Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,857 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

What Did You Learn At Church Today? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (41422 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by PoDeep(m): 11:01am On Jun 05, 2007
Well, I learnt this not from church but from morning devotional study(we do it ayday).
Repentance is not just sinnin' & then sayin' "Ah! God forgive me!" and then going back to it and then u keep having to say "God, this is d last time, I won't after this, just this once." but then again u go back to it.
Repentance involves lettin' God help u beat d flesh & STOP ur sinning without goin' back to it, advice is study d Bible & d gospel generally fervently so as to keep u busy from indulgin' in sin.
Nice lesson.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by stimulus(m): 11:14am On Jun 05, 2007
Sweet. cheesy

I've also been helped by the understanding that "repentance is the evidence of a divine relation". If I have a relationship with God by faith in His Son Jesus Christ, I would evidence that relationship by my entire walk and outlook.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by efuah(f): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2007
To worship God in the beauty of His holliness

In truth and in spirit
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Oracle(m): 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2007
[size=30pt]REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND[/size]
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pisces20: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2007
Guys i've got a little problem. sometimes i go to church and come back without hearing even a word of what the preacher said. though this only happens on sundays. what can i do about it?
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by thesilent1(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2007
Guys i've got a little problem. sometimes i go to church and come back without hearing even a word of what the preacher said. though this only happens on sundays. what can i do about it?

are you expecting to hear something from god when you go? or has it just become ritualistic (not a bad thing by the way, just need to be aware of it) cos if that the case, then take a sunday off and spend time on your own at home with God. I am not advocating you stop your church (before some selective readers reply) but like ANY kind of relationship, i know that mundane and repetitive things can get boring so things need change to keep things "alive".

then again, it might be that you just have too much on your mind. LOL

i wish you all the best with this
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by barikade: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2007
@pisces20,

pisces20:

I'll not try and assume that I understand your problem. I can relate to that in the past, where I would come home after a church service and not even remember most of what was preached.

Perhaps, one way I overcame that problem was to challenge myself with what I call, 'a progress chart'. There were a few things I outlined in this 'chart':

Date: _ _ _ _ _

Speaker: _ _ _ _ _

Subject: _ _ _ _ _ _

Scripture: _ _ _ _ _ _

Challenges: _ _ _ _ _

*Nuggets:_ _ _ _ _ _

*(by Nuggets I mean some interesting - perhaps a promise to take to heart, a verse to memorise, an word in Scripture that helps my faith. ,  etc).

You may not have to follow the same 'chart' or outline (as individuals differ). But with those, I also came to the conclusion that I would need to seek out fellowship in a church where my faith could be more challenged. Nothing seriously wrong with my former church, though; but I can be thankful for the church I presently fellowship with.

I'll be praying for you. God bless. smiley
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by thesilent1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2007
unagi!!!!!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by TellyB(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2007
Humility. From the Life of Jesus Himself. grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by bodsibobo(m): 8:43am On Jun 09, 2007

I used to be like that long long time ago when I usedc to have a HANG OVER from Saturday Night!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by barikade: 9:00am On Jun 09, 2007
bodsibobo:

I used to be like that long long time ago when I usedc to have a HANG OVER from Saturday Night!

Hehe. . I'm not sure the guy was speaking in terms of a hangover. grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by TellyB(m): 8:18am On Jun 10, 2007
Another Sunday - and most of us will be in Church.

This morning in my meditations, I was reading 1 Cor. 10:32-33 and it made me reflect on how much I should so appreciate the grace of Jesus Christ. When I think of how many people I might've been offensive to, regardless their religion or worldviews, I can only ask for more grace to live a purposeful life that would be of tremendous benefit to my neighbour - and to glorify God in all things.

See y'all later after worship in Church.

I Cor. 10:32-33 -- Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 10:01am On Jun 10, 2007
That living things, including human beings, have their share of disease and pain and pointless suffering. That if life really had been created by an all-loving and all-powerful god, he (or she) could surely have made a better job of it.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by desodgi(m): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2007
to take the word to tha outermost part of the world. . .
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dinnerm(f): 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2007
about Faith in God when we pray
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by PoDeep(m): 9:43am On Jun 11, 2007
To pray against family/generational curses being passed on to us.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by thesilent1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2007
To pray against family/generational curses being passed on to us.

another nice debatable topic.

That living things, including human beings, have their share of disease and pain and pointless suffering. That if life really had been created by an all-loving and all-powerful god, he (or she) could surely have made a better job of it.

the Rev strikes again
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by nikos: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2007
well folks,this is my first time in the house-hope u r all doing great
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 9ja4eva: 4:56am On Jun 13, 2007
Success without limit
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by ganjaih: 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2007
I learned in Church that I have to do onto other what I wish them to do to me and to have no other God but God, that there is no other way to God but through Jesus Christ
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by efuah(f): 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2007
To be a vessel of honour, pleasing enough for the Master's (God) use.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babe1(f): 3:41am On Jun 14, 2007
Well, it is Wednesday but on sunday i found out from our pastor that we r gonna become a one pastor parish pretty much! My poor pastor.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by AlRaheem(m): 4:05am On Jun 15, 2007
I learned that any tru believer can actually feel free to help God keep his property clean by pickin up all trash around the temple in less than 3min. Instead of waiting on God to blow the wind @ it. Even a passer by should care to do it.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by stimulus(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2007
Al Raheem:

I learned that any tru believer can actually feel free to help God keep his property clean by pickin up all trash around the temple in less than 3min. Instead of waiting on God to blow the wind @ it. Even a passer by should care to do it.

It doesn't have to be around the temple alone. I hope the preacher who told you that was not trying to solicit free labour for his empire! undecided

We should all care for our environment - and that involves and includes every other place as well.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by AlRaheem(m): 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2007
stimulus:

It doesn't have to be around the temple alone.

We should all care for our environment - and that involves and includes every other place as well.
exactly what i was trying to say. No o- no preacher talks or tell people such things. I am the passerby who just sees it like that, Because i do care about God and his property=Life.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by davou4eva(m): 4:37am On Jun 16, 2007
i learnt about helping others and as a source of help to one also
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by stimulus(m): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2007
Another Sunday. Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some is. God bless una! cool
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dreamnaira(m): 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2007
Caption: FALLING AWAY
Bible text: 2Thess 2:1-3,vs 10, 11,& 12.
other Bible texts re; Rom1:28-33. 2Tim3:1-7
finally the sermon was concluded wth the popular vs John3:16-18.
Suen, u can try read these Blble verses they really have message 4 us all today that claimed 2 be christians.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by nossycheek(f): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2007
I learnt that God forgives sin but does not remove the consequences of sin. He can forgive a fornicator or adulterer but if it results in unwanted pregnancy or STD (consequences), it stays.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by AlRaheem(m): 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2007
nossycheek:

I learnt that God forgives sin but does not remove the consequences of sin. He can forgive a fornicator or adulterer but if it results in unwanted pregnancy or STD (consequences), it stays.
So let us stop makin mockery of each other. I don't gain anything from insultin u at all. Can u stop ur assaults on Islam. For us Nossy?
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by greatgeo(m): 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2007
Today message was TITLE:THE CONVANT PLATFORM FOR UNLIMITED SUCCESS.
My bishop made it clear that everything great must have a base of foundation from which it comes from.1st cor2:9
and that ur love for GOD make u outstanding in every area of ur life.that ur stand with GOD determines ur end with GOD.math22:37-40 and said for u to be a success u must love and fear HIM.which is the begining of WISDOM.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by barikade: 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2007
The love of God.

Rom. 5:8 - "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

This love never dies; does not grow weak; is still available to everyone; and is the foundation of our worship in thankfulness to the One who is LOVE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / Real Reasons Sacked Lagos Chaplain, Femi Taiwo, Was Fired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.