Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured (24503 Views)

Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd / Boko Haram Attacks Niamey Prison In Niger Republic, 4 Dead / Heavy Shooting At Buguma In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by simplyOJ(m): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
curtain: Sovereign National Conference tinz. The earlier the better, even the senators are not safe anymore, too much talk no action.
It is not targeted at the Senators or Honorable Members. The victims are our brothers from the North who normally take refuge at any available uncompleted buildings within the city center. The "hit" is probably to rid them off from that uncompleted building.
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by abacrested(f): 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
This is why nothing gud Wil come out from the. North,take it or u leave it,al this is geared towards heating up the polity towards 2015.my only regret is Amechi who has abandoned his people to associate With this wrong men.believe it or not,nigerians are becoming educated and politically concious.we all know the truth. Only God knows who will be president of naija come 2015 jst like wen OBJ,YA. And GEJ cos nobody ever thought they wil emerge from nowhere.Amechi And co should stop this fight cos it will never lead them to Aso rock
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by unongu(m): 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
georgecso: Gunmen dressed in Nigerian army uniforms struck at the Abuja Legislative quarters at about 2.30am today, shooting sporadically, witnesses said.
Witnesses claimed four people were dead while six others were injured.
The Nigerian Police is just arriving at the scene and evacuating people.
Witnesses also claimed that some identity cards of the alleged "soldiers" (gunmen) were found at the scene.

...More details soon.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/5961-breaking-news-shootings-at-abuja-legislative-quarters-4-dead-more-injured

Uniformed Gunmen Kill Eight Squatters In Army General's Abuja Home

Tragedy struck in the early hours of today as unknown gunmen in army uniform opened fire and killed eight occupants of an uncompleted building in Apo Legislative quarters Abuja.

Eyewitnesses said the incident occurred occurred around 3.00am in an uncompleted building owned by an army general.
The building was being occupied illegally by truck pushers, scavengers and water vendors known as 'mai ruwa.'

According to the eyewitness, "those people living inside the building have been told to vacate the building on the orders of the Army General who owned the house but they refused to leave, but it was unfortunate to see some men in army uniform come in the midnight and open fire on these innocent people . I personally counted eight dead bodies this morning with in the pool of their blood,I saw bullets every where in the building .".

Saharareporters could not authoritatively confirm if the people who carried out the shooting are Nigerian soldiers but An insider who pleaded anonymity said that the dastardly act might have been carried out by the owner of the building. Also, the name of the Army General could not be ascertain as at the time of this report.

Meanwhile the scene of the incident has been condoned off by the men of State Security Service (SSS), soldiers and police.

The police public relations officer in Abuja, DSP Altine Daniel, told SaharaReporters confirmed the shooting but said they have no further information information about those responsible for the killings, stating that investigations has begun on the matter.

SOURCE: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/uniformed-gunmen-kill-eight-squatters-army-generals-abuja-home
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by obyrich(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
Imanuelle: You found ID cards?

I smell a set up
Exactly what I think.
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by tchigofigo(m): 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
chai! I pity 4 pple wey dre face dey doze i.d cards.,our clueless police go use dm shine..pure set up
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by joannessam: 1:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
RIP to the death
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by tchigofigo(m): 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
simplyOJ:
It is not targeted at the Senators or Honorable Members. The victims are our brothers from the North who normally take refuge at any available uncompleted buildings within the city center. The "hit" is probably to rid them off from that uncompleted building.
u dnt think d army general wil send his boys in uniform to do dat.,do u? its obvious an enemy got wind of d situation n took full advantage to Bleep d general up..aw else wld u xplain d dropped I.D cards?
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Frankenstein: 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
Lilimax: Awusa abatakwa Awka?
2015 is in God's hand...
Baba God protect and save your children. Amen.
What has Awka got to do with this story?
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Mcfemad(m): 1:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
Now this news is from saharareporters and we all believed it and agree its real; if its Anti-jonathan news, some will say its sahara-lies and its fake. Nigerians! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by madnigerian: 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
A better wayof dealing with the squatters......

1.Call the police.
2.Get a court order evacuating them.
3.Get them prosecuted for trespassing
4.Get the town authorities to provide housing for them.
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by madnigerian: 1:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE....

UPDATE: SSS CONFIRMS ABUJA SHOOTINGS(Daily trust at....http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/5961-breaking-news-shootings-at-abuja-legislative-quarters-4-dead-more-injured)

Category: News Published on Friday, 20 September 2013 07:07 Written by Abubakar Ibrahim and Ronald Mutum Hits: 21623
A press release signed by the spokesperson of the State Security Service, Marilyn Ogar following shootings at the Apo Legislative Quarters has said, " in the early hours of today 20th September, 2013, about 0030 hours, a combined security team went for an operation behind the Apo legislative quarters."
"The operation was sequel to information obtained from two (2) Boko Haram elements Kamal ABDULLAHI and Mohammed ADAMU, who had earlier been arrested for terrorist activities. They led the security team to uncompleted buildings where arms were purported to have been buried underground."
Ogar said, "No sooner had the team commenced digging for the arms, than they came under heavy gunfire attack by other Boko Haram elements within the area, which prompted immediate response from the security team. As a result, some persons were injured and twelve (12) others have been arrested in connection with the incident, and are making useful statements."
According to the release, "Normalcy has returned to the area. Members of the public are advised to go about their normal businesses, as appropriate security measures have been emplaced to ensure the safety of citizens in the FCT.
"We want to reiterate the need for all Nigerians to be vigilant of their immediate environment and promptly report suspicious activities to security agencies. Our National security must remain the collective responsibility of all Nigerians," she added.
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Itydee(m): 1:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
[b][/b]
mad nigerian: A better wayof dealing with the squatters......

1.Call the police.
2.Get a court order evacuating them.
3.Get them prosecuted for trespassing
4.Get the town authorities to provide housing for them.
who is mpre nogerian than the squatters? Who has more rigth than the other? Why use federal money to build stupendous edifice for some and allow others to live in a ject squalor? Who deserves better treatment than another in this country? kiss embarassed
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Licensed2Kill(m): 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
creativino:

Bye Bye!! and please don't come back when we fix these insurgencies.
not in forever mate. . .
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ds may b carried out by Nigeria Angry youth but let boko haram hear ds now they will claim it............
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by madnigerian: 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ity dee: [b][/b]who is mpre nogerian than the squatters? Who has more rigth than the other? Why use federal money to build stupendous edifice for some and allow others to live in a ject squalor? Who deserves better treatment than another in this country? kiss embarassed

I agree with you....however, you would agree that living in an uncompleted building is not exactly good either. It could collapse for instance, and it is not very safe.

Time for a law providing for social housing.

And as a Christian.......we Nigerian Christians (and Muslims) should build cheap hostels for people in that stuation to stay in. After all we have moneybags in our churches and mosques....time they did something useful with that cash!
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Akpaife(m): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Nigeria is an insecured state and a haven for terrorists.
Terrorists get away with their crimes in Nigeria. They are never defeated. SMH.
I wonder how the state of this natiion would be like by May 2015.
I fear! This insecurity thang in Nigeria gets worse just day by day.
Relax when may 2015 reach 1st we go no
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Larryfly: is this an extension of the fight on Tuesday? and why are military uniform easily assesible? can this be the time tinz end?
For once i guess am givin da nods for da endtimetinz,cos its high time its endtimetinz to this Flora Shaw Lugard faulty foundationed (mis)conception n mere misplaced geogra(gragra)phical expression full of strange n confused,myopic bedfellows n dogs in other peoples mangers.. SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE..
cos theres no point flogging a dying horse..
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Randerl: 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
my advice to all da posters here, go and chk the link of da OP. there is an update. it was a planned operation againrt bh.
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Randerl: 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
let me be blunt, Some Parts of ABUJA is NO MORE SAFE Again
Randerl: my advice to all da posters here, go and chk the link of da OP. there is an update. it was a planned operation againrt bh.
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Katier00(f): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
tchigofigo:
u dnt think d army general wil send his boys in uniform to do dat.,do u? its obvious an enemy got wind of d situation n took full advantage to Bleep d general up..aw else wld u xplain d dropped I.D cards?
thank you, u hv said it all
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by naptu2: 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
[size=14pt]Nigeria's 'Boko Haram': Abuja sees security forces targeted[/size]

20 September 2013 Last updated at 15:02

A cell of suspected Islamist militants has opened fire on security forces in Nigeria's capital Abuja, say officials.

The clash occurred at about 03:00 local time after a tip off about the location of a suspected Boko Haram weapons cache, Nigeria's spy agency said.

The State Security Service did not give any details about casualties. A witness told the BBC he saw nine bodies.

Boko Haram is most active in north-eastern Nigeria, where a state of emergency was imposed in May.

If confirmed, it would be the first time Boko Haram has staged an attack in Abuja this year.

Attacks in the north-east have increased recently despite a massive military deployment to the worst-affected areas.

In the latest incident in Borno state, officials said at least 87 people had been killed by militants, who disguised themselves in military uniforms at a checkpoint outside the town of Benisheik. They shot dead those trying to flee.

The group wants to create an Islamic state across Nigeria and has waged a deadly insurgency since 2009.

'Digging for arms'

The BBC's Mohammed Kabir Mohammed in Abuja says the shooting took place at a two-storey building which has just been built but is not yet complete.

Young men have been using the building to sleep in at night, he says.

The security team which approached the building were acting on information received from two men, agents said.

"No sooner had the team commenced digging for the arms, than they came under heavy gunfire attack by other Boko Haram elements," Reuters news agency quotes a statement from State Security Service as saying.

Our reporter says the building is in Abuja's Apo district, home to a huge residential complex for Nigerian parliamentarians.

Abuja suffered two major Boko Haram attack two years ago, when a suicide bomber rammed a car into the police headquarters killing eight people in June 2011.

About two months after that, the group attacked the UN headquarters in Abuja, killing 23 people.

The attack near Benisheik took place on Tuesday, but news of it was slow to emerge as all phone lines have been cut off in an effort to help the military offensive.

The Boko Haram members drove into the town in about 20 pick-up trucks, the AFP news agency quoted an anonymous security source as saying.

The BBC's Nigeria correspondent Will Ross says it was one of the deadliest since the state of emergency was declared.

In the three days since the attack, health workers have been loading dead bodies onto trucks and some reports say the militants killed more than 140 people.

"Apart from the dead bodies recovered today [Thursday], we collected 55 on Wednesday and the fact is that we did not go deep into the bush where I strongly believe that many people have fallen there," Nigeria's Daily Trust newspaper quotes Abdulaziz Kolomi, an official with state's environmental protection agency, as saying.

There was also an attack by suspected militants on Wednesday night in neighbouring Yobe state, which is also under a state of emergency but has not witnessed so much violence.

A resident of Buni Yadi told the BBC Hausa Service that Islamists attacked the town at about 22:30, burning the police station and other public buildings.

"A soldier was killed in a shootout and the wife of the [divisional police chief] was burnt to death in her home," state police commissioner Sanusi Rufa'i told AFP.

Local vigilante groups have been formed to help counter the militants but scores of these volunteers have been killed in recent weeks.

Last month, the army said it had killed Boko Haram's leader Abubakar Shekau but this has not been confirmed and the militants' attacks have continued.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24178048

1 Like

Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by LajaLaba: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2013

I smell a set up
Thumb up comrade
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Sukosam(m): 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Trail ii: See what GEJ don turn my obodo nigeria to. I wish I could say end tym tins, but I will not cus I don't want to b banned. ## I rep team END TIME TINS##. If ure intrested in joining just clicK like
so u don't realise u've said it.
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Wsdm: 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
emmysenior: This is the right time to know if the CCTV security cameras are actually working...

I hope they pull some video footage off those craps.

Common forensic team, we can't boast of.
If we can't boast of finger print analysis, then I'd say:

The INEC finger print capture,

The sim registration finger print capture,

The national ID registration finger print capture,

are all good riddance to bad rubbish.

Wait! cheesy what's up with police post in and around all crannies... That's crap as well. tongue

grin What of emergency numbers? grin In our wildest dreams...

And yet our rotten lawmakers swallow huge amounts without doing nothing...

What about a chase? Who pursued those killers? Why weren't they chased?

Rotten system.

Such a huge shame.
Why weren't the killers of Kudirat Abiola and Bola Ige chased? Simple answer; VERGABON IN POWER (V.I.P)!
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
Boko strikes again
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Wsdm: 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
ceejayluv:
Yeah, true. Gunmen now move around with ID cards? And drop them at the.scene of crime? Laughable I must say.
...even without being challenged! The police are the fools and not us.
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by stunning4real: 5:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
Olypus has fallen/white house down. Its a pure inside job!
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by debbleopto: 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Nigeria is an insecured state and a haven for terrorists.
Terrorists get away with their crimes in Nigeria. They are never defeated. SMH.
I wonder how the state of this natiion would be like by May 2015.
I fear! This insecurity thang in Nigeria gets worse just day by day.

you remember the British man that came to Delta state? He was saying Nigeria is secure as if the white don't read the news of events happening on Nigeria
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by omokejiajao: 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
seem you are not living in naija cctv koo camera niiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
emmysenior: This is the right time to know if the CCTV security cameras are actually working...

I hope they pull some video footage off those craps.

Common forensic team, we can't boast of.
If we can't boast of finger print analysis, then I'd say:

The INEC finger print capture,

The sim registration finger print capture,

The national ID registration finger print capture,

are all good riddance to bad rubbish.

Wait! cheesy what's up with police post in and around all crannies... That's crap as well. tongue

grin What of emergency numbers? grin In our wildest dreams...

And yet our rotten lawmakers swallow huge amounts without doing nothing...

What about a chase? Who pursued those killers? Why weren't they chased?

Rotten system.

Such a huge shame.
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by Olaolufred(m): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
simplyOJ:

While fashola only reunionite them with their state govt for onward union with their family.
It is outright relocation of these souls to heaven or hell that federal govt chose.
I think one is still better.
If Lagos will rid off all hausas,ibos and Yoruba living in uncompleted buildings in this federal govt's way, then mrs peter obi will have more political manifestos.
Hmmmmmmm, PEOPLE ARE STILL DECEIVING PEOPLE even though things has fallen apart.
Are Gods to be blamed for all these when there was still a country?
Re: Shooting At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured by IGBOSON1: 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2013

I smell a set up

^^^Don't be surprised if the cards have names like Emeka, Tunde and Abinye on them! I've read enough 'James Hardly Chase' novels in my time to know a set-up when i see one!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan's 60th Birthday: Buhari Sends Felicitation Message / Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes / Army Rescues Octogenarian, Others From Boko Haram Terrorists (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.