Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb (1446 Views)

Elections Can Be Annulled For Security And PVC Distribution Reasons – Uwazurike / "senator" Remi Tinubu's Election Annulled By Election Tribunal. Re-run Ordered! / IBB: The Real Reason I Annulled June 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by BigB11(m): 6:08pm On Jun 24, 2008
I annulled June 12 election - IBB

"(Babangida) has repeatedly said that given the circumstances at that period, it was better to take a decision, no matter how judgmental, than not to take one at all. And that he should be held responsible and accountable for whatever happened during his tenure as President," the statement said.

"That is the hallmark of responsible leadership, and not the type that would apportion blame to his lieutenants for ease of escape.

"Rather than commend such boldness, self acclaimed heroes of June 12 and their propagators, including those who actively participated in the annulment process, have been running from pillar to post to wear a new toga of saintliness.

"Nigerians should simply watch the footsteps of such felons in this democratic dispensation."

"Nigerians should learn to appreciate any intellectual property that is handed down to enrich our history, if not now, then certainly later. Individuals who have superior information could as well come forward with their own accounts and versions of the June 12 elections."

Babangida insisted that it is not enough to resort to name calling and baseless accusations "because the details do not fall into the thinking of a select vocal few who have made up their minds and position on the June 12 issue. The road to the library to provoke researches and documentations is an open one.

"When it comes to individual accounts of events, then participation becomes very necessary and essential. Nwosu was the Chairman of the defunct (NEC) and he has a responsibility to give his own account of the June 12 issue from his point of view, and not from the point of view of the public."

He said he has no reason to undermine Yar'Adua, recalling that when he was about to withdraw from the race in 2007, he wrote to former President Olusegun Obasanjo on why he was not comfortable running with his "younger brother (Yar'Adua), who is today the President.

"(Babangida) based his moral stand on the long standing brotherly relationship between himself, (Umaru Yar'Adua), and the entire Yar'Adua family. That position still remains to date, and (Babangida) has been contributing his quota and forthcoming with advice when sought. He has stated earlier that his job is to assist (Yar'Adua) and not to succeed him."

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jun/24/229.html
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by Mustay(m): 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2008
these guys just want some kina relevance in today's politics
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by Mamajama(m): 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2008
BIGB1 pretty soon Rt Brig Togun will come and tell us who ordered him to kill Dele Giwa.

IBB is in hot seat for now if you ask me. All his ex governors and staffs are speaking out publicly now
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by abdurrazaq(m): 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2008
Old story. He can't get my attention, never angry angry angry angry
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by BigB11(m): 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2008
Like him or hate him, the man purely represents one of the best leaders Nigeria has ever produced.

Too bad, he did not come back to set things right.
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by Mamajama(m): 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2008
ha ha ha ha ,, dude you are a comedian for real.
Big B1:

Like him or hate him, the man purely represents one of the best leaders Nigeria has ever produced.

Wao. I won't even comment on that statement I will let other nairalanders finish you

Question please list 10 things that IBB gave Nigeria?
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by BigB11(m): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2008
There is no need to finish anybody, it is absolutely unnecessary; I'm only making this statement from my point of view, and not from the point of view of the public or nairalanders.

He should have been allowed to use his magnificent knowledge/ stamina/ drive in a positive manner to set things right. He was desperate and pretty much anxious to prove himself.
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by angel101(f): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2008
this is at best laughable
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by lucabrasi(m): 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2008
ibb wants to be the second man after obj to being elected a civillian president and all he and his lackeys are doing is paving the way for him,its no coincidence that nwosu's book came out when ibb and his ppl started making diff speeches in diffrent ocassions,ibb that rarely leaves niger state is now travelling to lagos to adesanyas house,adedibu e.t.c
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by noetic(m): 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2008
Big B1:

ur opinion is respected.

but i tink u r falsely assuming he has better intentions, which i doubt considerin the same manner obj came on board.
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by Bolarge(m): 9:13am On Jun 25, 2008
And the slowpoke keeps uttering gibberish from both sides of his gap-tooth.
Initially it was some high ranking military officers that were uncomfortable with an Abiola presidency, now it's his sole responsibilty, a typical African despot's brainwave.
The gay should just go and die a la Adedibu.
He's not worthy of the political relevance he's trying desperately to whip up for himself.
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by abdurrazaq(m): 9:17am On Jun 25, 2008
@Big B1, You should be appointed his campaign leader. Seriously, you'll do that job flawlessly angry
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by angel101(f): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2008
Bolarge:

And the slowpoke keeps uttering gibberish from both sides of his gap-tooth.
Initially it was some high ranking military officers that were uncomfortable with an Abiola presidency, now it's his sole responsibilty, a typical African despot's brainwave.
The gay should just go and die a la Adedibu.
He's not worthy of the political relevance he's trying desperately to whip up for himself.

LMAO!!!
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by SENATORJD(m): 9:27am On Jun 25, 2008
abdurrazaq:

Old story.
like his coming out to say that is new?
This so called generals have just been having a filled day making unneccesary comments
first Abacha never stole now i am reponsible,
so we are to like what? jump up our feets clap our hands and celebrate

Big B1:

dude this a joke right? shocked
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by favcom(m): 10:05am On Jun 25, 2008
u annul the election
then what angry
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by doyin13(m): 11:22am On Jun 25, 2008
BIG B1

what do you think about your Hero's opiniion of the Abacha Presidency?

According to him, Abacha was a saint who did not loot the economy.

Answer me abeg
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by CARUSO(m): 12:08pm On Jun 25, 2008
Do we need to be told again IBB?
We always knew you were the dark sheep satan sent to ruin a smooth transition to democracy for Nigeria!
He shouldnt even have the guts to talk after what was acclaimed the most freest election was scuttled for no reason!!
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by frenchman(m): 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2008
May Nigeria never see the likes of IBB in power AGAIN!!!
Somebody say AMEN!!!
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by noetic(m): 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2008
frenchman:

Somebody say AMEN!!!
Amen
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by CARUSO(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2008
frenchman:

Somebody say AMEN!!!

Amen

and may he rot in hell fire!!
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by ojimboIV: 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2008
self extolment on the one hand and hypocrisy on the other. beat that.
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by BigB11(m): 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2008
He said he has no reason to undermine Yar'Adua, recalling that when he was about to withdraw from the race in 2007, he wrote to former President Olusegun Obasanjo on why he was not comfortable running with his "younger brother (Yar'Adua), who is today the President.

"(Babangida) based his moral stand on the long standing brotherly relationship between himself, (Umaru Yar'Adua), and the entire Yar'Adua family. That position still remains to date, and (Babangida) has been contributing his quota and forthcoming with advice when sought. He has stated earlier that his job is to assist (Yar'Adua) and not to succeed him."

Why waste all this energy?
The man has stated and confirmed over and over that he has no interest in coming back to rule this country.

Beside, I'm not sure if it is absolutely necessary for one to live in Aso Rock to rule Nigeria.
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by BigB11(m): 3:06pm On Jun 25, 2008
Sometimes it simply takes braveness to beat one at his own game, but of course, it is damn too cloudy for us to see this fact.
Nigeria today would have been in better circumstances with IBB as the president.
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by ojimboIV: 3:27pm On Jun 25, 2008
Big B1:

Sometimes it simply takes braveness to beat one at his own game, but of course, it is damn too cloudy for us to see this fact.
Nigeria today would have been in better circumstances with IBB as the president.

not today and not in time to come. he would be better off limiting the damage he's caused by doing charity work and reconciling broken relationships, which would take him a lifetime anyway. the last person we need as president to 'better the circumstances' is ibb.
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by BigB11(m): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2008
I respect your point of view.
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by babakuns: 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2008
may the likes of IBB never mount the throne again and again

1 Like

Re: I Annulled June 12 Election - Ibb by babakuns: 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2008
may the likes of IBB never ascend to the throne again and again!

(1) (Reply)

I Saw This And Wanted To Share / The Nigerian Police, Watch This Show Of Shame / Ghana's President's Top Secret Trip To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.