Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,729 members, 7,844,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

SE, SS, SW & Northern Global Youth Forum Commends President Goodluck Johnathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE, SS, SW & Northern Global Youth Forum Commends President Goodluck Johnathan (813 Views)

South West/yorubas Have Entered One Chance, Ss, Sw, Se Unity Is The Remedy.. / Emeka Offor Signs $10 Million To Carter Center For SE/SS Projects / Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SE, SS, SW & Northern Global Youth Forum Commends President Goodluck Johnathan by franchizy(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
At the resumed meeting on the Above forum held in Abuja on friday 20th September 2013, the forum commended President Goodluck Johnathan on his fight against Terorism, Corruption, Developmental stride and transparency especially his continued efforts in dislodging the Boko Haram sects and prosecution of all corrupt politicians and Nigerians.
It will be recalled that before the declaration of state of Emergency in three Northern states, the rate of bombing and killings were almost on a daily basis but for the fact that GEJ is concerned about the wellbeing and security of Nigerians, He unanimously declared an SOE using our galant military to dislodge the Boko Haram sects which has kept them into hiding and peace restored in the affected states.
The president is also bent fighting corruption. Dis we observed through the prosecution of all culprits in the subsidy fraud, Pension scam, Hon Farouk Lawal, senator saraki just to name but a few. Also the independence of the anti graft bodies and the stopage of selective prosecution also lays credence to this.
We recall that before GEJ came to power our roads, schools Airport, Healthcare, Electricity, Unemployment, transportation, all were crippled but in just Two years of GEJ Administration, our Airports are remodeled to world class. Our roads rehabilitated, our schools now in good shape that parents and Govt officials no longer send there children to study Abroad.
Our Health centres and hospitals fully equiped that it was in GEJ administration that a Liver transplant was undertaken in the history of Nigeria. The increase in teachers, Lecturers and Civil servants salary plus the introduction of Car and Housing loan lays credence to this.
We also delibrated on the FG and ASUU strike and as well held a brief discussion same day after our meeting with the NEEDS team, VP Sambo and representatives of ASUU and we appealed to ASUU to call of its strike for the intrest of the students and after an assurances by VP sambo to ASUU on the FG readiness to honour ASUU's demands, we are optimistic that within the next few days the strike would be called off.
We wish to appeal to all students to remain calm and law abiding, eschew peace and shun violence.
On the recent split in the PDP, we observed that this is a mere internal crisis in the party and we urge the Elders and every stakeholders in the party to resolve the crisis amicably rather than hiting the polity. We have talked with the agrieved members and appealed to them to broker a truce with the president amicably and show loyalty to the president as the leader of the party.
We condemned the violence in Ekiti state that claimed the live of few persons and we blame Gov Fayemi for this. We wish to inform the Governor to retrace his steps and know that nobody is above the Law. You don't fight your position with violence but rather your achievements counts for you.
Gov Feyemi should emulate president Goodluck who does not fight his perceived opposition but rather He goes for dialogue and peace.
Nigeria is our country, Her peace is our Peace, Her progress is our progress as well as Her unity.
In conclusion, we once again endorse GEJ for an unopposed automatic second term.
Re: SE, SS, SW & Northern Global Youth Forum Commends President Goodluck Johnathan by franchizy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
GEJ will lead Nigerians to the promise Land, we shud always thank our God for giving us GEJ as our president
Re: SE, SS, SW & Northern Global Youth Forum Commends President Goodluck Johnathan by Akpaife(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2013
Gej is d best tin dat can happen 2 Nig

Gej till 2019
Re: SE, SS, SW & Northern Global Youth Forum Commends President Goodluck Johnathan by Ojigho: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
@ thread. Sometimes I ask my self,are the youths really the future of tomorrow? When I see and hear the sort of comments the so -called youths of tomorrow make, I weep for this country. So the country is at peace right now? So this is the type and level of growth and development a country of 53 years can aspire to achieve? Please don't even try to sell me the "what did the north and west do when they were in power bullshit" cause it won't fly. There are times I wish and pray things improve,but I also see it that some of us are comfortable with the way things are,to them,as long as their "person" is at the helm,even if the country goes down,nothing spoil. When will we start asking pertinent questions as to where we are heading as a nation? When would we as youths look back into time at the mistakes our fathers made and make it a duty to right those wrongs? My only submission is may God help Nigeria.
Re: SE, SS, SW & Northern Global Youth Forum Commends President Goodluck Johnathan by franchizy(m): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ojigho: @ thread. Sometimes I ask my self,are the youths really the future of tomorrow? When I see and hear the sort of comments the so -called youths of tomorrow make, I weep for this country. So the country is at peace right now? So this is the type and level of growth and development a country of 53 years can aspire to achieve? Please don't even try to sell me the "what did the north and west do when they were in power bullshit" cause it won't fly. There are times I wish and pray things improve,but I also see it that some of us are comfortable with the way things are,to them,as long as their "person" is at the helm,even if the country goes down,nothing spoil. When will we start asking pertinent questions as to where we are heading as a nation? When would we as youths look back into time at the mistakes our fathers made and make it a duty to right those wrongs? My only submission is may God help Nigeria.

Until u realize dat GEJ ve painstakenly lifted dis country to a higher ground, I guess u will attain a greater height. Tell me which past president has done half of wat GEJ has done. U know d truth but u wil neva say it and I guess u r a yoruba by tribe hence I'm not suprise of ur words
Re: SE, SS, SW & Northern Global Youth Forum Commends President Goodluck Johnathan by Peinstein: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
Sometimes I feel GEJ is saddled with lazy sympathizers, do you really think that in 2013 stories like SW, SS, SE and Northern Global youth forum said bla bla bla is an achievement. If you want to praise GEJ please post tangible projects like others do, we will appreciate that better.
Re: SE, SS, SW & Northern Global Youth Forum Commends President Goodluck Johnathan by Ojigho: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
@ franchizy,if not that I want to argue my points objectively,I would have called you a fool. We are talking about issues,you guys just go about spewing tribal tirades. So since I don't choose to take sides and look at things from a myopic point of view,i'm Yoruba right? People like you are the reason why some people think nothing good can never come out of this country. Has the standard of living in thus country ever been thus bad? Has corruption in the corridors of power ever been this bad,has oil bunkering ever been this high,has the country ever been this polarized? Can doing 5 positive things and 10 negative things be categorized as making progress? Please the next time you want to spread your tribal rubbish,don't try it near me cause I know the Niger Delta better than your ilk,and i'm a bonafide son of Delta State.

(1) (Reply)

From The Archives: I Will Not Contest In 2015 Election Says Jonathan / Governor Okorocha And The Local Government Cash Pot (part 3) / EXPOSED! Former President, 8 Governors, Senators To Dump Jonathan For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.