Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,392 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! (16099 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup / Eagles Missed Me At Brazil / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Jeezyy(m): 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
I can see naija winning this world cup

1 Like

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by CrazyGooner(m): 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Jeezyy: I can see naija winning this world cup
wake up u dey kick wall grin grin grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by johnwizey: 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
For your dream ba?
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by awesomebenji(m): 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Henry praise: I honestly tink ethiopia shud be a team to watch out for in d WC, dey av it all grin grin
This is basically d most senseless comment of d century. End of time is really worrying u.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Goke7: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
I just hope the guys tearing the Eagles apart here will not find it difficult to eat their words when the eagles begin to excel. The X-factor in that team is that they are not easy to predict especially the players.

whoever believed that Mikel could score such a wonderful goal last Saturday!

The Confederation's cup is still what people are using to judge the eagles [despite the absence of onazi, moses and Emenike].

The combination of onazi, mikel and Igiebor can give serious headaches to the best of midfield combination on earth.

why? they play in the best of leagues in Europe; Italy, England and Spain.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by awesomebenji(m): 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Syenite: NIGERIA:
......Enyeama(Lile)
Ambrose(Celtic) Omeruoh(Chelsea) Obaobona(Turkish Club) Echiejile(Braga)
Onazi(Lazio) ........Mikel(Chelsea)
..........Oduamadi(AC Milan)
Musa(CSKA) Emenike(Fernabache) Moses(Liverpool)
Others:
Ameobi(Newcastle)
Ideye(Dynamo Kiev)
Igiebor(Real Betis)
Nsofor(Lokomotive Moskow)
Nwofor(Dutch club)
Ogu(Colombus crew)
Mba(Enugu Rangers)
Egueke(Warri Wolves)
Anichebe(Westbrom)
Odemwingie(Cardiff)
Ike Uche(Vila Real)
Kalu Uche(Turkish Club)
Ajayi(Arsenal)
Future acquisitions:
Chuba Akpom(Arsenal)
Jordan Ibe(Liverpool)
Tiago Ilori(Liverpool)
Imoh Ezekiel(Standard Liege)
If I wasn't a Nigerian, I'll be full of fear because of dizzzz foreign clubs paraded by dizzzz guys. Well, as optimistic has always been our encouraging word, I still giv d s.eagles 60% success @ d W.C.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by CrazyGooner(m): 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Goke7: I just hope the guys tearing the Eagles apart here will not find it difficult to eat their words when the eagles begin to excel. The X-factor in that team is that they are not easy to predict especially the players.

The Confederation's cup is still what people are using to judge the eagles [despite the absence of onazi, moses and Emenike].

The combination of onazi, mikel and Igiebor can give serious headaches to the best of midfield combination on earth.

we all want the super eagles to do well, but a realistic target should be the quarter finals.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by charsreal(m): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
I personally think that Nigeria has a team good enough to shock the world in Brazil, all we need now is to strengthen the team in certain areas and we are gud 2 go.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Goke7: 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite: BELGIUM

Simply full of top players and it seems they are having a golden generation.

------------------------------------------------------Mignolet (Liverpool)

Alderweireld (A. Madrid)-------------Kompany (Man City)------------------Vermaelen (Arsenal)-------------Vertonghen (Spurs)

------------------------------------------------------Simons (C. Brugges)

----------------------------------------------Fellaini (Man U)

-----------------------Hazard (Chelsea)---------------------------------------------- Dembele (Spurs)

------------------------------------------------------------------Lukaku (Chelsea/Everton)

--------------------------------------------------Benteke (Aston Villa)

Other names

Courtois (A. Madrid) - Best Goalkeeper in La Liga in 2012-2013 season.
Van Buyten (Bayern Munich) - Champions League winner La Liga in 2012-2013 season.
De Bruyne (Chelsea)
Defour (Porto)
Mirallas (Everton)

These guys for me are the bomb o! I watched a friendly game between this team and France, oh boy the standard of soccer that day despite being a goaless match, was at its highest peak. The truth is everyone is already aware of their threat. I only pray they will be able to overcome all the hype before the world cup begin to give a spectacular performance if not their case may be like Ivory Coast with all the drogbas and toures of this world.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by CrazyGooner(m): 1:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
charsreal: I personally think that Nigeria has a team good enough to shock the world in Brazil, all we need now is to strengthen the team in certain areas and we are gud 2 go.
no be club side wey dey buy players. grin grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Goke7: 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
CrazyGooner: we all want the super eagles to do well, but a realistic target should be the quarter finals.

I agree with you, a quarter final target is okay for me, any team that gets to the quarter final in a world cup has excelled.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
lexyman:
Well i will agree with u to an extent, but to that of play speed , the eagles increase the tempo of their games based on the strength of their opponent and it has really helped us in the past , we got punished against Uruguay and spain due to slow recovery rate of our wing back they leave gaps in behind which was exploited by good counter attack displayed by the Uruguay's and the spaniard . This Ineffectiveness of our wing back has cost us a lot if u watch Cavani's goal and suarez 's goal came from lack of concentratration of our wing back , especially our right back , Like u have mentioned the Eagles lack of precision at set pieces is worrisome as well. The Eagles earned a slew of corners and free kicks against their recent opponents , Uruguay , spain , and malawi none of which were effectively utilised. In tight games against disciplined defences, the difference between victory and defeat, could be a well executed set piece routine. Obviously something the Super Eagles are particularly not too proficient in. More work is needed on the training ground. The competition in the team is good and it will give room for improvement .

. .... I agreed with most of ur points but I wish we play a friendly match with any of those 3teams u have mentioned .

And don't forget , super eagles is still under rebuilding process and with time we will become indomitable .

Ditto.

Agreed.

elrony, I have changed the formation of Colombia to reflect the oversight of Rodrigeuz before.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
Roland17: I concur 100% with sagmite, our national team lacks that player that can influence a match, we lack that leader that is technically sound and that can dominate the game, I mean.. A game changer...teams like Colombia, Belgium, even a team with players like chile with Vidal(juve)who I think is the best player in the seria a, Vargas (gremio) Sanchez(Barcelona), isla (juve) and not forgetting pizzaro of fiorentina.

Our chances in the World Cup would depend on the group we find ourselves, hopefully this time FIFA keeps Argentina away from us in the group stages.

Chile is another team to watch out for but they are not in my top 3 of underground danger. They are 4th.

They were, for me, the most exciting team to watch in WC2010.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
Davo93: Nice info on SE but that your predicted first eleven, please delete Oduamadi, he's a fine player but i don't prefer him there. A 3-man upfront of Moses+Emenike+Odewingie will destroy teams

I completely agree.

I just don't think Odems would ever be invited to SE again that is why I did not put him on the list.

But if he was, then that is our best offensive line.

A very dangerous one too.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Goke7: 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

This is not a thread for senseless comments.

Like the one you just spewed out here.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
Unfortunately for them, the best result they can get is semi final - and only 1 will reach there. Just another Ghana or Croatia.

The usual suspects will win: Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, France, Holland
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by ladeski: 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
DrKlever: The two teams that I thinK might pull supprises in th WC are Belgium and Nigeria. Portugal has nothing to offer even with a classic player like Christiano Ronaldo.
true dat. he aint no maradona
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by adegwurulez(m): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
as at the time keshi released list of players for afcon, i didn't believe the team will make it to the semis but we all knw what happened afterwards... All this team needs is our support and thats what we should do, not insulting the players and the coach. I personally tnk that if this team plays its best q/finals will nt be a distant dream

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Josh316(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite: PORTUGAL

Strong team line up with a red hot weapon.

------------------------------------------------------Eduardo (Braga)

Pereira (Valencia)--------------Pepe (Real Madrid)---------------------Alves (Fenerbache)-------------Coentrao (Real Madrid)

------------------------------------------------------Veloso (Dynamo Kiev)

-----------------------Meireles (Chelsea)---------------------------------------------- Moutinho (Monaco)

-----------------Nani (Man U)-------------------------------------------------------------C.Ronaldo (Real Madrid)

---------------------------------------------------------Postiga (Valencia)

Worth Mentioning

Danny (Zenit) - Russian League most expensive player.
Hugo Vianna (Besiktas)

Meireles isn't with Chelsea anymore, but nice one man!
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Davo93(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

I completely agree.

I just don't think Odems would ever be invited to SE again that is why I did not put him on the list.

But if he was, then that is our best offensive line.

A very dangerous one too.
Thats true but how long will Keshi go down with this guy?? I am sure Odewingie is better than Any front man in the SE saving Emenike & Moses that are also doing great!
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by bigbablo(m): 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
Belgium reminds me of Holland. Winning the World Cup goes beyond having a strong line up of players for every position.

Belgium will not go beyond the 2nd round, but might get to QF, just if they meet one of the two weaker teams to make it to 2nd round.

Portugal have always had a strong line up, but find it very easy to disappoint at the WC. If i go further, I will be called a C Ron Hater!

@OP, Is Uruguay on your underrated team list?
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
JOSEPH
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
HEY OP!
INTRESETING THREAD BY A CRETINOUS person
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
safarigirl: ARGE wetin? The ones who could only get one kwekwe-looking goal past us when we still had a dysfunctional team on top their Messi? You for even talk Colombia make I fear, those niqqas are madt.

We've always had a decent performance against Argentina. With Maradona, they managed to beat us 2-1 in 1994, with Crespo, Batistuta and co, they dominated us from beginning to end in 2002 but only won by 1-0, in 2010, with Messi, they always won by 1-0. We've also beaten them with 3-1 in 2011 even if it's friendly before they organized another friendly with Messi to revenge 3-1. At age grade, their 2 goals to win 2-1 in Undey-20 with Messi in 2005 were from spotkicks, while our goal came from open play. In 2008 olympics final, they struggled to beat us 1-0, courtesy Di Maria. In Olympics 96 we beat them.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
Babzilla: HEY OP!
INTRESETING THREAD BY A CRETINOUS person

Only cretinous fucktards spell "interesting" as "intreseting".

Which Abule High School English teacher taught you? grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by emmasege: 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
U are right bro. I can't think of any country now with a formidable midfield as Nigeria apart from Spain. How many Nigerians believed we could win the AFCON this year, when a lot of Nigerians had written them off. I pray that this team remains intact with no injury worries and without Sanballats and Tobiahs (odemwingies), so that Naija can once again shock the world in 2014.
Goke7: I just hope the guys tearing the Eagles apart here will not find it difficult to eat their words when the eagles begin to excel. The X-factor in that team is that they are not easy to predict especially the players.

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
Goke7:

Like the one you just spewed out here.

Where?

I am the one saying something as senseless as because people play in a league, they are one of the best? Like if they are the only ones or Nigeria is the only country that have players in those leagues?

Did you think before you posted that?
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Austeenxx: 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
The funniest thing I read today:

"Mirallas is now a Napoli player" grin

That dude must be mistaking Dries Mertens for Mirallas. grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Josh316:
Meireles isn't with Chelsea anymore, but nice one man!

True!

Fenebache.

Thanks.

Davo93: Thats true but how long will Keshi go down with this guy?? I am sure Odewingie is better than Any front man in the SE saving Emenike & Moses that are also doing great!

You don't say all the shyt he said without serious consequences.

Or serious arselicking to get forgiveness.

That said, the guy is fantastic and one of our best players. It is a shame.

Jarus: Unfortunately for them, the best result they can get is semi final - and only 1 will reach there. Just another Ghana or Croatia.

The usual suspects will win: Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, France, Holland

Holland never win am before na. grin tongue

I think Holland and France have as much chance as Portugal has.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Donates Wheelchairs And Crutches To Nigerians With Disabilities / Eden Hazard And Mesuit Ozil Claim Best Player As London Derby Nears / Free Soccer Predictions, Football Tips For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.