Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,478 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Group Sues ASUU Over Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Group Sues ASUU Over Strike (19355 Views)

ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report / Father Sues ASUU Over Strike / FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by brown938: 3:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sue or no sue. All I want is that the strike should be cut off very soon.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by JesusAmbassador(f): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
There is an evil happening under the sun,the bible says "the latter shall be greater than the former" why is our own generation different? We hear how our parent enjoyed the olden days,ours is suppose to be different. But the demonic oppression from our greedy leader are putting our future under siege and stagnation. We need God!
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Arlex(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hearme: FG sponsored
Without any shadow Of doubt i am sure d group is sponsored by d fg
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by ennon92(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
tobex_23: sometimes when i see people blame ASUU, i just wonder, is it that these people are daft or they are just been pathetic, while sue people for fighting for there rights, why not sue the FG for not paying them, arent they entitled to it, same goes to that old man that sued them, whatever could be the reason for them to wake up one day and think the next thing to do is SUE!! For the love of God, most of them dont even no the meaning of that SUE o....awon alainise se jatijati!!!
They ought to av sued the duo-(FG n ASUU)though...come to think of it, ASUU has no legal right to embark on strike based on a mere disagreement between them,aren't we (students) paying exorbitant school fees in some federal n state varsities?. Why can't they make do with any other means that is effective in showing their grievances, instead joining hands with d useless FG to paralyse the educational sector? Personally,I think ASUU re set of cabals; y re they even collecting salaries that they didn't work for since d commencement of the strike,I thought they re fighting for our rights...The aftermath of this disheartening strike has led to increase in social vices be it deliquencies,prostitution,thuggery, extortion or wut aview. In a news day b4 yesterday,I heard that a senior lecturer in unilag was killed by an unknown gunman...Even if the FG approve d 2009 agreement,it won't stop them(lecturers) 4rm collecting bribes,sleeping with d female students for awarding marks,selling shoddy handouts outrageously,some won't even come to lecture on time, while some insult student's parent as if they re the cause of their predicament.
By n large, its high time they seek and found a lasting solutions to this methodology...
#CRAZYPEOPLE.

2 Likes

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by mercurie(f): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
Just because they heard a parent sued, they want 2 follow 2 do same like zombies
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by deebrain(m): 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
everybody seems to be suing (olodos, please understand ) everybody.... hmmm..... I think i will join them. (looking for who to sue on nairaland) angry
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Femistico(m): 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
tobex_23: sometimes when i see people blame ASUU, i just wonder, is it that these people are daft or they are just been pathetic, while sue people for fighting for there rights, why not sue the FG for not paying them, arent they entitled to it, same goes to that old man that sued them, whatever could be the reason for them to wake up one day and think the next thing to do is SUE!! For the love of God, most of them dont even no the meaning of that SUE o....awon alainise se jatijati!!!
Even though if dey are fighting for there rights, do they have to make d studnts suffer it. is it d fg dat is suffering it now or d studnt. I also heard dey've bn giving part of d moni, so wats dere problem....am in support of dis...think twice
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Kurupt01: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
Why hasn't anybody or group sued federal government? ASUU are fighting for their right whilst GEJ is busy lobbying for his 2015 ambition
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by brownlord: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
McLuhan: This is a clownish exhibition of misguided zealousness by a gang of mercenaries. How come they haven't asked the court to determine whether the Federal Government is in breach of the ASUU/FGN Agreement? And why haven't they sued the Federal Government as co-defendants? In whom does the Constitution vest the responsility of providing education for the Nigerian citizenry? Is it ASUU or is it the Government? Nigeria will never develop until Nigerians learn to reject the crumbs that fall from the tables of power and learn instead to stand up for their rights. Any right-thinking person will realise that the Federal Government is to blame for the current impasse in our federal universities. But when people's minds are beclouded by filthy lucre, then obviously one cannot expect them to think logically. Instead, they will argue that the Federal Government is not responsible for any agreements it signed and that a labour union has no right to demand that the legitimate allowances of its members be paid. Such people will even allege that anyone who demands qualitative education is a traitor and should be summarily executed for trying to cause a social upheaval. It is quite a pathetic case of self-inflicted paranoia but it exists in Nigeria nonetheless.

...But you only succeeded in saying nada sorry nothing.

Communication is not by speaking grammer but making sense with ur grammer.

Don't you think the ASUU stike hv a political motivation? Was the agreement signed today? Do u tink those lecturers really deserve what they clamouring for? Dint they ASUU enter into agreement with the student that paid exorbitant fee to be taught and complete their course of study within a stipulated time and now those student are bn made to pay for crime they are innocent of? Do u knw tht in ghana here if their university body goes on strike and it exceeds 21 days they going to repeat the academic year for the whole university ( so I heard ). Why do Nigerians now run to benin republic, ghana, south africa, phillipine, india, kuwait ukraine to school? Am not supporting the fg. But 90% of those lecturers do not merit what they are currently earning not to talk of what they are demanding for, do you know how mny lecturers where sacked in uniben for different offences, ranging from admission racket, bribe, molestation etc? Bro, in some state schools, lecturing jobs are giving based on ethnicity? Most lecturers can't even operate a computer yet they are lecturing, future computer scientist, the truth remains the students are the sacrificial anode ( abeg I no be checmistry student ) incase I nor knw d meaning of anode.

1 Like

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
I think dey are all RE.TARDS for suing ASUU. If ASUU does not get what it wants now, it might never get it.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by tomzman: 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Attention seekers!
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by samleey(m): 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
Davo93: Nice development. I don't care if they are been sponsored by FG or not, all i am concerned about is that enough is enough!!! I have problem with ASUU going on that strike in the first place, so i will support any action against the strike to end it. And you FG, your own case na sorry... i dey come
Do you really know what ASUU is fighting for ? Pls try and study the agreement between ASUU and FG. I support ASUU on this.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by size38: 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sue ASUU or FG? They should go and sit down
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kizment: [color=#550000][/color][b][/b] angryASUU has been payed so amount and govt promise to complete it next year so wat is ASUU problem. Why are dey greedy
do not believe every report you see on the papers
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
. undecided
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by triploc: 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
lurvy: [size=18pt]I think all this people trying to sue ASUU are only trying to seek attention for themselves.
As for me I believe that with Time these Things will surely come to an End.[/size] lipsrsealed

man-u is certainly coming to an END this TIME. Stupid THING
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Sajio(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Abegi....... ASUU should call-off the strike! The Nigeria problem cannot be solved once but in a gradual process! They should collect the N130bn and go back †̥ school! I think ASUU are fighting for their own personal interest joor!!
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by McLuhan(m): 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
brownlord:

...But you only succeeded in saying nada sorry nothing.

Communication is not by speaking grammer but making sense with ur grammer.

Don't you think the ASUU stike hv a political motivation? Was the agreement signed today? Do u tink those lecturers really deserve what they clamouring for? Dint they ASUU enter into agreement with the student that paid exorbitant fee to be taught and complete their course of study within a stipulated time and now those student are bn made to pay for crime they are innocent of? Do u knw tht in ghana here if their university body goes on strike and it exceeds 21 days they going to repeat the academic year for the whole university ( so I heard ). Why do Nigerians now run to benin republic, ghana, south africa, phillipine, india, kuwait ukraine to school? Am not supporting the fg. But 90% of those lecturers do not merit what they are currently earning not to talk of what they are demanding for, do you know how mny lecturers where sacked in uniben for different offences, ranging from admission racket, bribe, molestation etc? Bro, in some state schools, lecturing jobs are giving based on ethnicity? Most lecturers can't even operate a computer yet they are lecturing, future computer scientist, the truth remains the students are the sacrificial anode ( abeg I no be checmistry student ) incase I nor knw d meaning of anode.

Dear friend, you are entitled to your opinion. If you are convinced that my words amount to foolishness, why, I have absolutely no right to compel you to change that opinion! But I hope you will also allow me to hold my own opinion, which is that anyone who writes the kind of "grammer" (sic) that you have written could not have had the benefit of a good education, which is exactly why ASUU is on strike. That is also why you should support ASUU's struggle, in the hope that if you can't benefit from qualitative education on account of your (apparently) advanced age, then perhaps your children can.

1 Like

Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by tobex23(m): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
Femistico:
Even though if dey are fighting for there rights, do they have to make d studnts suffer it. is it d fg dat is suffering it now or d studnt. I also heard dey've bn giving part of d moni, so wats dere problem....am in support of dis...think twice

dont you know giving them part of the money and promising to give them later cant work!! We r in Nigeria for christ sake!! When the time comes next year for them to pay the money, it would be another story therefore causing ASUU to go on another strike which to me is not good....why not strike all they want now and collect the full money now and we all forget about strike in a long time!!
And 'YES' ,we students have to suffer for it, if we dnt know the right thing to do, then i am really happy we are suffering for it, all what we students no is SWAGS,PARTY! Our future and the future of our country is at stake and all we do is update our BBM status with 'this strike don tire me o' why not protest! We shout out to the FG that we r tired of all this,we should fight to stop it once and for all!! But if we cant do any of the above then we must suffer for it!! GOD BLESS ASUU!
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Jaynim(m): 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hopefully,this should be ASUU's last strike.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by david290(m): 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
Because ASUU has betrayed our trust.why should KWASU be left 2 continue academic activities?Or haven't we pay skul fees?or wont they benefit from the fund that ASUU is requesting 4?
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by ceejiyn(f): 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
Well, d simple truth z dat since dis poverty aliviation advocacy...(paaji)ws installed into d nigerian society, dat ws wen d poverty rate in nigeria esscalated. dat is to say that they dnt even kno dia place.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Davo93(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
samleey:
Do you really know what ASUU is fighting for ? Pls try and study the agreement between ASUU and FG. I support ASUU on this.
No i don't. Please tell me undecided
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by mobeenet(m): 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
mtcheew.... FG dis is d way you wanna get rid of ASUU. you are joking. pay all ur debt. ASUU dont relent God will help. u are hw voice.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nweike1: 7:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hearme: FG sponsored
Of course!
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Rhymesman(m): 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
ASUU no get sense,dis strike issue is not affectin' d F.G,itz we d students dat will carry d consequences on our heads..nd m very much surprised@some students supportin' ASUU.....Do u tink d money will be used for itz supposed plans rather it wud b shared among doz greedy ASUU members
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by mobeenet(m): 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Rhymesman: ASUU no get sense,dis strike issue is not affectin' d F.G,itz we d students dat will carry d consequences on our heads..nd m very much surprised@some students supportin' ASUU.....Do u tink d money will be used for itz supposed plans rather it wud b shared among doz greedy ASUU members

comot for here jare. why saying sometin of such? are u ignorant of wat dey are fighting for? i beg pack urself well.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nauttyprof(m): 7:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
Some groups are just too useless, trying to gain access to the National Cake. It should be the Federal Government that should be dragged to the court for not putting the right infrastructure in place for quality education to be given, they should also sue the government for non-payment of Lecturers' allowances, as this in turn affects the passion put into rendering the right services, thereby resulting to poor education. This group is just too blind, see!!! This must be settled once and for all in order to put the right thing in place. These lecturers are also human and they deserve the best, they are a major contributor to the state of our Nation, in fact they are a driving force to be reckon with.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Davo93(m): 7:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
mobeenet:

comot for here jare. why saying sometin of such? are u ignorant of wat dey are fighting for? i beg pack urself well.
and you that know why, tell us...
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by mobeenet(m): 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Davo93: and you that know why, tell us...

y ll how skuls be d same. d structures/buildings are not increasing at the level atvwhich they are to. staff allowances are dere. pls go on strike as long as d FG is not ready to fulfil deir promise. will dey use dier own money for dat?
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by Lawalemi(m): 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
ASSU is way too greedy.
Re: Group Sues ASUU Over Strike by isaco(m): 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
ASUU think is d only group that is not happy in dis country? Let all sector go on strike n see d result. ASUU hates dis country, Some student r even supporting ASUU, those students r playing with their years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: ASUU Delegates Meet Saraki / Obasanjo’s Bells University Graduates 21 Students With 1st Class Degrees / Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.