only blind men that cannot see bt they can feel. GOD BLESS THE TRANSFORMER.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Lordlexyy: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
remark D: Nice, smiley That's my lady right there!

Haters take a dive or better still hug a transformer - no one will care or even notice! heheh

Lots of people, the average Joe of the streets of Naija might not know or feel directly the impact of this womans works and policies.... but if it was crafty hands that were carrying our economy right now... I'll leave it at that.

God bless this great Igbo lady! (for choosing to come back to this country to serve our people - every Nigerian who love & loathe her).

God bless GEJ! (Whom despite all the distractions and hurdles thrown on his path so he will fail and be frustrated out of the Aso rock, has not been moved... if anything, his amazing performance, again, in light of all the hurdles, is cruising to 2019!).

God bless the Federal Repblic of Nigeria!!!

Nma mma nu.

And who engineered subsidy removal unannounce? Tribalis! Was she not part of Obj govt? Did anything change? Presently, has anything change, with regard to job creation? I don't have anything against her, but against folks like you blinded by bigotry, would rather sing her praises to heaven even when there's very little simply because she is igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Funpeter: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
jumobi1:

She works for Nigeria with/under GEJ. GEJ doesn't pay her.
But GEJ can fired her anytime, anywhere.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Uteghe(m): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
Agwoden:
guy u well so? Go n take ur drugs.
You are pathetic junkie. Your intellectual vacuity would have been concealed if you addressed the issue I raised instead of writing rubbish.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
is it just me or there are details of the achievement on nigerian economy that others are aware of that are part of the record of madam iweala, the world class economic giant?

just recently, i read that there is now an organization of unemployed university graduates in nigeria. this is unprecedented. today the rate of exchange of naira to usd is close to 160 which is unbelievable because when madam world power was in undergraduate class, it was 2 usd or more or a little less to 1 naira. the very same naira.

i could go on and on. but what i really want to find out is has the economy gotten a needed shot on the arm, whereby manufacturing, production, etc, small, medium and large scale businesses are coming back and striving, driving the monetary policy and rating simultaneously?

oil related industries should not be the only thing nigeria can boast about, especially with her as a genius driving the 'market'.

i see a lot of 'inventions' by real or potential inventors that a serious economic master should know that funds should be set aside and encourage inventors whereby the government becomes partners and appoint managers to oversee what the process is.

the us got out of the house busted bubbles by the executive branch rolling up its sleeves and go to work to fix the broken pipe; they inject some money, rescue some companies and encourage 'starting up new business'.

what method is the madam using to wake up the sleeping giant that has abandoned 'production, etc'? the roads that many are considering great is worse that neighborhood roads in under privilege settlements in developed countries.

how is it that nigerian civil engineering 'companies' are not in charge of the roads, bridges, waterways, sewage system, etc and you have to depend on even china as if nigeria is zimbabwe or some jungle settlement?

by the way, there are women and igbo who can simply take the bull by the horn and ride or tame the nigerian economy to the admiration of many more nigerians and people around the world. paper credentials without utilizing the value and influence it carries is essentially marginalization.

the madam could have called all her friends, especially the us she knows and ask them to invest in nigeria in many ways than 1; technological transfer, company relocation, manufacturing set up, etc, etc.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Tribalism is the bane of my fatherland. I weep for her, and all the 'sicklings' she continues to raise.

I pray that our eyes wouldn't all be blindfolded by ethnic sentiments.

The 'facts' remain that a vast majority of the citizens of our country: r jobless, do not have access to good and quality health care systems, education, water, electricity, roads, airports, or any other means of transportation, cannot afford decent meals, live on less than a dollar a day,....and d list is endless.

These are d present facts and realities we r faced with, and not what they show us on NTA network. Heck, not what the finance minister comes on air to tell us.

As long as these problems persist, I would NEVER be fooled or let myself to be blindly misguided by ethnic sentiments, even though the Ibo blood run thru my veins.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by ifebosco: 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
skyluv2000: Okonjo Iwela is not only a co-ordinating minister or just a minister, but a flamboyant, elegant, charismatic and a prominent mother in nigeria,west Africa,Africa and World in general.she is a famous celebrity and world economic reformer.So all these local and petty propopaganda political juganuts should go and kiss the toilet sit. Confused and biased Governors. Abeg Madam Ngozi carry go jare. We ibos and southerners are solidly behind you.
the theoretical economics,a country without no data base can not implement good economic policies that can favor the poor.all na story
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by ifebosco: 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
jdbabzy: Tribalism is the bane of my fatherland. I weep for her, and all the 'sicklings' she continues to raise.

I pray that our eyes wouldn't all be blindfolded by ethnic sentiments.

The 'facts' remain that a vast majority of the citizens of our country: r jobless, do not have access to good and quality health care systems, education, water, electricity, roads, airports, or any other means of transportation, cannot afford decent meals, live on less than a dollar a day,....and d list is endless.

These are d present facts and realities we r faced with, and not what they show us on NTA network. Heck, not what the finance minister comes on air to tell us.

As long as these problems persist, I would NEVER be fooled or let myself to be blindly misguided by ethnic sentiments, even though the Ibo blood run thru my veins.

God bless Nigeria!!!
aleast somebody is thinking
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Funpeter: 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
ifebosco: the theoretical economics,a country without no data base can not implement good economic policies that can favor the poor.all na story
Guess u're a statistician or someone that's knows the important of data.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
Samgreguc:
u are the rude one here! She is working with Goodluck Jonathan for Nigeria,she is working for Nigeria and not Goodluck.
Are you then saying she can't be fired by GEJ?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by ifebosco: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
Funpeter: Guess u're a statistician or someone that's knows the important of data.
my bro na comon sense

a mother who does not know the number of children she has,should not say in public that, they are doing well.im igbo sentiment apart,time to tell ourselves the bitter truth
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2013
jumobi1:

She works for Nigeria with/under GEJ. GEJ doesn't pay her.
She works for GEJ,dude.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning by ifebosco: 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
amade@the top:
we must not play politics with issues that has to do with national development. okonjo iweala is the best thing that has happen to Nigeria in the last 20 years of Nigeria history. im talking from my position as a chartered accountant because i know her financial contributions to the growth of Nigerian economy and this cannot be over emphassize
please as a chartered accountant tell me 3things she has done right to help the poor??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Rejects Acting CJN, Tanko Says Inauguration Of Tribunal Judges Is Illegal / Who Are The Majority In Delta State, Urhobo, Itsekiri Or Igbos? / Oyebanji: We Didn’t Buy Votes, Ekiti People Supported Us To Win Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.