Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School (34614 Views)

First Class Graduate Who Can't Spell 'Distinction' / PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Hadiza Saddik-Mahuta Breaks Record In The UK After Bagging Distinction In Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by okeke2: 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ajibel: Arent these obvious And pls strike out point 4 angry
C'mon Go and SIT DOWN!!!
Sex is not evrything
ARE U A LovePeddler??
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
Littlehooper:

WHICH UNIVERSITY DID U ATTEND BRO
Of what use is the name of my institution to you?
In case you don't know, typing in upper case is insulting, it's gives the notion that you're yelling.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Littlehooper: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
adeaugustus:
Of what use is the name of my institution to you?
In case you don't know, typing in upper case is insulting, it's gives the notion that you're yelling.

IS IT A CRIME TO ASK FOR IT. SINCE U ARE BOLD TO BACK UP WOT U HAVE WRITTEN THAT U ARE PROSPECTIVE FIRST CLASS STUDENT, U SHOULD BE BOLD ENOUGH TO LET'S KNOW THE UNIVERSITY U ATTENDED.
I LIKE TO WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS WHENEVER AM ON SOCIAL NETWORK,, WEBSITE....
AM NOT SHUOTING (YELLING) AT U BY WRITING MY COMMENTS IN CAPITAL LETTERS
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Ezegozie(m): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
Allen kee: Every serious student that gains admission into tertiary institutions has the aim of graduating with a first class/distinction degree but the reality shows that the number of first class students in Nigeria’s tertiary institutions is on the decline. Nigeria Education Portal ® gives steps which if diligently followed will enable every student who aspires to make a first class in school to do so with ease.

1) Get serious from the first day
It is common for students to get carried away with the euphoria of gaining admission into higher institution that they forget the major reason why they are in school. It is essential to start building your grade point from the first day so as to avoid playing catch up afterwards.

2) Attend Lectures
While attending lectures may not be so important in your first year in school as most courses are what you must have already learnt previously in your secondary school and the large number of students in lecture rooms in your first year may not make attending lectures enticing however after your first year, attending lectures must be a priority, this is enable you mark attendance in class which may be the difference between an A or a B, pick salient points which the lecturer may mention in class and to pick instructions and tips which lecturers usually give in class.

3) Understand your Lecturer(s)
As all human beings differ in various characteristics so do your lecturers differ in the way they want things to be done. While some may prefer you to understand their notes only, others may prefer you to research more on your own after giving you notes, others may depend solely on past questions and so on. It is very essential to understand each lecturer who comes to lecture you. This might be done by seeking advice from students who have taken courses taught by the lecturer.

4) Don’t build serious relationships with the opposite sex
It is very essential to keep only platonic relationships with the opposite sex while in school. This might be very difficult especially if you are a pretty lady or a handsome guy but the truth is if you keep any serious relationships, it will eat out of your valuable time you would have spent studying.

5) Learn to study
This usually is the most difficult part of a student’s life as different distractions exist in the higher institution but unfortunately this is the most important step on your way to making a first class in school. While most students are fond of deceiving themselves by either sleeping and waking in the library without actually studying, it is very essential to give at least 2 quality hours studying every day.

6) Rub mind with others
No man is an island, no matter how hard you study you can never know it all, there will still be some few things which you still would not know but someone else’s could help you with and save you a lot of time trying to decipher how to go about the problem.

7) Put God first
Always remember that God is the owner of all knowledge and gives only to those who he wishes to. Learn to always put God first before every lecture, test or exam. He is the only one who can see you through.

http://nigeriaeducationportal.com/how-to-make-a-first-class-or-distinction-in-school/

before i comment, i have a question for the poster.

@OP,Did you get first class?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by smithsammy(m): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
WHIZBRO: Rubbish!!!... When will Nairaland stop all these how to's?
How to bleep ur wife, how to murder your gardener, how to court Angelina Jolie...
Load of b.ulls
KEEP YOUR DIRTY MOiUTH CLOSED!!. you and those who likes the nonsence you vomits here needs an overhaul BRAIN servicing. sorry to say. When will you learn to appreciate good things? Is this post in any how correlate with the nonsence you are talking about. Are you learned at all? Pls, can you kindly tell me what the post DEPICT? Taaaaaaaa! For u ooooo!
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2013
Littlehooper:

IS IT A CRIME TO ASK FOR IT. SINCE U ARE BOLD TO BACK UP WOT U HAVE WRITTEN THAT U ARE PROSPECTIVE FIRST CLASS STUDENT, U SHOULD BE BOLD ENOUGH TO LET'S KNOW THE UNIVERSITY U ATTENDED.
I LIKE TO WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS WHENEVER AM ON SOCIAL NETWORK,, WEBSITE....
AM NOT SHUOTING (YELLING) AT U BY WRITING MY COMMENTS IN CAPITAL LETTERS
It's a public forum, and I'd rather not go into details. Thanks for not asking again.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by jonuel1(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mr Mac-10:
Go and make first class money and stop fooling urself with first class Bill Gates said and i quote My classmate was a straight A student he works for microsoft I own Microsoft

Remember, everybody can't be a Bill Gate or super rich. If everybody should be a Bill Gate, who will do tђε̲̣̣̣̥ dirty job?
No matter how rich tђε̲̣̣̣̥ people of a society A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥, Ɣ☺ΰ will always find tђε̲̣̣̣̥ poor.

Do Ɣø̲̣U̶̲̥̅̊я best aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ leave tђε̲̣̣̣̥ rest.
Contentment sums it all aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ discovering Ɣø̲̣U̶̲̥̅̊я purpose in life.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by smithsammy(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
peterphd: Nice article but number seven spoilt it. Why can't we Africans do something good and take credit for it? Must we give it all to a "god"?
what a pity. See how this young man is killling himself with ignorance. Your Failure is guarranteed without God.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Ezegozie(m): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
IN A FEDERAL / STATE UNIVERSITY

(1) 1st class is for people that are exceptionally intelligent.

(2)Second class upper is for students dat are above average

(3)Second class lower is for those students that are average

(4)3rd class is for those students below average.

(5)pass is for those students that are never serious.

Advising a normal student in a public university on how to make first class is like advising Osaze Odewinge on how to be the world best foothballer.

Never you neglect the power of natural gift

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nosgidi(m): 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
Lovely write-up...!
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Ajibel(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
okeke2:
C'mon Go and SIT DOWN!!!
Sex is not evrything
ARE U A LovePeddler??

will u STFU Who told u relationship is all about sexx
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Harbiurlah(f): 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2013
Oyinbo po.
kizito047: My junoir bro. Has dose quality..but uniport galz wil nt leave him..becox he's a 1st class material.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by mcatho(m): 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2013
Gud points.Dats tru
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by drdams: 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2013
Hmm.. First Class...

Objection My Lord, U can Mingle well with d opp sex (wit maturity) and come out with flying colours - dont dispute that..

U must av d mindset frm day1 and nt by Fire Brigade approach..

And seriously, going to Bowen, Redeemers, Convenant, JABU, et al gives u 90% guaranty (if conditions are met). As far as public skus are concerned, ther r uncertainties to tackle even if all ur listed recommendations are undertaken...

And mind u, ther is no decline in d num of first class, Naija has been recording increase..

Also, U CANT BUY A FIRST CLASS Degree and av NEVA seen a Dull First Class Graduate, haters, go and follow those steps and stop talking abt runs (it will only fetch u a 2.2 cos u were heading for a Pass)
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Josephnice: 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
peterphd: Nice article but number seven spoilt it. Why can't we Africans do something good and take credit for it? Must we give it all to a "god"?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by abduldope(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2013
u should hav strtd with d option of put GOD 1st
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by ennon92(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
arcbabe: I never did any of those and am seriously regretting it now,may God help me to retrace my steps b4 it's totally late. The opposite sex can dangerously,harmfully and seriously destroy a students career if not properly checked.
Dearie, is never too late.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Josephnice: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
my brother, in this part of the world we reside, keeping God out of our daily lives and plans means we are doomed for destruction. I once had this view of your until i learn through the hard way
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by peterphd(m): 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2013
Olamira: like seriously ARE U SANE?
Like seriously are you not already s.tupid?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by peterphd(m): 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ruthia: wer did u get ur name PETER 4rm?

My parents
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by peterphd(m): 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
smithsammy: what a pity. See how this young man is killling himself with ignorance. Your Failure is guarranteed without God.

Its people like you and others calling me "atheist" that turn our universities into crusade grounds where peace is disturbed and people waste their time babbling in the name of prayer and telling new entrants stories about how prayer made a lecturer incompetent in marking just to pass the very religious boy.which God is gonna help me pass?obatala?allah?jehovah?
No God has ever put anything into anyone's brain to write in an exam.keep praying and let us "atheists" keep reading.We'll see who's better.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by kossynerule: 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
Well d pointz u mentioned re good.but don't underestimate d power of natural talent.am a living testimony
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by peterphd(m): 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
Josephnice: my brother, in this part of the world we reside, keeping God out of our daily lives and plans means we are doomed for destruction. I once had this view of your until i learn through the hard way

So wole soyinka has been a failure or fela was a failure because he "excluded god"? I still ask which god because all adherents of religion can back their own gods up.IMO I think you became so afraid of being different that you caved into believing such things.Hard work pays and I repeat,no god has ever buillt a stretch of road or a house or awarded marks.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Serendipity: 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ajibel: Arent these obvious And pls strike out point 4 angry
Why?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by bharyur2103(m): 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
One thing I know for sure is to make a first class,you either have to be naturally gifted or you are the type that can read for long consecutive hours without tiring.To every student has the ability to make first class is absolutely wrong.From what I have seen over the years,besides doing a lot of things right,you have to be divinely favoured to make a first class..
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by WHIZBRO(m): 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2013
smithsammy: KEEP YOUR DIRTY MOiUTH CLOSED!!. you and those who likes the nonsence you vomits here needs an overhaul BRAIN servicing. sorry to say. When will you learn to appreciate good things? Is this post in any how correlate with the nonsence you are talking about. Are you learned at all? Pls, can you kindly tell me what the post DEPICT? Taaaaaaaa! For u ooooo!

You sir are an inherently cretinous person
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by tammyboy1(m): 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
Make use of d ASUU stryk hols and make cool cash,its so easy and real,its no scam,js follow this link,gudluck http:///W7r6t
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by ifyfaith: 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
Study what u r been taught a day after d lecture,neva forget to do dat cos it will help u remain fresh n understand better what u were been tot. I actually realized dis in my 3rd year and it worked for me.

Also try to stay out of ur lecturers way,don't do any form of notice me especially d ladies
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
These points are important if you want to get a good grade. However, getting a good grade is only like 2 percent of the work so don't be too obsessed with it. When you graduate, you'll face the real world and then realise that very little of the stuff you learnt in school applies in the real world.

Those that start preparing for the real world right from school make it faster. Ask Bill Gates and Mark Zucherberg, they'll tell you.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
hardbody: I did not play by any of the rules and started my first year with a third class result, joined all the bad companies and frats at year 3 and still graduated 2nd Upper. Today I am happy that the uni passed through me. I can hold my own anywhere both academically and otherwise
you must have graduated from Uniben where you can graduate with first class even when your CGPA is around "Pass" in first year

1 Like

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by okeke2: 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2013
chai!! dis thread don cause fight sha...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyin Tofade Becomes First Black Female President Of Albany College of Pharmacy / UNILAG CSO Sunday Adejumo Murdered In Akoka Lagos Bar / OAU Reacts To Richard Akindele's Sex For Mark Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.