Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,927 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd (43657 Views)

James Faleke To Appeal Kogi Election Ruling / Falake Resumes Legislative Duties, Insists He’s Gov-elect / NASS Election Fallout: El Rufai Compensate Yorubass With Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by jbbaba(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
December 08, 2015 at 4:49 pm in News

By Emman Ovuakporie and Johnbosco Agbakwuru

ABUJA-BARELY 72hours after the conclusion of the supplementary governorship election in Kogi state, the deputy governorship aspirant to the Late Abubakar Audu, Abiodun Faleke who refused to deputise Yahaya Bello who succeeded late Audu in the election, on Tuesday, showed up in the House of Representatives, where he took part in the legislative business of the day.
Faleke who rejected being declared governor-elect of Kogi State after the death of his principal, Prince Audu currently represents Ikeja Federal Constituency in the 8th House of Representatives where he also chairs the Committee on Customs and Excise.
The towering lawmaker stormed the green chamber spotting a white flowing ‘Agbada’ and a hand-made red cap, amid cheers from his colleagues in the House as he approached the chair where he held a brief chat with Speaker Yakubu Dogara before resuming to take his seat.
Faleke who rejected his re-nomination as deputy governorship candidate to the eventual winner and governor-elect, Alhaji Yahaya Bello has since gone to court asking the Judiciary to declare him governor-elect instead of Yahaya Bello whose name the All Progressives Congress (APC) forwarded to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as subtitle to the late Prince Audu.
In the suit, Faleke argues that both the INEC and the APC erred by, first, declaring the election inconclusive when the circumstances leading to cancellation of votes in most of the affected polling units bothered on over-voting and refusal to use card reader which amounted to violation of the electoral Act of 2010.
He is also faulting APC’s decision to substitute late Audu with Yahaya Bello when he (Faleke) who participated in all the stages of the election with the late candidate should have been the replacement as against Yahaya Bello who did not participate in all the stages of the election apart from the primaries where he came second.
His camp also accused Yahaya Bello of anti party activities during the inconclusive poll, saying that the latter worked against the interest of the APC which accounted for why the party even lost his own polling booth in Okene.
However, efforts to get views of lawyers concerning the legal implication of the development could not yield results as at press time.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/kogi-election-fallout-faleke-resumes-legislative-duties/

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by madridguy(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
In Yahaya Bello we trust. I am seeing Abiodun Faleke as future " Saraki " judas. grin grin grin grin grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by benedictnsi(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
madridguy:
In Yahaya Bello we trust. I am seeing Abiodun Faleke as future " Saraki " judas. grin grin grin grin grin

I d tell you oooo..... Sometimes, politics D be like mathematics Weh dem D solve..... D more you look D less you see grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Mynd44: 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
Who are those who said Faleke will lose? Lose what?

He is still in the House of Reps with a good chance of being declared governor.
He still chairs the house committee on customs and still relevant.

Wada is the biggest loser as the fight is between Yahaya Bello and Faleke. He has lost

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by BRYTEstoreNG: 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
col
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by babadem2much(m): 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
This man 4 just manage oo tomorrow could be........

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by oshyno(m): 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Who then will become d deputy.
Can the governor be sworn in without a deputy.
Is it constitutional for APC to bring in anoda deputy to be sworn in.

U see why it shud av been supreme court that out to have decided d way forward for the Kogi logjam. By that nobody wud av been thinking of approaching court. That is hw it is done in developed con3. But what do we get here, d attorney will arm twist INEC into taking a decision instead of approaching supreme court .

When IPOB calls my con3 zoo it wud look like they are insulting us.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Firefire(m): 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
Mynd44:

Wada is the biggest loser as the fight is between Yahaya Bello and Faleke. He has lost

Wada is a complete failure.

I listen to one of his useless campaign promising the people to follow up with the bail-out fund from Abuja and ensure it comes.

Can you imagine ? Promising to follow up with 'gbese' ? not even how to improve his state IGR.

Thank God he is now a loser. Thou, I don't prefer the dead man also. (all of dem na d same criminal)

20 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by olapluto(m): 5:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
Mynd44:

Exactly! Faleke is in a win win situation. If he wins in court, he can become governor, until then, he collects his gbemu as HOR member. Much better than a deputy sitting on thin air.

20 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Mynd44: 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
Firefire:

I listen to one of his useless campaign promising the people to follow up with the bail-out fund from Abuja and ensure it comes.

Can you imagine ? Promising to follow up with 'gbese' ? not even how to improve his state IGR.

Thank God he is now a loser. Thou, I don't prefer the dead man also. (all of dem na d same criminal)
Oh really? But I saw tweets by Tonyebarcanista and Adeyanju Deji on the #ThisIsWada hashtag taking about how much Wada is the best thing to have happened to Kogi since slice bread and was even attempting to show him as the most performing governor of all times.

I am shocked he got that much votes sef
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Mynd44: 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
olapluto:

Exactly! Faleke is in a win win situation. If he wins in court, he can become governor, until then, he collects his gbemu as HOR member. Much better than a deputy sitting on thin air.
Yup. He has his seat and can afford to sue everyone to court with the chance of being declared Governor eventually.

Been a deputy to a Yahaya Bello is just a wrong move.

6 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Opinedecandid(m): 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
And you say PDP won't collect that victory in court?
Let's wait and see.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Firefire(m): 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
Mynd44:

Oh really? But I saw tweets by Tonyebarcanista and Adeyanju Deji on the #ThisIsWada hashtag taking about how much Wada is the best thing to have happened to Kogi since slice bread and was even attempting to show him as the most performing governor of all times.

I am shocked he got that much votes sef

I detest corrupt elements, irrespective of which party they belong.

9 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by biafranqueen: 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Firefire:

@Bolded excatly recycled criminals!

12 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by CR77(f): 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
veekid:
So?
That tongue
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by veekid(m): 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
So?
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Berrylite: 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by MuyiRano(m): 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
Yaya Bello is destined to be Governor

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by AceRoyal: 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
Some people won't like this news....grin Anyway I'm just here to read comments and give likes.tongue
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by cosby02(m): 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
grin
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by baby124: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
Lol kiss
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by blackpanda: 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
This guy is a greedy clown! He wants to be lawmaker of one state and governor of another Oloriburuku oshi! grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by FuckTheMod: 6:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
madridguy:

You must be a dolt..

How has asking for what rightfully belong to him being betrayal

6 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by merits(m): 6:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by steffans(m): 6:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nice step...

It's better than sitting down.. Waiting for court to make you governor..

I blame Inec for the burahaha..
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Damalex4luv(m): 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
I believe Faleke is going to win in court. The man is very courageous

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? / Goodluck Jonathan Is A Wicked Man - Boyloaf / Haruna Innuwa Dogo Mabo And Wife Take Maternity Photos & Nigerians Are Arguing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.