Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Advice On Mobile App Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Advice On Mobile App Development (777 Views)

Website Totally Developed On Mobile, NO PC / Why I Left Android App Development Since Last Year. / Need Advice On Mobile Apps Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Mobile App Development by swiftguy1: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2013
I just started learning Java, and truth be told, the materials online are just too much. The plan is to develop mobile apps but the books i found on mobile app development all talked about having an idea of java generally before starting so I had to start learning java. A little advice would be cool. I use Netbeans, JDK 7, and I also have the ADK, but my main challenge is to get the right materials.

Past experience: HTML, PHP, MySQL
Re: Advice On Mobile App Development by GideonG(m): 7:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
If you know PHP you can understand Java in less than two months! Keep on keeping on you will get there
Re: Advice On Mobile App Development by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
Mobile apps, Well that's cool.. Have u thought of delving into Android app development since the whole world is migrating to Android Phones..

If u have, Then You can use HTML5 , CSS and JQUERY to design android apps.. Though JaVa is Ok buh IMHO, The 3 languages above can get u up to speed..

By The way, Just visit www.it-ebooks.info and type Android on the search bar there.. You'll see a lotta Books on Android Development..

Cheers..
Re: Advice On Mobile App Development by Javanian: 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Djangocode:

If u have, Then You can use HTML5 , CSS and JQUERY to design android apps.. Though JaVa is Ok buh IMHO, The 3 languages above can get u up to speed..

@OP DONT take this advice, there is NO efficient alternative to a native app, atleast not yet. Keep up with the Java.
Re: Advice On Mobile App Development by GideonG(m): 7:32am On Sep 25, 2013
Don't rely on HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript cross platform Hybrid Apps they are very slow and of low quality compare to Native Android.
Take your time and learn Java and Native Android development, it's the best!
Re: Advice On Mobile App Development by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 25, 2013
@Javanian n GideonG.. I surrender..

I Thought they were really as fast as Java apps..

Anyways, @OP, The gods have spoken, n am a mere Creation..

Follow their Advice.. Or alternatively visit the programming section on d topic "Which Programming Course should I Take" started by Javanian.. It'll help u on where to get Java Books and videos online..

Cheers..
Re: Advice On Mobile App Development by DharkPoet(m): 10:59am On Sep 25, 2013
Djangocode: @Javanian n GideonG.. I surrender..

I Thought they were really as fast as Java apps..

Anyways, @OP, The gods have spoken, n am a mere Creation..

Follow their Advice.. Or alternatively visit the programming section on d topic "Which Programming Course should I Take" started by Javanian.. It'll help u on where to get Java Books and videos online..

Cheers..

Yeah, get on that thread, if you still solidify your opinion on which path of the programming avenue, you should ply, Javanian really administered solutions a great deal, seems you going Android, Bro, please take JAVA.... its usefulness along the line cannot be over-emphasized.
Re: Advice On Mobile App Development by swiftguy1: 11:44am On Sep 25, 2013
Thank you very much. Acting in line with what the "gods" said.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Solve Error On Myphp Line Code? / My Site Hacked, Need Help. / Please Recommend A Site To Download Template

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.