Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust (4684 Views)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by BrokenTV: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
Am i dreaming or am i seeing well.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
Drunken fisherman president with his ogogoro bottle dream! Will dis man ever be sober undecided
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by manny4life(m): 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
geeez:

There will be a minimum of five countries if there should be a referendum around that today

The SS already knows the reason why you so badly wanna associate with them is their oyel and they are wiser now than they were about forty years ago

You mean the same oil dwindling in global oil demand? Lol,

The Igbo nation will capitalize on the modern hybrid/solar conversion for energy be it for auto or power. As much as oil is good, it will finish someday, so I don't give a hoot about SS oil or whatever oil. Technology and development will be a pacesetter for us.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
berem: Good! Me and my household will support Jonathan if this comes true. Can't wait to leave Lagos and be part of the Biafra Republic. cool

Hmmn....I am discombobulated. You are finally falling into the better policy divide. You should start saying "Fresh Air" soon.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by castrogee(m): 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
Jonathan will continue to rule this country until the world cracks..... He has my 100% support

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by ckkris: 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
berem: Good! Me and my household will support Jonathan if this comes true. Can't wait to leave Lagos and be part of the Biafra Republic. cool
See winch o.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
Billyonaire:

Hmmn....I am discombobulated. You are finally falling into the better policy divide. You should start saying "Fresh Air" soon.
SNC is the solution to Nigeria's problem. If it happens, Jonathan has my total support. Fresh Air indeed! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by IGBOSON1: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
gbogboti: The countries will be;
1.Arewa Republic
2.Bena Republic
3.Niger Delta Republic
4.The Sovereign State of Biafra
5.Oduduwa Republic

Thatz all

^^^I don't think the Ijaws will want to share a country with anyone, and I don't think the Efiks/Annangs/Ibibios will want to share one with them; so the Niger Delta may be split into 2 or 3 parts!
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by ezebest1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
And who told you the entire SE is not endowed with oil? Already explored are the deposits in Abia, Imo and recently Anambra; in the pipeline is Ebonyi. Wake up pls!!!
geeez:

There will be a minimum of five countries if there should be a referendum around that today

The SS already knows the reason why you so badly wanna associate with them is their oyel and they are wiser now than they were about forty years ago
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by tubolancer(m): 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ride on Johnny!
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2013

Eko oni baje tongue
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Tranquill: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
Is it not ironic how few people who always claim there was an agreement signed by Jonathan to serve for one term without the knowledge of majority of Nigerians will always stand against a conference that will be open to all to discuss how this country should be governed and how we are to live together?
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nomswilli(m): 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
castrogee: Jonathan will continue to rule this country until the world cracks..... He has my 100% support
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah na u wan crak the world?
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Emperor007: 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
eze-best:
And who told you the entire SE is not endowed with oil? Already explored are the deposits in Abia, Imo and recently Anambra; in the pipeline is Ebonyi. Wake up pls!!!

^^^

Ignore him please.

Oil wouldn't even be our strength, rather technology, commerce and industrialization. Highly advanced nations are already thinking beyond oil & gas.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Emperor007: 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
SNC is long over due.

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by jaso1(m): 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
i'm passionate about unity of our beloved country. the circumstances has made me to look inward on what my neighbour capable to do. with situation on ground, i have made to believe that i'm sleeping on bomb powder if what am hearing or reading about SNC is real or not. The situation has gone beyond reasonable and as a result, i dont think things are under control as claimed by some fools whom believe that politice is about blood spiliting. our president should be bold to tell us if thnigs are beyong his control so that we can start planning on alternative. The situation now has gone beyond immagination and i believe we should start thinking outside the box so as to save ourselves and our family. things have gone beyond immagination my people.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Onlytruth(m): 11:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
God please let this be true.
GEJ was losing me lately, but since this news I am heading back to his camp.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by tomakint: 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
They (APC, ACN e-thugs) called him many derogatory names despite our (Team FreshAir) many attempts to educate them on why Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the BEST THING that happened to us since Independence! They even said he had no ballz, now the one they accused of being 'balless' is treading the path (planning to convoke a SNC) not even IBB, OBJ (full blooded soldiers) dare not tread undecided Ride on GEJ, God is on your side Sir!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by tomakint: 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
ckkris: See winch o.
No need to call them names, let's welcome them home like the 'prodigal son' with our magnanimous hearts and open arms......but I must admit, your comment there got me cracking up grin grin

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by dayokanu(m): 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
The best thing that has come out of Retardeen since he ventured into Politics
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by gerald09(m): 11:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
I don't understand the problem with this SNC. Dey call it "One Nigeria" but Nigeria has never bin One since d end of d civil war, its just bin dormant. We can't keep lying to ourselves n doing d sametin n hopin on a different result. U call 1 Nigeria yet the north believes it is more superior, the Ibos n yoruba don't c eye to eye, d hate within d tribes is getting very bad. The senate, house of rep, LG and state gov have all failed in the oneness of Nigeria. So why fight this?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by nduchucks: 1:47am On Sep 23, 2013
My problems with the said SNC:

(1) We will be represented by the same thieving 'leaders' who we should be getting rid of.
(2) GEJ's timing is not only suspicious but outright dumb
(3) Separation must be off the table for it to be supported by more than 50% of the nation
(4) Whatever its outcome - implementation will depend on NASS's action, else it becomes an unconstitutional effort in futility.

For me, nothing short of Sergent Doe type of prescription or a Buhari presidency, will save our nation.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by ijawcitizen(m): 3:24am On Sep 23, 2013
Kamanda: On One Great Biafra (SE plus SS) I stand.

Our collective Oyels and ingenuity will make us the REAL Giant of Africa.

The Leadership qualities of the SE and hard working spirit of the SS will make us the envy of the Black Race.
Listen my friend!
You better start thinking of how to develope your SE, SS (minus Igboid people) got nothing to do with you.

So keeping dreaming until you wake up to the reality of Igbo republic of Biafra.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by ijawcitizen(m): 3:30am On Sep 23, 2013
DerideGull:

You can have your capital in Calabar or Yenagoa but Port Harcourt (Igwe Ocha) is none negotiable as it will become integral part of Republic of Igbo land.
The Ikwerre and Okrika-Ijaw natives of Port Harcourt never called the town Igwe Ocha, I don't know what this Igbo expansionists are up to!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by manny4life(m): 3:32am On Sep 23, 2013
ndu_chucks: My problems with the said SNC:

(1) We will be represented by the same thieving 'leaders' who we should be getting rid of.
(2) GEJ's timing is not only suspicious but outright dumb
(3) Separation must be off the table for it to be supported by more than 50% of the nation
(4) Whatever its outcome - implementation will depend on NASS's action, else it becomes an unconstitutional effort in futility.

For me, nothing short of Sergent Doe type of prescription or a Buhari presidency, will save our nation.

(1) If you don't want to be represented by the thieving leaders, select men of integrity to represent your region.

(2) What is wrong with GEJ's timing? Whether he did it now or later, the SNC is needed anyway

(3) Why should separation be off the table? When groups of people can't live together peacefully in one nation, the best is they should split. Don't worry about 50% of Nigerians supporting it, your northern leaders want a split, the SE/SS want a split, it's only the SW has been a lil resistant.

(4) Who elected NASS? The electorate right? The Constitution did not fall from heaven, it was written by someone, and thus can be annulled. Whether NASS accept it or not, leave it to the people to decide, a referendum will be a good place to start, as for unconstitutionality, as long as our democratic system is a govt of the people, for the people and by the people, that's more so inconsequential.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by 1soul(m): 4:38am On Sep 23, 2013
Kamanda: On One Great Biafra (SE plus SS) I stand.

Our collective Oyels and ingenuity will make us the REAL Giant of Africa.

The Leadership qualities of the SE and hard working spirit of the SS will make us the envy of the Black Race.
My guy I don't know what you're driving at, but I'm very sure you're just an imposter trying to ridicule my people.

For your information, we don't need the SS, all we would never give up is our fellow Igbos amongst them, we will go along with Anioma, the Igbos in Rivers state and any other Igbo speaking towns within any adjoining state. We have all it takes to stand tall amongst committee of nations; education, entrepreneurship, science, technology, ingenuity, oil, gas, coal, limestone, agriculture, entertainment, sports and a strong presence in diaspora with a large market share in African trade!

God has blessed us with rich human resources, and that is our nitche! Almost every country now has oil and many more would, not to mention the deadly blow shale oil would have on crude oil market by the time America and Canada are done fully expanding to their projected-optimum-output.. Then amnesty-liabilities would start to emerge from the creeks looking for industries to employ them!

We are good to go and be on our own, because, if we end up with the non Igbo SS in the same republic, no matter how fare and equal we treat them, they will always come up with their usual EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL of "Igbo oppressing the minority ethnic groups"! They would always misinterpret the igbo competitive spirit to "being domineering"!

Our igbo brothers in SS abi na Nigerdelta are all we need, the rest can decide whatever they want to be, it is not our business! Atleast we can proudly say we have enough oil and gas to export and also power our industries and run our internal affairs for many years!

Ndigbo are blessed!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Xfactoria: 5:21am On Sep 23, 2013
This Jonathan guy is not clueless afterall because I see where all this is going.

Like it can be expected of any of the ethnic groups in the south, the Niger Delta/Ijaw people will make a tough demand (resource control up to say 80%, true federalism, a weak center etc) on the rest of the nation and opt to secede if those demands are not met (these interests naturally align with those of the SE and SW). If anyone resists them, Tompolo and Asari Dokubo will open their armoury and blow up all oil pipelines. The nation will be brought to her knees and they will have their way because other groups -SE and SW will probably make same demand. Plan B might be that the North will quickly see that this would dislodge their advantage and will beg Jonathan drop the SNC and he will demand a support for 2nd term in return.

In other words, If GEJ would not get 2015, he would clip the wings of the north forever because if the SNC succeeds, the North will lose its fraudulent advantage over other ethnic groups in Nigeria. All their rich men will lose oil blocks, oil money to the center will be too small to share and almajiri population will grow at a geometric proportion to an unmanageable size. In the light of scarce resources, a revolution that will claim almost all their elites will eventually ensure a wealth distribution sometime in the near future. By the time they see where all this is going, they will beg Jonathan to have a second term.

If GEJ's intention is genuine, perhaps it must be that he wants to make sure that the national cake that is causing tension at the center is no longer attractive so that it doesn't matter wherever the President of the country comes from. No one gets to assure the development of their areas at the expense of others by voting their son into the Presidency.

Whichever way, this guy is not clueless afterall!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by 1soul(m): 5:22am On Sep 23, 2013
eze-best:

Leave those fools to continue drawning in their self deceit, as if it changes the fact on ground we have oil in commercial quantity! Igboland(SS Igbos inclusive) are blessed beyond measure.....God no be man! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by russellino: 5:26am On Sep 23, 2013
My prayer is that Nigerians seize this opportunity to stand up for this. We have been asking for this for twenty years (since june 12) and finally an administration is ready for it (I hope) even though the motives seem suspect. Great development. Nobody should be happy being called a parasite, betrayer or problem, let's talk real talk so our children can be spared all this.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by ichidodo: 5:34am On Sep 23, 2013
1soul:
My guy I don't know what you're driving at, but I'm very sure you're just an imposter trying to ridicule my people.

For your information, we don't need the SS, all we would never give up is our fellow Igbos amongst them, we will go along with Anioma, the Igbos in Rivers state and any other Igbo speaking towns within any adjoining state. We have all it takes to stand tall amongst committee of nations; education, entrepreneurship, science, technology, ingenuity, oil, gas, coal, limestone, agriculture, entertainment, sports and a strong presence in diaspora with a large market share in African trade!

God has blessed us with rich human resources, and that is our nitche! Almost every country now has oil and many more would, not to mention the deadly blow shale oil would have on crude oil market by the time America and Canada are done fully expanding to their projected-optimum-output.. Then amnesty-liabilities would start to emerge from the creeks looking for industries to employ them!

We are good to go and be on our own, because, if we end up with the non Igbo SS in the same republic, no matter how fare and equal we treat them, they will always come up with their usual EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL of "Igbo oppressing the minority ethnic groups"! They would always misinterpret the igbo competitive spirit to "being domineering"!

Our igbo brothers in SS abi na Nigerdelta are all we need, the rest can decide whatever they want to be, it is not our business! Atleast we can proudly say we have enough oil and gas to export and also power our industries and run our internal affairs for many years!

Ndigbo are blessed!
You couldn't have said it better.Kudos.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by 1soul(m): 6:04am On Sep 23, 2013
ijaw citizen: The Ikwerre and Okrika-Ijaw natives of Port Harcourt never called the town Igwe Ocha, I don't know what this Igbo expansionists are up to!

Stupidity at its peak! Who the hell are you to decide where each ethnic nationality would fall into in the event of disintegration? Speak for your Ijaw people(that is if at you're truly one yourself). For your information, a lot of the minority non-Igbo ethnic groups in SS have shown more tolerance, loyalty, respect and affinity to the Igbos than they would ever do to the arrogant Ijaws.

Ask the Ibibio and the calabar man, and they'd tell you the Igbos are not in your league, every right thinking person would naturally identify with progressive and creative minds and not a bunch of people whose relevance starts and ends with oil, with their elders led by deadbrains like Asari Dokubo and illitrate creek dwellers. Who even gave you the right to speak for the whole ethnic groups in Niger-Delta?

Igbo-phobia lol... The insecurity keeps you drawning daily each time SS or NigerDelta is mentioned in relation to Igbos....I bet you will commit suicide when the great people of Akwa Ibom and Calabar decide to side and go with the Igbos in refrendum!

Keep watching! I promise you heartbreak!

Time will tell..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? / Biafra Lady's On Display, Organizes Miss Biafra! - Pics / Is Buhari Aiding Bokoharam? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.