Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School (34612 Views)

First Class Graduate Who Can't Spell 'Distinction' / PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Hadiza Saddik-Mahuta Breaks Record In The UK After Bagging Distinction In Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by peterphd(m): 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
isikco: God is d creator of evrytin include u peterphd,we wil all die and say bye-bye 2 every profesion, weda engineer,doctor,accountant etc, dis world wil surely b destroy run 4 ur soul, all wisdom,knowledge,power b unto God almighty, surenda ur life 2 jesus christ and he wil surely save ur soul.

Where is your evidence for "god created the world"? If you're so sure you're going to a better place, why aren't you in a hurry to get there? No god is going to help us Africans.Nobody's gonna change us;we have to change us.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by aykay45(m): 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
Slyr0x: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School

1.) For the serious guys/girls - Cram as hard as you can and pour everything on exam day. This technique is popularly known as La Cram La Pour

2.) For the Unserious guys - Settle your way through. .15k per course

3.) For the Unserious babes - Bleep your way through. .

Sadly, this is what our Universities have turned to undecided
Seriously it works buh wil only giv yhu second class upper/ upper credit maximum
First class/ distinction products are special...
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by tunapa2009(m): 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2013
aykay45:
Seriously it works buh wil only giv yhu second class upper/ upper credit maximum
First class/ distinction products are special...
Really!!! What is so special about them??
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by aykay45(m): 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
4reigningqueen: hmmm

so, when you do all these and graduate with a first class what happens next?

Getting a first class seem like trying to compete but discovering who you really are, which is the primary reason for education, is far more important.

Stop the competition, find out who you are and add value!!!
Ah u and d peeps dat like ur post are kids and dnt knw wahs goin on at all...
First class products are gurus in der profession, dey knw who dey really are dahs y dey are refered to as scholars(diversify in all fields)
No job for 9ja no b for first class products
Dahs what stands u out and der's no first class person dat cnt defend der profession
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by snapatini(m): 6:16am On Sep 22, 2013
nice one
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by olamind15(m): 6:17am On Sep 22, 2013
nice one
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Ajibel(m): 6:36am On Sep 22, 2013
okeke2: R U INSANE?? PLSS I WILL NOT "STFU"
ITS STUDENTS LYK U DAT WASTE AWAY IN UNI's
No 4 is tru in d sense dat sme guys spend all their time wasting precious delicate MONEY on girls dat dnt even feel anything for them. although dere are good girls but
GIRLS LIKE U SED.UCE LECTURERS TO BOOST YOUR GRADES AND SLEEP WT DEM. DATS Y U CANT REASON
SO CONSIDER YOURSELF MERELY AS INTELLIGENT AS A RETA..RDED MONKEY!!

person, you rant here as if you've known me really. You have no idea who/what i am yet derive pleasure at throwing insalts at someone who is many times ahead of you. Direct that built-in unpythonic anger of yours into ur head and slam it on the wall. Cretinn angry Lemme just leave u to wallow in ignorance!
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 22, 2013
People condemning this write-up are jokers. What this writer put up there is the obvious truth. But I will have to say that haven followed virtually all the above rules...I ended up 0.04 away from the finish line...so painful then...lol...and have like 3 different frnds that made it successfully from diff schools yet, I discovered that most of those students that looked upon us as gods and relied on us, and some that weren't bright are now bigger than us the super-intelligent ones when it comes to finance...lol

Anyway, let me not discourage those still in school...pls study, study, attend lectures, read versatile, avoid getting intimate with the opposite sex, its vital and put God first and don't play with your God and faith.

Lastly, while in school, develop an entrepreneurship skill...startup a business with your pocket money now and stop spending money on frivolous things in campus, learn to invest now...learn to own a business now...get relevant skills, and pray always to God, most times, ending up with the best result isn't the end of it cos I have seen dull students during my student years balling big and excelling in both business and career-wise.

Only God knows why He made things the way they are...and if u aren't born naturally intelligent like someone said, it maybe impossible to make the top result...therefore, develop your talent, your hobbies and likes, they maybe your saving grace latersmiley

In summary, any student that wishes to graduate with first class/distinction should pls ignore all comments here and follow what this write-up said.

If u do, believe me, u stand 90% chance of making it. And I am sure the writer of this article was a first class student or close to first class.

I can boldly say that all my friends who made first class and distinction followed this rule. I did but failed in good-lecturer relationship...that was my mistake so u guys still in school should strive to be in good relationship with your lecturers no matter how brilliant u maybe, cos they can intentionally frustrate u if they notice u wanna do without them...be loyal and get what u want first. Goodluck to those that desires to make it to the topsmiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Umennajiego(m): 8:14am On Sep 22, 2013
Olamira: like seriously ARE U SANE?
you both av ur points and reasons so i see no reason to criticize his/her belief.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Umennajiego(m): 8:18am On Sep 22, 2013
DailyNews: People condemning this write-up are jokers. What this writer put up there is the obvious truth. But I will have to say that haven followed virtually all the above rules...I ended up 0.04 away from the finish line...so painful then...lol...and have like 3 different frnds that made it successfully from diff schools yet, I discovered that most of those students that looked upon us as gods and relied on us, and some that weren't bright are now bigger than us the super-intelligent ones when it comes to finance...lol

Anyway, let me not discourage those still in school...pls study, study, attend lectures, read versatile, avoid getting intimate with the opposite sex, its vital and put God first and don't play with your God and faith.

Lastly, while in school, develop an entrepreneurship skill...startup a business with your pocket money now and stop spending money on frivolous things in campus, learn to invest now...learn to own a business now...get relevant skills, and pray always to God, most times, ending up with the best result isn't the end of it cos I have seen dull students during my student years balling big and excelling in both business and career-wise.

Only God knows why He made things the way they are...and if u aren't born naturally intelligent like someone said, it maybe impossible to make the top result...therefore, develop your talent, your hobbies and likes, they maybe your saving grace latersmiley

In summary, any student that wishes to graduate with first class/distinction should pls ignore all comments here and follow what this write-up said.

If u do, believe me, u stand 90% chance of making it. And I am sure the writer of this article was a first class student or close to first class.

I can boldly say that all my friends who made first class and distinction followed this rule. I did but failed in good-lecturer relationship...that was my mistake so u guys still in school should strive to be in good relationship with your lecturers no matter how brilliant u maybe, cos they can intentionally frustrate u if they notice u wanna do without them...be loyal and get what u want first. Goodluck to those that desires to make it to the topsmiley
sorry please wch university did u attend and your friends too...
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by IbukaDantata: 9:23am On Sep 22, 2013
Slyr0x: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School

1.) For the serious guys/girls - Cram as hard as you can and pour everything on exam day. This technique is popularly known as La Cram La Pour

2.) For the Unserious guys - Settle your way through. .15k per course

3.) For the Unserious babes - Bleep your way through. .

Sadly, this is what our Universities have turned to undecided
The usual line of those that made a lesser result/grade... If only you know that it takes a level of intelligence to cram. And know this straight, except in private Universities, nobody will make First class or distinction without being intelligence. Bleeping or sorthing can only fetch people 2:2 or 2:1. Or Upper credit.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by papindinho(m): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2013
I really don't see anything new in this cos 'we all know and have what it takes; the question is how much are we willing to give?'
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by ceejiyn(f): 9:45am On Sep 22, 2013
Dear writter, it might interst u to know that u have written well, bt did u graduate with a 1at class? n ws it from a nigerian uni? Well, I asked bcuz if u kno wht is happenin In d nigerian edu today u will know d diff. btw june & july. Let me tell u, there re only three ways to graduate with a first class frm a nigerian uni.
1. sorting
2. God's grace
3. an xtra odinary brain (rare)
No wonder we hv a few 1st class holder in nigeria, n I keep wondering why d same nigerians go abroad n wipe out first class like no manz biz.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by dagr8oy: 10:33am On Sep 22, 2013
WHIZBRO: Rubbish!!!... When will Nairaland stop all these how to's?
How to bleep ur wife, how to murder your gardener, how to court Angelina Jolie...
Load of b.ulls

if u already knw it all (mr. perfect), there are many who need ''the how to's''.

you can simply skip them to nxt topics ok,,u must not click on them, tnx 4 undrstndin
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Oxide7: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2013
REMMEI: Aren't we talking about Nigeria tertiary institution?..it ain't applicable to all i must tell you..do your best and leave the rest..some that graduated with 2.2 sef better pass some 1st class book worm.

Consoling someone? grin
REMMEI: Aren't we talking about Nigeria tertiary institution?..it ain't applicable to all i must tell you..do your best and leave the rest..some that graduated with 2.2 sef better pass some 1st class book worm.

Consoling someone?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Oxide7: 11:36am On Sep 22, 2013
peterphd: Nice article but number seven spoilt it. Why can't we Africans do something good and take credit for it? Must we give it all to a "god"?

Yea! you r clearly arnt referring to GOD r u?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by peterphd(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2013
Oxide7:

Yea! you r clearly arnt referring to GOD r u?

And again I ask, which god?? You know the one I'm talking about.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Reski2500(m): 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
ASUU biko kwanu
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by 4reigningqueen: 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
aykay45:
Ah u and d peeps dat like ur post are kids and dnt knw wahs goin on at all...
First class products are gurus in der profession, dey knw who dey really are dahs y dey are refered to as scholars(diversify in all fields)
No job for 9ja no b for first class products
Dahs what stands u out and der's no first class person dat cnt defend der profession

Judge for yourself who the kid is, is it someone that believes certificate is used to look for job or the one that believes certificate is needed to create jobs?
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by haflyness(f): 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
peterphd: Nice article but number seven spoilt it. Why can't we Africans do something good and take credit for it? Must we give it all to a "god"?
. Number seven makes it possible 4 d rest to be posible. Without the holy spirit no man can succeed in a peaceful way, having God on your side guarantees your success in everything in life. smiley
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by haflyness(f): 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
ceejiyn: Dear writter, it might interst u to know that u have written well, bt did u graduate with a 1at class? n ws it from a nigerian uni? Well, I asked bcuz if u kno wht is happenin In d nigerian edu today u will know d diff. btw june & july. Let me tell u, there re only three ways to graduate with a first class frm a nigerian uni.
1. sorting
2. God's grace
3. an xtra odinary brain (rare)
No wonder we hv a few 1st class holder in nigeria, n I keep wondering why d same nigerians go abroad n wipe out first class like no manz biz.
I think u mean 1.Gods grace
2. An xtral ordinary brain (dat was giving to a person by God)
3.Sorting
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by StOla: 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
Always remember that God is the owner of all knowledge and gives only to those who he wishes to.

The same people who believe that God decides the academic outcome of a scholar are the very ones who also believe the following

1. That prayers can influence the outcome of a football match or any other sport.
2. That electoral victory in a DEMOCRACY is hinged on prayer and not the voting electorate whom it has been designed to vote to chose as they like based on what beneficial policies you have for them. This false religious supremacy would eventually lead to a known political cheat uttering these infamous words "God does not support rigging, but if you rig and succeed, God must have supported it".
3. That you accept whatever misfortune as heavenly ordained despite clear evidence of dereliction of duty by those entrusted with responsibility. This is so evident even in schools where a lecturer would erroneously fail a student, who is then prayed upon to accept such as some religious destiny. Evident in hospitals too.

Students are in school to learn and equip themselves with laws, principles and theories that mankind have as knowledge already, hence there is nothing divine about acquiring a part of this body of knowledge. Same goes for a Mechanic/Tailoring apprentice. Failure/Ability to acquire knowledge in an exceptional manner (Distinction) is solely hinged on your innate abilities and devotion to the task. The responsibility is yours, the glory is carnal and ultimately yours too.

Contrary to opinions of religious fundamentalist, the excessive "religionism" prevalent on Nigerian campuses is a major cause of academic failure of students. Time that ought to have been spent contemplating on knowledge acquired during the day is spent on religious activities dead into the night and early in the morning when the mind should be at rest inside a sleeping body.

Infact almost all leaders of fellowships in my school ended up with carry-overs as a result of religious distractions that had no contribution to the academic purpose of their enrolment in school.

If the religious vocation is your calling, pursue academics in the seminary where such activities are not extra-curricula, but indeed part of a graded curriculum.

Religious fundamentalism has held Nigeria down in a state of stationary inertia. We seem to consider all our crisis as divine and frown at personal responsibility and effort, instead we look up to heaven presumably for solutions hiding behind the clouds.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Babymontana(f): 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
I dnt agree wit no 4.abstain frm opposite sex.evrytn dpends on ur mindset.i kn ppl wh njoy sch lyf nd stil first klas material
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by tunapa2009(m): 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by tunapa2009(m): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
There is what we call "SELF DISCOVERY". Don't follow everybody. Know what you want for yourself, How to get and the end product of it. God is very important in everything you do which is one of the components of self discovery.. The best thing that works for you is very essential. Everybody can't graduate with first class but everybody can achieve their dreams if properly planned and executed...
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by chinedumije: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
Stupid topic. The university education system makes you pander so much to the whims of your seemingly all-knowing professors until you become sedated and stupid to the extent of not being able to think for yourself.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by captaincaleb(m): 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
God bless the hand that create this thread and post this vital information including all followers. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .bless u guyz
I AM_CAPTAIN
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by emmable(m): 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
he didn't talk about a "god" but a God! The one whose peace passeth all understanding! Put Him first, you become first in everything u do..I'm a living proof!
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by abbeywasc(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
come to tnk of it, i flouted almost all ds rules( except no 7) and i stil made first class.
so, flout them too but you are OYO
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by peterphd(m): 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
emmable: he didn't talk about a "god" but a God! The one whose peace passeth all understanding! Put Him first, you become first in everything u do..I'm a living proof!
Allah,Krishna, yahweh, alekwu, alusi etc ? Which God puts something into human brains? If god is so important, when your kids fail, accept that its God's will.
Re: How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 23, 2013
Well Said, though what works for Mr 'A' might not pan out well for Mr 'B'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyin Tofade Becomes First Black Female President Of Albany College of Pharmacy / UNILAG CSO Sunday Adejumo Murdered In Akoka Lagos Bar / OAU Reacts To Richard Akindele's Sex For Mark Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.