Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! (33329 Views)

Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos) / This Ferrari Got Everyone Staring At It In Lagos (photos) / Didi Becomes First Nigerian To Own The N62m Ferrari 458 Italia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by easik: 5:50am On Sep 20, 2013
Great Ride, But why anyone would buy a Ferrari and drive on Lagos roads is still beyond my comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by ukemilia(f): 6:33am On Sep 20, 2013
Omo see car..dis one no b moto!!
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 20, 2013
Nice Ride but I wonder how many Naija car owners respond to recalls by auto makers. Even Ferrari have goofed in tha past and recalled some of their super cars like this one.

See below:

Recall
Wheel-arch adhesive fires

On the 24th August 2010, BBC News reported that ten 458s had either crashed or caught fire in just three months.Ferrari responded later that it was aware of the fire-related cases, and was in the process of investigating them.

On September 1, 2010 Ferrari officially recalled all 1,248 of the 458s sold to date. A spokesman commented that the problem had been traced to adhesive used in the wheel-arch assemblies and that, in certain circumstances, the glue could begin to overheat, smoke and even catch fire. In extreme cases the melting adhesive could lead to the heat shield deforming, and hence moving closer to the exhaust, causing the wheel-arch lining to catch fire. Owners who had reported fires, that were later confirmed by independent engineers to be due to this problem, will now receive a new car. All other cars will be modified replacing the adhesive with mechanical fasteners.
Engine freeze

In 2012, Ferrari recalled certain 2011 and 2012 cars because the engine can freeze suddenly and possibly cause a crash. The F136 engines have crankshafts that were machined incorrectly. The automaker learned of one such incident from a review car lent to critics. Owners can choose from having a new engine installed by their dealer, having the engine removed and the work done by Ferrari North America or having a new crankshaft and bearings installed at the dealership.
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Shagati(m): 11:04am On Sep 20, 2013
Pastor Kun: I know this company; their name is Classic and Dream machines and the workshop is located off Oregun road in Ikeja. They are not your regular "mechanics" as the owner of the workshop is a well trained and talented engineering graduate. I am not surprised he is handling this type of car though.

Yes, Paul's place
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by PastorKun(m): 1:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
Shagati:

Yes, Paul's place

You are very correct. smiley
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by naijathings(m): 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: [size=18pt]By the time dem tamper with this car finish, the owner go know the difference between 6 and Half-a-dozen[/size]
My brother... Na lie you talk.. while working with my former company which specialize in perkins and delphi engines of all sizes and models, I have worked on larger and more expensive ENGINES for which the overhaul fee was always in large millions. and we always fixed the engines with the manufacturer guide book and according to the precision and recomendations of the manufacturers . and in the end, the engine will be back to brand new condition considering wear and tear. But some men/companies look for cheap service and will rather take their engines to roadside people and end up coming back to us.
Forget.. that is a Ferarri and the owner no be idiot to go park his precious ride in a dummy's workshop. abi e be like say you still no know that there we have very capable and able hands right here in Nigeria. wetin com be ferarri wey dem no go fix, maintain, repair, overhaul, service, here in Nigeria.
? [size=16pt]Stop down-grading.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Shagati(m): 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
3ace: Oga Shagati, your name sounds like one of these Italian sport cars. Abi na you be the manufacturer of bugatti veyron?

Not at all. LOL!
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
DrDapcee: By the time your ferrari has headed to a Mechanic shop other than an authorized ferrari outlet ( obviously the one above is not one) then it has become senseless to keep the car. And how would you drive it in the pot hole ridden streets of Nija? If a breakdown occurs, this car would be flat bedded and nkt towed as we know it in nija. Using the car in Nija is a waste of resources. Only good for the obvious show off. My thots only, no hard feelings.

Why don't you leave that to the owners. Isn't it funny that we are quick to judge people who can afford these cars. If the owner can afford the car, then the owner can probably afford to pay "advisors" that are probably smarter than you who can give the owner advise. Whether naija has potholes does not matter. The owner can afford to BUY it and drive it on WATER if the owner likes. PERIOD.

Funny how people who haven't made or seen 1million naira will be advising people that have/own billions.
Maybe Dangote should return his yacht too since the lagoon is not shallow enough. Na over sabi go kill una

4 Likes

Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by PurestBoy(m): 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
Is the Ferrari American or Italian specs?
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by sultaan(m): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
PurestBoy: Is the Ferrari American or Italian specs?

Na Ferrari ma brother, na limited edition, when they make 500 models, you give them what you want body color, interior, racing spec etc then they will build it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Shagati(m): 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2013
sultaan:

Na Ferrari ma brother, na limited edition, when they make 500 models, you give them what you want body color, interior, racing spec etc then they will build it

1000 Likes!
Wasn't sure how to go about providing an answer to the question or its relevance in the first place tongue
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
kenlash1: I guess they wrapped d car so it won't get stained, big boys are NT smiling , wat a beauty

Not to prevent stains. Those covers were fitted to prevent scratches. Think of dirty overalls, oily, with dust. Then imagine leaning against a car's paintwork.
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
Lakayanah: This is what we call mechanic workshop clean wow not the normal papa mufu black engine oil stains everywhere. We are getting somewhere in 9ja.

But that "workshop's" out in the open. Not ideal, if a car's stripped down, can't be moved, and more parts than originally estimated are needed. What happens if the parts are not available for at least a week?
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by petrolhead: 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
A routine service is nothing but an oil and filter change! Anyone with half a brain can do that as long as the parts are available. The owner is obviously aware of this and would have made provisions for this!

As far as recalls are concerned, it is true that the Ferrari 458 has had two major recalls. The recalls only affected a number of cars. This particular was not one of them as issues in question had already been identified before this particular car was built! In any case the owner could have sent the car back to the factory if necessary! Stop acting as if once a car reaches the shores of Nigeria, it's not allowed to leave again!

The bottom line is the owner is not stupid enough to entrust such a machine in the hands of a mechanic he doesn't trust.

As for those of you talking about the state of the roads in Lagos, most of the roads on the island are fine, and no the island isn't too small to enjoy this car in. How big is Monte Carlo? It has one of the highest concentration of supercars per square mile in the world!!!
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by petrolhead: 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
afrokarma: Nice Ride but I wonder how many Naija car owners respond to recalls by auto makers. Even Ferrari have goofed in tha past and recalled some of their super cars like this one.

See below:

Recall
Wheel-arch adhesive fires

On the 24th August 2010, BBC News reported that ten 458s had either crashed or caught fire in just three months.Ferrari responded later that it was aware of the fire-related cases, and was in the process of investigating them.

On September 1, 2010 Ferrari officially recalled all 1,248 of the 458s sold to date. A spokesman commented that the problem had been traced to adhesive used in the wheel-arch assemblies and that, in certain circumstances, the glue could begin to overheat, smoke and even catch fire. In extreme cases the melting adhesive could lead to the heat shield deforming, and hence moving closer to the exhaust, causing the wheel-arch lining to catch fire. Owners who had reported fires, that were later confirmed by independent engineers to be due to this problem, will now receive a new car. All other cars will be modified replacing the adhesive with mechanical fasteners.
Engine freeze

In 2012, Ferrari recalled certain 2011 and 2012 cars because the engine can freeze suddenly and possibly cause a crash. The F136 engines have crankshafts that were machined incorrectly. The automaker learned of one such incident from a review car lent to critics. Owners can choose from having a new engine installed by their dealer, having the engine removed and the work done by Ferrari North America or having a new crankshaft and bearings installed at the dealership.

A routine service is nothing but an oil and filter change! Anyone with half a brain can do that as long as the parts are available. The owner is obviously aware of this and would have made provisions for this!

As far as recalls are concerned, it is true that the Ferrari 458 has had two major recalls. The recalls only affected a number of cars. This particular was not one of them as issues in question had already been identified before this particular car was built! In any case the owner could have sent the car back to the factory if necessary! Stop acting as if once a car reaches the shores of Nigeria, it's not allowed to leave again!

The bottom line is the owner is not stupid enough to entrust such a machine in the hands of a mechanic he doesn't trust.

As for those of you talking about the state of the roads in Lagos, most of the roads on the island are fine, and no the island isn't too small to enjoy this car in. How big is Monte Carlo? It has one of the highest concentration of supercars per square mile in the world!!!
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by petrolhead: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
matalan: Ferrari Italia racing car on a Nigerian road, Lagos for that matter with so many bumps? This is an example of bad choice and waste of STOLEN money. The owner showed the utmost ignorance of the highest order of this day - 19/09/2013!

1 Like

Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by petrolhead: 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
matalan: Ferrari Italia racing car on a Nigerian road, Lagos for that matter with so many bumps? This is an example of bad choice and waste of STOLEN money. The owner showed the utmost ignorance of the highest order of this day - 19/09/2013!

You are obviously not well informed on the topic you chose to talk about. There is a track version of the 458 italia but this is not it! This is a road version.
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by petrolhead: 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
Damojo: The owner must be very razz to be using that foolish Heineken keyholder. Keys like that need no holder mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I think you'll find it's very easy to lose a key that isn't attached to a bunch or a key holder. Furthermore it doubles up as a little flashlight. Kinda handy in the dark! You can't even hide how bitter you are! Razz is when you spew utter nonsense from your mouth without any thought or process!

3 Likes

Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by petrolhead: 8:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
ehizo25: Such cars are not meant for Nigerian roads.

So what cars are meant for Nigerian roads? Do you think the owner has any business taking his car to areas where the roads are bad??
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by petrolhead: 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Siena:

But that "workshop's" out in the open. Not ideal, if a car's stripped down, can't be moved, and more parts than originally estimated are needed. What happens if the parts are not available for at least a week?

You know exactly what is needed before you even pop the lid on the engine compartment! OBD 2!! Educate yourself bro
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Lexusgs430: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
jteku: FERARRI 458 ITALIA in Abuja

Posing by another man's or woman's car is almost a crime!!!
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by sultaan(m): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Posing by another man's or woman's crime is almost a crime!!!

It is possible that is his car but may I suggest the "owner" up grade his wardrobe and exterior to match the car so people don't assume it was borrowed
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Lexusgs430: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
sultaan:

It is possible that is his car but may I suggest the "owner" up grade his wardrobe and exterior to match the car so people don't assume it was borrowed

Hmmmmmm
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Edunwa302(m): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2014
sultaan:

Hahahaha nairalanders una wicked
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by jteku(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
sultaan:

from what i can see the his dressing is worth over a million bucks.....may be u guys dont knw much about clothing.
i think thats the guy sleeping with money as blanket, he's from kenya and i heard he's worth like $3billion and base in Abuja

Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by sultaan(m): 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
jteku:
from what i can see the his dressing is worth over a million bucks.....may be u guys dont knw much about clothing.
i think thats the guy sleeping with money as blanket, he's from kenya and i heard he's worth like $3billion and base in Abuja

Well his dressing at a million shows he was robbed, sleeps like a poor man(yes there is such thing as sleeping like a poor man)

He needs to take some of his blanket to upgrade his living space, get rid of those awful cupboard, stool, wall paint and for petes sake get some man pillows.He might also want to consider moving out of the guard shack.

If anyone drives a Ferrari I can't explain why he owns a $10k chrysler not unless it belongs to the bodyguard or guest

1 Like

Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by jteku(m): 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
sultaan:

Well his dressing at a million shows he was robbed, sleeps like a poor man(yes there is such thing as sleeping like a poor man)

He needs to take some of his blanket to upgrade his living space, get rid of those awful cupboard, stool, wall paint and for petes sake get some man pillows.He might also want to consider moving out of the guard shack.

If anyone drives a Ferrari I can't explain why he owns a $10k chrysler not unless it belongs to the bodyguard or guest
guy watz up with u are we talking of the car or the owner...seem ur jst jelous....Ω̴̩̩̩̥α wa oh
Re: Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
I think you guys need to see that they are more exotic cars here in Nigeria.

http://instagram.com/gidicars

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

11 Die, 8 Injured In Ondo Auto Crash (pictured Of The Vehicles) / How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres / Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.