Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,512 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

An Experience I Will Never Forget - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Experience I Will Never Forget (26008 Views)

A Day I Will Never Forget / Diary Of A Campus Babe...i Would Never Forget That Day. / Wow.......one Awful Experience I Had With The Atm In Dis Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Experience I Will Never Forget by johnnieode(m): 10:38am On Sep 25, 2013
Everyone has a story, but this one’s mine. The experience I will never forget began at a very tender age, about seven years old, when life then was so interesting and full of adventures. As little as I was, I listened to no one, want to do and figure out things on my own, whether good or bad.

It was on March 15, 2005 when I traveled with my parents to the village on a Christmas holiday. I felt as if I was in another world entirely, an environment completely surrounded with old thatched houses with bushes around the vicinity. My first question to my parents was “are we still on earth?

Sooner or later, adaptation began to take its due course. I woke up one morning and marveled at the melodious songs the bird sang from their next up in the trees, the cool breeze of nature sunk into my skin as a sweet sensation ran down my spine, I became entangled with the monkeys as they swing from tree to tree chartering at each other. I could feel the sand under my feet as the ants matched to their early morning duty. At a point a thought came to me “this might not be a bad idea after all.”

Surprisingly, I was like a tourist who moved from nook and cranny looking for one thing of amusement. I walked my way to the river when fortunately no one was around to see how I would “carry out” another adventure without interruption. As a child what I held in mind was “what you don’t know can’t kill you”, so I decided to explore the river and world beneath it. I dived into the river and thought to myself “… yes am swimming, am a scuba diver”, as I dived deeper into the open waters. At that time I could see different creatures I never dream't of seeing; fishes that come in different shapes and sizes, plants that move along with the river tide, crustaceans that I believed were amazing to the sight, “what a beautiful world I thought to myself”.

No sooner did I start gasping for air as bubbles gushed out of my mouth. I swam as fast as I could for the top of the river but lost consciousness before I could reach. I passed out and woke up shortly after at the river bank with a man standing next to me. I could hear him say that, he has been watching me from a distance. At that moment I thought to myself, “to die would be an awful adventure”.

You can get more of this at www.readerslodge.com
Re: An Experience I Will Never Forget by Joanee(f): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
why not continue it here

(1) (Reply)

The Sexcapades Of Ola (a Story Of Love And Romance) / Rare Photos Of Chimamanda Adichie In A Playful Mode / Book Publishing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.