Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? (45880 Views)

#fitnessgoals: This 8 Month Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights Will Surely Amaze You / In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by belhomme(m): 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2013
abeg leave d woman jare...atleast she no carry can put for side begin spit for inside
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by claremont(m): 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
Black women seriously need to embrace crossfit and get rid of the stereotype of being angry, fat layabouts.
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
If her doctor didn't say no, I think it's okay. Better than what MOST people do late in pregnancy. I know that baby is going to be strong as hell. In addition, she will back in shape in no time...If you're not a medical professional you can't tell her what to do. End of story.
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Policewoman(f): 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
Okokobioko!!!!!! What if her water breaks? sad shocked
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by 3ace(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
Bolushalom: Have you seen Kaffy Dance with her pregnancy? Its quite amazing
Yes, I really admire her when she dances with her pregnancy while some women even find it difficult to stand upright and move. But this woman wowed me; Kaffy sef go bow if she sees dis.

1 Like

Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by caesare: 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
coogar: pregnancy is not illness.
if she's used to this kind of exercises before her pregnancy then her body would just be fine. exercise is safe for both mother & the fetus. i'd rather this woman than the fat layabouts who do nothing but spit in a container they carry with them all the time.
more like dairy cows about to be milked
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nobody wants a slob let alone a fat pregnant lazy slob.
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by nenergy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nigerian women (leaving in the burbs) carry more weight (e.g baffs of water) grin

1 Like

Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Olaooni88(f): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
Funnicator: If my future wife gets pregnant for me I'd never let her indulge in such exercise.
We would only dance together. I'll even do the cooking and washing and cleaning.
hummmm...#o Enu dun r'ofo#
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by kossynerule: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
pesty100: A pregnant woman lifting weight....... Truly truly i say at the ®END® of lifting the weight sho would be so tired that she wouldn't know ®TIME® or remember any ®THINGS®
What is this one saying?...why can't u just write ETT and save us the trouble of reading thru ur crap

2 Likes

Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Larrygr8t: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
Strong woman!
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by madenigga2dcore(m): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
End tym tins
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by prettimoi(f): 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
Leave all these show show,she might be doing it to trigger labour. She has two weeks to go so if d baby comes after the exercise no big deal. Why didnt she do it in her first trimester? and see if the baby will survive it.

1 Like

Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Sunnah1(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
Funnicator: If my future wife gets pregnant for me I'd never let her indulge in such exercise.
We would only dance together. I'll even do the cooking and washing and cleaning.
nice thinking.
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
3ace: Yes, I really admire her when she dances with her pregnancy when some women even find it difficult to stand upright and move. But this woman wowed me; Kaffy sef go bow if she sees dis.
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by concacid: 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
I ve seen it. Well, if its okay by her Doctor then fine. Good night.
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Becketh(f): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
So?
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by misterjosh(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2013
Let's go there SUPER MOM
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by scholes23(m): 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2013
THE LORD IS HER MUSCLE
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by thorpido(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
She's been keeping fit for years so I guess she's within safe limits.However lifting such heavy weights is a bit to the extreme.
A lot of women(Naija especially) don't exercise while pregnant and that makes it difficult losing that weight gain and trimming that tummy post pregnancy.
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by melvinj558: 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
wait for d time to show then u knw if u can....men and their way
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by gloriana(f): 10:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
Oh my God! Pls put d ring on my finger

1 Like

Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by scholes23(m): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
The Pikin Go Resemble POPEYE
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Atozs12(m): 10:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
shey she no get husband! e dey very risky 4 her unborn child o :Dshey she no get husband! e dey very risky 4 her unborn child o
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Atozs12(m): 10:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
zeb04: Lol she is tryin 2 b toned
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Asemo11(m): 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
are u sure with dis ur username
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by lornaluv(f): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
coogar: pregnancy is not illness.
if she's used to this kind of exercises before her pregnancy then her body would just be fine. exercise is safe for both mother & the fetus. i'd rather this woman than the fat layabouts who do nothing but spit in a container they carry with them all the time.

And if your wife happens to fall in the category of those who are un-able to do nothin more dan lay about and spit in containers, what would you do? Send her back to her father's?

3 Likes

Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by gloriana(f): 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
caesare:
more like dairy cows about to be milked
u can all open ur wide mouths 2 talk anyhw u like. Its nt ur fault wen al u guys cn do is 2 banng d ladies n walk away. U guys tink its easy 2 bleed evry month, enduring menstral pains, endure nine months of pregnancy n labour? Jst cos 1 pregnant woman cn lift a heavy weight does nt make d 1 dat spits in a can a cow. She is jst nt findin it funny. Wonder y all men r nt as rich as dangote. Lazy assses. Mtcheew

7 Likes

Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by sEGXY2(m): 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
nice work.she's still looks hot even.though she's pregnant unlike our nigerian women.
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by damiso(f): 11:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
Her body is used to the lifting so its ok for her, not advisable for a pregnant woman whose body is not used to it.That said as someone else has noted I doubt if she could try that the in 1st trimester.Doctors recommend very light exercise for the first 12 weeks.

As an aside is it not funny that MEN who can never have pregnancy symptoms are the ones quick to say'pregnancy is not a disease' undecided undecided undecidedDifferent women react to different pregnancies in different ways.I had friends who were on bed rest right from the first trimester, one was even technically always on the bed just to keep the baby and even had to resign from her job..I think I worked 10 days till I had my daughter and walked like 3 miles the day I fell into labour.I was so strong, rarely threw up and never spat.My 2nd pregnancy was soo horrible cos I was as sick as a dog. I stopped work in the 7th month cos I could not cope.I had low blood pressure, my iron levels were perpetually low, I had migraines, pelvic pains etc.It was horrible and I just hated the fact that my body did not feel like my own.

So because this woman is lifting weights, it does not make women who may legitimately be ill lazy cows angry angry

4 Likes

Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by roxell120(m): 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
she is nt pregnant bt fibroid bump undecided
Re: A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? by Ominiriches(m): 11:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
wonderful woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else / Soweto Gay Teen Commits Suicide After Teacher Calls Him "Sissy Boy" (PICS) / COVID-19: Father Refuses To Accommodate Son Who Returned To Ekiti From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.