Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Are There Professions That Will Make You More Likely To Be An Atheist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Professions That Will Make You More Likely To Be An Atheist? (2621 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Are There Professions That Will Make You More Likely To Be An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 22, 2013
beejaay:
Bros relax cos am not against you,am just asking to broaden ur horizon a little bit.am not a religious person neither am I atheist,agnoist,theist or belong to any group for that matter,I have realised that belonging to a particular is like discarding every other lens. While sticking to only one. And for the record there is nothing like fact in the real sense of the world so there is nothing to be ignorant about. Am also a student of philosophy and philosophy have been more thanb help to me but it doest offer any answer. As a student of philosophy which am sure u are,u should consantly keep an open mind cos u never knw when the open mindedness will be ur greatest help.
So bros am sorry if I av offended in any way trying to ask u to look within and not without, Eistein said "no problem can be solve with the same level of mind that created" which means that once u av arrived at a junction u will need ti move to the next

Yawn. It was an open mind that led me to the conclusion that omniscience and freewill can not exist together.

I logically thought about it, researched and got my answer.

You are the closed minded one here. You didnt follow the steps to your conclusion about omniscience. This is because, you would know that no credible philosopher would look at omniscience and freewill as compatible
Re: Are There Professions That Will Make You More Likely To Be An Atheist? by beejaay: 10:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yawn. It was an open mind that led me to the conclusion that omniscience and freewill can not exist together.

I logically thought about it, researched and got my answer.

You are the closed minded one here. You didnt follow the steps to your conclusion about omniscience. This is because, you would know that no credible philosopher would look at omniscience and freewill as compatible
Bros am ur friend and not ur antagonist or critic, who am I to tell u wat is ryt and wat is wrong(what u shd believe and wat u shouldn't), all I am trying to do is to point to dt which u already know(dt which is already inprinted on our dna).most times we tink we knw something(we tink we av stumbled on some truth). Wen in actually fact we know nothing, no human actually knows anything, watever we tink we knw is nt even up to 1pct of earth knowledge,its our responsibilty to always seek wisdom and be ready to shift ground.wat we tink is evil or bad myt be good afterall( wat is evil or righteousness, good or bad,existence and non existence)we need to move beyound the level of duality,beyound d level of moralitym
So bros I av learnt from u down here and a whole lot of others,we should be awake like the srvant waiting for the arrival of the master else we lose d golden moment
Re: Are There Professions That Will Make You More Likely To Be An Atheist? by beejaay: 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ominiscence=ever presence=no past=no future=no time=wholeness
When we look at tins with the lens of time we lose the essence, the beauty lies in stillness, free from all desire and we can see the hidden mistery(free from past and future and we can enjoy presence and bcome ominiscence)
Ominiscence means no desire,no past and no future therefore no struggle, it means we allow tins to come to us without stopping them and allow tins to leave us with opposing,this is wat omiscence/ominipotent. The real strenght come when we don't strugglen,this wat ominipotent mean

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Sermon Jotters: Who Has The Final Say? {must Read} / Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.