Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters (4877 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / To My Muslim Brothers: Don't Drink The New Fanta Apple! / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by babs787(m): 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2008
As Salam Alaekun Warahmotullah Wabarakatuh

In the name of Allah the Most Beneficient, the Merciful

I want to use this medium to plead with my brothers and sisters in faith to do away with their threats to Seun's site as these would make Abraham's religion as well as earlier prophets religion right from the time of Adam to that of the last prophet (saw), a violent religion and would still further give the impression that muslims are not tolerant which happened to be against the teaching of my prophet as well as the saying of Allah in the holy Quran. We should not try to repel evil with evil as the Allah frowns at this:

Quran 13:22 "Those who patiently persevere, seeking the countenance of their Lord; establish regular prayers; spend out of (the gifts) We have bestowed for their sustenance, secretly and openly; and turn off evil with good: for such there is the final attainment of the (Eternal) Home."

Quran 23:96 "Repel evil with that which is best: We are Well-acquainted with the things they say."

Quran 41:34 "Nor can goodness and evil be equal.  Repel (evil) with that is better: Then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!."

Quran 28:54 "Twice will they be given their reward, for that they have persevered, that they avert evil with good, and that they spend (in charity) out of what We have given them."

Quran 42:40 "The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah: for (Allah) Loveth not those who do wrong."

Allah also told us in the Quran to:

Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: For thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.  (Quran 16:125)"

We should always defend our religion by preaching and explaining grey area to people that eager to know about the only religion before God and we should avoid transgressing the limit

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors.  (The Noble Quran, 2:190)"

Allah also tell us to show kindness to those that speak ill of our religion:

"God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers.  (The Noble Quran, 60:cool"

Due to limited time, I would stop here to give contributors room to post but would post additional verses and hadiths later.

Maa Salam

2 Likes

Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by mukina2: 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2008
Salaam Babs

Thanks for creating a thread like this

I also want to ask the ones sending such letters to please desist from doing so, Seun is the owner of Nairaland yes but he cannot be held responsible for posts he did not make.

If we continue sending such emails to him threatening his life ,what does that make us?

Its really sad that due to the actions of few inactive ones, everyone gets to suffer.

Please whoever you are, male or female, human or inhuman, i am begging you please to desist from such.

Like Babs quoted Allah and the prophet(Saw) never drove people away,
lets stop implementing the sharia badly. It would end up giving us bad name and will not add much to our already tarnished image.

1 Like

Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by olabowale(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2008
@Babs78 and Mukina2: may Allah the Almighty give you the goodliness of your efforts. We in Islam needs to be reminded of our duties and obligations to the Almighty and His deen. This effort, in the religion extends to beyond the people in Islam itself. It includes animals and all kinds of creatures; nature itself.

Our religion is a reminder to ourselves and one another. Strength is not when you utilizes your power, it is the utility of it at the right time. This include never to use it. If we are not tolerant towards our friends nd those who are not friendly with us, how do we copy the quality of our prophets then? Was it not the prophet who gave general amnesty to the Makkans when he entered it, victoriously. An event predicted before hand in the Qur'an? Was it not based on this that Umar Khattab (Farouq) entered Jerusalem and respected all the people and their religions? was this not the bases of the reminder of Umar to the muslims in a campaign, where he reminded them of their obligation to do good. That Allah may defeat them by the hands of disbelievers if they do not practice justice?

Please let us be just and be merciful to all, if we expect mercy from Allah.

Salaamualaykum, ya Muslim wa Muslima
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by olabowale(m): 12:15am On Jun 23, 2008
Just to emphasis the important of Islamic process of defense, with having to fire a shot, or wilding a sword/machete or even a thread against anynoe: Some of us are familiar withmany websites which are against islam, in the wake of Post 911. A popular one is hosted by a man named Ali Sina.

One would wonder if he hates Islam so much, why retaining Ali as his name any longer? His remaining to be known as Ali provides a window to all of his hypocracy. But I will have to share with all a process which a wise muslim brother has used to challenge him, without been obtruse and offensive in any way. You see, Ali Sina has a challenge that he will give anyone who can provide a proof to dispute his many accusations against Prophet Muhammad. He said he will provide a 50,000 USD winning price to whosoever can prove him wrong and he will shot down his website, too. But he was the one that sets the agenda and determines what "proof," means here. You see he has become the prosecutor, the witness, the judge and the jury. In short no one can win with him.

So our brother wrote him a very effective letter, thought direct, but not accusatorily offensive. In short, he called Ali Sina a liar, without actually utterance of the word. below is the test of the letter:

To: faithfreedom2@gmail.com
Subject: challenge
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 19:57:32 +0000

Wow, just happened onto your website with the $50,000.00 challenge. Man do I need 50K to go to Hajj. That would be sweet. So, I was thinking, how can I defeat this guy. He has everything down to a science. He has even wrapped the Muslims arguments to 2.

Then, I thought, wait, those two arguments are the same once that secularist non-Muslims use. For example, I recall the great atheist mind Richard Dawkins explaining away how atrocities of the past are relative bcause people have a certain tolerance for what they consider atrocities from generation to generation. So, for example, what Hitler did is bad but its relative to what others did before him. So, the war in Iraq might be an atrocity in the general sense but truthfully speaking, its not so because it does not surpass what Hitler and the use of smart bombs etc. So it does not rub us the wrong way as say the use of gas chambers. Anyway, I then thought against using that approach because it gets us nowhere.

Now, as for debate I finally realized that Mr. Sina can never be defeated because of the standard that he has set for the debate. First I have never seen proof that this 50K exists, so I assume it does not, and Mr. Sina can always simply resort to saying "you have not proven me wrong" even if he was. See, its simply an exercise in futility. How do you defeat a man whose arguments are based solely on his own opinion of the facts and not on some generally accepted standard. There is no set standard by which to even judge this useless and utterly wasteful and tired debate. I dont even know if you ever were a Muslim, as you claim. Possibly a trick. I know it sounds like ad hominen but how much more ad hominen is it than the attacks against the Prophet. I know, I know, silly Muslims are complaining and not answering the question. Perhaps then you should answer my challenge.

I will give you $50K if you can prove that any of the allegations you claim against the prophet is correct. I will give you one year to do it and I promise you will be unable to defeat me. Even if I offer you $50,000.00, which I am doing right now.

I will be waiting.

Mustapha. unquote. (Ya Mustapha, may Allah accept this effort of yours. And count you among the true believers. Amin).

Now this is a very effective way to put someone in reality check, without ever being offensive. For the burden of proof is upon the accuser. I do hope that we take some wisdom from Islam, a religion that is not just merely the 5 tenets. But the first tenet Laa ilaha ilallah consist many level of over 70. The list of it is taking obsticles off the pathway, etc in order that no one or creation is harmed by it.
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by babs787(m): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2008

Treatment of Non-Muslims

"He who believes in God and the Last Day should honour his guest, should not harm his neighbour, should speak good or keep quiet." (Bukhari, Muslim)

"Whoever hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state hurts me, and he who hurts me annoys God." (Bukhari)

"He who hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state, I am his adversary, and I shall be his adversary on the Day of a Judgement." (Bukhari)

"Beware on the Day of Judgement; I shall myself be complainant against him who wrongs a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state or lays on him a responsibility greater than he can bear or deprives him of anything that belongs to him." (Al-Mawardi)

"Anyone who kills a Non-Muslim who had become our ally will not smell the fragrance of Paradise." (Bukhari)
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by babs787(m): 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2008
Islam against Religious Extremism and Fanaticism.

Religious Extremism:

Islam is religion of moderation. Holy Qur'an defines Muslims as the well -balanced middle nation model for others (2:143) and advised them not to follow extremism in religious interpretation from Quran(4:171, 5:77, 22:78). The Holy Prophet warned Muslims: "Beware of Extremism in your religion as people before you were destroyed themselves because of their extremism", "Do not be hard upon yourself in your opinion in the matter of faith", " Always choose easy way in your religious way on matters of faith. Certainly religion is easy" (Collection of sayings of the Holy Prophet by Ahmed, Nisai, Al-Hakim and Ibne Maja).

In my humble opinion Islam believes in a civil Society based on rule of law, anyone who creates chaos (Fitna or Fasad) in the society through terror can be treated as harabi (waging war against the society) and should be brought to justice accordingly by legal process. Islam and terrorism are contradictory terms opposed to each other. Islam condemns and rejects all forms of terror, killing without due process of law, injustice, corruption, tyranny and oppression. There is no justification for the usage of terms such as 'Islamic terrorists'.

One of the distinctive features of the present world is the overwhelming presence of violence in our societies. The nature of indiscriminate and senseless violence is considered one of the prime threats to the world peace and security. The modern age has developed ingenious ways of inflicting violence upon people. I must make it clear that Islam upholds sanctity of human life as paramount, as the Holy Quran declares that killing one innocent human being is like killing the entire human race (5:32, 6:151, 17:33), like other faiths. Islam considers human life as sacred as the first and foremost basic right of a human being given by God is the right to live in peace and tranquility. However, taking a criminal's life by the state in order to administer justice is allowed in Islam as it upholds the rule of law, and helps maintains peace and security in the society. Only a proper and competent authority (i.e court of law) can decide whether an individual has forfeited his right to life by disregarding the right to life and peace of other human beings. The accused must be given full facilities under the law 'the right of defence'. Extra judicial killings are strictly prohibited in Islam.

Religious Fanaticism

First of all, what is fanaticism? It is a much used and abused term, not merely by contemporary writers and speakers. The exploitation of this term rather goes back deep into history. It has been not only used to silence opponents but also has been used to dub different religious as protagonists of violence. It is one of those terms that have always been used by different groups of people to suit their ends.

There are three basic points that are to be kept in view.

Firstly, I would treat as a fanatic one who is not open to reason, who is not prepared to think and argue, who instead of the logic of argument would employ the arbitrary use of authority.

Secondly, the problem of violence is very central to what fanaticism is. Using the means, methods and techniques that create disorder, disaffection and violence can be called an integral part of the fanaticism. Mere use of force is not violence. Even a policeman uses force but this is not violence unless he transgresses certain limits.

Thirdly, Very fundamental to fanaticism is the violating of those values, which have been accepted by humanity as its fundamental code of behaviour - respecting the difference, the rule of law, principles of natural and social justice.

Double standards

To stand for one's conviction is not fanaticism. To believe in certain values, to live for them, to work for them, to strive for them is not fanaticism. We are living in a strange world of double standards, 'double thought' and 'double talk'. If a Muslim works for Islam this is fanaticism. If a democrat goes to the extent of saying, as not one but many intellectuals have said, that those who want to change the democratic system through democratic means are rebels this is not considered fanaticism?

Idealism and Fanaticism confused

Conviction and bigotry is not the same thing. A man with a conviction also believes, but he believes on the basis of reason and argument and he is prepared to argue out his case. A bigot is not prepared to listen to anything that goes against his views.

It is unfortunate that some writers and even top scholars have been in the habit of confusing these two and they have been calling our idealism, fanaticism, and calling the word fanaticism, idealism. Many writers have been accusing Islam of being fanatic, or being intolerant, of being a religion propagated by the sword and so on. The fact is that the history of inquisitions of the last centuries shows that hundreds of thousands of people were prosecuted simply for holding opinions that did not conform to the view of the religious authorities. Jews suffered for simply being Jews in the last century. I do not believe that any religious teachings teach hatred or violence.

A different outlook

In Islamic history you will find an outlook of a different nature. When the Romans conquered any country, the first thing they would do is mass massacre. When the Muslims entered any country, they would give guarantees of life, property and honour to all the non-belligerents. Even in war a Muslims are not allowed to kill an old person, a woman, and a child, those who are crippled or disabled. Not only that, even trees are not to be cut and crops are not to be burnt. The entire Islamic history does not know of the concept of mass massacre.

I draw your attention to look to the actions of the Holy Prophet of Islam when he entered Makkah as victor. Everyone was offered complete amnesty. When Caliph Umar entered Jerusalem he was not even prepared to pray in a Church for fear that those who came after him may treat the place as a mosque and take it away from the Christians. But when the Crusaders there took the city of Jerusalem was total massacre of the population. What happened in Spain? Not a single Muslim or Jew was left unexecuted or un-exiled. It was the same in Sicily where all the mosques were demolished. Even in the last century the same practice was adopted in Bosnia, Kosovo and Chechnya and many other parts of the world. There is also the example of Greece where the entire Muslim population was either eliminated or driven out, and in parts of the Balkans where Muslims were in a clear majority, not only their position of power was annulled; in some cases their physical existence was not tolerated.

Throughout the entire history of Islam you cannot find one single example of any Inquisition or mass murder or massacre. And may I add that if there had been any instance of law suppression or doing injustice in Muslim history, this had arisen from those who believed in so called liberalism or modernism and the object of oppression had been those who stood for the orthodox, pristine, unadulterated and unchanged teachings of Islam. The examples can be multiplied beyond number. The entire study of T. W. Arnold on "The Preaching of Islam" is a document from one of the leading orientalists saying that Muslims definitely have certain commitments.

Diversity recognised, appreciated and celebrated

Islam presents the concept that all human beings are equal and we are equal because we are all creatures of God with no distinctions of colour, race or country, or tribe or clan or anything else. One would find that fanaticism is generated in the last analysis either from any of these false prejudices, when you try to group humanity into certain watertight compartments. One cannot change the colour of his skin; one cannot change his place of birth. If one believes in any of these standards, then rational fusion of the human race is not possible and you become intolerant towards others.

In Islam, the rational fusion is possible for whatever tribe You come from, from whatever race you come, whatever colour you may have, whatever territory You might be born in, whatever language you speak, you are one, you can be one. You belong to one race the human race, the one family the human family. You belong to one brotherhood. Diversity among fellow human beings must be recognised, appreciated and valued in all aspects of life. The majority community is always judged the way it treats its minority community.

Ends cannot justify means

Another point is that Islam is very unique and firm in asserting that the ends cannot justify the means. A source from where fanaticism and intolerance have most often come is the mistaken belief that ends justify means. This means that to achieve even good ends you could resort to evil means. The principle that Islam has enunciated is that :

"Good and bad are not equal. Replace evil by good". (Holy Qur'an 41:34)

If you fight falsehood with falsehood it is falsehood that prevails. If you replace vice with vice, it is vice which triumphs. If you change evil by evil, it is evil which is victorious. Islam says that evil is to be eliminated by good. If you pursue this technique then only you would be able to fill the earth with goodness, and justice, and peace and fellow feeling. Islam has struck at the roots of fanaticism. If you reflect upon the system that Islam has given, you would find that fanaticism has no place in it but idealism is the lifeblood of it. In the Qur'an it has been mentioned that the mission for which this Muslim nation has been created is that you call people to goodness. As far as the wrong (munkar) is concerned, you are permitted to eliminate it. But as far as the truth and virtue (ma'ruf) is concerned, it is not to be enforced by power.

You can very easily see that Islam has clearly discriminated between idealism and fanaticism. It has done everything to generate in us real idealism, noble idealism, virtuous idealism, and to protect us from the evil influences of fanaticism. The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) has said that Islam is a religion of the middle path.

The Qur'an has called the Muslim nation 'Ummat al-Wusta', the people of the middle and model nation, the people who maintain balance and equilibrium in all their affairs. Adhering to idealism, protecting and avoiding the extremes of fanaticism - this is the middle path and it is this path which Islam invites to all humanity. Through Education, diplomacy, Dialogue and firmness Muslims are urged to deal with extremism and fanaticism in the world.

Roots of Extremism and Fanaticism.

There are Muslims who claim to be religious but try to impose their views over others by force or violence. They forget that Islamic teaching advocates the fundamental principle to respect for individual freedom of conscience and belief. Islam believes that freedom of belief is a basic God given right to all human beings. Extremism and Fanaticism is alien to Islam. However there are a few verses of the Holy Quran, which have been interpreted in such a way that some Muslim may take a view to impose their views over others. For example The Holy Quran commands Muslim to live and rule their lives according to the revelled message of God. If any Muslim does not decide according to the Holy Quran then he is not only wrongdoer, a rebel, disobedient but a non-believer also (5:44- 47). These verses were interpreted by some that if a Muslim ruler has completely abandon the Islamic Law then it is legitimate to disobey him and change him by force. They also believe that, as Islam does not make any distinction between communities of believers and the Islamic State - because the State is simply a political arm to establish common good, it is important that Islamic Law must be established within Islamic societies. Due to their political ends they establish effective ways to promote their views by every means available to them.

In my opinion, fanaticism, terrorism and extremism are symptom of a problem, not the actual cause. In order to combat and eradicate these evils totally our long-term goal should be to eliminate the underlying social and political causes which breed them. Paralleling our actions against terrorism, we must have equally vigorous efforts to enhance freedom, human dignity, justice and humanitarian values. Some of the possible factors behind the violent terrorist’s acts may include:

1) Hatred and prejudice
2) Fear and powerlessness
3) Occupation and domination
4) Injustice and suffering
5) Corruption and greed
6) Oppression and Control
7) Dictatorship and total authority
cool Debt, poverty and hunger
9) Frustration and helplessness
10) Dislike of inclusive Society

Allah halam. May Allah guide us to that which is right and forbid us from evils
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by javalove(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2008
The thing is that how are we sure it is Muslims that are sending letters to Seun. Allah knows best sha but lets also behave ourselves and be tolerant. We all know non muslims are lost and what they want is for us to join them. May Allah continue to guide us and admit us all into Al-Janat Firdaous (Amin)
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by Mustay(m): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2008
Asalam alaykun waramotullahi warabakatuhu babs787,

I just arrived from the jum'ah prayer when I was told the news of your loss. May Allah strengthen you.

[size=18pt]
أعظم الله أجرك ، وأحسن عزاءك ، وغفر لميّتك [/size]
May God make your reward great, ease your pain, and forgive the deceased.

I remember the dead ones during my salat and your deceased is no exception but since you are the great Nairaland Islam for Muslims' scholar wink I would like to remind you of Islam's teachings on this:

Loved ones and relatives are to observe a 3-day mourning period. Mourning is observed in Islam by increased devotion, receiving visitors and condolences, and avoiding decorative clothing and jewelry. Widows observe an extended mourning period (iddah), 4 months and 10 days long, in accordance with the Qur'an 2:234. During this time, she is not to remarry, move from her home, or wear decorative clothing or jewelry.

When one dies, everything in this earthly life is left behind, and there are no more opportunities to perform acts of righteousness and faith. The Prophet Muhammad once said that there are three things, however, which may continue to benefit a person after death: charity given during life which continues to help others, [size=18pt]knowledge from which people continue to benefit[/size], and a righteous child who prays for him or her.

The practices of some people nowadays, such as gathering for condolences, setting up tents, spreading carpets, and incurring a lot of expenses out of arrogance and show off are all despicable innovations that are forbidden and must be avoided, especially when most of these acts are contradictory to the teachings of the Qur'an and sunnah and are vestiges of pre-Islamic customs of jahiliyyah. Some of these innovations are reciting the Qur'an in a melodic fashion and disregarding the rules of proper recitation, or not keeping silent when listening to the Qur' an or indulging in smoking or such other activities. And this is not all. Some of these slaves of their desires indulge in extreme innovation. They are not satisfied with the days originally prescribed by Islam, but designate Wednesday as the day to renew these abominations and to indulge in these innovations. They celebrate the anniversary of death on the first day and observe remembrance on the second day, and do other such other things without any justification by either text or reason.

[size=15pt]

إنّ لله ما أخذ، ولله ما أعطى ، ولكل شيء أجل مسمّى ، فلتصبر ولتحتسب.[/size]
"To God belongs what he took, and to him belongs what he gave, and he has set for everything an appointed time. So have patience and seek reward."
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by javaprince(m): 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2008
@Mustay
Please I need you to tell me what tools you used to type those Arabic words, thx
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by Mustay(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2008
This site is quite useful wink
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by mukina2: 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2008
Babs sad

From Allah we came to him we shall return cry

may ur Dad rest in peace cry please take heart kiss kiss
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by javalove(m): 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2008
my main point is how r we sure its muslims that are sending seun death threats. if i may request that the moderators contact seun and post the emails dey sent him, lets all disect. the muslim forum aint that large and we almost know ourselves.

while, i m totally against the act, i just dont want brothers or sisters being accussed, its not impossible that its non-muslims that r sending him d letters.

my 2cents
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by Mustay(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2008
java

Babs lost someone dear to him
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by javalove(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2008
"Ina Lilahi Wa Ina Ilehi Rajiun"

May Allah grant him Janat and give the family the strength to carry on with life.
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by babs787(m): 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2008
salam all

I appreciate your brotherly and sisterly support and prayers. May Allah be with you all. (Amin). I feel so much appreciated and on top of the world for having brothers and sisters like you all cheesy cheesy.

Maa Salam and I will die as a Muslim and be buried as one.
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by AbuZola3(m): 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2010
If he is a muslim may Allah grant Jannatul firdaus and his ailment an act of kaffara, amin, coz i learnt babz accepted Islam.
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by Jarus(m): 8:49am On Jan 07, 2010
Ina lilahi wa inna ilaehi rajiun. . . just reading Babs' loss of dear one, even though it's been almost two years now.
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by Bashbaba(m): 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2010
@babs

May Allah 4gives him of his mistakes and provide for you a better replacement.
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by babs787(m): 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2010
Salam All

Amin amin amin amin amin amin amin amin amin amin  grin

Thank you thank you thank you kiss for your brotherly and sisterly support

Still loading, would soon be back with full force cheesy
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by AbuZola3(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2010
We are expecting u soon
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by GODSON2009(m): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2010
i have no comment concerning this thread but mr poster please dont include abraham's name in your religion we beg you.
we christians have consistently pleaded with you to look for other validations for your religion and prophet mohammad,why is it that you always like to use our bible na by force?
as for sending threatening letters to the owner of the site,i am hardly suprised as several antecedents all over the world have shown the muslims up for what they are, no amounts of threats ,violence and killings will muffle the truth that your religion is a bunch of confusion upon confusion over a bed of falsehood
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by muhsin(m): 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2010
^^^ Is it by force you must comment on every threads posted by Muslims? grin

Abraham's name is mentioned in the noble Qur'an in many verses and chapters. His name there is Ibrahim. If you really wanna us to quit associating him with our religion, which he's even its father, go edit those names in all the Qur'ans in this world. And if you can't please say no more on that. smiley
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by helperzz(m): 7:59am On Mar 05, 2010
@babs jazakumulahu hairan, this is a very good reminder but i wish to raise an issue on fanaticism which i will want every muslim to note.In all history of islam we found no root of fanaticism and therefore fanaticism does not exist in islam.It was was coined by non-muslims for various purposes.The only term which has base is 'heretics' that means those who added foreign beliefs and practices to their dinn.I do not conform to the idea that some people,even scholar preach against the so-called 'religious fanaticism' because it does not in any way apply to islam.The use of the term even by contemporary scholars to refer to some muslims is not only derogatory but helping the kufar by confirming their hypothesis that fanaticism really exists in islam.In all history of islam there are only two conflicting parties.The ahlu - sunnah(those who stood behind the message brought by the prophet) and heretics(a band of people who decided to add various fetish practice to the religion for various earthly gains).Fanaticism does not apply to islam.Ma asalam
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by ayettymama(f): 11:36am On Mar 11, 2010
Is it not abrahams fault we have to live with these people

if he had waited on God and not slept with haggai like his impatient wife suggested

the world would indeed be a peaceful place!!- but godson leave them alone!!!!

neways what i wanted to say was the dude above me is full of shanazzle grin grin grin

yes this is positive- so now what the poster needs to do is start a movement and preach across all mosques in naija

go on

I DARE YOU!!!LOLZ
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by nopuqeater: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2010
ayettymama blamed the father of faith [isaac, jacob or jesus, is not the father of faith. faith the more important element that a human an have in order to receive the Mercy of God, Who is One, not three]; do you think that God Almighty will let His Friend to the sin of adultery, with or without the suggestion of his impatient [blaming Sarah; ayettymama is on the loose] wife?
i hope you do know that adultery is illegal sexual act? Adam did not perform it. i am sure you dont like performing illegal sexual act, though your faith is a filthy rag compared to the father of the father of faith. so how can you come to the conclusion to even assume that there was any improper sexual misconduct by father Ibrahim (as).

anti, you need more than Jesus in your filthy sins of uttering blasphemy against the frienf of God. will it not occur to your sense of reasoning that ibrahim (as) was married to Hajar, as a second wife, afterall, he married even a third wife? why not call the third wife an illegal sexual partner, too, a fling in today's lingo?

i am sure that it is the prejudice stemming from xenophobia that is making you and the rest of christendom and judaism think that an egyptian princess cant be a wife of an assyrian/babylonian nobility (ur was present iraq city state, and not a hebrew, a society he later migrated to; hopefully the yoruba people in america dont begin to claim germanic, or english bloodline)?

i laugh at you in herbew, you blasphemer. hope you know that the plan of God, you do not know it as well as God knows it
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by ayettymama(f): 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2010
and all i see is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!!

abraham was certainly not the father of ur faith!!

u need to find urs to thefront!!
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by muhsin(m): 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2010
^^^ Thats your deduction. . . Hold it up to yourself.
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by nuclearboy(m): 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Christians:

The OP here should be commended for his post and us coming here formenting trouble is not right when this thread is about wanting peace.

Abraham was Ishmael's father whatever we think of Ishmael

My 2 cents O
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by ayettymama(f): 8:24am On Apr 02, 2010
yes^^ and its unfortunate

guess thats why he had to put em on a camel packin

or was it a horse??- hu cares

*shrugs*
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by tunji370: 11:59am On Apr 05, 2010
asallam alaykum, am happy to find this site,pls note that no matter what our actions are as muslims ,there will always be pple wit contrary opinion and actions.pls can someone kindly send to me soft copies of Hadiths of the Prophet[SAW] and history of the live of Prophet[SAW].ma salm. tunji370@yahoo.com
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by nadiamalik: 8:05pm On May 03, 2010
Bisimillahi Rahmanu Rahim!!

- March 2002, Mecca Saudi Arabia. 15 girls were burnt to death because Saudi religious police (Mutaween) beat and prevented them from leaving a burning building as they weren’t wearing Abaya – the unsightly tent-like black garment Muslim girls/women compelled to wear in that backward Sharia country.

- April 1994, Gujranwala Pakistan. Hafiz Sajjad Tariq, a devout Muslim accidentally dropped a copy of the Koran in a fireplace. Local Mullahs instantly issued a Fatwa of apostasy and he was attacked by an irate mob stoned then burnt to death.

- Oct 2008, Kismayo Somalia. Before 1000 spectators, Aisha Duhulow, a 13 year old gang-rape victim was buried up to her neck and stoned to death by Al-Shabaab (Somalia’s Sharia Islamists) for indulging in extra-marital sex. Her rapists went scot free.

- United States Commission on International Religious Freedom reports that Sharia courts in Pakistan and Bangladesh flogged or imprisoned thousands of raped Muslim girls and women. Three out four women in Pakistani prisons are rape victims…as rape is equated with fornication under Sharia law.

- April 2009, Sindh Pakistan. 18 Hindu girls were abducted and forcibly converted to Islam. Their Hindu parents were then forbidden to see or talk to their “Muslim” daughters.

- International Religious Freedom report (2005-2009), Helsinki Commission Report (2006) and Human Rights Watch Report (2007/ 2009) all condemn numerous cases of abduction, forced Islamization and marriage of Coptic Christian girls in Egypt.

- October 2009, Mogadishu. Somalia’s Al-Shabaab Islamists ban push-up bras because they are “deceptive”. UK’s Daily Mail reports that women who appeared to have firm busts were rounded up and “inspected” to see if the firmness was natural.

- Dec 2007, Mississauga Ontario, Canada. 16 year old Aqsa Parvez was strangled by her Pakistani father for not wearing Hijab – the hideous head/neck-covering Muslim women are obliged to wear.

- July 2006; UN Population Fund estimates 5000 honor killing annually, most which occur in Muslim countries. Pakistan leads the Islamic world with over 1000 honor killings annually.

- May 2009, Gloucester UK: 42 year old Muslim chemist, Sahnoun Daifallah was convicted of contaminating goods sold to non-Muslims with his own faeces and urine.

- May 2009, Khalapur India. Amandeep Banwait, a14-year-old Hindu schoolboy was murdered for befriending a Muslim girl.

- November 2007, Khartoum Sudan. Gillian Gibbons, 54 year old English teacher was sentenced to 40 lashes of flogging because her Muslim primary pupils named the class teddy bear “Mohammed”. Islamic clerics and thousands of protesting Muslims wielding knives & clubs denounced the “lenient verdict” and demanded for her execution.

- April 2010, Shueba Yemen. Elham Assi, 13 year old child bride bled to death after being raped by her paedophile “husband”. Islamic paedophillia is grounded in “Prophet” Mohammed’s sexual assault of 9 year old Aisha, his favourite “wife” - Sahih Bukhari 7:62:64, 88; 5:55:236.

- April 2010, Toronto Canada. Federal Immigration officials complain about Muslims smuggling in child brides from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran.

- April 2010, Abuja Nigeria. In accordance with the Quranic injunction allowing Muslim men to discard older wives and replace them with new ones (Q 4:20), 50 year old Muslim Senator, Ahmed Sani Yerima divorces his 15 year old 2nd of 4 wives in other to “marry” a 13 year old child. In Nigeria’s Islamist north, thousands of underage child-wives are abandoned by their paedophile husbands when these little girls develop VVF (vesico-vaginal fistula) and dribble urine - a complication of obstructed labour during underage child birth.

- March 2002, Abuja Nigeria. Muslims in our National Assembly blocked ratification of the UN convention against child marriages, wife beating and gender discrimination, on the grounds that the provisions of the treaty were contrary to Islam. Accordingly, eleven Islamist northern states refuse to endorse Nigeria’s Child Right’s Act 2003, which among other provisions bans marriage to child brides.

- 2005, Njamena Chad. Muslim clerics blocked a law banning wife-beating, describing the legislation as unIslamic (Q 4:34).

- May 2009, Prestwick UK. Muslim dentist, Omer Butt refuses to treat women not wearing the Hijab.

- December 2009 Saudi Arabia. Khamisa Mohammed Sawadi, a 75 year old granny was sentenced to 40 lashes of flogging because she kindly accommodated two homeless young men.

- February 2010, Peshawar Pakistan. Taliban beheads 3 Sikhs for refusing to convert to Islam.

- UK 2007. Female Muslim medical students in Leicester, Sheffield and Birmingham Universities refuse to wash their wrists and forearms in accordance with Department of Health guidelines to prevent MRSA infection. Dr Abdul Katme of UK’s Islamic Medical Association, explains it is unIslamic for women to bare their arms below the elbow.

- November 2009, Fort Hood Texas, USA. After distributing free copies of Quran, US Army Major Nidal Hassan embarks on shooting spree as he shouted Allahu Akbar; killing 13 and wounding 30 of his fellow American soldiers.

- Since 9/11 there has been over 10,000 Islamic terrorist acts globally, and Muslims are the major victims, although attacks against non-Muslims often more sensational.

- February 2009, Kabul Afghanistan. An Afghan court sentences 2 Afghans (Ghows Zalmay, Qari Ahmad) to 20 years imprisonment for translating the Quran from the Arabic to Dari, a supposedly inferior local language. The prosecutor and Mullahs in that Islamist backwater actually wanted the translators executed.

- April 2009, Kalkilya West bank. Palestinian Authority officials discover Hamas bomb factory inside a mosque. If Israel had attacked the mosque, it would have been a propaganda coup for the protagonists of media-hyped “Israeli atrocities” against “innocent” Palestinians.

- May 2007, Cairo Egypt. Sheik Ezzat Atiya, president of Hadith department at Al-Azhar University - Sunni Islam’s most authoritative think tank - issues a fatwa instructing females in mixed gender workplace to breastfeed their unrelated male adult co-workers so that it becomes Islamically permissible for them to work together. The fatwa was in accordance with a Hadith directive from none other than Islam’s founder – Mohammed (Sahih Muslim 8:3425).

- January 2009, Saudi Arabia. Hamoud Saleh Al-Amri, a Saudi Christian convert was arrested, but international outrage compelled his release, only after being declared mentally unstable. Apparently no sane person can leave Islam. If he were sane, he would have to be executed for apostasy.

- March 2010, Saudi Arabia. Ali Sabat, a Lebanese Muslim pilgrim was sentenced to death by beheading for the offence of “witchcraft”, because he did what our own pastors TB Joshua and Tunji Bakare regularly do here in Naija – make predict the future. In November 2007, Mustafa Ibrahim, an Egyptian working in Saudi Arabia was similarly beheaded for sorcery.

- July 2009, Islamabad Pakistan. Pakistani military uncovers Taliban scheme for buying children used as expendable suicide bombers. The price was $7000 -10,000/child.

- March 2009, Samira Jassim, 51 year old Iraqi woman recruited female suicide bombers by first orchestrating their rape, and then convincing the raped ladies the family shame can only be cleansed by martyrdom.

- March 2009 Kabul Afghanistan. Afghan Supreme Court upholds 20-year jail term for blasphemy handed to 28 year old Afghan journalist Sayed Kambakhsh because he campaigned for gender equality. "If a Muslim man can have 4 wives, why shouldn't a wife have 4 husbands?" he blasphemed on his internet blog.

- March 2009, 300 Afghan women protesting a new Islamic law legitimizing rape in marriage were stoned by Muslim men chanting “death to slaves of the Christians”.

- February 2009, Pakistan. Dawn News reports that Taliban in Pakistan’s Swat valley announced that families with unmarried females should come forward in mosques so that the women/girls be compulsorily married off. In accordance with the wicked Fatwa, the Taliban publicly lashed a 17 year-old girl who she refused to marry a Taliban soldier.

- March 2010, Hawalli governorate, Kuwait. A Muslim Kuwaiti woman was arrested and charged because she broke Ramadan fast by chewing gum. Queried by her law enforcement captors, she responded that she was simply exercising her personal freedom – a concept clearly alien to Islam.

- Irving Texas, January 1st 2008; Amina (18) and her sister Sarah (17) Said were gunned down by their father, Yaser Abdel Said for having non-Muslim boyfriends.

- November 2006, Riaz Ahmed, a British immigrant from Pakistan, burned his whole family alive (his wife, 39, and their four daughters, 3-16 years of age) for their Western lifestyle and his wife’s refusal of arranged Islamic marriages for their daughters.

- October 1991, Kano Nigeria. Simon Ibrahim, former Muslim turned pastor was attacked by rioting Muslim mob, beaten, castrated and his right eye gouged out then left to die.

- November 2009, Mallawi Egypt. Mina Emad Shoyeb, a 23-year-old Coptic Christian was attacked by a Muslim mob for patronizing a Muslim brothel.
Re: My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters by juicygirl: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2010
Bismillah, alhamdulillah, all praises due to Allah and may Allah increase the honor of Prophet Muhammad and protect our nation from any harm.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Etiquette Of Visiting The Sick / Why Is The Quran In Reported Speeches ? / Jesus Vs Muhammad Using The Bible And The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.