Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? (776 Views)

See The New Technique Pastor Now Use To Lure Customers To Their Churches / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife / The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by JingoOAU(m): 8:04am On Sep 22, 2013
It is not new to us, especially, in the environment we have in this country seeing different churchs, both Orthodox and pentecostal, scaterring all over the country.

What I can't still come to term with is the fact that the founding pastor of these churches always says God told them vividly the name to call their churches.

If that is true, why would God give different names for churches and what is the reason and purpose for that? Did God told Oyedepo to name his church Winners Chapel? Did God told Chris Oyhakilome and TB Joshua to name their churches Christ Embassy and COAN respectively? Ditto to all other churches
Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 22, 2013
The foundation of christianity was based on blood,murder,lie and deceit. Since the foundation is filthy, the tree will be also. What you see in churches today shouldn't surprise you. Pastors will do anything to be rich because that is what the founding father did. Do you really believe god could inspire a book that is archaeologically inaccurate? If you do,then that shows why you are a christian( if you are anyway)
Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by bjprodint(f): 8:17am On Sep 22, 2013
inspire ke,evry penticostal church want portable name jare.
Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by Infomizer(m): 8:25am On Sep 22, 2013
God only gave them brains...And how they decide to use it is their own sepulchre..wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 22, 2013
My dear, God doesn't speak audibly to anyone. If you hear voices, you may be suffering from cerebral malaria or hunger or something worse. What happens is that people follow their conscience. And the conscience is firmed by what you believe in already. God cannot give you a name for your church when He recognizes only one church. The church instituted by Christ has no factions.

1 Like

Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by slikcipher(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2013
ifeness: The foundation of christianity was based on blood,murder,lie and deceit. Since the foundation is filthy, the tree will be also. What you see in churches today shouldn't surprise you. Pastors will do anything to be rich because that is what the founding father did. Do you really believe god could inspire a book that is archaeologically inaccurate? If you do,then that shows why you are a christian( if you are anyway)

see frustration
Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by JingoOAU(m): 8:40am On Sep 22, 2013
But we do hear from these pastors with the claim that God instructed them on the name of the church. Are we saying the pastors are lying or what?

If any Pastor could lie while standing infront of alter by saying what God does not say, isn't dat blasphemy and deceit?

To me, I've heard it several times from different General Overseers who averred that God told them the name to give to their church and I dnt really know the motive for syaing that anyway.

kITA TITA: My dear, God doesn't speak audibly to anyone. If you hear voices, you may be suffering from cerebral malaria or hunger or something worse. What happens is that people follow their conscience. And the conscience is firmed by what you believe in already. God cannot give you a name for your church when He recognizes only one church. The church instituted by Christ has no factions.
Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by Brimmie(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2013
There are some funny names out there tho!!
==============================

[b]Guided Missiles Church

Jehova Sharp Sharp (Festac)

Hurricane Miracle Ministry …, New Orleans folks won’t find this funny

Healing Tsunami Ministry ….neither would the Asians like this

Satan in Trouble Ministry

Fire for Fire Ministry … affiliates of Nig Law enforcement team?

Guided Missiles Church === saw this one myself here in Lagos. My guess is they're affiliated with NATO cheesy

FIST OF FURY (NTA road, Port Harcourt) ------------ Bruce Lee’s family has shares?

Run For Your Life Ministry === my favorite! cheesy cheesy cheesy

The Yoke Must Broke Ministry

Jesus Heal Ministry

Face to face ministry

Angels on Fire Chapel of Peace

Liquid Fire Ministries (Suleja, Niger State)

By fire By Fire Ministry

HOLYFIRE OVERFLOW MINISTRIES

David Killed Goliath Ministry (Kaduna)

House of Jehova's Padawans (TransAmadi, PH) ------- straight from Star Wars

JESUS IN HIS MIGHTINESS GLOBAL MINISTRY

OPM - Other people's money (PH) ----------------- hard to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God in action ministries

Moving mountain gospel church

MY BROTHER IS A CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD ------------ what does this mean exactly?

Fellowship of the Wings - Ajah (Lamgasa)

Power Foundation Ministries, Aba. === The pastor's maiden crusade was titled: "Your Money is Looking For You" cheesy cheesy

HOLY GHOST ON FIRE MINISTRY (Abuja)

HIGH TENSION MINISTRY – affiliated to NEPA?

JESUS NEVER Bleep UP MINISTRY (Benin) === for those of you who don't get the meaning, replace the word bleep in this one with the err, the "F" word. This takes the biscuit

Devil go hear am Jesus Ministry

Accredited Church of God ---- guessing the others are not accredited by NEC

Chukwudi & Son evangelical ministry, Aba === (Igbo man no dey carry last!) cheesy

Power pass power church of the mountain ministry incorporated

Ministry Of The Naked Wire - Bayelsa State – Another one for NEPA

LABORATORY CHURCH OF GOD

Go and tell Ahab that Elijah is here ministries - Benin

Jesus no get muscle but he get power ministry

Fire burn ministries – Sounds Jamaican ‘fire burn dung babylon’

JESUS THE LANDLORD, WE THE RELAXING PEW MINISTRY – Portharcourt yeah, very chilled.

Happy Go Lucky Church of God Almighty In Jesus Name Amen - Abeokuta

Strong Hand of God ministry

Best Spot In The Land of God Church - Apapa.

Trigger happy ministry. --------- Motto- always firing the devil

Jesus knows his children ministry - Benin

SEVEN THUNDERS OF JESUS ---------- sounds like a Chinese film.

Perfect Christianity Ministry

Elshaddai Shall Not Die Ministries[/quote][/b]
Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 22, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
But we do hear from these pastors with the claim that God instructed them on the name of the church. Are we saying the pastors are lying or what?

If any Pastor could lie while standing infront of alter by saying what God does not say, isn't dat blasphemy and deceit?

To me, I've heard it several times from different General Overseers who averred that God told them the name to give to their church and I dnt really know the motive for syaing that anyway.

They know what's talking to them. And don't feel guilty that He's not talking to you. Ask them which language God spoke, the tone, pitch, accent and why they are the only ones that hear. If any of these pastors hears an audible voice from an unidentified source, he will run out of that church.
Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by nora544: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2013
Jingo-OAU:

Most of the pastors in nigeria lie, they want only the money from there followers.

I hear it in an Video that Adeboye told his members that god has told him that tithing and seed sowing is very important and every person who want to get blessed has to do it because god didnot want to get robbed. so this is also a big lie, because i beliefe what i read in the bible.

America start with the churchbusiness and than it comes to nigeria. Nigerian Pastors are the best in churchbusiness.

The same is you have to buy the books of this pastors and the CDs or DVds because you should hear what this so called great man of god teach you. All niogerians want to go rich fast and without working and that is what this pastors know, but god print no money and you cannot pay god that he make a miracles.
Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by UyiIredia(m): 10:15am On Sep 22, 2013
I am not sure of that, it's possible though.
Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by sylve11: 11:48am On Sep 22, 2013
Brimmie: There are some funny names out there tho!!
==============================

[b]Guided Missiles Church

Jehova Sharp Sharp (Festac)

Hurricane Miracle Ministry …, New Orleans folks won’t find this funny

Healing Tsunami Ministry ….neither would the Asians like this

Satan in Trouble Ministry

Fire for Fire Ministry … affiliates of Nig Law enforcement team?

Guided Missiles Church === saw this one myself here in Lagos. My guess is they're affiliated with NATO cheesy

FIST OF FURY (NTA road, Port Harcourt) ------------ Bruce Lee’s family has shares?

Run For Your Life Ministry === my favorite! cheesy cheesy cheesy

The Yoke Must Broke Ministry

Jesus Heal Ministry

Face to face ministry

Angels on Fire Chapel of Peace

Liquid Fire Ministries (Suleja, Niger State)

By fire By Fire Ministry

HOLYFIRE OVERFLOW MINISTRIES

David Killed Goliath Ministry (Kaduna)

House of Jehova's Padawans (TransAmadi, PH) ------- straight from Star Wars

JESUS IN HIS MIGHTINESS GLOBAL MINISTRY

OPM - Other people's money (PH) ----------------- hard to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God in action ministries

Moving mountain gospel church

MY BROTHER IS A CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD ------------ what does this mean exactly?

Fellowship of the Wings - Ajah (Lamgasa)

Power Foundation Ministries, Aba. === The pastor's maiden crusade was titled: "Your Money is Looking For You" cheesy cheesy

HOLY GHOST ON FIRE MINISTRY (Abuja)

HIGH TENSION MINISTRY – affiliated to NEPA?

JESUS NEVER Bleep UP MINISTRY (Benin) === for those of you who don't get the meaning, replace the word bleep in this one with the err, the "F" word. This takes the biscuit

Devil go hear am Jesus Ministry

Accredited Church of God ---- guessing the others are not accredited by NEC

Chukwudi & Son evangelical ministry, Aba === (Igbo man no dey carry last!) cheesy

Power pass power church of the mountain ministry incorporated

Ministry Of The Naked Wire - Bayelsa State – Another one for NEPA

LABORATORY CHURCH OF GOD

Go and tell Ahab that Elijah is here ministries - Benin

Jesus no get muscle but he get power ministry

Fire burn ministries – Sounds Jamaican ‘fire burn dung babylon’

JESUS THE LANDLORD, WE THE RELAXING PEW MINISTRY – Portharcourt yeah, very chilled.

Happy Go Lucky Church of God Almighty In Jesus Name Amen - Abeokuta

Strong Hand of God ministry

Best Spot In The Land of God Church - Apapa.

Trigger happy ministry. --------- Motto- always firing the devil

Jesus knows his children ministry - Benin

SEVEN THUNDERS OF JESUS ---------- sounds like a Chinese film.

Perfect Christianity Ministry

Elshaddai Shall Not Die Ministries[/b]

I guess even God Himself wud be so surprise @ such names. lwkmq. grin cool
Re: Is It Always True That God Told The Pastors The Name To Give To Their Churches? by sylve11: 11:50am On Sep 22, 2013
kITA TITA:

They know what's talking to them. And don't feel guilty that He's not talking to you. Ask them which language God spoke, the tone, pitch, accent and why they are the only ones that hear. If any of these pastors hears an audible voice from an unidentified source, he will run out of that church.

lmao grin cool

(1) (Reply)

. / Love, Love, Love: Where Is It in today's christianity? / No More Pre-marital Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.