Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? (4713 Views)

Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics / Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Stylaay(m): 12:06am On Sep 25, 2013
I am really trying to phanthom why a governor who kept preaching prudent management of resources is now carelessly spending the monies he claimed to be saving for anambrarians with reckless abandon. I guess he was using the state's resources to run his business he is now trying to dole out the cash as he can't leave with it. Social security for the aged, cars for traditional rulers, N3billion on health with no specification. He Left our state underdeveloped. Posterity will judge this man. Instead of acting selfish he would have established industries or brought in investors to create jobs for our teeming youths to tackle insecurity. I pray we vote wisely this time. Peter Obi has a checkered history but we didn't care to investigate him. He would have taken a cue from south west governors

2 Likes

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by FreeGlobe(f): 12:14am On Sep 25, 2013
perhaps my fellow Anambra people have finally opened their eyes to see the man on his fraud value - not after I posted those gory pictures of the state. Meanwhile while Anambra remained grossly underdeveloped for 8 years under Peter obi, his private investments, were built, ran and strengthened with state funds: Next mall Abuja (Biggest in Abuja), Fidelity Bank, Sabmiller, Hero beer, Grand malt etc.

2 Likes

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by IGBOSON1: 1:14am On Sep 25, 2013
I can't stand that man and i can't forgive him for how, after 8 years, he's left a state with potentially the 4th largest economy in Nigeria! Apart from his personal investments in the state, i can't think of anything else that would give me a positive feeling about Anambra state.....and the stunt he pulled on Soludo only confirms he's after his selfish interests first b/4 that of the state!

5 Likes

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by biafranqueen: 2:08am On Sep 25, 2013
I agree with all of you, but whom will we vote for all the candidates embarassed
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by MayorofLagos(m): 2:21am On Sep 25, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I can't stand that man and i can't forgive him for how, after 8 years, he's left a state with potentially the 4th largest economy in Nigeria! Apart from his personal investments in the state, i can't think of anything else that would give me a positive feeling about Anambra state.....and the stunt he pulled on Soludo only confirms he's after his selfish interests first b/4 that of the state!

Astute politicians know that a godfather is an indispensable commodity to carry around. It is costly, but nonetheless worthy to have.

Does Soludo have a godfather?
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Stylaay(m): 2:26am On Sep 25, 2013
It is so annoying. A state that can boast of alot of intellectuals and business moguls like anambra deserves better than this self centered man. I worked under a friend of his while i was in awka. For a contract that cost less than N5million naira; these criminals inflated the sum total to incredulous amount of more than N100million. Dats just the little one i am aware of. For anybody that gets kidnapped in anambra he/she should blame this criminal called Obi. This man awarded a contract to construct a rural road in my town and a block of classrooms over six years ago.. He was so heartless and wicked as not to pay up contractors to finish these projects. He kept withholding funds or maybe diverting them to build his biz empire. He has acquired stupendous wealth to the detriment of our state but i know what goes around comes around. This man would wish he had done more for this state when he was in power someday. He plans to bring obiano to cover his tracks. Apart from the bunch of touts he empowered as revenue generators for his government that deflated my tires for no just cause in onitsha, i can't seem to place my hands on any job creation drive of obi. I tot Soludo or any other credible candidate would have been put in power by Peter to right his wrong but its glaring the man does not give a damn about anambra
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by agbameta: 2:30am On Sep 25, 2013
biafranqueen: I agree with all of you, but whom will we vote for all the candidates embarassed

Y'all need to go and beg Fashola to release the man in the picture below, he's the only skilled and credible ibo administrator in Nigeria. His administrative experience in Lagos and tutelage under Fashola is priceless.

Though, I'd love to see him stay in Lagos with Fashola because his a great administrative talent, but I'm sharing this with you because it's all love, I love my ibo brethren and I'd love to see you do the right thing for a change and move on to sustained progress and prosperity without slew of incompetent, lazy and unsophisticated clowns like obi, the jokers in Abia and Eboyin and the other one in Enugu who should be worrying about his health instead of trying to die at the goal post.

Right now, you can not progress without folks like Uncle Ben because you just don't have the means to do so, uncle is generating and managing the largest in Nigeria IGR for Lagos while a whole Anambra is messing with chump change like N450 million.

Step away from the usual emotions and tribal worries, uncle Ben is yours, he's from Anambra, claim him, draft him before den give am better offer elsewhere before the next election..

Good things might come to those who wait, but not for those who wait too late...

4 Likes

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by MayorofLagos(m): 3:18am On Sep 25, 2013
agbameta:

Y'all need to go and beg Fashola to release the man in the picture below, he's the only skilled and credible ibo administrator in Nigeria. His administrative experience in Lagos and tutelage under Fashola is priceless.

Though, I'd love to see him stay in Lagos with Fashola because his a great administrative talent, but I'm sharing this with you because it's all love, I love my ibo brethren and I'd love to see you do the right thing for a change and move on to sustained progress and prosperity without slew of incompetent, lazy and unsophisticated clowns like obi, the jokers in Abia and Eboyin and the other one in Enugu who should be worrying about his health instead of trying to die at the goal post.

Right now, you can not progress without folks like Uncle Ben because you just don't have the means to do so, uncle is generating and managing the largest in Nigeria IGR for Lagos while a whole Anambra is messing with chump change like N450 million.

Step away from the usual emotions and tribal worries, uncle Ben is yours, he's from Anambra, claim him, draft him before den give am better offer elsewhere before the next election..

Good things might come to those who wait, but not for those who wait too late...

Agbameta,

Your suggestion is fair and genuine but they have to want him on their own accord. Because the man was endorsed by Yoruba they will view him as a Yoruba implant and keep distant from him, they will prefer to return Uzor Kalu than consider Uncle Ben. grin

To Anambra citizens,

Forget about party loyalty for now, you know your own people more thany anyone else and only you know where the shoe hurts you. The next set of governors to succeed the incumbents should be expected to be a step above their predecessor. Who in Anambra political leadership has the concesus of the electorate? Vote competence, character, proven track records, a "show me" person - you need tactical progress and execution, not boardroom planning and press speeches.
Take mind away from party and zero in on talent. Who would it be? Select top three talents and out of that choose the Best equipped.
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by madamoringo(f): 4:33am On Sep 25, 2013
Agbameta and Mayor, can you guys please redact your comments immediately from this thread? Why on God's green earth will you point the way out lest these people mistakenly get it right for the first time? Abeg, don't give any suggestions that may even bring any SW - like leadership to the East! I want nothing but PDP Orji+APGA Obi + retardeen GEJ + Ibori/Obiano/Ubah etc that will empty the entire treasury in 3 months until the entire state is looted into permanent insolvency. Let Abia as bad as they say it is be the 1/10 best Anambra will be. This is because of the hatred of these people. They have never recognized the best administrators of Nigeria (almost all from the SW), may they therefore never see such good planners and administrators come because they will only call and label them Amala Party, Yoruba Party, etc. Leave these ajokutamamumi people in their Stone Age.
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:11am On Sep 25, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Astute politicians know that a godfather is an indispensable commodity to carry around. It is costly, but nonetheless worthy to have.

Does Soludo have a godfather?
grin musiwa musiwa!!! So, u sabi normal English?
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by agbameta: 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Agbameta,

Your suggestion is fair and genuine but they have to want him on their own accord. Because the man was endorsed by Yoruba they will view him as a Yoruba implant and keep distant from him, they will prefer to return Uzor Kalu than consider Uncle Ben. grin

To Anambra citizens,

Forget about party loyalty for now, you know your own people more thany anyone else and only you know where the shoe hurts you. The next set of governors to succeed the incumbents should be expected to be a step above their predecessor. Who in Anambra political leadership has the concesus of the electorate? Vote competence, character, proven track records, a "show me" person - you need tactical progress and execution, not boardroom planning and press speeches.
Take mind away from party and zero in on talent. Who would it be? Select top three talents and out of that choose the Best equipped.

Unfortunately, you are right. Theurs is a society that functions and decides based on tribal and emotional sentiments instead of tacts, prudence and sound logic.

They are used to the same losers like Obi and the other lazy and incompetent clowns.
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
I honestly pray they get it right.....

If a part is not functioning well...there will be problem with the whole.
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
Stylaay: I am really trying to phanthom why a governor who kept preaching prudent management of resources is now carelessly spending the monies he claimed to be saving for anambrarians with reckless abandon. I guess he was using the state's resources to run his business he is now trying to dole out the cash as he can't leave with it. Social security for the aged, cars for traditional rulers, N3billion on health with no specification. He Left our state underdeveloped. Posterity will judge this man. Instead of acting selfish he would have established industries or brought in investors to create jobs for our teeming youths to tackle insecurity. I pray we vote wisely this time. Peter Obi has a checkered history but we didn't care to investigate him. He would have taken a cue from south west governors

Peter Obi is simply following a tried and tested script.

EXCLUSIVE: How Gov. Obi hopes to pull off another APGA victory in Anambra

The November 16 Anambra governorship elections is expected to be a hot one as candidates of the major political parties employ various strategies to win. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) continues to face an internal crisis as two candidates lay claims to the party’s ticket. The APC meanwhile has a big event scheduled for Tuesday in which the National Committee of the party that will work for the election of its candidate Chris Ngige would be inaugurated. The committee would be led by four state governors – Imo, Osun, Edo and Nasarawa.

The situation in the ruling All Progressives Grand Alliance, according to The Scoop investigations is proving rather dicey for the state governor, Peter Obi, who is now employing a strategy of money sharing to win the votes.

Various reports have suggested that Governor Peter Obi may face an uphill task in his quest to install Willy Obiano as the next governor of Anambra state. The main reason for this is because many grass root politicians and elites who worked tirelessly for his first victory in 2003 in which they had to defend votes and keep records that were used in court are not happy with him. “It was the certified true copies of election results collated by APGA agents that were tendered in courts which enabled Peter to defeat then Gov. Ngige at the election petition tribunal,” a souce told The Scoop.

They were in jubilant mood when the electoral tribunal sacked Dr. Ngige and were expecting to be appointed into government and also hoping that machinery would be set in motion for local government elections through which some of them would be rewarded. However, Gov. Peter Obi reportedly dashed their expectations when he not only chose to give most appointments to those in the academia, but also failed to organise local government polls all through his eight years in the saddle. He has finally scheduled local government elections for December this year.

In 2010 when he sought reelection, it took the intervention of the late Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Odimegwu Ojukwu, to convince the APGA members who felt aggrieved and scorned by Gov Peter Obi to rally behind him for the second term. Once sworn in for the second term however, Peter Obi found it hard again to compensate those who worked for his victory, and when he did, he made sure they are men and women who would not ever dream of running for any electoral office let alone contest for governorship position.

These issues came to head with the divisions in the party which threatened its fortunes in the forthcoming governorship election until cooler heads prevailed, and saw the conduct of primaries that threw up Willie Obiano, Gov Obi’s protégé.

Many APGA members are not happy with the choice and threatening to decamp en masse should INEC choose to recognize Tony Nwoye as PDP’s authentic candidate. Even though Nwoye who is from same Anambra North as Willie Obiano does not possess a quarter of Dr. Obiano’s qualifications, they hinged their belief on politics being who gets what, when and how. Nwoye in their opinion would be more effective in carrying people along.

[b]However, Governor Obi is desperate to have Willie Obiano elected and is deploying all arsenal in place to ensure it happens. Sources close to some of the defeated candidates at the last APGA primaries disclosed to The Scoop that the governor doled out 20 million naira to each of the persons that losing contastants as refund for the ten million naira paid to pick the APGA forms and the other ten million naira for their support.

He has also deployed the strategy of handing out “billions of naira” to the religious leaders of the missionary schools in the state to enable them refurbish the schools. Recently, he paid out billions in pension and gratuity and cleared arrears, and donated over 500 security trucks to various town unions to aid vigilante groups combat crimes. He has also commenced massive projects across the rural areas, and ensured that Willy Obiano included the continuation and completion of these projects as part of his manifesto.

Reports also claim that Gov. Obi personally handed out the sum of N50,000 to all the delegates that voted Willy Obiano at the primaries and he is ready to ensure all foot soldiers that will work for the APGA candidate from the campaign chair down to the ward operatives are all handsomely rewarded.

However, some insiders claim that “it seems the candidate he is pushing is still reeling from the shock of being drafted to the Anambra Governorship race. He appears dull and talks very little.” Supporters are questioning whether he can articulate himself properly as a politician even in the midst of his intimidating academic and work credentials
[/b].

Source

1 Like

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by madamoringo(f): 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
ilugunboy: I honestly pray they get it right.....

If a part is not functioning well...there will be problem with the whole.

When they get it right, I agree is a good thing, using some of these suggestions you folks are giving they will ONLY come back to insult and abuse the resources mostly from the SW that is giving them a lift calling them all kind of names. Yes, if a part of the body is sick, the whole body is sick but a part of the body that is not committed to being in the body is dispensable anyway! I am not being mean but telling the truth. As soon as a belligerent knows that his superior enemy is able, willing and committed to grinding him to pulp, he will appeal to his own personal common sense. If Ibos like, let them keep voting people like Obi (whose only achievement is licking the arse of retardeen GEJ) while stuffing all Anambra's money in Fidelity Bank and preaching to them how ibos are individualists and do not need the government or anybody else. Let them bring that Obiano guy and let him help Obi to further steal more Anambra money or Ubah to use all their allocations to bring Capital Oil out of financial ruins or the other Uba or any PDP with the combinatorial mien of both Orji + Elechi + Ibori, all in the name of cutting off their nose to spite their face. I will be more than pleased to read their lamentations on NL and laugh them to derision!
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by kingbang: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
Senseless thread!

1 Like

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by ChinoIsBack: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
Freeglobe!

Why have you gone out of control? Joblessness is a disaster time bomb waiting to happen. I have told you times without number that all that you need is a job. Check your email, I have sent you a mail in your yahoo box.

1 Like

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: Freeglobe!

Why have you gone out of control? Joblessness is a disaster time bomb waiting to happen. I have told you times without number that all that you need is a job. Check your email, I have sent you a mail in your yahoo box.
The hermaphrodite really needs a job! Please Chino, help him with one as soon as possible, even if it is your errand boy.employ him with immediate effect. grin

1 Like

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by ChinoIsBack: 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
berem: The hermaphrodite really needs a job! Please Chino, help him with one as soon as possible, even if it is your errand boy.employ him with immediate effect. grin

Jokes aside, By His Grace, I have some contacts here in Awka to smuggle in his name among the people that will be shortlisted soon in the ongoing recruitment exercise in Anambra. I notified him immediately the exercise started but his chose to bluff me.
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

Jokes aside, By His Grace, I have some contacts here in Awka to smuggle in his name among the people that will be shortlisted soon in the ongoing recruitment exercise in Anambra. I notified him immediately the exercise started but his chose to bluff me.
You have to do everything possible to convince him. Am tired of seeing threads he opens and pours his hate for Peter Obi. He needs to be kept busy and stay away totally from nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by ChinoIsBack: 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
berem: You have to do everything possible to convince him. Am tired of seeing threads he opens and pours his hate for Peter Obi. He needs to be kept busy and stay away totally from nairaland. grin

Maybe we need more than a mere persuasion!
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
I may be wrong but what is it about the SW (aside from the economic capital of Lagos which has long benefitted from federal and national presence) that is worth emulating?

The funny thing is that the majority of those saying that SW administration is top notch are NOT indigenes of Lagos.

How about taking your own advice and developing your equally backward homestates?

Come to think of it....I have never seen any modicum of accountability and self-reflection from Non-Lagosian SWners.

IMO I would rather take advice from the akwa-cross side since they are probably the most organized region in Nigeria.

Next in line would be those from the more organized SE states.

5 Likes

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by ChinoIsBack: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
nnenna.1:
I may be wrong but what is it about the SW (aside from the economic capital of Lagos which has long benefitted from federal and national presence) that is worth emulating?

The funny thing is that the majority of those saying that SW administration is top notch are NOT indigenes of Lagos.

How about taking your own advice and developing your equally backward homestates?

Come to think of it....I have never seen any modicum of accountability and self-reflection from Non-Lagosian SWners.

IMO I would rather take advice from the akwa-cross side since they are probably the most organized region in Nigerian.

Next in line would be those from the more organized SE states.

Even when we all know that lagos is not a Yerobaland, but was developed by FG and other regions!

Below is a typical Yeroba state and how it looks like. Their state capitals filled with rusted and mud houses cannot be compared to the least SE community.

1 Like

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
^^ If there is nothing to emulate there, Then I dont see any reason your people would be flooding there on a daily basis

SW is backward yet most of the Ibo women were toasted with the line "I would take you to SouthWest"

1 Like

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by ChinoIsBack: 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
^

Point of correction! Igbos are not in the SW but lagos. When you mean SW- you mean oyo, ondo, ekiti, ogun, oshogbo. Igbos do not go to these 5 SW states I mentioned, because they are worst than 'hell'. Just like the pictures I posted above.

Igbos go to lagos because it is the former capital of Nigeria, they were there even before the capital moved. And being a capital comes with the necessary infrastructures that they needed to aid their business.

4 Likes

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2013
@Dayokanu your point is? There are Igbo people in DRC and Pakistan.

Likewise manyYorubas are in the East.

Which Igbo girl is happy when a boy promises to take her to "the SW"?

Are you substituting Lagos for SW again? Lagos that is easily accessible by ekenedilichukwu bus with only 5k?

You must be referring to the rural/village girls from your region since (by your own words) you have never been to the SE.

5 Likes

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by dayokanu(m): 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: ^

Point of correction! Igbos are not in the SW but lagos. When you mean SW- you mean oyo, ondo, ekiti, ogun, oshogbo. Igbos do not go to these 5 SW states I mentioned, because they are worst than 'hell'. Just like the pictures I posted above.

Igbos go to lagos because it is the former capital of Nigeria, they were there even before the capital moved. And being a capital comes with the necessary infrastructures that they needed to aid their business.

Ohaneze is laughing at you

[size=14pt]The Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo in Ogun State, has endorsed Governor Ibikunle Amosun for a second term as Ogun state governor.
[/size]
Posted by: Channels Television Posted date: September 24, 2013 In: Headlines,
President, Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo, Ogun State, Ogbuefi Austin Nkezi, who spoke on behalf of Eze Ndi-Igbo, Willy Ejim Konye and leaders of the organisation in the state called on the governor while on a visit to his office yesterday, described the achievements of the governor, since assuming office as spectacular

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/09/24/ogun-ohaneze-ndi-igbos-endorse-amosun-for-second-term/

1 Like

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by dayokanu(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
nnenna.1:
@Dayokanu your point is? There are Igbo people in DRC and Pakistan.

Likewise manyYorubas are in the East.

Which Igbo girl is happy when a boy promises to take her to "the SW"?

Are you substituting Lagos for SW again? Lagos that is easily accessible by ekenedilichukwu bus with only 5k?

You must be referring to the rural/village girls from your region since (by your own words) you have never been to the SE.

When did I ever tell you I have never been to Alaibo
I was in Imo and Enugu states as recent as 2007 and when I saw the horror there, I couldnt help but pity the people born into it

1 Like

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
^^^Whatever.

My point is that any so called "horror" you ascribe to the east is very much present in the SW outside Lagos.

Take your own advise and develop your home state.

3 Likes

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
I thought this thread was all about Peter Obi and Anambra? how it turned to Igbo vs Yoruba thread is something i cannot say. Please no derailing of this thread. angry
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by dayokanu(m): 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
nnenna.1:
^^^Whatever.

My point is that any so called "horror" you ascribe to the east is very much present in the SW outside Lagos.

Take your own advise and develop your home state.

If the horror in the SE is equal to the horror in the SW, Then the human traffic from that side shouldnt be flooding to another horror site

Unless the SW is better

2 Likes

Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
@Berem. My dear I know. I was putting some knuckleheads feeling they were in any position to be condescending in their proper place.

I no talk again.
Re: Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
nnenna.1:
^^^My dear I know. I was putting some knuckleheads feeling they were in any position to be condescending in their proper place.

I no talk again.

WHo is your dear? Are you having a crush on me?

Nothing strange Ibo women always like Yoruba men. You wont be an exception

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Lie Busted: Tony Blair Is In Rwanda This Week , Buhari Is In A Hospital / 2019: Umahi Presents N188.4b Budget To Ebonyi Asembly / Give Buhari America To Rule, He Will Underdevelop It In One Year - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.