Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? (32742 Views)

No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League / Cristiano Ronaldo Thanks His Friend For His Success / L.messi,a.iniesta And C.ronaldo;the Top 3 Nominees For Europes Best Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Slyr0x: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
When football agent Jorge Mendes earlier this week, insisted that his client Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Brazilian winger Neymar Jnr and more Complete than Argentine maestro Lionel Messi, both of Barcelona, many people raised their eyebrows; maintaining that his stance is biased.

However, before we make our conclusions, I want us to take an in depth look at the 28-year-old Portuguese. After this, you can draw whatever comparison u like, but I believe one thing cannot be argued; and that is FACT!!!

In 2003, Cristiano dos Santos Aviero Ronaldo arrived Old Trafford as a teenager, but at that young age, the winger had already racked up 31 appearances and five goals for his boyhood club; Sporting Lisbon. The boy actually became a man at Manchester United.

After six seasons at the theatre of dreams, Ronaldo endeared himself into the hearts of fans with his direct play, dribbles and goals making him a cult hero at the club. Ronaldo won 11 major honours with the Red Devils and scored a total of 118 goals in 292 games for the Premier League champions.

In 2008, he became the first player (and only, so far) from the EPL to be crowned the best player in the world by FIFA, after guiding the then Ferguson-led United to the Premier League and Champions League double.
On June 26 2009, CR7 swapped Old Trafford for Bernabeu; joining Spanish giants Real Madrid for a then world record fee of £80m.

In just his fifth season with the los blancos, Ronaldo has already gone on to break numerous records at the club. With the hat-trick he scored on Tuesday against Galatasaray in the Champions League, Ronaldo became Real Madrid's third all-time highest goalscorer (38 goals) in the competition, behind only Raul Gonzalez and Frenc Puskas and fifth in the overall list on 54 goals.

Ronaldo has also won one Spanish La-Liga, one Copa del Rey, and two Super Cup titles with the capital club.
The most outstanding stat of Ronaldo's time in Spain so far, is that the Madeira-born forward has scored more goals than games played for Real Madrid; 206 goals in 204 games played so far. In total, the former Sporting Lisbon forward has scored 329 goals in 527 club games so far, and all across three clubs in three different leagues; Portugal, England, and now Spain.

He has also managed to win 15 major club honours, to go with his 68 individual titles. It will be a debate that will drag on for decades; who is better between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, with four straight FIFA world best awards, since Ronaldo won it in 2008, the Argentine looks the clear favourite.

However, I want to state that being the best and being complete are two different things, take Ronaldo Da Lima for example, while he wowed all in the colors of Brazil, winning 3 world cups with his national side, he found it hard performing consistently in Europe, hence his club football was not as successful.

So if you consider what Cristiano Ronaldo has managed to achieve in all the leagues he has played in, and the fact that, he has managed to stand out in two major leagues, you look at things a little bit differently. It is not surprising that he is the only player to have won the European Golden Boot from two different Leagues.

It is hard to see Messi thriving in a team aside Barcelona. With 328 goals from 410 games for Barcelona so far, one cannot play down the greatness of the little magician.

While Messi fits in perfectly into Barcelona's set up and will continue to rule the round leather game for many more years with the Nou Camp outfit, Ronaldo looks like a player that can succeed in any team in Europe due to his style of play.
Like Sir Alex said last year; "Maturity brings many things. When I went to see them play against City, some of his decision-making in terms of passing was brilliant.

" Now you see the complete player. His decision-making, his maturity, his experience, plus all the great skills he has got, they make him the complete player."

So if I was to compare these two wonderful artists (because football is an art), I will say while Messi is the best player the world has ever seen; due to his skills and abundant wisdom and great understanding of the game, not to forget his personal and team success, CR7 is the most complete player on God's green earth.

~ Rahman

http://234sports.com/soccer/ronaldo-the-most-complete-player-in-the-planet.html

45 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Javanian: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Slyr0x:
So if I was to compare these two wonderful artists (because football is an art), I will say while Messi is the best player the world has ever seen; due to his skills and abundant wisdom and great understanding of the game, not to forget his personal and team success,

True!

CR7 is the most complete player on God's green earth.

wrong! Ronaldinho > CR7

6 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by oluwadartey: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Javanian:

True!

wrong! Ronaldinho > CR7
What makes Ronaldinho a more complete player than CR7?... CR7 ni jhor

14 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Kx: 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
This argument and similar ones need not arise in the first place.

Let Messi leave the comfort of Barca as CR7 had done for the argument to arise ab initio.

If Messi cant test other waters, there is absolutely no need to bring up this comparism with CR7.

Messi is the best but until he leaves Barca,he is a one club-world -legend. Cant you get it?

Same goes for Pep. Now I cut him some slack because the figures are looking good with his Bayern performance.

Messi should lauch into the unknown deep and prove his skills in other league and at the world cup for this comparism to arise for crying out loud.Otherwise I c a super Javier Zanetti or Ryan Giggs, das all.

14 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Pstsmith(m): 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
ahhhhh!! I hate football
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by badoooo(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mah c d mods wey won ban me for saying
Christiano ronaldo is the best..

wetin una tink say I be won write..e. Don fly una

3 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by blater500(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
yes.he is a perfect player.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by 25Calibre(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Yes!!! he is an excellent winger, he has pace, he is skilful, he good with set pieces, he scores, he can play almost any role.

Looks wise, he's handsome, physically fit, great body.

He is also rich.

There is nothing he doesn't have except maybe brains ( I'm not sure )

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Reference(m): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
No. His defensive (off the ball skills are non existent. That's why when his team (which ever) is under intense pressure he goes into semi-retirement.

4 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Andyblaze: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
My personal world best

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by TRILLIONIAR: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
ronaldo his a product of training while messi is a product of natural talent, for me i like ronaldo but messi is the best in terms of football

26 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by DonColz1(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by imsuboi(m): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
[size=60pt] Yes [/size]
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by leonshom(m): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
CR-7 is d best player in d world, no doubt !

19 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
MESSI IS D BEST

20 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by imsuboi(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
since they've hidden my post above, lemme book this space cry
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Debroslink: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
How is Ronaldo de Lima a failure in Europe? Legend in Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and AC Milan.
Please, don't compare him with c Ronaldo.
As for Messi, he is Mr Barcelona. He's d best.

9 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Lionbite(m): 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
am a Barcelona fan... cr7 is a complete player , bt messi is the best in the world

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by gerrardomendes(m): 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
ronaldo all the way. Best there is,best there was, best there will ever be. Ronaldo vs messy is a case of honest arrogance vs hypocritical humility.

27 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by phtemie(m): 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
I think He's right..Ronaldo is very complete.But that doesn't make him the best.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Fathai(m): 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
jobless people will come here to rant......thats...is how...they shout......gudiorla leav gudiorla leave....now....the man is still shining.....ur favourite morinho dey feel am hot for england......now.........do yhu know..the meaning of complete.......can ronaldo play as a DEFENDER....OR A KEEPER....if u can answer dat question.......den i will agree.....ronaldo is complete.

make we see truth talk.......messi pass ronaldo...weda u like am or nt.....GBAM!!!!! STAMPED

31 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by imsuboi(m): 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ronaldo is the best player in the world..

Tell that midget to leave barcelona and let's see what he'll play.

Tell him to come to the EPL and get schooled kiss

11 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by adrainuche(m): 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
Why is Ideye not on this list ?

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Nikapetrelli(f): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tnk u for dis piece of write up.Lot's of love for CR7.He will always remain d best for moi,Messi will leave prove hiself wen he leaves Barca n La Liga

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by rhames(m): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
yep
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Chanchit: 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
You can compare Cr7 to Neymar, but Messi..!? Abeg fear God o, they are not in the same class.

Thats all.

13 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by nickz(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
NO ONE IS AS COMPLETE AS RONALDO..............But Messi is the Best due to his achievements.Don't compare with sentiments like one mofo did yesterday...
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? by Gigastar(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
If Messi leaves barca, he is still going to outshine his colleagues but he can't leave now due to the condition on ground, u understand

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Football Club With Most Supporters On Nairaland / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (4 - 3) On 4th April 2024 / Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.