Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

What Do You Think Of A Year Honeymoon As Written In The Old Testament? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Of A Year Honeymoon As Written In The Old Testament? (1282 Views)

Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of A Year Honeymoon As Written In The Old Testament? by Xion: 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
I was reading through the Bible one day when I found this strange verse,

Deuteronomy 24:5 MSG

When a man takes a new wife, he is not to go out with the army or be given any business or work duties. He gets one year off simply to be at home making his wife happy.

I thought the Message translation was playing tricks on me till I checked other versions.

What is your view on it? Honest opinions needed
Re: What Do You Think Of A Year Honeymoon As Written In The Old Testament? by redcliff: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
Xion: I was reading through the Bible one day when I found this strange verse,

When a man takes a new wife, he is not to go out with the army or be given any business or work duties. He gets one year off simply to be at home making his wife happy.

I thought the Message translation was playing tricks on me till I checked other versions.

We ll agree if the woman doesnt complain and not compare us with her friend's rich husband during that period. Lol
Re: What Do You Think Of A Year Honeymoon As Written In The Old Testament? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
Um...I believe that verse is referring to the man's duties to the state. I don't think there is any leave from his role as the provider of his family. He would still need to tend to his farm, if he has one, and do some other personal chores.
Re: What Do You Think Of A Year Honeymoon As Written In The Old Testament? by Xion: 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
striktlymi: Um...I believe that verse is referring to the man's duties to the state. I don't think there is any leave from his role as the provider of his family. He would still need to tend to his farm, if he has one, and do some other personal chores.

My thoughts are in the same direction, but seriously a year sounds like forever
Re: What Do You Think Of A Year Honeymoon As Written In The Old Testament? by Ishilove: 12:12am On Oct 25, 2013
Xion: I was reading through the Bible one day when I found this strange verse,

That was then, this is now. You can take a year off work if you own Conoil,otherwise the woman will be the one to chase the man out to look for bread cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

N1000 Offering Instead Of N100 / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Now Celebrating Easter? / “I Prefer To Rot In Hell Fire Than Serve The Monster Called God” – Nigerian Tran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.