Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (438998 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Elxandre(m): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2013
Oliversamuel: guy i always browse with edge netwk nd it is decent,i only use 3.75g only when i wanna download,gp2 is gud.. i dnt hv the time to start dragging wt pple over phones, they shud cm bk when they r old enough,i operate my friend's p5 so as he does to my p2 steady. so i speak frm experience
In comparision to p5?
guy have you tried using edge too on p5?
cos this p2 is scarce, so one may end up with P5
pls do reply..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by tonardo(m): 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
How I expand my p5 ram to 1gb
It's a app called RAM EXPANDER.
What this app does is using part of your sd card as ram.
What you need
1 . memory sd card class 10
2. The app (ROEHSOFT RAM EXPANDER) 10USD from play store, I got my from torrent
3. And your device P5.
4. Root access.
Note; This was tested on Tecno P 5

Working for me..
Am not responsible for any brick device, so you got to know what you are doing...
Screen shot coming soon..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
tonardo: How I expand my p5 ram to 1gb
What you need
3. And your device P5.
4. Root access.

Working for me..
Am not responsible for any brick device, so you got to know what you are doing...
From what I know Ram and rom are very different. No way to expand your ram with your rom. Ever wondered why laptops with 1tb HDD do not come with upto even 50GB ram? Any app that is lying to you that you can expand ram from MMC is Jonsing you all you may end up with is virtual memory which is too slow for a 1gz processor to fetch data from. But if you want expand ram true true get screw driver and soldering iron when you are ready tell me. I go guide you.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by toniotonero(m): 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
plZ how can I mk calls & check balance on SIM2 P5 kind of confused ??
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
directonpc:
From what I know Ram and rom are very different. No way to expand your ram with your rom. Ever wondered why laptops with 1tb HDD do not come with upto even 50GB ram? Any app that is lying to you that you can expand ram from MMC is Jonsing you all you may end up with is virtual memory which is too slow for a 1gz processor to fetch data from. But if you want expand ram true true get screw driver and soldering iron when you are ready tell me. I go guide you.

Well, you're right about the RAM and ROM thing... it's actually called Swapping, and it's done temporarily for stuffs like gaming etc... See the Diff between both images.

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Elxandre:
In comparision to p5?
guy have you tried using edge too on p5?
cos this p2 is scarce, so one may end up with P5
pls do reply..
p2 is faster than p5 on edge network too, but nokia e5 or 6730 is faster than both p2 and p5 on edge netwk
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Misterlecturer: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
We might luv Tecno because of what dey doing good but dat shouldn't alw stop us 4rm saying d truth concerning how d fone works. I use P5 & I can tell U it lags sometimes which is normal for a fone with 512mb RAM. What pisses me off is d screen sensitivity. It sometimes takes more than one touch to respond.

5 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
@dragnet, pls, how was my post insultive? undecided

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Barbar2ndey: 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
Guyz please whatz d current price of tecno p5
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wisdomray: 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
tonardo: How I expand my p5 ram to 1gb
What you need
3. And your device P5.
4. Root access.

Working for me..
guy please share the link for the ram expander
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Cashrill(m): 8:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pls can I play hd games lyk gta iv, pes on ds fone
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wizzyblast(m): 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
directonpc:

Lol. This is true. You can't expand your ram. You can only manage it. Finally directonpc... lol
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dragnet: 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Judinho59: @dragnet, pls, how was my post insultive? undecided
you quoted an abusive post.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
wizzyblast:

Lol. This is true. You can't expand your ram. You can only manage it. Finally directonpc... lol
512mb ram will run like butter on gingerbread. Let's hope android 4.4 fix this too much system resources eating in 4.x I have a laptop with 512mb ram and ran fine. The processor is even single core an 800mhz so I think android 4.x was poorly implemented
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
Misterlecturer: We might luv Tecno because of what dey doing good but dat shouldn't alw stop us 4rm saying d truth concerning how d fone works. I use P5 & I can tell U it lags sometimes which is normal for a fone with 512mb RAM. What pisses me off is d screen sensitivity. It sometimes takes more than one touch to respond.
DONT MIND PEOPLE LIE BECAUSE OF SIMPLE PHONE
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 11:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
directonpc:
LMAO
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dragnet: 12:06am On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by flawless911(m): 6:38am On Oct 21, 2013
evergreen247: Guy did you read posts b4 posting, Everybody is aware what just posted.
Btw I thought you will bring two or three rivals as case maybe & compare Nokia 3110 is wow to 1110. Sorry!
Dis post is just pointless
I'm tiyad of N̶̲̥̅̊α̣̣̥iraland
I'm just tiyad cry
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by watzz: 6:47am On Oct 21, 2013
Skseries: First i must say this is my first time posting on NL i juz had to clear this up a little. Am nt a fan of any brand, am juz a lover of gud tins, if there was a 9ja phone that runs on 4.2 jb android trust me i dnt care wot the name is as long as it cn last me 2years plus and cheap am buying. That said i happen to cum across the p5 yesterday and trust me if any1 is sayin the phone is nt gud, the person must av a personal beef.,. Am gonna be sincere with you.
1st the phones comes with 1.3ghz dual core. Apparently tecno wrote 1.0ghz dual core on the phone pack so that cause sum mix up. Bt it is actualy 1.3ghz. 2ndly the phone runs on 512mb ram and i see no reason to complain abt that, cus i run apps as much as i want and theres no hanging or lagging. 3rd the screen is nt just sensitive it is super sensitive i bearly had to touch b4 it respond. It respons to d slightest touch
4th the camera. Am nt gonna say the camera is super gud compare to the likes of sonyericcson samsung and so on trust me p5 camera is no match, but if u arnt a camera crazy user then u wil b cool wit it, actualy it has a 5mp bck and 2.0 front. i didnt get to test the flash so am nt gonna talk abt it.
5th. If u are tinking abt graphics, the intaface.operations speakers trust me they are of standard, speaker sounds very gud like any big branded phone. Its 4.0inch as was said.
And yes the ba3. Hmmmm we all knw android runs heavily and ba3 power is nt juz a problem wit tecno. Is same basically wit every brand. On a heavy usuage i mean gamin browsing music and so on the back last at least 7hr and tops 10hr. Bt on standby i mean juz a few use it cud go for 3days without charging.
Finally . A new brand tecno in a box comes with, a charger wit usb, headset, a transparent plastic pouch, the phone already comes with a screen guide on the screen, so no need for buyn again and the gud part it comes with a 8gb mmc. So remember to ask for that. U are entitled to get it..
Price last i bought at alaba just 15.500naira.
... u v spoken well, av bin usin my P5 since 1st of oct n c no reason 4 d condemnatn. d flash is 1 of d bst eva fone flash d@ i av come across, d only prob wit d fone is d 3G ntwrk. d camera aint ncouragn xpecially d front camera.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by victorix(m): 8:25am On Oct 21, 2013
seunlayi: moreover, consider when P2 has problem, who will repair it compared to tecno
thats truth sha,i also thought of dat.

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by edrys(m): 8:35am On Oct 21, 2013
Can someone help me with d link of how to root p5 without PC, or better still explain how I can root with framaroot. Tnx.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Neduzze5(m): 9:11am On Oct 21, 2013
edrys: Can someone help me with d link of how to root p5 without PC, or better still explain how I can root with framaroot. Tnx.

Download Framaroot 1.6.0
Choose Install Super Su
Click on Bromir
It will tell you to reboot your device if it's successful.
Reboot your device
If you see Super Su after putting on the device, know that it was successful
Or download root checker from g.play.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by edrys(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
Neduzze5:

Download Framaroot 1.6.0
Choose Install Super Su
Click on Bromir
It will tell you to reboot your device if it's successful.
Reboot your device
If you see Super Su after putting on the device, know that it was successful
Or download root checker from g.play.
Tnx
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Solaz: 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
How to switch on led indicator light
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kalfloxy(f): 4:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
Somebody help! I'm a first time adroid user. I turned on my phone (tecno P5) now n saw d android image lying down with a red triangle, with '
Android System recovery [3e[
*reboot system now
* apply update frm ADB
*apply update from sdcard
*apply update from cache
*wipe data/factory reset
*wipe cache partition
*backup user data
*restore user data
Please, someone shld tell me what to do bcus I dnt knw what these mean.
The phone isn't rooted. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
kalfloxy: Somebody help! I'm a first time adroid user. I turned on my phone (tecno P5) now n saw d android image lying down with a red triangle, with '
Android System recovery [3e[
*reboot system now
* apply update frm ADB
*apply update from sdcard
*apply update from cache
*wipe data/factory reset
*wipe cache partition
*backup user data
*restore user data
Please, someone shld tell me what to do bcus I dnt knw what these mean.
The phone isn't rooted. Thanks in anticipation.
that's because you combined power button + vol up.. Just use the volume down button and select restart system... Then use the vol up to select it.. That's all..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by kalfloxy(f): 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
lilkudos:
that's because you combined power button + vol up.. Just use the volume down button and select restart system... Then use the vol up to select it.. That's all..

Thnx dear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (186) (Reply)

2go (system Version) Download / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.