Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" (17585 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is 59 Years Old Today / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) / An Open Letter To Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Seun(m): 10:48am On Jan 05, 2012
Femi Kani-Kayode Wrote This On Facebook

In my view Ngozie Okonjo-Iweala is the problem. She is the architect of this policy. She serves the interests of the IMF and the World Bank more than she does the interests of the Nigerian people. That has always been the case but OBJ controlled her with a firm hand when we were in power and he used her to secure a good deal for us on the foreign debt issue because she knew the system. If the World Bank asks her to jump she will ask ''how high''? This is the woman that is virtually our Prime Minister today. No wonder we are in trouble. People like this have very little feeling for the masses and they cannot empathise with their pain. Even the traditional politicians empathise more with the ordinary people because they have to interact with them on a daily basis but these so-called technocrats do not and they do not really care. All they care and think about is the full implementation of the economic prescriptions of the IMF and the World Bank and they don't care how painful and drastic the implementation of those prescriptions are. I have tremendous respect for Ngozie as a person and frankly I happen to actually like her because she is civilised, well-bred, exceptionally intelligent, warm and affable. However we have a completely different world-view. Her world-view is that the ''Third World'' should live at the behest and by the grace of the Bretton Woods monetry institutions and she believes in a fully globalised world where the second slavery (i.e. international debt) holds sway and keeps the poorer nations of the world in their proper place. My view is that nations were not created to be broken down into vassal states which are remote-controlled, punished, enslaved and impoverished by a few greedy international bankers that run the IMF and the World Bank.

I do not trust these foreign international monetry institutions and those that work for them and my vast knowledge of history shows me that wherever they go in the world they only spread misery, poverty, unreasonable conditionalities, misery and wickedness. Their yoke is heavy and they are simply tools of oppression that are firmly in the control of all-mighty America and western Europe. These are the forces and the people that are causing GEJ to derail. He should stand up to them and he should not give in to their intimidation and threats. He has nothing to fear from them because the westrn world itself is now going through it's own major financial crisis and it is crumbling. Nigeria is big enough and strong enough to face them down no matter what and chart her own course. What they are using him to do is to impoverish the Nigerian people, weaken them and bring them down to their knees. They did the same in South America through the 80's and the 90's and they are still doing it in Africa. Even the nation of Ghana, which has a far more stable and prosperous economy than Nigeria today and which has just discovered oil, was forced by this hidden hand that controls their government to remove their own oil subsidy on xmas day of all days. What a terrible xmas gift to the Ghanian people. Since then prices for virtually everything in Ghana has doubled. And we can be rest assured that after the trickle down effect sets in we should expect the same in Nigeria- everything will double or triple in price including food, transport, diesal, kerosene, petrol, commodities, the general cost of living etc. This is unecessary, unfair, wrong and exceptionally callous.

https://www.facebook.com/femifanikayode/posts/2284472000711

I don't believe in kicking people when they are down, so I'm not going to join this crucifixion chorus.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by victorazy(m): 10:51am On Jan 05, 2012
Is she the president of Nigeria now?
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by sugardaddy1(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2012
^^^No, the Prime Minister!
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Kx: 10:55am On Jan 05, 2012
I think is high time we knew the charter and the core objectives of the IMF/World Bank wrt to Africa.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 05, 2012
would he pick up a weapon when the time for us to fight arrives?  undecided
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by femicensus: 10:57am On Jan 05, 2012
they 've got it wrong this time around.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by humblebee: 10:59am On Jan 05, 2012
victorazy:

no the controller general of the president,
Jonathan is educated but with no wisdom to rule, slow to make decisions and never pro-active
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Ufeolorun(m): 11:02am On Jan 05, 2012
Until all the anger and planning is directed at her we wont make much progress,we all know we don't have a president.We should ignore Jonathan he is incapable of such high level deceit.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by humblebee: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2012
please what does patrick obiahgbon has to say to this, i already got a 2012 edition of oxford dictionary
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Nadanbata: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2012
What he said is the bigger picture. However Most people are to blinded by etnicity and religon to sit down and properly anaylse things. And how things work in the world. All these govts do not work for the people but the cooperations who run things. AKA IMF, world bank, WTO, Shell, Goldman Sachs, ECB, Federal Reserve, Walmart etc etc. If you see the money they play with you'll see Na Naija is small change. Their own corruption is 'veiled' unlike Naijas blatent one.  cool
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Kx: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2012
The meaning of the name:

IWEALA means the anger of the land

Without derailing this thread,
Is she bent on unleashing the full "wrath" of her name on poor nigerians in this policy?
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by sugardaddy1(m): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2012
I've always dreaded women with beards.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Hardeyoye: 11:05am On Jan 05, 2012
I tire o, JEG just sit down there looking like a slowpoke and being controlled. Oh lord, PLEASE save us in Nigeria, we are terribly suffering.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Hardunnii(f): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2012
Lol, you thought we women are weak?? Who is running the country now
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Onyocha: 11:14am On Jan 05, 2012
Fani-Kayode spoke my mind!!! very intelligent words.

i recently opened this thread:

"Why Has The IMF Urged The Nigerian Government To Remove Fuel Subsidy?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837339.0.html
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Onyocha: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2012
this is just a way of making nigerians poorer.

the west doesn't have oil.so to keep up with us,they urge wicked policies for our puppet leaders to implement.

yet,we dont see the west "removing subsidy" on electricity or the benefits their citizens get from their technological advancements generally.

generally the citizens of the west be they poor or rich live good lives.we dont live good live,and now they are exploting our oil we should benefit from.this is bad,real bad!
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by hustla242: 11:20am On Jan 05, 2012
I don't expect anything less from FFK. An attention-seeker, he got his chance and fluffed it. NOI managed to get Nigeria out of debt sometime ago, now he goes on about this rubbish. At least she's not had a case to answer at EFCC like you. NOI and SLS are equally at the heart of this policy.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Demdem(m): 11:20am On Jan 05, 2012
In otherwords, the reason I am buying fuel at 142 per liter is becos of her and not the dumbo retardeen.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by DAY12(m): 11:21am On Jan 05, 2012
Iweala. . . . what a name! angry
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 05, 2012
Subsidy removal on Petrol is in order. The things that needs to be subsidized is public transport and electricity.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by andyandy: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by aljharem3: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2012
victorazy:

She is our default prime minister appointed by GEJ
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Buckie10: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2012
Femi Fani-Kayode needs to keep his opinions to himself because he is part and parcel of the Nigerian problem! Our singular problem is that of leadership, no one wants to lead everybody is just out to oppress, if not what do we call people who clearly steal our collective wealth and display it right in our faces? There have been far too may stories of our leaders stealing from the nation and nothing has happened to any of them, FFK is an example of this. We have being failed by all aspects of leadership in Nigeria, no one is selfless anymore, no one is willing to tackle anything no matter how small, all our elected officials are only after the perks of the office they hold. I am holding them all responsible for the mess we are in now, including FFK, Buhari, IBB, OBJ, and every other person that has occupied a position of leadership in the last 50 years, from councillors to heads of states.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by aljharem3: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2012
andyandy:

Its time for Nigerian masses to identify who really represent them, every time the oil subsidy issue comes to the fore the Oil industry will immediately increase the prices without justifying it to the general public. Can they prove that the removal of subsidies is really affecting their profitability and that they won't still declare huge profits at the end of the year?

Nigeria's refining capacity is practically non-existent, and one of the main reason is the subsidy, with its removal oil companies will have to consider refining locally.

The labour organisations NLC and TUC rarely challenge the oil companies on this issue. Refining locally will drive down prices in the long run. As it is now only the Nigerian oil cartel is benefiting from the whole fiasco known as oil subsidy which is no longer useful if Nigeria really wants to diversify its economy.

A lot of nations subsidise sectors of their economies but not petroleum industry where the profit margin is really high as it is.

Oil subsidy has outlived its usefulness to the Nigerian economy.

Beaf and co do you really have to form a different ID to make Nigerians look stu.pid ?

The oil companies are PRIVATE BUNINESSES AND THUS SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN DEREGULATED, THEY CAN EVEN SET THE PRICE TO 1000 N PER LITER. It does not matter since there is no regulation or law stopping them.

Don't play with our intelligence Ok. Stop insulting us Ok !!!
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by abacus(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2012
hustla242:

I don't expect anything less from FFK. An attention-seeker, he got his chance and fluffed it. NOI managed to get Nigeria out of debt sometime ago, now he goes on about this rubbish. At least she's not had a case to answer at EFCC like you. NOI and SLS are equally at the heart of this policy.

Hustler you want hustle die? See the message not the messenger. Okonjo will one be in FFK position as in an ex-minister. So let FFK talk.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by hustla242: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2012
abacus:

Hustler you want hustle die? See the message not the messenger. Okonjo will one be in FFK position as in an ex-minister. So let FFK talk.

She's been in his position before and nothing happened. The fuel subsidy passed it's expiry date long time ago. Someone had to end the madness although they way they went about it and measures put in place to cushion its effects leaves a lot more to be desired. FFK likes to talk especially since he's left government- a lot of times to get his name out there, he had his chance but didn't do anything of note.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by andyandy: 11:33am On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by AVISENNA: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2012
I tired to post my comment on  his Facebook  page and couldn't. If anyone should keep  his trap shut about the spate of things in Nigeria ,Femi Fani Kayode , should be at the for front of it all. These  have men  who have questionable character . For all i care,  he is at par with Okonjo Iwella. Soon and very soon all these sponsored bodies who  have the best interest of the United states at  Heart would evidently come to a grinding halt,.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by logica(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2012
Tell me something new. Only silly little girls trying to be "feminists" have any regard for the Aunt Jemima, as in her they see a "role model". Trust the African; ever ready to sells their own for looking glasses. They must've promised her a plum position once she "delivers". That's why I have to pay $3.70/gallon (141 Naira/liter) for petrol. I checked the Baltimore area where I used to live and gas goes for $3.20/gallon. WTF?
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by VoodooDoll(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2012
Iweala is not the problem, she is a sound minister. The problem lies with GEJ who could not and cannot project manage, communicate with the masses or even project charisma.

It GEJ had spent more time speaking bluntly and truthly with the people then the people will not be on the streets protesting.

The shots at Iweala can sometimes be cheap shots and the tirade from FFK is not justifiable. Why imply that he is more Nigerian than she is, what rubbish. This coming from an ex-minister.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by logica(m): 11:44am On Jan 05, 2012
Btw I knew World Bank or was it IMF had a trick up their sleeve when they cautioned GEJ about "subsidy removal". It's in their manner to speak from both sides of the mouth. This man is not sophisticated enough to know how things work.
Re: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 05, 2012
VoodooDoll:

Iweala is not the problem, she is a sound minister. The problem lies with GEJ who could not and cannot project manage, communicate with the masses or even project charisma.

It GEJ had spent more time speaking bluntly and truthly with the people then the people will not be on the streets protesting.

The shots at Iweala can sometimes be cheap shots and the tirade from FFK is not justifiable. Why imply that he is more Nigerian than she is, what rubbish. This coming from an ex-minister.

mugun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elechi Served Impeachment Notice By Ebonyi House Of Assembly / Ogun PDP Melts Into APC As Ex-Deputy Gov Leads Defection / Exchange Between Sowore And Atiku's Spokesman Over Electricity Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.