Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Secrets Of A Muslim Woman - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Secrets Of A Muslim Woman (31920 Views)

Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" / Pregnant Muslim Woman Attacked In Paris, Loses Baby / Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by nagoma(m): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
More of these siter. There is too much ignorance and hatred around.

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Juell(m): 4:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hmm
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Freiburger(m): 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
Interesting...
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Good piece (to some) for the Muslim ladies though.......

....but unfortunately, with today's world evidences, i can only help the life of a female counterpart by throwing stories like this with my Left Hand in the bin if found around my vicinity..... 'cos it HAS BEEN AND WILL ONLY cause Severe drawbacks in the lives of progressing Females around me.....

...but still, good effort !!

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
RealSleek: A nice piece no doubt but yet she spoiled it at the end when she said "unlike christianity".. She would have made her point even without attacking someone else's belief....nevertheless .... I still believe chastity of the mind and modesty is the best tho.. When a man 's mind is corrupt, it doesn't matter if the woman is covered or not..he will still lust after her...dats all
yeah that part really ticked me off. @op,what did you mean by unlike christianity again? make your point and move along. dont bring another person's religion down to make yours look good.
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by otiigba1(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
pure brainwashing,its funny she did not mention under age marriage by this so called muslims, me thinks it does not matter how much you cover your face or body its not a guarantee to heaven,besides we are all born naked, cloths are man made,and why asume you are been judged by your looks? is that not paranoia? its funny because its usually the ones with low self esteems like covering their faces,

3 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by sweetcheecks(f): 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
Story, story, story...

And they way the article is written is suspect (especially the bolded)

... horror at what looks like a religion that deems women inferior. What doesn’t really seem to add up is that even though Islam seems to be the least appealing way of life for women, more and more intelligent, educated, independent women in the West feel that Islam showed them what it was to be true to their womanhood and are actually choosing to live as Muslims.

Now why would they want to do that?

To be honest, I would completely understand why someone might think Islam was an unattractive choice for women. When Islam is mentioned in the popular media, it is often mentioned alongside horrible stories and without much of a

Now why do I not believe that? Brainwashing thingz, wink

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by RazziP(m): 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
Dream to marry a muslim girl really love their head covering

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by dragnet: 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
captain_obvious:

Hmm my friend u said u not Muslim...but what u just wrote means 'you (Allah) alone deserves to be worshiped, and.you( Allah) deserves to be asked of help.'
smiley
wrong interpretation.

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Shyeikulislam1(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
Good article my brother tbaba1234. "if moving all most naked is 'civilaztion' then animals are more civilized".

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by theplanmaker: 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
op talked about judging an entire religion by the actions of a few . hmmm well d entire middle east, northern Nigeria, northern Africa, nd some Muslim communities are not wat u wud describe as "a few" are they? everyone who kills in d name of religion is most likely a Muslim, all the terrorist organization on earth 2day r Islamic , nd with the stuff hapenin in various Islamic regions, one may think that Islam has a thing 4 violence

3 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by AnyibestDede(m): 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
[quote author=RealSleek]A nice piece no doubt but yet she spoiled it at the end when she said "unlike christianity".. She would have made her point even without attacking someone else's belief....nevertheless .... I still believe chastity of the mind and modesty is the best tho.. When a man 's mind is corrupt, it doesn't matter if the woman is covered or not..he will still lust after her...dats all
[/quote wetin christain do una sef. She just spoilt the whole write up with that singular hypocrisy
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by oluamid(m): 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
oti-igba:
pure brainwashing,its funny she did not mention under age marriage by this so called muslims, me thinks it does not matter how much you cover your face or body its not a guarantee to heaven,besides we are all born naked, cloths are man made,and why asume you are been judged by your looks? is that not paranoia? its funny because its usually the ones with low self esteems like covering their faces,

Maybe better understanding is what you need?

"When people see a Muslim woman on the local High Street, covered from head to toe, exposing nothing but her eyes or her face and hands, all sorts of thoughts and images enter their minds:

Burkah clad victims who hide their bodies away out of shame, forced marriages[/font] and honour killings, suppression and oppression of women[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] –things that Islam totally condemns but some crazy Muslims are guilty of."

@post,

I doubt if people who have been living with the wrong perception of Islam since birth (and still constantly being fed such by the media) will turn around and have a different opinion. Brainwashing is a very deep thing. Besides, the actions of some so-called Muslims all over the world are not helping the matter.

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by OwoLee(m): 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nice article...islam is for all nd a respecta of all other religion...islam is peace!!!
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by otiigba1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
Shyeikul islam1: Good article my brother tbaba1234. "if moving all most naked is 'civilaztion' then animals are more civilized".
rubbish!! you forgot that we are all born with no cloths on, cloths are man made so is islam, who says you must cover up
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by McLuhan(m): 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
What is the point of contrasting your religion with someone else's? If you are persuaded that covering yourself from head to toe will lead you to paradise, then by all means do so! As far as I am concerned, we should have outgrown this simplistic binary notion that Islam's greatness is conditional on the (attempted) miniaturizing of Christianity - or vice versa. These two great religions have coexisted for thousands of years and, if it pleases God, they may yet coexist for longer.

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by maclatunji: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
oti-igba:
rubbish!! you forgot that we are all born with no cloths on, cloths are man made so is islam, who says you must cover up

I hope you will not walk naked on the street one day. You might just get locked up for a very long time.

3 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by otiigba1(m): 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
McLuhan: What is the point of contrasting your religion with someone else's? If you are persuaded that covering yourself from head to toe with sackcloth will lead you to paradise, then by all means do so! This bi And, by the way, who told you that Chritianity considers menstruation and chilbirth to be curses?

excatly and why is just muslim women who cover up why not the men too? as i mentioned earlier its low self esteem
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
Though not a Muslim, I sincerely appreciate this post. U cannot put on ur tv for 5mins without seeing a half nude woman, its sickening. "We are more than our vital statistics" Though I probably might not be able to put on a hijab, but I appreciate the "true" Muslim woman dress sense.

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by olahero(m): 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
1 shortblackboy: abeg person wey read that tin complete summarise for lazy people like me
We would never walk around with our PIN number on display would we? How
about our cash or our most precious jewels? Precious things are kept carefully
– and that’s what women are in Islam – precious; not to be flaunted cheaply,
but preserved under our robes for people whom we choose to share our
beauty with. And we all know that when we are dressed in a more modest
way, men show us more respect. Have you ever seen a man whistling at a
nun or a Muslim woman who is dressed in Hijab? If Mary came down to earth
today – who are the women she would be most like? When we dress as God
tells us to, people appreciate what we have to say and what our talents are
instead of judging us for the way we look.

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by FiftyFifty(m): 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
Interesting indeed, to say d least.
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by otiigba1(m): 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
judity: Though not a Muslim, I sincerely appreciate this post. U cannot put on ur tv for 5mins without seeing a half nude woman, its sickening. "We are more than our vital statistics" Though I probably might not be able to put on a hijab, but I appreciate the "true" Muslim woman dress sense.
turn off your TV! or scroll to Another channel you do not have to watch it! simple! hypocrite!
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by COOLDUN: 6:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
Why is it that muslims will never end any of their discussions without mentioning Christians? Now they are warning not to mention any religion but they started it first. To me no man ever preached the respect to women than what God said before creating Eve to be wife to Adam.

I read where she wrote how the Arabs were treating their women before muhamed came into existence. She even wrote that the female children were being buried alive because they were seen as burden to the Arabs, to me I will ask these questions, how were the Arabs multiplied if they were burying their female children alive? Secondly is there any good thing that ever came of from the Arabs?

The instruction of treating women well was given in the Bible by God, and was followed by good men who really love their mothers, sisters, and wives. I have watched how women were blown up for offences they were supposed to be pardoned for. Where is that love and respect that was preached and ordered by muhamed? Many women are forced to marry against their wishes, is it also preached by muhamed? Brothers, fathers kill their sister/daughter because of a little disobediences which is supposed to be corrected, is it a respect to women also? What is honor killing doing in one section of the world/religion? This lady was able to write this comment because she is educated, what about the other women who were denied education for just a baseless reasoning? What I know is that muhamed was not a world leader as this woman wrote but a founder of Islamic religion.

Women have their respects from the beginning as directed by God and heeded by the good men who truly loved their wives, sisters and mothers, even today, and not by covering of faces or hiding in the houses against their wishes.

I personally like, respect and adore women greatly as God made us to love ourselves. Dressing does never make anyone a saint. Reckless dressing is never good to both the dressers and the public no matter how we pretend. Let us love ourselves and stop hatred and senseless killings, not an outward dressing and pretence love and respect of women. Thank you all.

6 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Ayoobscom(m): 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
The Americans British women now have realized the virtue in covering their body..

Lol....they are really converting and any woman who really loves marry n pray in the name of marry should begin by dressing like marry

It is horrible what we see on lagos street everyday...one soft,silky rag they wear now to office,market n school with a huge crucifix dangling between a half popping breast

Subhanalah....what do they learn in church?
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by truthtalk: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
Indeed, women are equal to men in the society but, they are under the man they are married to.
Modest dressing does bring respect to a woman.
I like women who have respect for their bodies and leave everything to men's imaginations.
Good article!
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by k4kenny(f): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
RealSleek: A nice piece no doubt but yet she spoiled it at the end when she said "unlike christianity".. She would have made her point even without attacking someone else's belief....nevertheless .... I still believe chastity of the mind and modesty is the best tho.. When a man 's mind is corrupt, it doesn't matter if the woman is covered or not..he will still lust after her...dats all

But the author wasn't attacking christianity or any other religion. She simply pointed out the biblical account stating women who experience pain while giving birth are suffering from the sins if Eve. Islam doesn't see it that way. Allah (swt) created the woman's (human) physiology to go through thick and thin.

@topic
Most beautiful piece I've seen in a while. Sad to say that even some muslims misunderstand the message of the Prophet (saw).

Proud to be a muslimah cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by olahero(m): 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
oti-igba:
YOU this drunkard again? shame on you!
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by pickabeau1: 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
Can this lady quote from the sura to support her points

If this is true, she needs to disabuse a lot of people's minds who believe it is scriptural to marry underage girls

They are struggling in yemen to enforce minimum age for marriage
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by otiigba1(m): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
olahero: YOU this drunkard again? shame on you!
thanks for the insult, so much for a religion (islam) of peace you are already in insulting me for having an opinion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam / Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics / Importance of Ayatul Kursi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.