Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,576 members, 7,861,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

Eyinta..episode One - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Eyinta..episode One (1032 Views)

An Evening With Eva (episode One) / ROMANCRLANDER End Time SERIES: Episode One--kmbf / It Happened To Me Too...episode One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eyinta..episode One by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hello Missjean fam,

I finally got the courage to put up some the stories i wrote in my spare time.

This is the first episode of a series. I will post a new episode every Saturday.

Here goes

I will never forget the day I met Enyinta, still remember the first time I heard his voice. I wonder if things would have turned out differently for me if I hadn’t gone to look for food that night…maybe I won’t be where I am now, filled with regrets, wondering how to continue living my life without this man that has hurt me so much, but whom my treacherous heart can’t seem to stop loving. This is how it all began.

“Madam bring it, If these beautiful ladies seated in front of me can drink water gotten from a keg, who am I to be picky about where the water came from”.

I heard someone say from behind me, to the woman that served Lola and me jollof rice in her small container shop that could only contain no more than eight to ten customers at a time.

“What’s this one forming sef”? I murmured to myself, as my new friend Lola sitting across the plastic canteen table from me, burst in to laughter at the disgusted expression on my face.

“Kamsi you seem like a trouble maker” she said.

Smiling, I just rolled my eyes. “Let’s hurry and leave please” I said.

I quickly finished my meal, and Lola following suit pushed her plate away, we paid and left the canteen.

“Excuse me, what University did you graduate from?” I heard someone shout breathlessly; it was clear that he had been running to catch up with us.

“Why do you want to know”? I said turning with an irritated look on my face.

“Forgive me; I should have introduced myself first. My name is Eyinta, I ask because I want to settle an argument. See, my friend and I have been arguing about the university you must have attended, because of how gentle you look I say B.I.U, but he says it must be Covenant University. So please, fine girl could you solve this dilemma for us”? He asked smiling.

These two people must be really jobless I thought to myself, and then I answered.

“I graduated from AAU, so the both of you are wrong. Goodnight”

Turning, I walked up to Lola who was waiting impatiently ,and we walked to the hostel.

All these started the first day of NYSC orientation camp, I arrived really late that night, made a new friend Lola, whom I met as we were checking in for registration and that’s how we got placed in the same room for the three weeks of camping that changed my life.

Let me start by saying this. I am very beautiful; dark skinned with an enthralling figure eight, and like my numerous admirers will normally say, I have the kind of smile that would make a guy want to empty his bank account just to please me. In fact, sometimes when I look in the mirror and see myself, even I think that I should be in prison, because actually in some cultures like that of Narcissus of Greek mythology, to be this beautiful would be a punishable offence.

I am used to guys falling all over me and I have heard so many pick up lines that I think if I compiled and sold them, I should be able to afford a house by now.
So I wasn’t surprised when Eyinta running into me the next day while I was having my nails done in mami market, asked for my phone number. What surprised me though was that I gave it to him…because he wasn’t really my type, not that I really had a type, but he was the type of guy I never really used to have any interest in.

I was in the hostel after evening drill the next day when I heard my phone ringing, as I reached for it to take the call it was a strange number and instantly a smile came upon my face as if to confirm my theory yet again; I knew he would call sooner or later.

“Hi Kamsi, its Eyinta remember me? The guy that took your number while you were doing your nails in mami”, he said when I answered.

“Yeah I remember, what’s up”? I replied.

“I saw you in parade ground this evening and you looked really tired, I guess you are not so used to physical exercises right? He asked chuckling.

“No jor, I am not. I’m tired of camp already, waking up so early and the crappy food, I want to go home” I said mortified at the thought that he was observing me during evening drills ,which I was terrible at by the way.

“Sorry dear, have you finished your registration?” he asked.

“No I haven’t, though I don’t have to do much sha, the lines were too long so I came back to my room to rest”. I replied.

“Lazy girl, you seemed so fragile doing those drills today, so I guess you don’t even have the strength to stand in the sun. But I am also not done with mine so I think we could meet up this evening at the registration hall, keep each other company while we wait for our turn. What do you think”? He asked laxly.

“OK I guess it’s not a bad idea meet me there in the next 30 minutes”. I replied ending the call.

Well at least I will have company, I thought to myself, I got up and started getting dressed to go out.

On meeting him, I was overtaken by the charmer he really was. Enyinta was smart…attentive, we liked the same kinds of music, he helped me carry my documents around throughout the whole registration process which I saw as caring on his part, and he could also hold a conversation. That was the beginning of the proposed few minutes that turned into hours…

At a point I noticed that he wasn’t actually registering anything, I asked him about it. He explained that he had lied to me, that he was already through with his registration but wanted an opportunity to spend time with me in a way I wouldn’t see as a date, so that I don’t get suspicious and say no to him.
I saw this as romantic (I will come to find out how conveniently he lied), and that was when I fell in love with Enyinta.

to be continued....
Re: Eyinta..episode One by kabayomi(m): 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
Waoh nice one (y) subscribed already...... But nah all the girls for story dey fine... No ugly ones abi ugly ones no dey fall in love... Lol

1 Like

Re: Eyinta..episode One by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kamsi na fine girl ooo,u no hear d name..lol
Re: Eyinta..episode One by mcfynest(m): 7:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
ok......pls update frequently or else we will get bored
Re: Eyinta..episode One by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
mcfynest: ok......pls update frequently or else we will get bored
mcfynest: ok......pls update frequently or else we will get bored
ok,i will
Re: Eyinta..episode One by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
7 years later

“Go to sleep darling,I promise I will wait till you’re sleeping before I leave the room OK” I said to my 3 years old daughter, whom had just woken up screaming from a nightmare. This is how I found my way to her bed.

“Would you tell daddy to come say goodnight when he gets back?” She asks, already rubbing her eyes, with one of her tiny fist.

“I will baby, sleep now OK.” I answered, rubbing her back the way I know puts her to sleep right from the day we brought her back from the hospital after her birth.

Its 10:30 pm, and Eyinta is still not back home from work. He started acting this way, 2 years ago and it has quickly become a habit. At first I stayed up worrying and waiting for him till he showed up, then when he did we fought over him not calling before hand to let me know…then we will end up sleeping in separate rooms, then continue fighting the next morning.
After a while he didn't bother coming home at all, he just slept out and whenever he got back home he gave me no explanations.
I talked,I cried,I knelt down in front of him and begged his forgiveness for whatever sin I had committed knowing and unknowing, that made him prefer to be anywhere but home. If anything,it seemed to make it worse.

I had to involve our families, he got furious at me for bringing third parties into our marital issues,and walked out on the family meetings on many occasions. He had such a big fight with his dad that until now it left a strain on their relationship,his mother asked me to keep praying,that her son will change back.

I prayed hard…fasted, couldn't report to our pastor because it would have worsened the situation,after a while I got tired of praying. It seemed like either God didn't exist or I just wasn't in his agenda for now.What changed him in the first place I wondered? I should at least know what I was being punished for. I had spent so much time wondering what happened to the man I married, but every time I came up empty.

I waited for Olanma to sleep, then I gently put her head back on her pillow from my thighs where she liked resting her head, waited for her breathing to become steady then I left her room. I walked into my room and went to seat on the desk where my laptop was placed, and continued chatting with Joshua.

“Hey baby, she should be asleep now right?” he typed on skype.

“Yes she is,I think she is becoming more aware of whats going on between Eyinta and i. Joshua I don’t know what to do anymore,this is getting out of hand.” I typed back.

“Kamsi you know what to do, you just don’t want to do it. Lets continue what we started those years ago,leave him, bring Olanma. You have a good job and I will support you if need anything,you haven’t been happy for years now,why wont you come to your senses and see this for what it is?”

“Joshua please don’t talk like this, what about your wife, have you considered her feelings in all this? Lets just stop this kinda talk, he is my husband.” I replied, typing furiously.

“Husband indeed, where is le boo right this moment ? You don't know,he probably already has a mistress stowed away in some fancy apartment. Stopping kidding yourself and face reality.” I read on the screen.

“Joshua I think I better go to sleep now,I have an early meeting with my boss tomorrow. Goodnight “ I didn't wait for him to reply,voicing out my fears got me really mad at him. I closed the skype icon and walked into the bathroom to take my bath.

“What will I see when I open this door? Is she already in bed? Why have I become this vengeful person? why did she change? Was I not enough for her? What could I have done that that is so terrible and unforgivable that she had to seek someone else out?” I thought to myself as I fit the key in the keyhole and opened the door. There was no one in the sitting room, so I knew she was in our bedroom.

Seeing Kamsi has become a source of joy and sorrow for me,because whenever I see her face I see the only woman I had given my heart,and the woman that had broken it into irreparable pieces. I love my wife so much still, but I can’t seem to forget or confront her for what she did to me 2 years ago. I cant forgive her betrayal, seeing her just reminded me of everything.
Let her suffer as I have suffered, not knowing what she did wrong as I felt when I found out. I love her enough not to let her go, but I will make sure she pays for what she has done to me. She has to pay for making me a shell of my former self.

“Eyinta is that you?” she called from the bathroom, as I entered into our bedroom and closed the door loudly.

“Yes its me” I replied.

What a deceitful person she is, now she is pretending to be a concerned wife. I thought to myself. Dropping my laptop bag on the chair beside the desk, and went on to change out of my cigarette and alcohol smelling work clothes.

I am ashamed of the person I have become, I now drank to drown out my sorrows, even my friends didn't know what to do with me anymore . I haven’t told anybody what happened to make me become this way,how could i? how could I tell my fellow men that I had been cuckolded? I would never live down the shame. They will all advice me to leave her,and I know I don’t want to do so,and this above all else made me so ashamed. The weakness I had towards this woman,that she could do this and I still do nothing is why I cant confront her, and that is why I will make sure that I make her just as miserable as she had made me.

After I finished undressing ,I made for the bed when I heard a beep on my wife’s laptop. I normally wouldn't check her laptop, but that was the beep I heard when she chatted with her sister in the U.S on skype. Who could she be skyping with at this time? I was really curious to know, and my curiosity won over because I went to her laptop and clicked on the skype icon. The IM was from her contact Joshua, and what I saw turned my legs to jelly.

“You are running to bed because I said you should leave him abi? You know you want to, isn't that what you have been telling me for a while now? You know that I am here for you, make up your mind. We will talk more tomorrow, goodnight baby”

I heard my laptop beep as i was toweling my body in the bathroom,and i wondered who could be sending me messages at this time. Then it occurred to me that i neither turned off my laptop,nor did i quit skype,instead i only closed it. which meant i would still receive messages,if i were chatting with someone,and i had been chatting with Joshua.
why am i worrying, Eyinta didn't go through my phone or my laptop, he just wouldn't care enough to.
He was probably passed out drunk on our bed,as is his habit.

So i put on my night shirt and opened the door stepping into the room and froze on the spot. Eyinta was leaning over my laptop, looking at the screen in shock. as he heard me come into the room he turned to look at me and said.

" Your boyfriend Joshua just sent you a message." He said to me,with disgust written all over his face, then he turned towards the door and walked out of the room.

to be continued...

1 Like

Re: Eyinta..episode One by kabayomi(m): 5:44am On Oct 01, 2013
Hahahahaha
Re: Eyinta..episode One by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
EPISODE 3

I didn't think of Shola often, but I thought of her today. I was already dating Shola when I met Kamsi, she was everything Kamsi wasn't. She was an introvert, honest, cool headed, calm, reserved, she and my wife Kamsi were direct opposites of each other.
She loved me, never had any problems with her, until Kamsi came along with her vivacious personality and stole my heart. I doubt she would have been giving me the kind of problems I have now with Kamsi if I had been married to her
So I guess Karma has caught up with me, i am probably suffering for leaving Shola. Who knows, maybe she cursed me, even though I did the right thing by letting her go. Couldn't stay with her after the way I already felt about Kamsi,it would have just been wrong.

What if Kamsi left me for Joshua? What would I do? Why did I feel a pang of fear whenever I thought about it? I didn't bother asking Kamsi about what I saw, I don’t want to know the answer,and besides she is an expert liar, she would probably lie to me again, like she has been doing.

What shocks me the most is that I can't seem to hate her even now... I can't muster the hate,I have been trying to call it up it is just not coming. Yes I want to go into the room and choke her to dead, then seek Joshua out and shoot him in the face, but still I can't hate her. So i hated myself.

I was terrified, why isn't he breaking my head right now, how am I going to spin this? Why is he being so calm about it? Does he really hate me so much that he doesn't care if It seems like i was being unfaithful? I thought to myself, my heart fell and I sat down on the bed staring blankly at the door.

Different thoughts were chasing each other in my mind, yet I came to no reasonable resolution.
I had to go to him…better to get a feel of the situation, even though I was scared at his level of calmness, what if he got physical with me? Maybe I should let someone know I thought to myself, then decided against.
Squaring my shoulders I got up from the bed and walked to the guest room. Getting to the door, I knocked praying he wasn't already asleep.

I heard Kamsi knocking on the door, and I contemplated feigning sleep, but decided against it.

“You can come in.” I called.

“baby please can we talk? She asked me,standing by the door without closing it like she was positioning herself to make a hasty escape. It amused me actually, I sat up on the bed resting my back on the pillow against the bed post,with my arms folded and waited.

“sure why not, just make it quick” I said.

Kneeling down she burst into tears, her hands wringing her night shirt.

“Baby please why are you acting like you didn't see anything? Why are you not asking me about what you saw? Won't you at least hear me out? Have I become so repugnant to you that you don’t care that they might be another man in my life?” She asked me in between sobs.

“Kamsi I don’t have time for this,its past 2 am in the morning,please stand up and go back the way you came.”

“I should stand up? I should stand up? I wont leave this room, Eyinta you must answer me today. I am tired of your indifference, what is it? What did I do to you before now? Why do you hate me so much?” she shouted,waving her arms dramatically.

Wow! This woman can act, she should be in the movies, I almost believed her. I should not even be looking at her like this, I wont let her tears move me. I am not giving her the satisfaction of getting a reaction out of me, I thought to myself as she cried on the floor dramatically.

“You will wake Olanma you this woman, stop this nonsense that you are doing and go to your room, I need to sleep, and by the way I am travelling for work tomorrow and I don’t know when I will be back.” I said to her in a very calm voice,staring at her blankly.

She must have lost it, because she ran across the room to the bed and held me by the shirt.

“Eyinta I swear to God you are going nowhere do you hear me? You must do something today…beat me, do anything, just say something Eyinta…please I am your wife, you married me, you loved me,its your Kamsi. Please stop this and hear me out, ask me anything, say anything, but please just don’t ignore me again.” She pleaded, as the tears poured from her face in succession, and I felt a tug on my heart as she said those things to me.

“Kamsi leave my shirt whats your problem this early morning? Did I do something wrong by coming home? You wanted to talk I said talk, you are here crying and saying nothing reasonable to me instead. Did I beat you? Was I there when you started whatever it is you have going on with this Joshua? So why should I lose sleep over this? I asked her.

I untangled myself from my grasp, and got up walking towards the bedroom door with the intention to go to the sitting room when you she said what really blew the lid off the top of my fuse.
“Eyinta, baby, I swear I have never cheated on you, so why will I start now? Even though things have not been good between us,I would never even think of doing . I lov…”

“Shut up that your mouth, Kamsi if you tell that lie again, thunder will strike you dead there do you hear me? You Jezebel. Do you think I don’t know? I saw your phone!I saw the text messages from him. When we had just brought back Olanma from the hospital after you had her.”

He shouted in my face face not letting me finish what I was saying, he was shaking with anger. I have never seen Eyinta like this. But most of all, I was frozen on the spot because of what he just said, how much did he know?

"Did you think me a fool? Am I that stupid that you can actually stand there and lie to my face? Would you really insult my intelligence this way?" He continued, practically leaning into me.

He walked back to the bed and laid down,drew the covers up, then reached over to the bedside and turned off the beside lamp he turned on when I enter the room.

“Get out” I heard him say to me, I broke out of the shock that held me to the spot. I left.

Its been over a week, since that night that Eyinta saw my chat with Joshua. He left for work very early in the morning,not even stopping by our room to take any of his things for the supposed work trip. I haven't seen or heard from him, he wasn't taking my calls, or replying my messages.
I have been miserable, i didn't tell anyone about what happened,not my friendS, not our parents either. i have just been working to keep me distracted.

I was trying to distract myself with the normal office gossip, and my colleagues are well known for having all the juicy details of everything that happened in town, was engrossed with the gist i was hearing. At least it made me laugh, and helped me to forget my problems with my husband for about 30 minutes, then our break time was over.

"Hey Kamsi, where were you and your husband going in such a hurry that you didn't hear me calling out to you at the lobby of presidential hotel yesterday evening?"

My colleague Agnes asked me as we walked back to our office building, which is across the road from the fast food joint we usually went to eat lunch.

I didn't answer immediately, the air was knocked out of me,i felt ice go down my back,and my head felt light for a second. i quickly collected myself and humored her, i knew she was just fishing for office gist, because my colleague knows me well enough to be able to tell that it wasn't me she saw with Eyinta last night.

"You know how things are here in this town,I am sure i didn't hear you calling me. Port harcourt traffic did me in again, i was extremely tired after work maybe that's why i didn't hear. Please I need to buy something across the road,just continue going i will meet you back at the office." I said.

"OK no problem, hurry sha, don't want to do your job for you". she answered, dissatisfaction written all over her face. I didn't give her the drama filled answer she had been expecting.

I rushed into the restroom at the fast food joint, and broke into tears.

to be continued next week...
Re: Eyinta..episode One by zibrgt: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
nice write up. Maybe u should have a fix date for updates,that way ,we will know when to expect an update.
Re: Eyinta..episode One by Youngpo413: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
Come complete the story na

(1) (Reply)

Where Should I Take The Wife To For Vacation? / Tips On How To Get A Good Man / My Girlfriend Left Me For Another Guy, How Can I Win Her Love Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.