Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! (16117 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup / Eagles Missed Me At Brazil / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by AjanleKoko: 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
My thoughts on WC 2014:

- Brazil will likely win it.
- Argentina has an outside chance, if they can get to the final. If Germany run into them along the way, it's goodnight sweetheart embarassed
- Neither Italy nor Germany have a chance. Spain will get to the semis at least, but won't win.
- Dangerous dark horses are : Belgium, Chile, France, Holland. Maybe Colombia.

- The African teams will be well-beaten as usual. I am hoping for at least a 2nd-round showing from Nigeria. Maybe even quarters, but to get that, we would have to win our group, which is quite hard these days to do. We generally fall before the giant teams, unless they are really bad.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
bigbablo: Belgium reminds me of Holland. Winning the World Cup goes beyond having a strong line up of players for every position.

Belgium will not go beyond the 2nd round, but might get to QF, just if they meet one of the two weaker teams to make it to 2nd round.

Portugal have always had a strong line up, but find it very easy to disappoint at the WC. If i go further, I will be called a C Ron Hater!

@OP, Is Uruguay on your underrated team list?

No.

Not even in my top 4.

Jarus:

We've always had a decent performance against Argentina. With Maradona, they managed to beat us 2-1 in 1994, with Crespo, Batistuta and co, they dominated us from beginning to end in 2002 but only won by 1-0, in 2010, with Messi, they always won by 1-0. We've also beaten them with 3-1 in 2011 even if it's friendly before they organized another friendly with Messi to revenge 3-1. At age grade, their 2 goals to win 2-1 in Undey-20 with Messi in 2005 were from spotkicks, while our goal came from open play. In 2008 olympics final, they struggled to beat us 1-0, courtesy Di Maria. In Olympics 96 we beat them.

We beat them 4-1, not 3-1.

To me, it was technically 4-0 because the last minute penalty was bollocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od34R5_YAcQ
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Goke7: 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Where?

I am the one saying something as senseless as because people play in a league, they are one of the best? Like if they are the only ones or Nigeria is the only country that have players in those leagues?

Did you think before you posted that?

Keep on describing yourself, am really enjoying this lol
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
Goke7:

Keep on describing yourself, am really enjoying this lol

Next time think before you talk.

That is what a good education should teach you.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Goke7: 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Next time think before you talk.

That is what a good education should teach you.

Same to you Mr. Teacher
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nigerians are so patriotic. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See as people dey give Syenite's post 'Likes', as if Nigeria would be the one to win the whole thing. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by wayodude(m): 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Guys please dont be using the fact that we were able to surprise people at the last AFCON as a barometer for measuring our strengths. Beating Ethiopia, CIV, Mali and Burkina Faso is very different from holding your own against established teams in the world cup. Even the usual 3rd rate teams i.e. Switzerland, Ecuador, Mexico, USA, Turkey, Japan, Greece etc (i guess you know what i mean by 3rd rate) are as strong as our current team. on our day we can beat them and on their day they'll beat us tidy!

As for the 2nd rate teams i.e. England, Portugal, Belgium, Sweden, etc (again i guess you know what i mean) will be confident in beating us rountinely!

Then the 1st rate teams (world class teams i.e Spain, Germany, Holland, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, France) apart from blind patriotism that tells you otherwise we have almost no chance!!...we can beat them on a very very good day but the good money is on them beating us without getting out of 1st gear.

with this analysis 2nd round is a good showing (we are still celebrating the 2nd round showing of 20yrs ago). A Quaterfinal appearance will be hugely successfull and the players will return to Nigeria as heroes forever, fact!

I wont say anything about a semi or final appearance because the fact is as at today, this is very very unlikely , nigh on impossible!

The bookies are offering odds of 250 to 1 on Nigeria winning the world cup. I guess that says it all....thats about the same odds you'll get on Aston Villa winning the Premiership. Nuff said.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Rasheed02(m): 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ogbeche77: waoooh.. You mean all this beast are Belgian Nationals?
Belgium is a team to watch out for come 2014 WC, what's there status in the current WCQ series??
thet have already qualified,they topped their group...no play-off
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by longbush: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
Syenite: Omeruo is in Chelsea and Odemwingie is in Cardiff. Nigeria has a good team. We need to test our mights again top European teams if we qualify for Brazil.
Worth Mentioning: Sone Aluko (Hull City), Haruna Lukman (Dynamo Kiev), Fegor Ogude( Valarenga Norway)Sunday Mba ( Enugu Rangers), Joseph Yobo (Fernabache) etc.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Hearme(m): 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
CrazyGooner: forgot jan vertonghen & nacer chadli of spur, and courtois is their no 1 goalie.

how about Alex Witsel. Former Benfica star now in Russia.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
wayodude: Guys please dont be using the fact that we were able to surprise people at the last AFCON as a barometer for measuring our strengths. Beating Ethiopia, CIV, Mali and Burkina Faso is very different from holding your own against established teams in the world cup. Even the usual 3rd rate teams i.e. Switzerland, Ecuador, Mexico, USA, Turkey, Japan, Greece etc (i guess you know what i mean by 3rd rate) are as strong as our current team. on our day we can beat them and on their day they'll beat us tidy!

As for the 2nd rate teams i.e. England, Portugal, Belgium, Sweden, etc (again i guess you know what i mean) will be confident in beating us rountinely!

Then the 1st rate teams (world class teams i.e Spain, Germany, Holland, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, France) apart from blind patriotism that tells you otherwise we have almost no chance!!...we can beat them on a very very good day but the good money is on them beating us without getting out of 1st gear.

with this analysis 2nd round is a good showing (we are still celebrating the 2nd round showing of 20yrs ago). A Quaterfinal appearance will be hugely successfull and the players will return to Nigeria as heroes forever, fact!

I wont say anything about a semi or final appearance because the fact is as at today, this is very very unlikely , nigh on impossible!

The bookies are offering odds of 250 to 1 on Nigeria winning the world cup. I guess that says it all....thats about the same odds you'll get on Aston Villa winning the Premiership. Nuff said.

So brilliantly said!
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Only cretinous fucktards spell "interesting" as "intreseting".

Which Abule High School English teacher taught you? grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Only cretinous fucktards spell "interesting" as "intreseting".

Which Abule High School English teacher taught you? grin
ITS CALLED A TYPOGRAPHIC ERROR OR TYPO 4 SHORT
BUT THEN ONLY A CRETINOUS PRODUCT OF ABULE HIGH SCHOOL
WHO IS ALSO THE NATIONS NO.1FUCKTARD WILL FAIL 2 C THE MESSAGE
AND LET INCONSEQUENTIAL ERRORS CLOUD HIS SIGHT? tongue
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by ladeski: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
CrazyGooner: He is still an Everton player.
Both of you are right.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by pickabeau1: 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Brazil - too reliant on neymar - QF berth, Semi final at best

Argentina - may grow into it - They are showing some grit

Spain - see finish...

Germans - can they do it this time
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
Babzilla:
ITS CALLED A TYPOGRAPHIC ERROR OR TYPO 4 SHORT
BUT THEN ONLY A CRETINOUS PRODUCT OF ABULE HIGH SCHOOL
WHO IS ALSO THE NATIONS NO.1FUCKTARD WILL FAIL 2 C THE MESSAGE
AND LET INCONSEQUENTIAL ERRORS CLOUD HIS SIGHT? tongue

It is called the effects of being product of a failed education system.

And fucktards like that type in capital letters. grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by wayodude(m): 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Like we saw in the confed cup,it will take something more than special to beat Brazil when playing at home. The further they get in the tournament the harder it would be to knock them out.

Not many teams manage to beat Spain 3 nil in a competitive game.

Argentina while having a very good team will have almost zero neutral support in Brazil so that may be a factor too. Imagine Nigeria hosting a World Cup, i am sure not many Nigerians 'neutrals' will be cheering Cameroun when they take to the field. Forget all the talk about one africa lol

I was in Nigeria during Nigeria 99 World Youth Tournament and I was in the stadium in Bauchi to see the USA v Cameroun group match. All the Camerounians got were boos from 'us' me inclusive! cheesy

They lost 3-1 or something like that LoL

pickabeau1: Brazil - too reliant on neymar - QF berth, Semi final at best

Argentina - may grow into it - They are showing some grit

Spain - see finish...

Germans - can they do it this time

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
wayodude: Like we saw in the confed cup,it will take something more than special to beat Brazil when playing at home. The further they get in the tournament the harder it would be to knock them out.

Argentina while having a very good team will have almost zero neutral support in Brazil so that may be a factor too. Imagine Nigeria hosting a World Cup, i am sure not many Nigerians 'neutrals' will be cheering Cameroun when they take to the field. Forget all the talk about one africa lol

I was in Nigeria during Nigeria 99 World Youth Tournament and I was in the stadium in Bauchi to see the USA v Cameroun group match. All the Camerounians got were boos from 'us' me inclusive! cheesy

Since they are next door to Brazil, and they are reasonably affluent on average, it would be their supporters that would pack the stadiums when they play.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by AbuMikey(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
We are our own washed enemies!!! angry

Naija for 3rd Place,no gimmicks!!

#OnlyTimeWillTell
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by jeebz: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hearme:

how about Alex Witsel. Former Benfica star now in Russia.
It's Axel Witsel , currently playing alongside Hulk at Zenit St Petersburg.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by pickabeau1: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Good points but i have my doubts about Brazil's mental strength and thier seeming over reliance on neymar to provide the magick

Scolari willgo dirty

Argentina seems to be getting some spine where it matters now - at the bACK

wayodude: Like we saw in the confed cup,it will take something more than special to beat Brazil when playing at home. The further they get in the tournament the harder it would be to knock them out.

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by adino(m): 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite: BELGIUM

Simply full of top players and it seems they are having a golden generation.

------------------------------------------------------Mignolet (Liverpool)

Alderweireld (A. Madrid)-------------Kompany (Man City)------------------Vermaelen (Arsenal)-------------Vertonghen (Spurs)

------------------------------------------------------Simons (C. Brugges)

----------------------------------------------Fellaini (Man U)

-----------------------Hazard (Chelsea)---------------------------------------------- Dembele (Spurs)

------------------------------------------------------------------Lukaku (Chelsea/Everton)

--------------------------------------------------Benteke (Aston Villa)

Other names

Courtois (A. Madrid) - Best Goalkeeper in La Liga in 2012-2013 season.
Van Buyten (Bayern Munich) - Champions League winner La Liga in 2012-2013 season.
De Bruyne (Chelsea)
Defour (Porto)
Mirallas (Everton)

So all these criminals are in Belgian National Team, what a golden generation.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by pickabeau1: 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
@Sagamite the problem with the Belgian team imo is the lack of a tactically superior coach who will compensate for their lack of tourney experience
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
pickabeau1: Good points but i have my doubts about Brazil's mental strength and thier seeming over reliance on neymar to provide the magick

Scolari willgo dirty

Argentina seems to be getting some spine where it matters now - at the bACK

Lets not deceive ourselves. If Neymar is removed from the Brazil equation, Brazil would still be able to beat virtually any national team.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by jeebz: 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
pickabeau1: @Sagamite the problem with the Belgian team imo is the lack of a tactically superior coach who will compensate for their lack of tourney experience
They've got Marc Wilmots, a very good player in his time.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by HisMajesty1(m): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
Like have been mentioned earlier, a combination of Moses-Emenike-Osaze for Naija will spring positive suprises... I don't know why Keshi finds it hard to forgive that dude and bring him back.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
pickabeau1: @Sagamite the problem with the Belgian team imo is the lack of a tactically superior coach who will compensate for their lack of tourney experience

Honestly, I don't think there is anything like 'tourney experience' that can have negative impact for any major European team.

And there are Managers that have done well without prior glories before.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by pickabeau1: 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Lets not deceive ourselves. If Neymar is removed from the Brazil equation, Brazil would still be able to beat virtually any national team.

Hmmm.... not sure.. without neymar this team is just like the 2010 team....we all saw how it panned out.

.belgium..imo the jury is out.... marc wilmots was in the 90 team right?
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by pickabeau1: 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Honestly, I don't think there is anything like 'tourney experience' that can have negative impact for any major European team.

And there are Managers that have done well without prior glories before.

Not sure...at this level....

Last 5 world cups

Brazil mario zagallo n scolari------ experienced

Italy -------- trappatoni ----- experience

Viscount del bosque ------ experience

Beckenbauer ---- experience
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
pickabeau1:

Not sure...at this level....

Last 5 world cups

Brazil mario zagallo n scolari------ experienced

Italy -------- trappatoni ----- experience

Viscount del bosque ------ experience

Beckenbauer ---- experience

I doubt (I have not checked) Beckenbauer had any winning experience as a coach before he took West Germany to be WC winners.

And Klinsmann had no experience when he took Germany to a WC Semi.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Katsumoto: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

I doubt (I have not checked) [b]Beckenbauer [/b]had any winning experience as a coach before he took West Germany to be WC winners.

And Klinsmann had no experience when he took Germany to a WC Semi.

He was also coach in 86 in Mexico.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eden Hazard And Mesuit Ozil Claim Best Player As London Derby Nears / Obafemi Martins Donates Wheelchairs And Crutches To Nigerians With Disabilities / Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.