Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust (4683 Views)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by 9javoice1(m): 6:12am On Sep 23, 2013
X-factoria:
This Jonathan guy is not clueless afterall because I see where all this is going.

Like it can be expected of any of the ethnic groups in the south, the Niger Delta/Ijaw people will make a tough demand (resource control up to say 80%, true federalism, a weak center etc) on the rest of the nation and opt to secede if those demands are not met (these interests naturally align with those of the SE and SW). If anyone resists them, Tompolo and Asari Dokubo will open their armoury and blow up all oil pipelines. The nation will be brought to her knees and they will have their way because other groups -SE and SW will probably make same demand. Plan B might be that the North will quickly see that this would dislodge their advantage and will beg Jonathan drop the SNC and he will demand a support for 2nd term in return.

In other words, If GEJ would not get 2015, he would clip the wings of the north forever because if the SNC succeeds, the North will lose its fraudulent advantage over other ethnic groups in Nigeria. All their rich men will lose oil blocks, oil money to the center will be too small to share and almajiri population will grow at a geometric proportion to an unmanageable size. In the light of scarce resources, a revolution that will claim almost all their elites will eventually ensure a wealth distribution sometime in the near future. By the time they see where all this is going, they will beg Jonathan to have a second term.

If GEJ's intention is genuine, perhaps it must be that he wants to make sure that the national cake that is causing tension at the center is no longer attractive so that it doesn't matter wherever the President of the country comes from. No one gets to assure the development of their areas at the expense of others by voting their son into the Presidency.

Whichever way, this guy is not clueless afterall!

a very big blow to core northern and western agenda.

how then do they call Gej clueless. this news has made my day.

where is Obj with his western plus northern game plan?
where is tinubu with his western plus northern game plan?

Gej is sorround by experts of all groups local and foreign.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by akpomeme(m): 6:34am On Sep 23, 2013
One word "war".
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by 9javoice1(m): 6:35am On Sep 23, 2013
Gej has invisible backbone yoruba and fulani/hausa should becareful bcus time for betrayal and backstabbing has gone hahahehe.

give me popcorn from the friedge am watching the game.

God usualy use the weak to shame the strong and use the foolish to shame the wise.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by 9javoice1(m): 6:37am On Sep 23, 2013
akpomeme: One word "war".

who vs who?
i guess core-north ,yoruba vs se,ss and mb.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by akpomeme(m): 6:53am On Sep 23, 2013
9ja voice:

who vs who?
i guess core-north ,yoruba vs se,ss and mb.

The north will never agree. It is not in their interest yet they will not let the south have peace.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by nyabingi(m): 6:54am On Sep 23, 2013
All hail "BAYAFRA" land of the rising sun!!!
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Demdem(m): 7:04am On Sep 23, 2013
manmade: The potency of my prayers is manifesting in the life of the anti Gej Nairalanders . U are welcome on Board,onbehalf of our Amiable president and the entire Gej's supporters, I welcome you to our midst and be rest assured that you have made the right choice and now that u have chosen the right path we will do our best to make u feel @ home.

ur prayers is only working for u and ur miserable household. Let Jonathan agree to this if this report is true and let him start work in actualizing this first before counting ur chicks before they hatch.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by masu: 7:06am On Sep 23, 2013
Lets the snc( division in desguise) start my Idoma tribe will kukuma join our ibo brothers in the east. We know who we are and we can defrenciate our brothers from our neighbours.

To hell with northern oneness. It will shock them when Igala too will move down east.

Yorubas with their smartness should help us deceive these people well well.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 23, 2013
No true Nigerian will be against Sovereign National Conference, It is understandable that David Mark and the rest of the Legislators are afraid of losing their monthly bullion vans. We need to talk about a lot of things including:

(1) Expiration of the 100yrs pact between Northern and Southern Protectorates, if to continue or not as a nation.
If to continue then we discuss;
(2) Resource Control
(3) Better Revenue Allocation Formular
(4) States as Federating Units
(5) Indigeneship and Place of Birth Paradox - Abolition and Rights and privileges
(6) Population Fraud
(7) Born2Rule Mentality
(cool Oil wells re-certifications and expiry
(9) Social Security and Welfare

Every Nigerian should welcome this and Support GEJ on this.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by 1soul(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2013
Billyonaire: No true Nigerian will be against Sovereign National Conference, It is understandable that David Mark and the rest of the Legislators are afraid of losing their monthly bullion vans. We need to talk about a lot of things including:

(1) Expiration of the 100yrs pact between Northern and Southern Protectorates, if to continue or not as a nation.
(2) Resource Control
(5) Indigeneship and Place of Birth Paradox - Abolition and Rights and privileges
(6) Population Fraud
(7) Born2Rule Mentality

Well spoken!
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by PointB: 8:07am On Sep 23, 2013
Back to GEJ and his plethora of playing cards. I mentioned the Aces and Jokers as part of the cards available for the president and his strategists. Now this particular card (SNC) wasn't even part of my calculation. The SNC is no Ace or Joker, it's a Master Card. The makers of Playing Cards are well advised to add Master Card to their collection and perhaps called it the GEJ Card!

Oga Jonah, don't look sideways in playing this card - full throttle ahead! Everyone by held by the jugular, we must restructure this entity for the good of it members. If Nigeria must cease to exist, so that our hindrance is removed, so be it.

Opponents called this man clueless, yet he continues to dumbfound them with strategic moves. Who now is clueless?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 23, 2013
From now on, Gej just got himself another name- Jonawise! But this card shouldn't just be a plot to tie the north's hand, it should be realised. You deceive us with your fresh air and shoeless agenda the first time, please don't repeat the same mistake. Then and only ll you win back the heart of your support.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 23, 2013
Billyonaire: No true Nigerian will be against Sovereign National Conference, It is understandable that David Mark and the rest of the Legislators are afraid of losing their monthly bullion vans. We need to talk about a lot of things including:

(2) Resource Control
(6) Population Fraud
(7) Born2Rule Mentality

Seconded,Thirded and Fourthed.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 23, 2013
jas_o: i'm passionate about unity of our beloved country. the circumstances has made me to look inward on what my neighbour capable to do. with situation on ground, i have made to believe that i'm sleeping on bomb powder if what am hearing or reading about SNC is real or not. The situation has gone beyond reasonable and as a result, i dont think things are under control as claimed by some fools whom believe that politice is about blood spiliting. our president should be bold to tell us if thnigs are beyong his control so that we can start planning on alternative. The situation now has gone beyond immagination and i believe we should start thinking outside the box so as to save ourselves and our family. things have gone beyond immagination my people.
God have mercy. smh......
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by nduchucks: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2013
manny4life:

(1) If you don't want to be represented by the thieving leaders, select men of integrity to represent your region.

(2) What is wrong with GEJ's timing? Whether he did it now or later, the SNC is needed anyway

(3) Why should separation be off the table? When groups of people can't live together peacefully in one nation, the best is they should split. Don't worry about 50% of Nigerians supporting it, your northern leaders want a split, the SE/SS want a split, it's only the SW has been a lil resistant.

(4) Who elected NASS? The electorate right? The Constitution did not fall from heaven, it was written by someone, and thus can be annulled. Whether NASS accept it or not, leave it to the people to decide, a referendum will be a good place to start, as for unconstitutionality, as long as our democratic system is a govt of the people, for the people and by the people, that's more so inconsequential.

You are obviously delusional, out of touch, and possibly live abroad. GEJ, and the chief players and organizers of this SNC prefer the status quo to your idealistic 5 or more nations which you wish would come out of the said SNC. GEJ is attempting to use the "threat" of SNC to fight his way back to Aso rock in 2015. I'm surprised that people like you, who purport to be intelligent do not understand that there is no sincerity in this call for SNC, i.e. if it is true at all.

For the losers who are hoping to carve out their "countries" through a SNC, you have my pity. Only an act of war can get you that, provided you win the said war.

Foolish Nigerians who cannot participate in the on going democratic process of constitutional review (only a handful of them showed up in public hearings held across the country), are now calling for an illegal SNC. As I said only delusional people believe that any SNC will take place any time soon.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by ichidodo: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2013
Kamanda:

Seconded,Thirded and Fourthed.
Fifthed,Sixthed and Seventhed.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by ckkris: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2013
Kwankwaso & co have just pushed their LUCK too far. When they were threatening Jonathan, they naively presumed to TEACH him politics. And NOW the Core North Hausa/fulani have only Kwankwaso to blame for this final loss of their enslaved Usman dan Fodio estate, a k a Najeria.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 23, 2013
^^^ have you noticed that the group that have been reminding us about 100yrs amalgamation issue have been the northerners, ibb only recently, majority of the north wants division, those that didn't just came on board, my dear friend did you ever stop to think this was their target all along, Frustrate him to division?
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by russellino: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2013
DivideUs: ^^^ have you noticed that the group that have been reminding us about 100yrs amalgamation issue have been the northerners, ibb only recently, majority of the north wants division, those that didn't just came on board, my dear friend did you ever stop to think this was their target all along, Frustrate him to division?

They didn't need to wait this long. Everybody, Afenifere and Ohaneze have been talking SNC for some time.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 23, 2013
masu: Lets the snc( division in desguise) start my Idoma tribe will kukuma join our ibo brothers in the east. We know who we are and we can defrenciate our brothers from our neighbours.

To hell with northern oneness. It will shock them when Igala too will move down east.

Yorubas with their smartness should help us deceive these people well well.

The fact that you think the Core North wants to be in the same country with your hiv infested clan is simply laughable
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2013
russellino:

They didn't need to wait this long. Everybody, Afenifere and Ohaneze have been talking SNC for some time.

I know, right? A Lot of us have always wanted it but didn't have a voice, now it seems the oil hungry ones are also full
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by russellino: 10:47am On Sep 23, 2013
DivideUs:

I know, right? A Lot of us have always wanted it but didn't have a voice, now it seems the oil hungry ones are also full

I am sure IBB will be thanking his stars that he moved the seat of power to abuja when he did. The timing of the centenary and expiration of oil well licenses raises an eyebrow
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2013
^^^ Interestin take, wen does the licence expire?
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
David Mark can not just say NO, he has to offer an alternative if he is not happy with SNC.

Is he suggesting that the NASS assembly is capable of undertaking the debate on the need for devolution? if this is his argument he has a point but he can not just say no. He has to offer an alternative, an opportunity to debate this at the NASS and if possible offer of referendum where Nigerians can vote to re-structure Government or not.

Saying no for the sake of it is dictatorship. If the President in response to the agitation of Nigerians offers an SNC then David Mark can not just say NO. He must offer an alternative or accept the President's offer.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by PointB: 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
^^^
Good point Mike,
David Mark will be doing himself and Nigeria a great disservice by simply saying 'NO' with providing an alternative. Nigerians want to have a say in how the future is going to be shaped. Sitting in his comfort zones and simply pointing to the constitution is pure nonsense. The constitution is made for the people, never the other way round. By the way, is David Mark no same fellow who was prancing around during the Yar Adua last days screaming 'doctrine of necessity'? Well, the SNC calls for another 'doctrine of necessity' and he better come up with something. Soon enough he might inherit the toga of cluelessness being shed by the incumbent president. The ball is in his court, and he's got to show some balls (pun intended). A 'populist' move in support of the SNC is expected from him by his Idoma people at the very least!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by alaoeri: 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Tinubu has being clamoring for SNC since 2007, na now GEJ eye come open simply because he don see the hand writing on the wall that 2015 is no go area.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by ijawcitizen(m): 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
alaoeri: Tinubu has being clamoring for SNC since 2007, na now GEJ eye come open simply because he don see the hand writing on the wall that 2015 is no go area.
Una don start again o!!!
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
Another thing I will add to my previous post is, that ridiculous affirmative action or benefit system that Amaechi is proposing for Almajiri education or whatever he calls it should not be voted for by southern politicians in the NASS in return for nothing.

If Nigeria as it is is working then let us all love it the way it is. There is no justification for funding any special education programmes for certain parts of the country while the rest fund their own education.

The cost of Governance is crippling our country! There is no money to do anything else. Those who do not support a re-structuring of Government to help free up money to address other issues should not be allowed to turn around and benefit from the Bankrupt state! who will pay for it?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Ogbonaikenna(m): 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
great
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by mcquin(m): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
1stly my father is 4rm calaba nd my mum 4rm Akwa-ibom,so u can se I'm a strong 9ja-deltan nd also part of d proposed Biafra but truth b told nobody actually wants 9ja 2 divide.even dos callin 4 d division of Nigeria here,u wnt say dis wen d reality hits u cos we al r proud nigerians.. Each nd evry1 on here must hav boasted about 9ja 2 oda W.A countries esp Gh if d truth b told.
Now 4 a lover of Nigeria,what shud boda him shud b d ff:
1 Shud we practce a Parliamentary system or a Presidential system(which is 2 xpensive yet we practice it)?
2 Do we practice Federalism or Conferalism nd nt d unitary style which we r operatin in practice(dis d north prefer as it is in tangem wif their autocratic-theocracy which islam suports.it is d top-botom aproach nd it has dragd us bak.it is anti-democratic nd dat is d stance of islam).
3 Do we continue 2 operate a Bi-camera legislature which is way 2 xpensive or a unicamera 1...BTW shudnt it b part-time?(D legislators obviously wil opose dis buh dey hav no say in dis mata.
4 how do we reduce cost of governance esp d duplication of functions by agency?
5 Do we apply d Uwais report on electoral reforms in wholesale which includes Jettisoning d powers of d president 2 appoint d chairman of d electoral body.this c'minute sense acepts as a coach can't apoint a referee in a game his team is 2 b involved.(Ofcourse d rulin party wud rfuse dis as dey hav alwedy done,buh in dis,no choice).
6. Public service must b made less attractive so only people dat want 2 help gt involved.
7 Shud society's basic necessities like food,shelter,education nd employment bcom justiciable in d constition?
8 shud d Police and Academic staffs earn more than politicians?I mean even secondary skul teachers.
9 Do we need a 2party system?
10 how do we diversify d economy... 4 me I can vote d minister of agric. As President because of dis.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Joel3(m): 10:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
mcquin: 1stly my father is 4rm calaba nd my mum 4rm Akwa-ibom,so u can se I'm a strong 9ja-deltan nd also part of d proposed Biafra but truth b told nobody actually wants 9ja 2 divide.even dos callin 4 d division of Nigeria here,u wnt say dis wen d reality hits u cos we al r proud nigerians.. Each nd evry1 on here must hav boasted about 9ja 2 oda W.A countries esp Gh if d truth b told. Now 4 a lover of Nigeria,what shud boda him shud b d ff: 1 Shud we practce a Parliamentary system or a Presidential system(which is 2 xpensive yet we practice it)? 2 Do we practice Federalism or Conferalism nd nt d unitary style which we r operatin in practice(dis d north prefer as it is in tangem wif their autocratic-theocracy which islam suports.it is d top-botom aproach nd it has dragd us bak.it is anti-democratic nd dat is d stance of islam). 3 Do we continue 2 operate a Bi-camera legislature which is way 2 xpensive or a unicamera 1...BTW shudnt it b part-time?(D legislators obviously wil opose dis buh dey hav no say in dis mata. 4 how do we reduce cost of governance esp d duplication of functions by agency? 5 Do we apply d Uwais report on electoral reforms in wholesale which includes Jettisoning d powers of d president 2 appoint d chairman of d electoral body.this c'minute sense acepts as a coach can't apoint a referee in a game his team is 2 b involved.(Ofcourse d rulin party wud rfuse dis as dey hav alwedy done,buh in dis,no choice). 6. Public service must b made less attractive so only people dat want 2 help gt involved. 7 Shud society's basic necessities like food,shelter,education nd employment bcom justiciable in d constition? 8 shud d Police and Academic staffs earn more than politicians?I mean even secondary skul teachers. 9 Do we need a 2party system? 10 how do we diversify d economy... 4 me I can vote d minister of agric. As President because of dis.
you are not communicating, not until you write properly
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by manmade(m): 3:10am On Sep 25, 2013
Garri_Activist: Drunken Garri_Activist with his ogogoro bottle dream! Will dis man ever be sober undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? / Pope Francis Storm Abia State To See Kanu PICS - CNN / Meet The Man Who Sold Nigeria To The British For £865k In 1899(PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.