Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? (14784 Views)

How Can I Invest A N100,000 And Make Profit Without Working / Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services / Effect Of Erratic Power Supply In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by PAO429: 9:02am On Sep 27, 2013
gabinogem: I'm having an electronic iron, it uses battery. .. enjoying it.
how did u get it and how can I get it
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by lifestyle1(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2013
oniwo: Cost of setting up a dry cleaning centre
One 12kg Washing machine #55k tok

Please do you have idea of the price of new watching machine ?

and where can one buy the toks
?
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by PAO429: 9:13am On Sep 27, 2013
anonimi:

Na real wah for some of our people oh, they want to be spoon-fed like babies.
Can he not go round laundry and dry cleaning shops in his area to know how much they charge etc
Person wey nor wan do reasearch to thoroughly analyse the market situation around simply wants some mumu who has done his to hand EVERYTHING over to him.
Has he heard about the word, TIPS
SMH!!!
busy body,basket mouth and unrealistic minded person...u went all the way to type such an absusive comment why I am do my research..do u know I if I m in the country & FYI this is my reasearch dumbass freak

2 Likes

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Symphony007: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2013
I use a larges marcopolo diesel generator for mine....but recently i'm considering intalling solar panel. You guys to really think to this areas it really helps.

Let me use this opportunity to advertise my drycleaning buisness to all you folks in port harcourt. Go it as a gift for a 17th birthday, a year ago, help a lad's buisness.cheesycheesy
NAME: CLEAN AND SPARKLE.
ADDRESS: 41 ONNE STREET, GRA, P.H

we assure you of affordable and exceptional service. We also offer home deliveries.

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 9:31am On Sep 27, 2013
life_style:

Please do you have idea of the price of new watching machine ?

and where can one buy the toks
?
Go for tokunbo LG washing Machine
In onitsha @ Venn Road North
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Itydee(m): 9:45am On Sep 27, 2013
[b][/b]
oniwo: I have a dry cleaning centre here in Asaba. The profit is still there unlike when there is stable light. For example for 25 shirts & 25 trousers. Cost of services.
One Big Cameroon soap #120
One heavy spray starch #350
5 litres of Fuel #500
5 Big gallon of water #25
Polythene bag and Nylon #300
Total cost #1295.
Revenue #300 * 25 = #7500
Profit #6200 for 25 up & down
thats not true and thats not ur real profit. Have u factored in the workers salaries, the house rents, the nepa bills, your transport and other overheads? Have u. Factored in the taxes and levies and local govt contributions? What of ur own salaries and depreciatin on fixed assets?, factor all these in then count your real profit. It sounds cools but how often do u get 25 clothes in a week? Im not being pessimistic but lets stare at reality straight in the face

2 Likes

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Articul8(m): 9:53am On Sep 27, 2013
oduamine: There is more to laundry dan jt washing. There ar stain removers of different kinds dt u av to kip in ur store. Some stains ar stubborn.And mst tyms customer assume we ar magicians (lol).jt like doctors,dey only try bt God heals. A dry cleaner can nt make ur clothes brand new again,we only try to through clean services and packaging.
Please am about to start but want to start without a washing machine.please can you list the best soap,detergents,starch,stain removers.Thanks

Yes...u av to first of all understnd d cloth bfor applying a particular kind of soap. For a year,I dint use machine at all.Its frm d sales male I bought machine.I use hot water starch (dt one dt looks like pap) it is economical and more effective on clothes. On stain removers we av mucur A & B, Ink, rust, whitner and co...
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by lifestyle1(m): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2013
Ity dee: [/b]thats not true and thats not ur real profit. Have u factored in the workers salaries, the house rents, the nepa bills, your transport and other overheads? Have u. Factored in the taxes and levies and local govt contributions? What of ur own salaries and depreciatin on fixed assets?, factor all these in then count your real profit. It sounds cools but how often do u get 25 clothes in a week? Im not being pessimistic but lets stare at reality straight in the face

[b]It could be a one man business and he could even be running the business from his house.

You are saying 25 clothes a week, when I'm even looking forward to 25 clothes a day when I start.

I think you are pessimistic but you are entitled to your opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2013
Symphony007: I use a larges marcopolo diesel generator for mine....but recently i'm considering intalling solar panel. You guys to really think to this areas it really helps.

Let me use this opportunity to advertise my drycleaning buisness to all you folks in port harcourt. Go it as a gift for a 17th birthday, a year ago, help a lad's buisness.cheesycheesy
NAME: CLEAN AND SPARKLE.
ADDRESS: 41 ONNE STREET, GRA, P.H

we assure you of affordable and exceptional service. We also offer home deliveries.

Guy if you about to go solar, it is okay but do know the cost of setting 7.5kv because u need not less than 7.5kv as minimum power supply and that alone will cost not less than #2M
Thanks
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 10:03am On Sep 27, 2013
Ity dee: [b][/b]thats not true and thats not ur real profit. Have u factored in the workers salaries, the house rents, the nepa bills, your transport and other overheads? Have u. Factored in the taxes and levies and local govt contributions? What of ur own salaries and depreciatin on fixed assets?, factor all these in then count your real profit. It sounds cools but how often do u get 25 clothes in a week? Im not being pessimistic but lets stare at reality straight in the face
Mr Accountant, I can see that you are very good in financial accounting. But the root and bases of settling business is marginal costing which I posted in this tread.
Thanks
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by matty1024: 10:31am On Sep 27, 2013
Nigerians should try to do without PHCN. Solar energy panel can do great services in a country like ours. The government are not honest enough with the power system, and for your business to succeed, you should look for other alternative, preferably Solar system due to avaliability of enough sunlight in our country. I reside in italy, and some italians used this solar panel to curtail bills. It works perfectly.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by write2obi(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2013
Inosenduatall: A generator would solve the problem. Alternatively a stove iron would suffice in the interim.
Stove iron Are you serious?. Pls where is your shop? So I'll make sure I don't bring my "expensive" designers there.

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by write2obi(m): 10:41am On Sep 27, 2013
steve10: I saw an advert online, an iron( pressing iron) they said it uses generator (small tiger) any one that have use it or come across it should pls share his experience
Or her experience.
This will help to reduce power challenge.
I go like get that kind iron for my room, that will go a long way.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by write2obi(m): 10:42am On Sep 27, 2013
Wendyslim: The best solution is to use charcoal iron. It requires only energy and charcoal
You'll mess us people's cloths na
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by write2obi(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2013
martyns303: Have u ever been to a tailoring store? How often do they use electric iron?
Are you comparing a tailors ironing to that of a laundry man?

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by lakesguy(m): 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]what I tink is that its preferable yhu go into the business big time' its very lucrative I must say' buyin tokunbo might be a little risky for yhu dnt knw what might possibly happens' with like 1.5m' yhu are good to go and I assure yhu' yhu wil gets yhur capital back I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ lezz than 2yrs' quote me if am wroug' gets a new washin machin' a steam iron' I wonder why people dint mention this' steam iron is very good and sure it brings cloths back to exact' gets a dryer which yhu won't possibly be needin evrytym' yhu only nids it when yhu have express job to do' gets a good shop at a very stable place' yhu will be needing a board(advert) that will sure convince people that you are very good at what you do' and a good gen too' here is the problem' you will be needin a good gen here' with 150k' you should able to get that' and the most important thing you need to do is pray bfor venturin into any business' Ask God(PRAY) if that's what he want from you' be sure he will answer you' after dat' you are set to go'. Gooooodluck! #teamWHITEMOUNTAIN# stayclean and keepfit' if you stay at ifako Gbagada' whitemountains is a dry cleanin and gym company' ѱє̲̣̣̣̥ are very good at what ѱє̲̣̣̣̥ do' A trial will convince you'
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by busybrains: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
@lakesguy, how much do you charge?
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Madametrendy(f): 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
oniwo: Cost of setting up a dry cleaning centre
One 12kg Washing machine #55k tok
One drying machine #50k tok
One Big 7500 generator #95k new
Two Tables for iron and washing #20k
One big industrial fan #12k new
Buckets, Gallons, Big Bows, Brush & others #10
Rent 50K for small shop in a street.
Other expenses 20k
Thanks for the analysis. I'm very happy to come across this thread. I'm on the verge of starting up this biz. Pls how do i reduce fraud as i will not be there all day to monitor the workers i will employ there.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by unclebangbang(m): 1:06am On Sep 28, 2013
BabaAlabi: Use a Charcoal Iron or fold the clothes and put it under your pillow.

So dis is ur best idea...no wonder u r a 3rd world tosser!.....SMH!!!
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by unclebangbang(m): 1:14am On Sep 28, 2013
matty1024: Nigerians should try to do without PHCN. Solar energy panel can do great services in a country like ours. The government are not honest enough with the power system, and for your business to succeed, you should look for other alternative, preferably Solar system due to avaliability of enough sunlight in our country. I reside in italy, and some italians used this solar panel to curtail bills. It works perfectly.

Very true, I have seen it work...but adequate orientation and information is needed to make Nigerians know abt dis.....its a country full of people who like things ready made...no one wats to venture out and solve challenges.....so sad!
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by dheaven: 10:04am On Sep 28, 2013
unclebangbang:

Very true, I have seen it work...but adequate orientation and information is needed to make Nigerians know abt dis.....its a country full of people who like things ready made...no one wats to venture out and solve challenges.....so sad!
most people set up business with N30 -N50k generator and there is no solar that cost less than N500k so how do expect the person to cope?
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by busybrains: 11:00am On Sep 28, 2013
Madame trendy:
Thanks for the analysis. I'm very happy to come across this thread. I'm on the verge of starting up this biz. Pls how do i reduce fraud as i will not be there all day to monitor the workers i will employ there.

Can someone please answer this woman's question? Thanks.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by steve10(m): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
busybrains:

Can someone please answer this woman's question? Thanks.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oduamine: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
hi all, please where can i buy good hangers,garment tags,packaging nylons in lagos.Also can someone tell me the best detergent to use,how much does an employed washerman collects is it based on commission or salary thanks
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 11:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
oduamine: hi all, please where can i buy good hangers,garment tags,packaging nylons in lagos.Also can someone tell me the best detergent to use,how much does an employed washerman collects is it based on commission or salary thanks
If you are employing someone, the commission is 1:3. That is 33.3 percent. The washerman will wash, Iron and other major duties.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
The best way to wash is use both hand wash and machine wash. When u first used hand wash, u can easily wash all the stains and after that allow the machine to wash and spine the clothes.
Put the clothes in the hangers. For best quality service not all clothes use spray in the sun some will be sprayed with hangers inside the shop and with help of industrial fan 30 minutes the clothes are ready for ironing. That is all
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oduamine: 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
@oniwo thanks for responding to my questions.Please where can i buy packaging nylons,hangers.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
oduamine: @oniwo thanks for responding to my questions.Please where can i buy packaging nylons,hangers.

You can get packaging nylons @ market where nylons are been sold in bulk. Just tell them that you need laudry nylons. Concerning hangers buy iron hangers that was coated with rubber and buy few plastic hangers for suits and heavy fabrics. Iron coated with rubber is very cheap.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 10:12am On Sep 30, 2013
Hey guy I planning to convert small generator to power my laudry. Am working with my friend who is engineer.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by phranco(m): 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
pls how do you know if ur employer is not syphoning u.how will u put a check on him so as ascertain if he is not doing more job and keeping behind some money without giving full account.since ur not always there to supervise or monitor him.he might make 10k a week and account for only 6k and pocket the rest.so how do u check him.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
phranco: pls how do you know if ur employer is not syphoning u.how will u put a check on him so as ascertain if he is not doing more job and keeping behind some money without giving full account.since ur not always there to supervise or monitor him.he might make 10k a week and account for only 6k and pocket the rest.so how do u check him.

Constant and unexpected visit. There is no way one can keep him 100% check but keep him at minimum.

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oduamine: 7:07am On Oct 03, 2013
hi all i have gotten my necessary tnings to start my laundry business except a washing machine.Please how do i get trained for a few days on how to record clothes, how to remove stain, tagging and not mixing customers clothes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cbn’s FOREX Restrictions And Government’s Obsession With Dollars / Pound Falls As Lawmakers Challenge May’s Brexit Deal Before Crucial Vote / $19 Billion Dangote Refinery Gets Another 1 Million Barrels Crude Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.