Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,106 members, 7,860,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:50 PM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65350 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 9:15am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 9:37am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ishilove: 9:40am On Dec 09, 2013
ITbomb:
OBJECTION !!!
Ever since I started dreaming of me and Ishilove nothing has happen, I no longer believe in dreams
Your dreams are x-rated that's why nothing has ever happened.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:10am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 11:24am On Dec 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: twice in one year?
what do you mean? undecided today is conception day ,and it doesn't happen twice in a year so I don't know what you are talking about. Elaborate please
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:34am On Dec 09, 2013
A word is enough for the wise....
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 11:36am On Dec 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: A word is enough for the wise....
can u b straightforward? undecided
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2013
POPE II: what do you mean? undecided today is conception day ,and it doesn't happen twice in a year so I don't know what you are talking about. Elaborate please
there was something similar when I first became a mod here
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 11:38am On Dec 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: there was something similar when I first became a mod here
when did you become a mod ?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:44am On Dec 09, 2013
POPE II: can u b straightforward? undecided
derailing seems fun to you
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by mumumugu(m): 11:52am On Dec 09, 2013
How many mary birthday are celebrated in a year

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by woky: 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: derailing seems fun to you
is that ^^ suppose to the answer
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
woky: is that ^^ suppose to the answer
apparently
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
mumumugu: How many mary birthday are celebrated in a year
conception is different from birthday care to read my request and explanations before jumping on conclusions
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
POPE II: what do you mean? undecided today is conception day ,and it doesn't happen twice in a year so I don't know what you are talking about. Elaborate please
I guess you missed this
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
POPE II: I guess you missed this
Request rejected.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
when is mary conceived? Was it stated in the bible?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
mumumugu: How many mary birthday are celebrated in a year
hw did they know when mary was born. Was the story of her birth in the bible?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by woky: 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Request rejected.

lolz

i thought as much..
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 12:47pm On Dec 09, 2013

why ?

I stand to be corrected, we Catholics don't come here to force you to adopt our teachings or justify our doctrines okay? So whether we celebrate the birthday of Mary twice in a year or not how does it concern you ? How and why does it pain you ? As long as it is in the teachings/doctrines of the holy mother church , I don't get what on earth makes you think you have the right to dismiss one of our holiday ? Am I missing smething? Your job as a mod is to forward our request to your bosses or execute it.

Furthermore are you trying to tell us what Catholic must celebrate and how they should honor Mary? The conception of Mary(honour b upon her) is an important date of our religious calendar , and the Catholics of this forum have the right to b informed about it, ignorance is not a disease but refusing to learn is one . You first started behaving as Mrs knowitall , calling the inception birthday tho . My dear when you don't know please ask .

7 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
bring that thread on the front page, this is not a favor it is our right on this forum, religious holiday are celebrated on the front page
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
Dude stop quoting me okay ? angry
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by woky: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
POPE II: why ?

I stand to be corrected, we Catholics don't come here to force you to adopt our teachings or justify our doctrines okay? So whether we celebrate the birthday of Mary twice in a year or not how does it concern you ? How and why does it pain you ? As long as it is in the teachings/doctrines of the holy mother church , I don't get what on earth makes you think you have the right to dismiss one of our holiday ? Am I missing smething? Your job as a mod is to forward our request to your bosses or execute it.

Furthermore are you trying to tell us what Catholic must celebrate and how they should honor Mary? The conception of Mary(honour b upon her) is an important date of our religious calendar , and the Catholics of this forum have the right to b informed about it, ignorance is not a disease but refusing to learn is one . You first started behaving as Mrs knowitall , calling the inception birthday tho . My dear when you don't know please ask .
dis post ^^ wil soon be hidden

u knw say truth no sweet atall
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
woky: dis post ^^ wil soon be hidden

u knw say truth no sweet atall
there's is no way you can hide something without reading it first.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2013

cheesy

Smh. *singing* Its a round round world!!!

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Troll: cheesy

Smh. *singing* Its a round round world!!!

Sexkillz got fired and people are rejoicing.

Dictators always think that they will be in power forever.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
POPE II: why ?

HBG, this comment got six likes.

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
Is Immaculate Conception a Holy Day of Obligation?

Question: Is Immaculate Conception a Holy Day of Obligation?

In the United States and other countries, the bishops have received permission from the Vatican to abrogate (temporarily waive) the requirement for Catholics to attend Mass on certain Holy Day of Obligation, when those Holy Days fall on either Saturday or Monday. Because of this, some Catholics have become confused about whether certain Holy Days are, in fact, Holy Days of Obligation. The Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception is one such holy day.

Answer: The Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, , is a Holy Day of Obligation. Because this feast honoring Mary, the Mother of God, celebrates one of the most important events in salvation history, it is never abrogated, even when December 8 falls on a Saturday or a Monday.

However, if December 8 falls on a Sunday (as in, for instance, 2013), the celebration of the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception is transferred to Monday, December 9, because Sundays in Advent take precedence over any other feast. When the celebration is transferred, rather than naturally falling on a Monday, the obligation to attend Mass does not transfer with it.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandholidays/f/Imm_Con_Holy.htm
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
Today the Church celebrates the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, the solemn dogma defined by Blessed Pope Pius IX in 1854. As Our Lady this is a holy day of obligation.

Through the centuries the Church has become ever more aware that Mary, "full of grace" through God, was redeemed from the moment of her conception. That is what the dogma of the Immaculate Conception confesses, as Blessed Pope Pius IX proclaimed on December 8, 1854: "The most Blessed Virgin Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and by virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, Saviour of the human race, preserved immune from all stain of original sin."

^^ now you know this is a special holy day and it is very different from the birthday of our mother, queen of heaven .
You are hereby encouraged to do the needful
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by woky: 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
POPE II: there's is no way you can hide something without reading it first.
somtimes she hide post without reading

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (96)

The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / Idowu Iluyomade Resigns Pastoral Appointment With RCCG / The Dangers Of Being A Prostitute In This Day And Age (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.