Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly (4705 Views)

How To Get 15mb With N25,and 30mb With N6O On MTN!!! / The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. / Glo Unveils Bounce Tariff: Get 30MB Per Recharge And Call ALL Networks At 12k/s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by Koolmexxi(m): 9:22am On Oct 16, 2013
My own dey browse wella nd na gloflat apn I dey use. Even discovered dey gav me 160mb for recharging twice
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by luluosas(m): 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Koolmexxi: My own dey browse wella nd na gloflat apn I dey use. Even discovered dey gav me 160mb for recharging twice
A neighbour of mine recharged N200 today on his new line and he was credited with 90MB data bonus. Why my luck no dey shine na?
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by luluosas(m): 8:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Koolmexxi: My own dey browse wella nd na gloflat apn I dey use. Even discovered dey gav me 160mb for recharging twice
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by Koolmexxi(m): 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
Recharged today nd I have 230mb now, frm 150 plus.. I'm luving d awoof....
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by Randerl: 9:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Glo .1mb = .100kb

on my 4n
Glo 5mb = 270kb l used.
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by Randerl: 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
Just for the Records.

Despite being the SN0, they still behave like mtn in high costs, act like airtel in bad data connectivity and instead of updating their networks, they hoplessly waste tons of money on advertising like etisalat.

Glo is one of the greatest Telcom fraud ever known to Nigerians and Africans.

And thats a Nigerian company that has never been competitive, with shody CC services. They expect you to stay awake calling their substandard CC. And some guys think the rubbish network is doing them fine by using their airtime to call CC for assistance.

Instead of driving the costs of internet connection down, the Glo-.1 project is just a publicity stunt, a non functional paper work and a complete mirage in the annals of Internet Connection.

If I can get paid for doing a Nice Job, l expect nothing less for the services am paying.

Glo .1mb = .100kb

on my 4n
Glo 5mb = 270kb l used.
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by luluosas(m): 3:39am On Oct 17, 2013
Koolmexxi: Recharged today nd I have 230mb now, frm 150 plus.. I'm luving d awoof....
No tell me say no some tricks you dey use ooooo.
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by Koolmexxi(m): 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
luluosas:
No tell me say no some tricks you dey use ooooo.
At all ooo... wen I first noticed it thought it was probably a ntwrk glitch or something. I neva recharge again sha I'll let u know whether my luck don end.
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by luluosas(m): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2013
Significant Improvements But More Need To Be Done On The GLO Bounce Data Service

Since the resolution of the debacle that once surrounded the free data bonus on the Glo Bounce, there are now some noticeable and significant improvements on the Bounce data service but, there are still more work to be done by Glo to make it more admirable and appreciated by the teeming subscribers/users of the Bounce plan.

For example:
Whenever you place your Bounce Sim card on your phone to browse, you will receive a SMS from 127 telling you that, you are using data at Pay-As-You-Use basis at the rate of 5k/kb or N51/MB. However, this free data bonus on the Bounce plan is not recognised by 127, the Glo Mobile data centre (paid) platform, when you dial *127*0# to check your data balance.
Therefore, Glo should bring this data service of the free Bounce data bonus into 127 fully, so that it can be access through *127*0# just like the free G-BAM data bonus.

Secondly, whenever you exhausts your free Bounce data bonus this time around, Glo will send you a SMS immediately notifying you that you have no more free data bonus on your bonus account. This is indeed a wonderful improvement and a huge departure from the initial setup of the free Glo Bounce data service.
Sadly though, your airtime will now become your sources to browse the Internet, even though you never want this to happen in the first place, as Glo will practically wipe your airtime balance via their exorbitant PAYU charges, after the reception of the SMS notice.

Glo, this is why you MUST BRING THIS FREE BOUNCE INTERNET DATA SERVICE into your 127 data centre now.
Just like the free data bonus on the G-BAM plan that disconnect from the Internet service when exhausted, we want you to also get us (free Bounce data bonus users) disconnected from the Internet immediately after exhausting our free data bonus, instead of you allowing us to continue browsing the Internet at your exorbitant PAYU rate. Should we desire to continue browsing the Internet at all cost, we can make do of your Instant Surf HSI plan of N100 for a 13MB data volume.

Glo, why would you force your exorbitant PAYU Internet tariff on us at a whopping rate of N51 for a miserable, useless and good-for-nothing 1MB data volume?

Glo, we can simply buy a 13MB data volume for N100, than robbing us of our hard earned resources on ordinary 2MB data volume at N102. Haba Glo! This is very very unfair. We are not your slaves for God sake. Stop this daylight robbery now.

Meanwhile, we thank you for being magnanimous enough to offer us a free 30MB data volume on every recharge of N200 and above on the Bounce plan, but please, stop offering us joy with your right hand, while offering us sadness and pain with your left hand at the same time.
Thank you.

MY ADVICE
If you are a Glo Bounce subscriber, especially those using the free data bonus on the Bounce plan for their Internet services, please always keep an eye on your airtime. Whether you receive any SMS notification from Glo or not about your free data bonus, always dial #124*4# to be abreast with the situation of your free Bounce data bonus usage.
Please for your own good, whenever you discover that your remaining data volume is just 1MB, disconnect from the Internet immediately as you may become very sad later, when you discover that all your airtime no matter how much have disappear. This is because Glo may not tell you that, you were using your airtime to browse at the time.
Remember, to be forewarn is to be forearm.
Thank you and God bless.

GLO - UNLIMITED
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 21, 2013
Good points

1 Like

Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by 2sizzlin(m): 8:25am On Nov 01, 2013
They've started giving me 5mb instead of 30. called customer service today, said she couldn't check my line
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
2sizzlin: They've started giving me 5mb instead of 30. called customer service today, said she couldn't check my line

You have been migrated to welcomedback. You are no longer on glo bounce. Dial #100# to confirm your plan. If you still want to get the 30MB, migrate back to bounce.

Note to all. Always check the plan by dialing #100# to confirm you are still on bounce before recharge. Glo has devise means of scamming people
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by 2sizzlin(m): 5:19am On Nov 04, 2013
petaling:

You have been migrated to welcomedback. You are no longer on glo bounce. Dial #100# to confirm your plan. If you still want to get the 30MB, migrate back to bounce.

Note to all. Always check the plan by dialing #100# to confirm you are still on bounce before recharge. Glo has devise means of scamming people

Thanks very much for the information. I was migrated to welcomeback. Lots of things changed, including the tariff . Thanks a lot

Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by majalisa(m): 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2013
Randerl: Just for the Records.

Despite being the SN0, they still behave like mtn in high costs, act like airtel in bad data connectivity and instead of updating their networks, they hoplessly waste tons of money on advertising like etisalat.

Glo is one of the greatest Telcom fraud ever known to Nigerians and Africans.

And thats a Nigerian company that has never been competitive, with shody CC services. They expect you to stay awake calling their substandard CC. And some guys think the rubbish network is doing them fine by using their airtime to call CC for assistance.

Instead of driving the costs of internet connection down, the Glo-.1 project is just a publicity stunt, a non functional paper work and a complete mirage in the annals of Internet Connection.

If I can get paid for doing a Nice Job, l expect nothing less for the services am paying.

Glo .1mb = .100kb

on my 4n
Glo 5mb = 270kb l used.

i have been trying to get glo"s CC for d past two days to no avail..when i managed to get thru whoeva picks plays deaf and transfers my call to anoda deafer CC..by d way y did they migrate me to d welcom bak rubbish from bounce?
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by luluosas(m): 7:43am On Nov 08, 2013
majalisa: i have been trying to get glo"s CC for d past two days to no avail..when i managed to get thru whoeva picks plays deaf and transfers my call to anoda deafer CC..by d way y did they migrate me to d welcom bak rubbish from bounce?
Call 171 though for at N20. Migrate back to Bounce by dialing *170*4#.
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 08, 2013
For the bounce users, I noticed the #124*4# for checking data balance stopped working since yesterday, you can now use #122# instead
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by anthony500(m): 8:03am On Nov 08, 2013
They heard people complaining about the fake 30mb! What did they do next?make it creepily slow!
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by luluosas(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2013
anthony500: They heard people complaining about the fake 30mb! What did they do next?make it creepily slow!
You are not saying the whole truth.
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by anthony500(m): 4:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
luluosas:
You are not saying the whole truth.

I am. Why would i say otherwise?
I am in no way affiliated to any of these robbery-oriented network, rather i speak from experience. I am a frequenter of glo's cut-throat data plans and i can categorically tell you that in my area on the bonce 30mb i get data speeds of not more that 200kb per second (with regular downward fluctuations) while on switching to always day my speed instantly jumps to the normal 900kb/s. This is not an isolated event as i have tried it up to 3 times with both glosecure and gloflat.
Explain!
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by luluosas(m): 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
anthony500:

I am. Why would i say otherwise?
I am in no way affiliated to any of these robbery-oriented network, rather i speak from experience. I am a frequenter of glo's cut-throat data plans and i can categorically tell you that in my area on the bonce 30mb i get data speeds of not more that 200kb per second (with regular downward fluctuations) while on switching to always day my speed instantly jumps to the normal 900kb/s. This is not an isolated event as i have tried it up to 3 times with both glosecure and gloflat.
Explain!
My brother, don't forget that I am using the same free Bounce data bonus.
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by iykofias(m): 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
D only reason I haven't gotten an android fone is because I dnt want to av anytin dat wil associate me wit mb. Tufiakwa!
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by majalisa(m): 12:23am On Nov 09, 2013
iykofias: D only reason I haven't gotten an android fone is because I dnt want to av anytin dat wil associate me wit mb. Tufiakwa!
wetin u carry post this one,breeze?
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by majalisa(m): 12:29am On Nov 09, 2013
luluosas:
Call 171 though for at N20. Migrate back to Bounce by dialing *170*4#.
yeah did dat many tyms and d migration is always successful however anytym i dial #100#,i still gt d same welcomeback disappointment.infact i did å N200 top up just to double check..no 30mb but å miserable 5mb dat doesnt browse apart 4rm deliver my mail
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
I am tired of glo bounce. From all indications, glo is playing games with the free 30MB. Why announce service you know you can't render. Now I can't check data balance using the two methods. How will I know if the data is even credited, you won't even know when they start charging you per kb from your credit. You are also forced to pay for monthly caller tunes even when you successfully unsubscribed from it, you'll get sms another time thanking you for subscribing for caller tune which never subscribed for. No time again with glo. I am porting to MTN 2.5k for 4.5GB.
Finally good bye to glo....
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by Hotdiamond(m): 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
petaling:
I am tired of glo bounce. From all indications, glo is playing games with the free 30MB. Why announce service you know you can't render. Now I can't check data balance using the two methods. How will I know if the data is even credited, you won't even know when they start charging you per kb from your credit. You are also forced to pay for monthly caller tunes even when you successfully unsubscribed from it, you'll get sms another time thanking you for subscribing for caller tune which never subscribed for. No time again with glo. I am porting to MTN 2.5k for 4.5GB.
Finally good bye to glo....
frustration tinz from Glo. lwkm.
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by luluosas(m): 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
majalisa: yeah did dat many tyms and d migration is always successful however anytym i dial #100#,i still gt d same welcomeback disappointment.infact i did å N200 top up just to double check..no 30mb but å miserable 5mb dat doesnt browse apart 4rm deliver my mail
Oh no. Sorry about that brother but, whenever you receive a message from Glo that your migration was successful on the Bounce, it ought to be true. Sorry please.
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by luluosas(m): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
petaling:
I am tired of glo bounce. From all indications, glo is playing games with the free 30MB. Why announce service you know you can't render.
They actually meant well with the introduction of the Bounce plan but, implementation is where the trouble is.
petaling: Now I can't check data balance using the two methods.
You are not alone my brother.
petaling: How will I know if the data is even credited, you won't even know when they start charging you per kb from your credit.
I was very mad with Glo yesterday, as they practically wiped my N200 plus for data. This happened because I couldn't check my data balance nor was I notified when they started eating my money. In fact, Glo is very wicked about this method of collecting people's by trick.
petaling: You are also forced to pay for monthly caller tune
Yes, you are automatically subscribed into caller tune service once you migrated to the Bounce plan but, you can opt out by texting 'unsub' to 7728 at any time.
petaling: even when you successfully unsubscribed from it, you'll get sms another time thanking you for subscribing for caller tune which never subscribed for.
My dear friend, this can only happen when your unsubscription request was never successful.
petaling: No time again with glo.
I can understand but, the free MB is just an added value to the original purpose of the Bounce plan.
petaling: I am porting to MTN 2.5k for 4.5GB.
But your challenges is with the free Bounce data bonus, and never with the Glo network. So, you can reconsider your stand.
petaling: Finally good bye to glo....
Never truly say never because, you don't really knows what lies ahead tomorrow. God bless you.
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by majalisa(m): 12:20am On Nov 12, 2013
luluosas:
Oh no. Sorry about that brother but, whenever you receive a message from Glo that your migration was successful on the Bounce, it ought to be true. Sorry please.
dude am sorry but am calling a spade a spade..went to glo"s service center yesterday and complaint..was told dat I nid to recharge more and frequently use d line for my bounce tariff to stay..otherwise I wuld always get push bak to d welcome rubbish..u culd help me verify pls
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by anthony500(m): 7:13am On Nov 12, 2013
Useless people
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by majalisa(m): 7:38am On Nov 12, 2013
luluosas:
c wat I was telling u..pay attention to d tym interval btw d screen capture and notice dat my last call was to d deaf clueless CC who just kip transfering my calls from one d.aft to anoda Im.becile..even recharged N500 today hoping it myt catch their greedy attention

Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by majalisa(m): 7:58am On Nov 12, 2013
anthony500: Useless people
they r more useless than u think...as soon as I exhaust d N500 I recharged this morning am throwing d sim in my pigeon hole only to b used when I go to a location where glo is a last option
Re: Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly by 2sizzlin(m): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2013
luluosas:
My brother, don't forget that I am using the same free Bounce data bonus.

Bro, bounce isn't always ok.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware Of Bubious Reseller Http://clubkonnect.com--you Pay But They Dont Deliver / What Else Can Be More Beastly Than The Nokia Edge 2017 / This is one of the most Affordable Phones in the market ATM, But is it Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.