Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,191 members, 7,864,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

The Mystery Of Beauty And The Romance Of Choice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Mystery Of Beauty And The Romance Of Choice (790 Views)

How To Spot Immature Dudes In The Romance Section / Meet The Romance Section Nairalanders (what You Think About Others) / ~Welcome To The Romance Section (New Members Introduce Yourselves)~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mystery Of Beauty And The Romance Of Choice by Orikinla(m): 11:20am On Sep 25, 2013
Beauty is the first and foremost pursuit of most men in romance. And in most cases the men prefer women with lighter skin. And this is why in Nigeria, majority of the black women are bleaching and toning their dark skin to look fair to attract men who seem to think all that glitters is gold, but as the titles of one of my short stories, Marigold is Not Gold.

To these black women having a lighter skin will enhance their beauty and make them more attractive to men for relationships.
But the definition of beauty in nature is as mysterious as the mystery of life in the universe, because the definitions of beauty vary from culture to culture.
To Caucasians, black people are not beautiful, except those who have Caucasian features and that is why we can see millions of black people competing to look as Caucasian as they can and in fact, the black people who look Caucasian also see themselves as more beautiful than their fellow blacks who don't look like them. Funny creatures! grin
The most guilty blacks are the black women in America and Europe who want to look like white American and European women, but in most cases, they don't behave like white women in their relationships, because black women are more materialistic than white women by culture and by nature. And most black women are not as hygienic as white women.

In pursuit of beauty in the choice of whom to date and mate is also the cause of inferiority complex and infidelity in relationship.

When a woman who thinks she is "ugly" is married to a man who is not better looking than her meets another man who is "handsome" or looks Caucasian, she often feels inferior, even though most of them in this situation may deny it. But they often feel intimidated by the superior beauty of the "handsome" man and will give in to him and cheat on their "ugly" or Average Joe husbands.
The same thing also happens when the man who thinks he is "ugly" is married to a woman who is a plain Jane, he is often excited whenever he meets another woman who is pretty and sexy and sooner or later falls in lust or in love with her and in most cases he will end up having extramarital affair with the more attractive woman.

In view of these nuances of the romance of human existence, both the disadvantaged men and women have to compete among themselves to overcome the discrimination against them. Therefore, the so called "ugly" women try to acquire things to boost their egos and worth in the society like the acquisition of better or higher academic education to make themselves more attractive in the pursuit of their dream job or dream man.
So, we see these "ugly" big women dating and marrying handsome men they must have lured and wowed with their academic or professional achievements and large bank accounts.
The so called "ugly" men also pursue the attainment of better and higher academic education and wealth to secure the professional titles they need to secure their dream job or position in the society to impress and hook their dream woman.
That is why we see the so called "ugly" big men dating and marrying beautiful women.

The ironies of life are most nuanced or pronounced in romance as men and women compete for the creature comforts for their survival and welfare in life.

I do feel sorry for humans, because as commonsense shows, no one chooses to be born beautiful or ugly.
Both ugliness and beauty are accidents of birth. So, it not the fault of anyone to be born "ugly". But, I have seen "ugly" people blaming their "ugly" father or "ugly" mother.
"I inherited my good looks from my father."
"Oh, I look like my mother. Very beautiful woman."
"I don't know why I did not come out looking like my father," said one "ugly" girl hissing at the fact that she looked like her not so attractive mother.
And that is why many people are making cosmetic manufacturers and plastic surgeons richer as they patronize them to make themselves beautiful and end their misery of being ugly.
I have heard both men and women saying they don't want to marry "ugly" partners, because they don't want to have "ugly" children.
So, they prefer to make corrections and modifications to the bad accidents of their birth.

~ By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, aka "Orikinla Osinachi",
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Orikinla

Re: The Mystery Of Beauty And The Romance Of Choice by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 25, 2013
So, what can be done now? Abi, na only the super story aspect u wan tell us?
Re: The Mystery Of Beauty And The Romance Of Choice by Orikinla(m): 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Msoy: So, what can be done now? Abi, na only the super story aspect u wan tell us?
. ?
Re: The Mystery Of Beauty And The Romance Of Choice by Dovahkiin(m): 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
tl;dr
Re: The Mystery Of Beauty And The Romance Of Choice by Orikinla(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
What matters most in romance is not your physical attraction, but your faithfulness and happiness.

(1) (Reply)

Is This True? / Can We Trust Nigerian Ladies When Given Wealth And Power? / She Is After My Money (please Help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.