Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,531 members, 7,823,312 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

What Did You Learn At Church Today? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (41418 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 1:28am On May 03, 2007
LiquidMind:

My Enemy Must Die

My Enemy Must Die

My Enemy Must Die

Fire Must Burn My Enemies By All Means

I REST MY CASE

winch dey pursue you so?
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by nossycheek(f): 3:31pm On May 03, 2007
To show love to others.

To give to the needy and poor in our midst.

To engage in good works and live examplary Xtian life
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 9ja4eva: 5:26am On May 04, 2007
babyosisi:

winch dey pursue you so?

I tire for dt kind sermon oh
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by LiquidMind(m): 9:24am On May 04, 2007
I  sat my my pastor down and ask why did he preach that sermon (MY ENEMY MUST DIE )    shocked

He told me it is not nice for people to carry Heavy Baggage unnecessarily    shocked
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 04, 2007
LiquidMind:

I sat my my pastor down and ask why did he preach that sermon (MY ENEMY MUST DIE ) shocked

He told me it is not nice for people to carry Heavy Baggage unnecessarily shocked

na cherubim you dey go?
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 9ja4eva: 10:47am On May 05, 2007
Abi MFM
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by toshmann(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2007
today no be church o.
abeg this thread should be opened on sundays only grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2007
That Jesus was really Zeus wink

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by mrpataki(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2007
Learnt about what do you really see? From Jeremiah 1. Got inspired for the week and the blessed things coming my way in the coming months.
God be praised!!!!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 12:55pm On May 06, 2007
May Zeus also be praised!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by anusule(m): 7:39pm On May 06, 2007
i learnt that majority of the youths in uk dont attend church but attend pubs, smiley undecided
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dollyp1cute(f): 8:04pm On May 06, 2007
Reverend:

May Zeus also be praised!

Trying to be controversial innit Olodo
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 9ja4eva: 10:09pm On May 06, 2007
anusule:

i learnt that majority of the youths in uk don't attend church but attend pubs, smiley undecided

r u kidding me
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 10:21pm On May 06, 2007
The pub is a far better place to meet people than the church. At least people tend to speak about normal thing and life in general in the pub.

Why bother going to a church to listen to the crazy rantings of a pastor who spends two hours telling us we are sinners and not worthy.

At the pub I go to there is none of that. You can watch the football on the wide screen TV, have a game of darts, drink a nice glass of cider and flirt with some babes. Now that is what I call the church of the future,
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by anusule(m): 10:41pm On May 06, 2007
Reverend:

The pub is a far better place to meet people than the church. At least people tend to speak about normal thing and life in general in the pub.

Why bother going to a church to listen to the crazy rantings of a pastor who spends two hours telling us we are sinners and not worthy.

At the pub I go to there is none of that. You can watch the football on the wide screen TV, have a game of darts, drink a nice glass of cider and flirt with some babes. Now that is what I call the church of the future,

oga reverend,
u don rundown tay-tay.
no be today.
just do me a favour, dont catch HIV
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 10:43pm On May 06, 2007
If you catch HIV the best place to go is to a hospital. The next best place is definitely a pub to drown your sorrows  cheesy cheesy cheesy

The church would be the last place to go if at all undecided OK maybe at your funeral and then only if you are religious  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Going to a pub beats going to a Church any day of the week  wink wink wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by anusule(m): 10:48pm On May 06, 2007
funny
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by tenik: 10:52pm On May 06, 2007
hmmmm, didnt go to church today, slept like a log of wood coz i partied all thru d weekend
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by anusule(m): 10:56pm On May 06, 2007
tenik:

hmmmm, didnt go to church today, slept like a log of wood because i partied all through d weekend

and you are happy.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 10:56pm On May 06, 2007
@Tenik

next time there is a party let me know  grin grin grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by anusule(m): 10:57pm On May 06, 2007
there is a pub close to my house. grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 11:01pm On May 06, 2007
@Anusule

We should meet there and discuss the meaning of life grin grin grin

and play a game of darts, wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by anusule(m): 11:06pm On May 06, 2007
im actually in park lane, there are no dirty pubs around. smiley
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 11:08pm On May 06, 2007
I only go to clean pubs with a lounge bar wink wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by anusule(m): 11:09pm On May 06, 2007
back to topic

'''What Did You Learn At Church Today?''
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 11:12pm On May 06, 2007
That Anusule could be a bit of a lad and an inteligent bloke :-)

That is what i have learnt  cheesy cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by anusule(m): 11:15pm On May 06, 2007
Reverend:

That Anusule could be a bit of a lad and an inteligent lady :-)

That is what i have learnt cheesy cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Horus(m): 7:47pm On May 09, 2007
Since the slave-master is an enemy of the slave, if the slave prays to the same God as the master, he is praying to the God that enabled the slave-master to enslave him. Therefore, that God is the enemy of the slave or captive just as the slave-master is.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by ricadelide(m): 5:05pm On May 14, 2007
Horus:

Since the slave-master is an enemy of the slave, if the slave prays to the same God as the master, he is praying to the God that enabled the slave-master to enslave him. Therefore, that God is the enemy of the slave or captive just as the slave-master is.
flawed logic masquerading as sense. FYI, for a slave that prays to God, assumption being the one is a christian, he has no human enemies; his slave-master is not his enemy but rather his brother (Philemon verse 16). So your flawed logic goes down the drain from your first premise.
Mr, ITK smiley
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 4:26am On May 15, 2007
biko let the uncircumcised philistines leave this beautiful thread!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by toshmann(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2007
babyosisi:

biko let the uncircumcised philistines leave this beautiful thread!

nne, where did you see philistines cheesy na nigerians dey here o.

anyway, today no be sunday, but i was in church last sunday (because my fiancee wont let me rest) despite the rains in cardiff. anyway it was good i joined her in prayers for our marriage cheesy God is great, wether reverend like am or not cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by bdaf(m): 12:44pm On May 16, 2007
1 JOHN 3"16

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo: "I Was Not Paid To Confess, I Will Name My Sponsors In Court" / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / Real Reasons Sacked Lagos Chaplain, Femi Taiwo, Was Fired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.