Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,634 members, 7,854,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... (5274 Views)

Jonathan : Don’t Single Out My Administration For Probe / Youth Leaders To Jonathan: Don’t Contest 2015 Election / Obasanjo To Jonathan: Don’t Remove Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by jmaine: 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nonsense! If not for anything, for the mere fact that Boko Haram and other DESTRUCTIVE elements said GEJ must not seek re-election, GEJ MUST now seek re-election. GEJ must go for his CONSTITUTIONALLY guaranteed second term even if it means balkanising the country. There's nothing any EVIL group, power mongers or sycophants can do about it.

Where were these evil merchants when IBB ruled for 8 years without the consent of Nigerians? Where was Boko Haram when Abacha ruled for 5 years (just about 1 year after the 8 year rule of IBB) and was about making himself civillian president before death came calling? From 1979 till 1999, we had an unbroken chain of northern head of state/president (save for the less than 1year rule of Shonekan). That is a period of about 20 solid years. Why didn't the southern part of country make the country ungovernable or create its version of Boko Haram? Nonsense!

GEJ contesting is no longer about personal ambition. It is now about showing some people that they cannot climb to power on the back of terror and blood shed. It is now about proving to some people that other parts of the country are ALSO born to rule the country.

The president of Nigeria is the president of EVERY part of Nigeria. He is not only the president of Boko Haram troubled states like Borno and Yobe. He is also the president of the relatively peaceful states like Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra, Delta, Imo, Abia, Cross River, Lagos, Ekiti,etc. He also has responsibilities to Nigerians in those relatively peaceful states in terms of infrastructural development, job creation, health, education,etc.

As for the Boko Haram troubled states, the president has discharged his constitutional responsibilities to them, as much as possible within the limits of high insecurity in those places. Work on certain sections of Kano-Maiduguri road project has been stalled as we speak, not because of lack of funds but because of Boko Haram. Same applies to PH-Maiduguri railway project. Under GEJ govt we've seen a situation where even when govt puts money on the table for project execution, projects are stalled in north due to Boko Haram. Who then do we blame? Those funds should be diverted to address the needs of relatively peaceful parts of the country. Govt has also deployed troops and declared SOE. If those are not enough, and if the violence will not stop except GEJ steps down, then GEJ can NEVER step down. He can NEVER forgo his right to seek re-election. We'll see who gets tired of the violence.

Has anyone noticed that the Borno youths (civillian JTF) who got tired of the killings, took their own destiny in their hands and fought to push back Boko Haram, have not received ANY word of commendation or appreciation from ANY of the prominent northern leaders (political or religious)? Yeye dey smell!

Note: The WORST evil people can do after reading this post is to attack the messenger (me). I'm ready and already used to their attacks. So lets go!

Guy, where you dey make i come give you correct hug . . . .

Your submission was highly concentrated with the bitter truth . . .
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
Abagworo:

Okogie is being real here. He should heed to the agreement. Jonathan has not performed enough to win popular votes and hence will definitely need rigging both at the PDP primaries and elections proper. The rigging will definitely trigger serious crisis that might lead to loss of lives and eventual military take over. This is not a North-South thing as Jonathan's supporters are making it seem but an issue of conscience, high hopes and disappointment.

You are a very big fool!! If GEJ wins it is rigging but if APC wins then the elections are free and fair!! You think you got violence!! Wait until the oil stops flowing in the niger-delta than you will really know what violence is all about!! Anu mpama ezi nwuruanwu

1 Like

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

You are a very big fool!! If GEJ wins it is rigging but if APC wins then the elections are free and fair!! You think you got violenece !! Wait until the oil stops flowing in the niger-delta than you will really know what violence is all about!! Anu mpama ezi nwuruanwu
Jesus wept!! shocked
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
berem: Jesus wept!! shocked

Mumu that is why it is called a typo
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

Mumu that is why it is called a typo
LOL! you were in a hurry to throw insults without checking your typo error. See your life? Typical of PDP sycophants!

Watching closely for your next bullets..... grin

3 Likes

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by NextIG(m): 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ojigho: @thread. Please what has GEJ done for the Niger Delta for the past 6 years he has been both acting President and President? If you, @ Sincere 9gerian can't give me a detailed and comprehensive catalog of the "projects" he has personally gone out of his way to use his enormous might as the CIC and also a son of the soil to carry out to touch the lives of the Average Niger Deltan,then from this day,I'd begin to regard you as just a praise singer. I don't want to know the day and year marginalisation started in this country. All I'm saying is if there ever is a man that can remove the tears and suffering of the poor,give hope to the teeming number of unemployed graduates in the streets,rules the country with the fear of God with strict observance to the Constitution of this great country,let that man be president. I DO NOT CARE WHICH GEOPOLITICAL ZONE HE COMES FROM.
First outlined the achievement(s) of Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and Abdulsalami to the Northern Region from 1979 to 1999 (Twenty Years), and you'll receive a catalogue of Jonathan's achievement to the SS in 4yrs. I thought a President is to work for the entire Nation and not only for where he comes from. Jonathan was not elected based on where he comes from but based on trust, that Nigerians have seen a leader who can correct and rebuilt the broken foundations of this Nation thereby returning Nigeria to its lost Glory. GEJ is actually correcting the mistakes of the past and wiping away tears from all Nigerians and in doing that, he is trying to keep away from those who have been the arch enemies of Nigeria. This same people have now gang up to labelled him as Incompetent, Tribalist, Slowpoke, Uncharismatic etc. just because the man refused to go the way they think Nigeria should be runned. Using unconstitutional means to discredit and stop Jonathan from 2015 election is what will divide Nigeria than allowing him or him winning.

3 Likes

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
berem: LOL! you were in a hurry to throw insults without checking your typo error. See your life? Typical of PDP sycophants!

Watching closely for your next bullets..... grin

How does that stop GEJ from contesting and winning the 2015 presidential elections.I will keep on typing @ anyspeed I like,I don't care about any typos as long as I am not writing any english exams

1 Like

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Ojigho: 3:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
@ Next I.G. I don't need to trade words with you cause i guess you are part of the millions of Niger Deltans suffering from the "na our pikin" syndrome . If you are sincere with your self,apart from Militants in the creeks of Delta and Bayelsa States,and some other praise singers and political jobbers in the Niger Delta,which other Niger Deltans have felt the impact of GEJ as CIC in this country? I'm using the Niger Delta as a basis for my argument cause a lot of columnists and analysts argue that due to the President being from a minority ethnic group,a large portion of the larger ethnic groups do not want him to work. Excellence holds no bounds,hence ethnicity and creed shouldn't be reasons to associate with failure. When a man is just and fair,his light would shine even in the camp of his enemies. One thing a lot of us youths fail to take into cognizance is the fact that we often are just set up to argue and bicker amongst ourselves,while the action "stealing" that has no ethnic group,tradition,culture,geopolitical zone etc takes place. Till we get up,put our thinking caps on and start asking and demanding excellence from our leaders,we would continue to pick at straws arguing like fools while we are robbed blind. Youths of my great country,it's high time we wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by adino(m): 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ojigho: @ Next I.G. I don't need to trade words with you cause i guess you are part of the millions of Niger Deltans suffering from the "na our pikin" syndrome . If you are sincere with your self,apart from Militants in the creeks of Delta and Bayelsa States,and some other praise singers and political jobbers in the Niger Delta,which other Niger Deltans have felt the impact of GEJ as CIC in this country? I'm using the Niger Delta as a basis for my argument cause a lot of columnists and analysts argue that due to the President being from a minority ethnic group,a large portion of the larger ethnic groups do not want him to work. Excellence holds no bounds,hence ethnicity and creed shouldn't be reasons to associate with failure. When a man is just and fair,his light would shine even in the camp of his enemies. One thing a lot of us youths fail to take into cognizance is the fact that we often are just set up to argue and bicker amongst ourselves,while the action "stealing" that has no ethnic group,tradition,culture,geopolitical zone etc takes place. Till we get up,put our thinking caps on and start asking and demanding excellence from our leaders,we would continue to pick at straws arguing like fools while we are robbed blind. Youths of my great country,it's high time we wake up.

You are a fool
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Ojigho: 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
adino:

You are a fool
Does the truth hurt so much? My parents taught me the value of morals,so i choose just to ignore you.

2 Likes

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by DerideGull(m): 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
duwdu:

Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t...

Sunday, 22 September 2013 00:00 By Gbenga Salau News -

THE Archbishop emeritus of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, His Eminence, Anthony Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, has advised President Goodluck Jonathan to jettison the idea (if any) of running for a second term in office in 2015.

In an exclusive interview with The Guardian, Okogie said “the handwriting on the wall,” does not favour it, even as the election date is two years away.

Making direct reference to the alleged “third-term bid” of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, the Archbishop, who decried flattery and sycophancy ‘in high places,’ stressed the need to keep political agreement, if any.

According to Okogie, by 20015, the incumbent President would have served the country in that capacity for, at least, six years, the number of service years, which, he said, is enough for modest contribution to national development.

“If I were Jonathan, I will not try it (running for a second term), because the writing on the wall does not favour it. We have not even got to 2015, (yet) there is so much sycophancy and flattery. It is like telling Okogie now to go into politics: ‘come, you are the kind of person we want;’ you think I’m silly?”

He continued: “Jonathan will be there for almost six years; there was a time, he was Vice, and now President for four years. What is he looking for again? It is just like comparing it with Obasanjo; what was Obasanjo looking for in third term?

“You know what happened then. Apart from the story that Jonathan made an agreement that he would do just one term, if it is true, do you think those who were there when he said ‘just one term’ are silly.”

The Bishop Emeritus also expressed dissatisfaction with the manner the Nigerian elite go about the business of politics, describing it in the words of late musician, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, as “chop I chop.” He also condemned corruption and the killings in Nigeria.

“And why are so many people running into politics? 2015 is two years away; see how they are killing themselves. Who even knows who will get to 2015? What do you think they are looking for, money? Nothing else. They are not patriotic; they are not. All our political leaders, how many of them can beat their chests to say they are patriotic. It is just gimmick and pancake that they are doing.”

FULL INTERVIEW

Anthony Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, 77 is a Catholic Priest and social crusader. He was ordained a Priest in 1966, at the age of 30; five years after in 1971, he was appointed Auxiliary Bishop of Oyo. After serving in that office for two years, he was promoted the Archbishop of Lagos in 1973 and got elevated to the office of Cardinal in 2003. As a Priest, Okogie did not only lead his sheep along the path of righteousness, he also stood for less privileged persons and spoke ceaselessly on their behalf. He was quick to join issues with governments whose actions and decisions do not favour the people. Now in retirement, he spoke to GBENGA SALAU on a range of issues concerning the country and his faith.

SOME people have argued that Nigeria has not achieved much in spite of her resources, because religious leaders tend to romance the political class, instead of calling them to order when the need arises; do you agree?

I will not agree with you that it is only the religious leaders that are romancing with the political leaders; I do not think it is true. It is the society as a whole, and people like to romance where the pasture is green. But unfortunately, religious leaders happen to be among them and they are members of the society, so we cannot exclude ourselves. It is a pity that a good number of those who call themselves religious leaders today are not religious leaders; they only became religious leaders because they want to feed their tummy and because the Bible and the Koran is available for everybody. And they feel they can take it up, read and interpret it to suit themselves; but no way. And this is why they are not keeping to their calling

Unfortunately also, all these people who form churches get approval from the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). When we were there in Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), we told them, they have no right to approve any church because the church is something spiritual, even the Lord Jesus Christ said that you should give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God.

Churches belong to the spiritual spheres. For example, any religious leader that dabble into politics, I do not say that politics is bad because it is part and parcel of us, but the problem is that when they go into politics, they forget that is not there field. For CAC, we tried to tell them that they have no right to license the formation of a church. Already, we have about two or three associations that cater to religious groups, so these large groups, when somebody comes up to say he wants to form a church, why not send him to these groups, let them screen him, whether he is genuine or not. Not CAC, which is for business, that is why most of these people, when they are licensed they go into business and they say they are preaching the gospel and show you the certificate from CAC to back up their work. Who is at fault? It is not our fault and this was what we were fighting for when CAN began. This is it.

Because of the love of money and materialism, things began to take another different shape. The religious leaders began to say, ‘why can’t I do this or that, after all, I am a human being, God says this, God said that;’ who ever heard from God. It is the conscience that dictates all these things. And if you read the Bible properly, you cannot serve God and mammon together, it is not possible. This is why these people mislead their followers and are always after money. For instance, what does a religious leader have to do with a jet plane or many wives? The Bible says we are in the world but not of the world. So they want to be in both, they cannot.

Therefore, how can we attain development when those who are supposed to knock you on the head when you go wrong, are not there? This is the problem and this is what we have at the moment and how many religious leaders can you point to that are straightforward and godly? There are lay people today who are far better than religious leaders, but they also keep their mouths shut. But I also wonder, why can’t they talk too because they are part of the society. So that is why I said it is not only religious leaders. It is just greed and a lot of religious leaders have lost their calling and they have nowhere to go; that is why they are pushing on. Some are even going into politics. I often see commissioner so, so, so with Reverend title before his name, what is he looking for there. Are we saying we cannot sanitise these places from outside, because good example teaches best? So what are you looking for inside? Once you are there, gradually with time, you will want to play along. This is the problem.

But has the church provided good example?

This is because ....

Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/133511--okogie-on-2015dont-run-jonathan-dont

P34c3

The above post is a piece of junk and silly postulation.
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
GEJ's contest for 2015 election is unconstitutional simple!!!
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
Seriously, whats wrong with Nigerians?! How do you guys think? Why cant you guys ever see past your noses?!

GEJ already showed yall his hands and his intentions from day one that he wanted to be President for life so why is everyone acting all surprised? Abeg, go to my first posts when I started on this forum....

GEJ, the first week he became President , decided that his first official trips would be to Uganda and Cameroon respectively to go visit two of the worst dictators mankind has ever witnessed: Youweri Musevini and Paul Biya. He spent two weeks in those countries and by the time he returned to Nigeria (3 weeks into his Presidency), he presented his FIRST Bill to the National Assembly: A Constitutional Amendment for a 7yr Single Term Rule. Not a bill for jobs, housing, security, identity, Education or health....power was all that mattered to the bush man. This was the same Constitutional changes those two Dictators enshrined in their respective countries that enabled them keep their people in bondage for 30+ Years. In fact, GEJ was stoned in Uganda but he denied it to the Nigerian press. He showed his hands early that he was a serial liar, manipulator and wannabe-Dictator.

So, what are you guys complaining over now?

2 Likes

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
DerideGull:

The above post is a piece of junk and silly postulation.
Typical of you and the Presidency, not seeing anything good in any person asking the President to drop his ambition in 2015.
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
0lumide: GEJ's contest for 2015 election is unconstitutional simple!!!

When its time for elections come and stop him ode
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by simpleseyi: 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
I hope GEJ lapdogs including Sincere 9gerian will not say that Anthony Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie is sleeping with Cossy Orjiakor.
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by malele(m): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Thank you my brother. In fact because of this report, the re-election of GEJ is now a task that MUST be done. It is now my personal problem and responsibility. GEJ re-election in 2015 has now become my personal headache. It is now a DO-OR-DIE affair. If the support was times 2 before, it has now increased to times 10.

If some idiots who call themselves Boko Haram die daily fighting for satanic cause, why cant I die for what I consider a good cause?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"- Edmund Burke.

I used to wonder why Asari Dokubo spoke the way he did but now I know. I'm not a coward that will give in to intimidation, blackmail or threat of violence. No one has monopoly of violence.

Elements from the north ruled for 20 solid years (1979 to 1999), but what did we have to show for it? How many new railways did they build? How did they encourage the private sector to thrive? How many kilometers of roads was added within the period? What was the state (in terms of basic infrastructure) of places like Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Cross-River, Bayelsa, Anambra, Enugu and many of the southern states within the period? How many power plants was built within the period? Was there any middle class (outside politicians and senior govt workers) within the period?

All we saw within the period was further balkanization (creation of more states and local govt) of the country, business as usual and handing down crumbs to sycophants and those around the corridors of power.

The 40,000MW of electric power that South Africa boast of today, was it not built in the last 5 years? It was not built by Jacob Zuma. What was Nigeria doing when South Africa was building power plants upon plants?

If Boko Haram is as result of poverty in the north, who then created the poverty in the north? Who nurtured Boko Haram? The same people that nurtured the poverty in the north and Boko Haram are the same people telling us that these problems can only be solved by a president from the far north. Nonsense!

In fact, the war has just started.

1million likes.
Seriously am disappoint with that pastor.

1 Like

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by malele(m): 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
druid06: The current command in chief is an imcomplete retardd and I'm using the word retardd in light sense. I don't know much about Nigerian politics simply because it's too barbaric for acceptance. GEJ has shown us incessant count of times that he is an incompetent leader. I do not need to start raising out points to further proof my thesis because we all know the political and economical dacadence we've undergone since he came in to power.

His current governance has never in anyway assisted in improvement to the life of the poor and the middle class. It's only the rich and power hungry looters would support him for another tenure. I used to think the former president and winner of the 1999 election governance was the worst ever in history but GEJ made me change my mind.

We need fresh air. We need someone who understands the needs of the masses and go out of his/her own to solve that problem. I don't care who it is but we need change. It seems the Northerners when embarking on any political ambition always have the problem of the masses on their mind. The short tenure of President Yar'Adua made me understand it seems the country should be better run by the Northerns. The only time I enjoyed the dividends of democracy was during Yar'Adua short tenure. The first thing that poor bloke did was to reduce the price of petroleum product by 50%. He pardoned and gave the Niger Delta militants amnesty in the right sense (without the excessive funds). Power improved grately. He really wanted to improve Nigeria and there was some schemes he was planning to embark on which was greatly going to improve the standard of living for Nigerians till they murdered him.

It's so sad but the truth is we southern brethren are too filled with greed and personal ambition. It has taken two president from the south to show that we're never going to improve with a southerner as commander in chief. We need a northerner, we need change.
So na only northern will fix nigeria,
What of people like pat utomi, wole soyinka, ekweme.
What happened to 20years of northern rule.
Seriously u are a goat.
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by malele(m): 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
druid06: The current command in chief is an imcomplete retardd and I'm using the word retardd in light sense. I don't know much about Nigerian politics simply because it's too barbaric for acceptance. GEJ has shown us incessant count of times that he is an incompetent leader. I do not need to start raising out points to further proof my thesis because we all know the political and economical dacadence we've undergone since he came in to power.

His current governance has never in anyway assisted in improvement to the life of the poor and the middle class. It's only the rich and power hungry looters would support him for another tenure. I used to think the former president and winner of the 1999 election governance was the worst ever in history but GEJ made me change my mind.

We need fresh air. We need someone who understands the needs of the masses and go out of his/her own to solve that problem. I don't care who it is but we need change. It seems the Northerners when embarking on any political ambition always have the problem of the masses on their mind. The short tenure of President Yar'Adua made me understand it seems the country should be better run by the Northerns. The only time I enjoyed the dividends of democracy was during Yar'Adua short tenure. The first thing that poor bloke did was to reduce the price of petroleum product by 50%. He pardoned and gave the Niger Delta militants amnesty in the right sense (without the excessive funds). Power improved grately. He really wanted to improve Nigeria and there was some schemes he was planning to embark on which was greatly going to improve the standard of living for Nigerians till they murdered him.

It's so sad but the truth is we southern brethren are too filled with greed and personal ambition. It has taken two president from the south to show that we're never going to improve with a southerner as commander in chief. We need a northerner, we need change.
So na only northern will fix nigeria,
What of people like pat utomi, wole soyinka, ekweme.
What happened to 20years of northern rule.
Seriously u are a goat.
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
Goodluck Jonathan, eni a wi fun oba je o gbo, eni a soro si oba gba.
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by greatfa4(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
Goddex: Jonathan will contest in 2015 and he will win. No one ethnic region owns Nigeria. Okojie is not a politician. If the killings is because a minority is president for the first time and again, if Nigeria will divide because of that, then maybe God destined it to happen that way and we will gladly welcome it.

OKojie might be eyeing a NOBEL PEACE PRIZE but that remains an individual award. The wellbeing of the generality of the entire christaindom worldwide is what should matter to him. Just this morning in Pakistan, a church filled to capacity was blown up by this same people they sacrifice a lot to make peace with.
If because of one man desperate for power, nigeria should divide, then you are a fool. GEJ have d right to contest as a nigerian, but let that not sick into his head.
Let him prove to us, what he has done that have affected the common man in ur street or ur village. A man of God is talking the fact, yet u are talking nonsense. What have he done to we the south south, if u want to talk of minority. Nigeria will not grow or develop until people with sentiment like u are chase out of this country.
I will ask u a question now, what have GEJ done that have be able to put food or enable someone to live a decent life.
Talk of .....

Infrastruture, power, job, corruption, etc that have affected the life of common man.

You wake up and say the fact.
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Abagworo(m): 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

You are a very big fool!! If GEJ wins it is rigging but if APC wins then the elections are free and fair!! You think you got violence!! Wait until the oil stops flowing in the niger-delta than you will really know what violence is all about!! Anu mpama ezi nwuruanwu

I know you are an Igbo man being misled by sentiments. Mark it anywhere today that Jonathan cannot win a free and fair PDP primaries not to talk of an election. Let's be real and forget this tribalism that you people are using as reasons. 80% of Nigerians in every region are disappointed in Jonathan's performance so far. All our refineries are at standstill, our academia is at standstill, fuel importation figures is falsified, poverty at all time high of 70%, security is nothing to write home about.
what has Rivers State gained from Jonathan being President other than arming street touts to cause mayhem and imposing an incompetent and biased police commissioner?

So on what grounds can he win an election even in South-south?

2 Likes

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by NextIG(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ojigho: @ Next I.G. I don't need to trade words with you cause i guess you are part of the millions of Niger Deltans suffering from the "na our pikin" syndrome . If you are sincere with your self,apart from Militants in the creeks of Delta and Bayelsa States,and some other praise singers and political jobbers in the Niger Delta,which other Niger Deltans have felt the impact of GEJ as CIC in this country? I'm using the Niger Delta as a basis for my argument cause a lot of columnists and analysts argue that due to the President being from a minority ethnic group,a large portion of the larger ethnic groups do not want him to work. Excellence holds no bounds,hence ethnicity and creed shouldn't be reasons to associate with failure. When a man is just and fair,his light would shine even in the camp of his enemies. One thing a lot of us youths fail to take into cognizance is the fact that we often are just set up to argue and bicker amongst ourselves,while the action "stealing" that has no ethnic group,tradition,culture,geopolitical zone etc takes place. Till we get up,put our thinking caps on and start asking and demanding excellence from our leaders,we would continue to pick at straws arguing like fools while we are robbed blind. Youths of my great country,it's high time we wake up.
My Brother, in that I may agree with you on some points you raised (a) Excellence holds no bounds, hence ethnicity and creed shouldn't be reasons to associate with failure (b) When a man is just and fair, his light will shine even in the camp of his enemies (c) We should demand excellence from our leaders. This is wonderfully good. I actually responded to your post demanding for the achievements of GEJ in SS. All I am pointing out is, was GEJ elected to only develop SS or the whole of Nigerian state? So, whether there's developments in SS or not, as long as he has developed somewhere within the Nigerian state, he has achieved something. Has GEJ not achieved something good since his coming to power? Now, are you waiting for a government that no body will benefit from it or take advantage of the person in power to achieve his aim before you can see good in that government? May be not in this dispensation my Brother. It is a known fact that even before the election of GEJ some larger ethnic groups have vowed never to allow his government achieve anything credible and they've proved their point even though, he has achieved many things beyond their imagination. My concern here is, why will people be coming out to say GEJ should not contest in an election that he is entitled to by law? If we thought he has not perform, the best way is for those clamouring for a change or new leadership to go round the country to enlightened the populace but not to be using media and half baked information including perfect lies to discredit GEJ. Why is it that the regime change is mainly coming from the Northern elites, are they the only ones seeing the evil of this government? Lastly, for your information, I am not from Niger Delta region. I am from North Western Nigeria. I only say the truth when I see one. I am not a party to "na our own". I hate our northern leaders with a passion.
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
Abagworo:

I know you are an Igbo man being misled by sentiments. Mark it anywhere today that Jonathan cannot win a free and fair PDP primaries not to talk of an election. Let's be real and forget this tribalism that you people are using as reasons. 80% of Nigerians in every region are disappointed in Jonathan's performance so far. All our refineries are at standstill, our academia is at standstill, fuel importation figures is falsified, poverty at all time high of 70%, security is nothing to write home about.
what has Rivers State gained from Jonathan being President other than arming street touts to cause mayhem and imposing an incompetent and biased police commissioner?

So on what grounds can he win an election even in South-south?

Bros stop yarning nonsense!! Was GEJ the one who killed our refineries!! The refineries that has long been dead.It was even at the height of Obasanjo's re-election campaign that we had the longest ASUU strike in 2003 which spanned six months.None of this sw hypocrites here bothered to make it a factor during the elections.

How did you arrive at this your figure of 80% who conducted the referendum? You just stay behind your computer and typ fictitious figures SMH.

GEJ is carrying out the biggest industrial sector revolution ever in this country by the privatization of the power sector which would help revitalise our manufacturing industries and create more jobs.

Haters like you can go to hell.If the oppostion were sure of themselves they will not try to intimidate him from running!! Come 2015 he will surely run and victory will be his in the 2015 election.

He is already in control of the PDP structure as the NWC elected at the last convention are loyal to him

3 Likes

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by ShineIt: 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
Does any one still take that he-goat Okojie seriously? Even Edo people don't take him serious since he renounced Jesu and added "Olubunmi" to his name . The man is on sale to the highest bidder.

1 Like

Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by validplanet: 8:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Thank you my brother. In fact because of this report, the re-election of GEJ is now a task that MUST be done. It is now my personal problem and responsibility. GEJ re-election in 2015 has now become my personal headache. It is now a DO-OR-DIE affair. If the support was times 2 before, it has now increased to times 10.

If some idiots who call themselves Boko Haram die daily fighting for satanic cause, why cant I die for what I consider a good cause?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"- Edmund Burke.

I used to wonder why Asari Dokubo spoke the way he did but now I know. I'm not a coward that will give in to intimidation, blackmail or threat of violence. No one has monopoly of violence.

Elements from the north ruled for 20 solid years (1979 to 1999), but what did we have to show for it? How many new railways did they build? How did they encourage the private sector to thrive? How many kilometers of roads was added within the period? What was the state (in terms of basic infrastructure) of places like Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Cross-River, Bayelsa, Anambra, Enugu and many of the southern states within the period? How many power plants was built within the period? Was there any middle class (outside politicians and senior govt workers) within the period?

All we saw within the period was further balkanization (creation of more states and local govt) of the country, business as usual and handing down crumbs to sycophants and those around the corridors of power.

The 40,000MW of electric power that South Africa boast of today, was it not built in the last 5 years? It was not built by Jacob Zuma. What was Nigeria doing when South Africa was building power plants upon plants?

If Boko Haram is as result of poverty in the north, who then created the poverty in the north? Who nurtured Boko Haram? The same people that nurtured the poverty in the north and Boko Haram are the same people telling us that these problems can only be solved by a president from the far north. Nonsense!

In fact, the war has just started.

brother, u have to realize that this is democracy and in this system, its the number that counts.
considering the kind of politicians we have in power who can who can sacrifice good governance for personal gain, it will take a miracle for gej to stay in office till 2015. david mark and tambuwal are likely going to betray gej for personal gains when threatened by the opponents who are gaining numbers. what can gej do now? unless he wants to dance with them
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by funnyx(m): 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
adino:

You are a fool

You're an irredeemable 1mbec1le
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dear Okogie, it is disheartening to read such rubbish from you. You are not a father to anyone , hence your interest dies at your death. So with respect to your age, SHUT UP SIR.

The constitution gives everyone right, nobody could be diprived his because of some born to rule and never do well imbeciles.

This your call was similar to the one NBA President made to OBJ in 2003 months to his re-election.

I smell compromise from your endm

No Vacancy in Aso Rock whether you like it or not.
In GEJ we stand
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Kanwulia: 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2013

THE Archbishop emeritus of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, His Eminence, Anthony Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, has advised President Goodluck Jonathan to jettison the idea (if any) of running for [size=20pt]a second term[/size] in office in 2015.

“If I were Jonathan, I will not try it [size=20pt](running for a second term),[/size] because the writing on the wall does not favour it. [size=20pt]We have not even got to 2015, (yet) there is so much sycophancy and flattery.[/size] It is like telling Okogie now to go into politics: ‘come, you are the kind of person we want;’ you think I’m silly?”

IT IS A THIRD TERM, not a SECOND TERM! kiss
A total of 10 years in office. . .
Emeritus LIAR! kiss

Nor be small 'sycophancy and flattery' o!
BUT WE ALL KNOW WHAT MAKETH THE FLIES TO FOLLOW A CORPES TO THE GRAVE ABI? cheesy
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
@ Sincere 9jeian I am highly proud of you Sir, despite the APC gOons insults and their typical toutish behaviour towards you, you stil maintained the patriotic stance. May the God that favors Jonathan favor you.
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by DerideGull(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Typical of you and the Presidency, not seeing anything good in any person asking the President to drop his ambition in 2015.

I do not want to see the day the president should abandon his\her ambition to contest election on the urging of deluded onlookers such as you.
Re: Okogie On 2015: Don’t Run, Jonathan, Don’t... by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
malele:

1million likes.
Seriously am disappoint with that pastor.
And im highly "impressed" at ur inability to construct a simple sentence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ameachi Didnt Betray Jonathan; It Was Vice-versa / Who Runs Nigeria, Is It Buhari Or Jibril From Sudan? / The Only Man Who Could Had Made Nigeria A World Giant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.