Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,729 members, 7,955,766 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

The SSS, The Police And Their Cat And Mouse Game Over APO Killing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The SSS, The Police And Their Cat And Mouse Game Over APO Killing (681 Views)

What Would Happen If The SSS Doesn't Produce Nnamdi Kanu On The 23rd? / A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others / Faces of the SSS fallen Heroes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The SSS, The Police And Their Cat And Mouse Game Over APO Killing by princenayo: 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
The SSS, the Police and their cat and mouse game over APO killing
In the early hours of Friday, a Joint Security operation of the military and the SSS led to the death of some persons behind Apo legislative quarters, Abuja. According to statement by the SSS spokes person, the operation was to dig for hidden arms in some uncompleted buildings in the area.
Since the news broke, different groups have reacted to the incident. However, the Police seem to be leading the group of those questioning the SSS version of the event. They have even come out to say they will probe the incident and those involved.
The action of the Police is as possibly related to their exclusion from major security operations by the SSS and the Army. The Police authorities are expressing anger that they have been sidelined by the others because of the perceived lack of trust on them. In May this year the military refused to follow the SSS and the Police to Nasarawa operation against the Ombatse cult because of their resolve not to be part of any operations involving the Police. True to their concern, the security agencies were killed and it was later revealed that a Police man had warned the Ombatse cult group of the intention of the security agencies.
Following that incident, the Police have been left out of all major security operation, including the one at Apo and they appear to be looking to get their pounds of flesh from the controversy surrounding the development. Am not interested in who does what, I just want to be safe wherever I go. Let them stop this cat and mouse game and do their work. Period.
Re: The SSS, The Police And Their Cat And Mouse Game Over APO Killing by 247notire(m): 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: The SSS, The Police And Their Cat And Mouse Game Over APO Killing by Euroclydon(m): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
247notire: .

Hmmmm...so for your mind u don book space abi?

Change the IG of Police to a military police officer and the Nigerian police would be sane again... Na my friend talk am...
Re: The SSS, The Police And Their Cat And Mouse Game Over APO Killing by Deleahmed: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
How can the urge for peace and stability be achieved in the law and order in a country when the two prominent stakeholder anchors with the mandate of ensuring peace in the nation are at logger heads? Could it be tussle for supremacy or overlapping of job functions that could have informed such unpatriotic and undemocratic attitude? the Nigerian police to a greater extent has tried in his duty and responsibility to the nation, but the fact the institution has recorded major failures in their operations cannot be ruled out. Is it the permeation of corruption in the society or contriving with criminals to carry out illicit activities or the prominent of their vices, call it "chin da rashawa, riba, egunje, abetele, ngari" or whatever the nomenclature one could use in explaining it. The DSS or SSS (don't know the reason for the change of name anyway) that I know has been a silent organization over the years, but has come to the open because of increase in the level of insecurity in the country which was as a result of the inept nature of the NFP and without fear of favor, that outfit has been able to shield the country from both internal and external aggression most especially the fight against the Boko boys. If so factual, what such organization needs is cooperation from other agencies. i still believe in that adage that "a stick does not make a broom" Winning the war against terror can not be achieved with without the cooperation of the security agencies...Except if we are still living in a dreamland. grin grin grin
Re: The SSS, The Police And Their Cat And Mouse Game Over APO Killing by dtemidare: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hembelembe (how does this concern us)
Re: The SSS, The Police And Their Cat And Mouse Game Over APO Killing by Joeadamu86: 4:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
As a follower of events in this country and the globe, inter agency rivalry is a global phenomenon, even in the US the world's advanced democracy the rival amongst security agencies is always obvious,but at the end of the day, national interest always prevails,coming back to Nigeria, alot of agencies have been carved out of the Nigeria Police Force,mainly due to lack of efficiency, to say the least the police still has a major role in the maintenance of public peace, but what we have seen so far is an agency wallowing in the vortex of corruption and non performance, i wanted to joint the police a few years ago after my youth service, my father had to beg me to be more patient for another job, why? because of credibility problem. The truth of the matter is the police is not helping matters, they would have been making work alot easier for other agencies if they have been performing their roles effectively, the secret police that is the DSS, has always been top of their game in producing good results even though with some lapses, but compared with the NPF, they are just excellent, if the DSS can produce intelligence and the NPF work on it, i think we we will be heading somewhere, but if the rivalry continuous, it will continue to hamper a lot of progress.

(1) (Reply)

Population : How Many Are We / The Real Problem With Nigeria By Reno Omokri / Major Earthquake Could Hit Israel Any Time - Experts Warn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.