Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Group Sues ASUU Over Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Group Sues ASUU Over Strike (19341 Views)

ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report / Father Sues ASUU Over Strike / FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by damosky12(m): 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
Thats very assuistic
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by brownlord: 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
Which one be Poverty Alleviation Advocacy and Justice Initiative again, everybody just dey talk.

No be only PAAJI why not paliji biscuit nonsence.

1 Like

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by tobex23(m): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
XVIER: u fit do job for person make e talk say he go complete ur payment next year?? abeg dey think.

no mind am, make hin dey yarn balls there....these FG is just U.SELESS!!they claimed they paid part, the remaining would be paid Next year,,,,when next year comes now, they wont pay, ASUU would now be forced to go on another strike which would probably be very long, cos the closer we are to 2015 the less important other things are to FG...so its better they collect what they want now!!

1 Like

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by donphilopus: 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
All these talks concerning the strike don tire me jor..
The next News i want to hear from ASUU, is that their demands have been met and the Strike has been Called Off with immediate effect..
I am looking forward to hearing that.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Ask4bigneyo(m): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
To bro jona n whoever org dt is behind d long awaited strike....
If una no END this strike by this TYM next week, the THINGS that happened in october 1st last year will happen again...? Shikenah[b][/b]
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Tytguy: 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
so lets say ASUU decides to pay for damages,who will collect the claim money?
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Godwinsilas(m): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
Why can't you guys understand that education play a vital role in a country build up, if Nigeria is able to meet up with educational standard then our student can be train in most professional course like medical field, enginearing science etc. If we have these then we don't need to travel abroad or giving contract to the chineese that doesn't know how thing are run here in naija.

Support ASUU and let meet up with educational standard if that's the only thing we are able to archieve it's something, they are fighting for our future.

3 Likes

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Ogundale(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
Like this comment if u want ASUU strike called off.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by elrony(m): 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
Davo93: Nice development. I don't care if they are been sponsored by FG or not, all i am concerned about is that enough is enough!!! I have problem with ASUU going on that strike in the first place, so i will support any action against the strike to end it. And you FG, your own case na sorry... i dey come

3 Likes

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by tobex23(m): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ogundale: Like this comment if u want ASUU strike called off.

it is this type of comment that makes me wonder why didnt he put 'UNLIKE' beside report,quote....
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by tobex23(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
[quote author=elrony][/quote]

my source has it that it is one irrelevant person like that!!!

1 Like

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by elrony(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kizment: [color=#550000][/color][b][/b] angryASUU has been payed so amount and govt promise to complete it next year so wat is ASUU problem. Why are dey greedy

Hey yo!!

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by macdelene(m): 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
;DSues ASUU? Its film we are ! It is film we dey!! Its film we were. Carry on
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by tobex23(m): 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
elrony:

Hey yo!!

u suppose no ask am, it is glaring that he is!
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Jamesbrian: 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
As if they have forgotten we are in Nigeria
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by olempe(m): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
spongeback: This guys are nuts how can they sue people fighting for justice •

I wonder, some people are pretty senseless!!!
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by lurvy: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
adetaiwo157: hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....ETT

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by ebucha: 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
The problem with ASUU is that they go on strike when ever it pleases them with out considering the students they received fee from. A student pays the stipulated fee for a section/ semester, register his/her courses for the section/semester thereby going into a one section/semester contract with the school. ASUU wakes up when ever it pleases and go on strike thus,breaching the agreement they signed with the student at the beggining of an academic section. I'm not against them, but against their "selfish" disposition to students.

2 Likes

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by highmood(m): 3:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
Am no more a student but I think ASUU strike is taken a political dimension. Because notwithstanding their demands for proper funding etc, it doesn't stop those schools from increasing the tuition fees. So my questions is what do they do with the money collected from the students as tuition and miscellaneous since our schools are presently in a state of decay? Even with the huge amount of money collected, there is nothing on ground to indicate that the money has been properly utilized(Corruption everywhere. Pots calling kettles black) Federal government on its part should honour the agreements reached and also ensure they checkmate the activities of the school managements strictly because when two elephants fights, its the ground that suffers it most. Like a nairalander asked, why is none of our schools among the best 100. To be frank, the last time I checked we were not among the best 300. And for us to be among the first 100 our education system must not be taken for granted by every stakeholders in the education sector. So sueing a particular group will not solve the problem but rather making each group understand that the students are suffering at home and even the little they've been taught are deserting them rapidly.

3 Likes

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by mashin(m): 3:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
How many of these same group sued the FG over non-implementation of subsidy report and other corruption tendencies. Some civil societies dont knw why they exist.

1 Like

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
wrench: Bullshit

In addition, an absolute waste of time. In proverbs, why leaving the centre of the drum to go beat corners? grin Mtchew
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by valdetino(m): 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
How will that help to call-off the strike so soon?
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by kilo88: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nigeria is a comedy state.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by nerodenero: 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hearme: FG sponsored
Not all and quit saying what you dont know.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Tunagy: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
God save us 4 ds naija oo
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Danieltskaa: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
Jonathan on his course again....
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by lexrichy(m): 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
jovie50: abeg make another group sue FG, so that d negotiations go serious!!!!
who get mind sue fg,why can't u sue d fg.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by McLuhan(m): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
This is a clownish exhibition of misguided zealousness by a gang of mercenaries. How come they haven't asked the court to determine whether the Federal Government is in breach of the ASUU/FGN Agreement? And why haven't they sued the Federal Government as co-defendants? In whom does the Constitution vest the responsility of providing education for the Nigerian citizenry? Is it ASUU or is it the Government? Nigeria will never develop until Nigerians learn to reject the crumbs that fall from the tables of power and learn instead to stand up for their rights. Any right-thinking person will realise that the Federal Government is to blame for the current impasse in our federal universities. But when people's minds are beclouded by filthy lucre, then obviously one cannot expect them to think logically. Instead, they will argue that the Federal Government is not responsible for any agreements it signed and that a labour union has no right to demand that the legitimate allowances of its members be paid. Such people will even allege that anyone who demands qualitative education is a traitor and should be summarily executed for trying to cause a social upheaval. It is quite a pathetic case of self-inflicted paranoia but it exists in Nigeria nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Abdogood(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
ASUU should allow to go to NYSC. One year for house. No be joke ooo. I don tire. ASUU & FG let us go. ASUU should allow to go to NYSC. One year for house. No be joke ooo. I don tire. ASUU & FG let us go.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2013
what do they mean now? That ASUU demand for FG to meet terms of agreement is illegal? That the demand for standardizing university facilities for effective research and studies is illegal? That Nigerian students should be groomed in underequipped universities? That lecturers don't have right like other citizens to make demands either for their welfare package or to help facilitate better service delivery? I'm sure those who sue ASUU don't have their children in any Nigerian universities.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by maxwelljohn525: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
Wanna sue dem too
18+ only read www.writerstab.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
Infact, this group is likened to boko haram; they target the wrong people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Bells University Graduates 21 Students With 1st Class Degrees / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / Job Oyebisi StanLab Wins £20,000 British Council Ideas Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.