Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (438890 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Idrismusty97(m): 11:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
tonardo: Have been away, back to the matter..
This p5 back light is killing eyes.
Even at the minimum it's still bright
Have gotten another tinted screen guard..
Activate Auto mode in brightness menu.its better
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dazekid(m): 12:01am On Oct 19, 2013
directonpc:
All android phones sometimes lag well except you want tell us say p5 100% lag free

your post is just dumb,,,I asked if he has ever used a p5 coz only a person who has can give an opinion about it lagging or not...he uses a p2 and said p5 lags sometimes as if he owns the phone...

4 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by matilda02(f): 12:19am On Oct 19, 2013
sm1 shud ansa me oooo
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Idrismusty97(m): 12:29am On Oct 19, 2013
matilda02: sm1 shud ansa me oooo
For this night?.Go sleep joor!
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by matilda02(f): 1:10am On Oct 19, 2013
Idrismusty97: For this night?.Go sleep joor!
. shey Ur name is sm1 ni

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by knoxx: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2013
I'll lik to buy my first android p5 today. Where can i get the best price in ikeja.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wizzyblast(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2013
Oliversamuel: p5 lags sometimes

That's a lie. It doesn't. You don't even own a p5... you use gionee p2... and you say it lags sometimes as if you've been using it. Lol. tongue

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Idrismusty97(m): 9:11am On Oct 19, 2013
wizzyblast:

That's a lie. It doesn't. You don't even own a p5... you use gionee p2... and you say it lags sometimes as if you've been using it. Lol. tongue
I have been using P5 for long now.I can say it s lags only when i am posting very long post in nairaland.But even my samsung do the same.Maybe its a general problem.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wizzyblast(m): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2013
Idrismusty97: I have been using P5 for long now.I can say it s lags only when i am posting very long post in nairaland.But even my samsung do the same.Maybe its a general problem.

Lol. I wonder why mine doesn't. Anyways yes: 512mb ram sometimes lags..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Idrismusty97(m): 9:39am On Oct 19, 2013
wizzyblast:

Lol. I wonder why mine doesn't. Anyways yes: 512mb ram sometimes lags..
Try reaching your limits of words in nairaland,it will start lagging. It only happens in nairaland.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Elxandre(m): 11:39am On Oct 19, 2013
wizzyblast:

I used this phone for a few minutes last month in church..and the first thing i noticed was that it lags.. even the homescreen elements were sometimes not loading instanteously. but thats nothing to pose a problem, especially for a 512mb ram phone..
I could say it lags, but peeps who havent seen higher specs phone will say its buttery smooth..
anyway i need someone who's not biased to tell me if this phone or Gp2 has decent browsing speed on edge network. in comparision to older devices like the m3, p3 et al..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
Elxandre:
I used this phone for a few minutes last month in church..and the first thing i noticed was that it lags.. even the homescreen elements were sometimes not loading instanteously. but thats nothing to pose a problem, especially for a 512mb ram phone..
I could say it lags, but peeps who havent seen higher specs phone will say its buttery smooth..
anyway i need someone who's not biased to tell me if this phone or Gp2 has decent browsing speed on edge network. in comparision to older devices like the m3, p3 et al..
guy i always browse with edge netwk nd it is decent,i only use 3.75g only when i wanna download,gp2 is gud.. i dnt hv the time to start dragging wt pple over phones, they shud cm bk when they r old enough,i operate my friend's p5 so as he does to my p2 steady. so i speak frm experience

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by SaintOzone: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
Add me on d p5 whatsapp grp 07039707301
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Skseries: 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
First i must say this is my first time posting on NL i juz had to clear this up a little. Am nt a fan of any brand, am juz a lover of gud tins, if there was a 9ja phone that runs on 4.2 jb android trust me i dnt care wot the name is as long as it cn last me 2years plus and cheap am buying. That said i happen to cum across the p5 yesterday and trust me if any1 is sayin the phone is nt gud, the person must av a personal beef.,. Am gonna be sincere with you.
1st the phones comes with 1.3ghz dual core. Apparently tecno wrote 1.0ghz dual core on the phone pack so that cause sum mix up. Bt it is actualy 1.3ghz. 2ndly the phone runs on 512mb ram and i see no reason to complain abt that, cus i run apps as much as i want and theres no hanging or lagging. 3rd the screen is nt just sensitive it is super sensitive i bearly had to touch b4 it respond. It respons to d slightest touch
4th the camera. Am nt gonna say the camera is super gud compare to the likes of sonyericcson samsung and so on trust me p5 camera is no match, but if u arnt a camera crazy user then u wil b cool wit it, actualy it has a 5mp bck and 2.0 front. i didnt get to test the flash so am nt gonna talk abt it.
5th. If u are tinking abt graphics, the intaface.operations speakers trust me they are of standard, speaker sounds very gud like any big branded phone. Its 4.0inch as was said.
And yes the ba3. Hmmmm we all knw android runs heavily and ba3 power is nt juz a problem wit tecno. Is same basically wit every brand. On a heavy usuage i mean gamin browsing music and so on the back last at least 7hr and tops 10hr. Bt on standby i mean juz a few use it cud go for 3days without charging.
Finally . A new brand tecno in a box comes with, a charger wit usb, headset, a transparent plastic pouch, the phone already comes with a screen guide on the screen, so no need for buyn again and the gud part it comes with a 8gb mmc. So remember to ask for that. U are entitled to get it..
Price last i bought at alaba just 15.500naira.

5 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by solomonbrown64: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
Skseries: First i must say this is my first time posting on NL i juz had to clear this up a little. Am nt a fan of any brand, am juz a lover of gud tins, if there was a 9ja phone that runs on 4.2 jb android trust me i dnt care wot the name is as long as it cn last me 2years plus and cheap am buying. That said i happen to cum across the p5 yesterday and trust me if any1 is sayin the phone is nt gud, the person must av a personal beef.,. Am gonna be sincere with you.
1st the phones comes with 1.3ghz dual core. Apparently tecno wrote 1.0ghz dual core on the phone pack so that cause sum mix up. Bt it is actualy 1.3ghz. 2ndly the phone runs on 512mb ram and i see no reason to complain abt that, cus i run apps as much as i want and theres no hanging or lagging. 3rd the screen is nt just sensitive it is super sensitive i bearly had to touch b4 it respond. It respons to d slightest touch
4th the camera. Am nt gonna say the camera is super gud compare to the likes of sonyericcson samsung and so on trust me p5 camera is no match, but if u arnt a camera crazy user then u wil b cool wit it, actualy it has a 5mp bck and 2.0 front. i didnt get to test the flash so am nt gonna talk abt it.
5th. If u are tinking abt graphics, the intaface.operations speakers trust me they are of standard, speaker sounds very gud like any big branded phone. Its 4.0inch as was said.
And yes the ba3. Hmmmm we all knw android runs heavily and ba3 power is nt juz a problem wit tecno. Is same basically wit every brand. On a heavy usuage i mean gamin browsing music and so on the back last at least 7hr and tops 10hr. Bt on standby i mean juz a few use it cud go for 3days without charging.
Finally . A new brand tecno in a box comes with, a charger wit usb, headset, a transparent plastic pouch, the phone already comes with a screen guide on the screen, so no need for buyn again and the gud part it comes with a 8gb mmc. So remember to ask for that. U are entitled to get it..

u r on pt.......broda
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by evergreen247: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
Skseries: First i must say this is my first time posting on NL i juz had to clear this up a little. Am nt a fan of any brand, am juz a lover of gud tins, if there was a 9ja phone that runs on 4.2 jb android trust me i dnt care wot the name is as long as it cn last me 2years plus and cheap am buying. That said i happen to cum across the p5 yesterday and trust me if any1 is sayin the phone is nt gud, the person must av a personal beef.,. Am gonna be sincere with you.
Guy did you read posts b4 posting, Everybody is aware what just posted.
Btw I thought you will bring two or three rivals as case maybe & compare Nokia 3110 is wow to 1110. Sorry!
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by harden(m): 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
hw good is dis fone nd can it play games lyk
asphalt 8
nfs mw
gta vice city
mc4
and psp games smoothly
nd hw is d ba3
n can d ram b increased eith ram expander to lyk 1gb bcus mehn d fone its alot of ram dats y am asking all dis
tp5 users n with scrren shot plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by victorix(m): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
i must get dis phone on monday.changed ma mind 4rm p2 bcus of it scarcity.hope d p5 is not scare too o.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Skseries: 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
Now the issue with gp2 and p5. This have been going on for a while. Am gonna point out some few things and u get to decide on choice.
(note am only writing this for those ppl out there that are stil confused abt the two phone. Cus i was like them last week and i made my decision base on some fact) so am nt gonna be biased.
Av neva used a gp2 b4 bt based on the specs. Both phones are 512 and 1.3ghz so theoreticaly the two phones shud run the same way. The issue of gp2 being custom os and p5 being original os hmmm is hard to judge considering i avnt use a gp2 b4, theres a possibility that gp2 designed their os to run perfectly wit their phone hardware meaning a gud interaction between os and hardward, if thats the case then there shudnt be any downside at all, cus the os wnt run faster than hardware and vice versa bt then we shud also look at the scenario where by the custom os is nt up to d standard of the original google android meaning there cud be draw back ( for those computer geeks like me, we cud relate this to the original microsolf windows xp and the customised windos xp unlimited u wil agree that theres a complete difference even tho they are bt xp)
P5 we all know tecno is nt a starndard phone as compare to mr sam an bros htc an co, u cud imagine a standard android os running on an unstandard hardware, certainly there wil be little downside to the operation bt then again the more tecno makes phone the more they correct their mistakes and to my knowlege p5 is a current phone.
The issue of ba3 gp2 is 1700 p5 is 1800 do the math urslf( mind u they both cud run on the same level) so to me that ba3 spec is irrelevant. Same goes wit the front camera. Bt every normal person wil take a 2mp over 0.3mp. Bt it depends on wot u wnt in ur phone..
The issue of OTA update dnt let any1 decieve u, neither phone has ota.. Ota update is the responsibility of the phone maker, either phone maker cud wake up 2mao and decide to make an update for the two phone. Bt currently the two phones doesnt have update. Bt then again gionee once made an update for one of their phone (mind u it wasnt an os or firmware update rather a bug correction update i tink it was elife o so, u cud google and c urslf)
Finally. Trust me it too me lost of time to decide bt gp2 and p5. Cus basicaly bt are d same. Base of specs and price gp2 has cheaper price than p5 (gp2 14k p5 15.5k) but p5 have a little better specs than gp2( higher front camera and ba3 capapcity) bt then i bought p5 why? Lolz this is why.. Tecno have been in nigeria 4 ages sure there isnt anybody in 9ja that avnt heard of tecno. I didnt know of gionee till last month, same with sum of us. (if we were to relate this to computer tecno is like hp and gionee is like gigabyte lolz sure some wil ask wots gigabyte juz a laptop brand name) so imagine a case where a p5 and gp2 gets faulty, or screen broken, i which wil i get to fix faster? I know a tecno office in ikeja bt i dnt knw a gionee office, as a tecnician we gain experience from tins we repair frequently, am sure a road side phone engineer av repaired more tecno phone than he has to geonee in his life time, i thought abt the case where i cud get either phone brick, which rom will i get quickly, i barely see a gp2 in a week, unlick p5. Forget abt the fact that gp2 is known outside 9ja, beside we all are nigerians. Same for screen, its a complete touch after all so i shud lay more emphasis on screen. Cus screen brk is a high possibility, so which wil be faster to fix and also cheaper. So considering all this i chose p5. Jeez my fingers hurt already.lolzzzz. Like i said am nt a fan of brand, i juz spend my money wisely, trust me i see no reason i shud by a samsung of 90k when i cn get a phone of more than half of its specs 4 less than half its price. And yes am a fan of os.. Use to b nokia's symbian bt now android hehe. Speaking of os and phones. Have u guys head of the new fire fox os its actually and android base os by firefox. Called 'fire 3.0'. And a nigerian phone to release nxt month (we all know is made in china coupled in 9ja hehe)

3 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Skseries: 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
evergreen247: Guy did you read posts b4 posting, Everybody is aware what just posted.
Btw I thought you will bring two or three rivals as case maybe & compare Nokia 3110 is wow to 1110. Sorry!
read the thread from beginning to the end and trust me i stil had. Problem abt decision and am sure some are stil confused. I had to decide based on my own reasons theres too much contradiction on this particular thread, infact everywhere onlyn. So pardon me if rewriting my rubish comments got u angry. Obviously i wrote it 4 ppl who cared to know. Like i said its my first time writn on NL. I dnt write on threads cus i hate arguments, i face facts am nt much of a talker. So to tell u am nt gona b replying u if u batch me again....... Its a free world my broda. We all cn say wot we like. . Peace

2 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by evergreen247: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
Skseries: read the thread from beginning to the end and trust me i stil had. Problem abt decision and am sure some are stil confused. I had to decide based on my own reasons theres too much contradiction on this particular thread, infact everywhere onlyn. So pardon me if rewriting my rubish comments got u angry. Obviously i wrote it 4 ppl who cared to know. Like i said its my first time writn on NL. I dnt write on threads cus i hate arguments, i face facts am nt much of a talker. So to tell u am nt gona b replying u if u batch me again....... Its a free world my broda. We all cn say wot we like. . Peace
sorry if I offended you! I post becos u said "clear things up" which means it is between two or more Bt I didn't see dat thanks as u have corrected by ur second post.
Btw comparison is best when you handle both phones becos paper spec is nt trustworthy especially these ones.
Thanks
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by SWG1: 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
matilda02: Pls,my whatsapp has bin tellin me 2adjust my date and time n its correct,bt it still tells me 2
Uninstall and download a recent version
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by felix55(m): 5:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
Tecno p5 lag because of d 512 ram thou s a nice phone n stylish too...i play alot of games so i use ram expander to give my self 1gb ram additional to run all my games...so if urs lag, just know s because of d ram ok....
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by harden(m): 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
felix55: Tecno p5 lag because of d 512 ram thou s a nice phone n stylish too...i play alot of games so i use ram expander to give my self 1gb ram additional to run all my games...so if urs lag, just know s because of d ram ok....
hw did u increase it and plz post a screen sjot lets see plz,am nt doubting u jst want to see it
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wizzyblast(m): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
Skseries: Now the issue with gp2 and p5. This have been going on for a while. Am gonna point out some few things and u get to decide on choice.

Both phones are 512 and 1.3ghz so theoreticaly the two phones shud run the same way.

The issue of OTA update dnt let any1 decieve u, neither phone has ota.. Ota update is the responsibility of the phone maker, either phone maker cud wake up 2mao and decide to make an update for the two phone. Bt currently the two phones doesnt have update. Bt then again gionee once made an update for one of their phone (mind u it wasnt an os or firmware update rather a bug correction update i tink it was elife o so, u cud google and c urslf)

Finally. Trust me it too me lost of time to decide bt gp2 and p5. Cus basicaly bt are d same. Base of specs and price gp2 has cheaper price than p5 (gp2 14k p5 15.5k) but p5 have a little better specs than gp2( higher front camera and ba3 capapcity)

lolzzzz. Like i said am nt a fan of brand, i juz spend my money wisely, trust me i see no reason i shud by a samsung of 90k when i cn get a phone of more than half of its specs 4 less than half its price. And yes am a fan of os.. Use to b nokia's symbian bt now android hehe. Speaking of os and phones. Have u guys head of the new fire fox os its actually and android base os by firefox. Called 'fire 3.0'. And a nigerian phone to release nxt month (we all know is made in china coupled in 9ja hehe)

♪hmm
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by harden(m): 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
harden: hw did u increase it and plz post a screen sjot lets see plz,am nt doubting u jst want to see it
plz sum1 shud ansa na oga fillex abeg i dey wait
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Youngpo413: 7:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
warrenweste:

Lol Abk simply means abeokuta not abraka

not Abraka or Abeoukuta,it means ABAK!
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Youngpo413: 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
kalfloxy:
Talk2nanro, pls I need the code too. 08037347529. Thanks

*440*018#
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by adoptop70: 8:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
matilda02: Pls,my whatsapp has bin tellin me 2adjust my date and time n its correct,bt it still tells me 2
U av to uninstall and download another one.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by jharzwill: 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
Guyz due to d fact dah tecno p5 has 512mb ram how many h.d games can b downloaded on it without any lags..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by seunlayi(m): 11:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
victorix: i must get dis phone on monday.changed ma mind 4rm p2 bcus of it scarcity.hope d p5 is not scare too o.
moreover, consider when P2 has problem, who will repair it compared to tecno

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (186) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / 2go (system Version) Download / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.