Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,972 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities (4459 Views)

Nigeria In The World-cup Group F With Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina / Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? / Brazil, Ivory Coast, North Korea, Portugal: World Cup 2010 Group G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Grizzly(m): 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2006
Pfister back at the helm

Otto Pfister is to make a shock return as Togo coach just three days after walking out on the team over a dispute on unpaid bonuses. 
Read our exclusive on the background to the Pfister saga

The German’s return has now been confirmed by the Togolese Football Federation (TFF), this after Pfister’s son and agent, Mike, confirmed to FIFAworldcup.com that an agreement has been reached to enable his father to resume his duties with the Sparrowhawks.

“Yes, he is back as a Togo coach,” said Pfister Jr. “It is a matter of the heart. The FA has decided to chose him against all other candidates. The players have also tried to get him back over the last days and contacted him, which was the decisive step.”

Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Priscila(f): 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2006
Grizzly!
I dont like you typing all sentences in bold. I desire to read but I can't cos its pulling my eyes. Make it normal for me as in modify pls for my sake.
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Grizzly(m): 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2006
Ok ma'am, cool
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Priscila(f): 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2006
thanks jare. so nice of you griz
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by GUNNER(f): 2:49pm On Jun 13, 2006
Against all odds and i think without a coach, Togo have just scored against South Korea kiss

and boy are they looking good enough 2 run away with this game grin

and i am really hoping they do so

i have 2 win me some dough from Sport Wetten wink

gotta run, have 2 see the rest of the match cool
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by GUNNER(f): 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2006
Oh my, looks like i just lost some money  cry

scheisse  angry
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Priscila(f): 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2006
I do hereby elevate Mohammed Kader as the Togolese star
I demote Adebayor who has disgraced my beloved Arsenal.
Korea came out live in second half ang Togo going so physical what else after captain Abalo was out.

Chunsoo lee, I love Jet li so him too. He was the man of the match.

Someone called Jisung park was even displaying Manchester United mediocre game rather he was a huge disappointment to the team and Man U as a whole.
Awful shootings.
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by otokx(m): 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2006
as usual they the african team pressed the self destruct button which they got FOC from Nigeria.
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by GUNNER(f): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2006
It seems that this French team lack imagination

such a lacklustre game,devoid of decent chances shocked

the swiss might just nick a draw or even beat "em wink
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Akolawole(m): 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2006
Can you guys comment on Togo's red card please.

Graham Poll had given theguy a yellow card.

He was to give him the second yellow before flashing the red but Poll give him Red followed by Yellow.

Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by mochafella(m): 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2006
Akolawole:

Can you guys comment on Togo's red card please.
Graham Poll had given theguy a yellow card.
He was to give him the second yellow before flashing the red but Poll give him Red followed by Yellow.

Graham Poll is obviously color blind grin.
I suspect Poll's match report will show the card as two bookings = an automatic red. Abalo was not the last man, and though it was a bad tackle I don't think it deserved a straight red. He got the decision correct though, Abalo deserved a booking and hence a red for that foul.

Oh well nah Tunisia we dey await now, make the disgrace complete. What a shame.
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by kitaun(m): 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2006
france dissapointed me thoroughly especially my beloved henry,i think he was trying to show his displeasure at the coach and formation adopted by not putting his all into the game,thank God for zizou,abidal,barthezto me all the likes of makalele,vieira,wiltord were dissapointing
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Jackal(m): 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2006
France didn't disappoint.
Thierry Henry was the major screw-up. He always fail to rise to the occasion at the big stage.
Saha was more lethal and wld have made some impact if he had started the game.
France will suffer if they dont get their acts right ASAP.
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by mochafella(m): 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2006
As much as I like Zizou, his time is past. I'm not sure if France has another AM in his class but they need to give someone else a chance.

That front line needs help. I'll say draft Thierry to play on the left-side of attack where Ribery was, and give him license to run at defenders and cut-in like he does at Arsenal, he will be effective than playing with his back to goal like a natural 9 does. Then insert Trez/Saha to replace him as top striker.

I'm not sure about Dhorasso, but Zizou has aged and needs to play less. He may just tarnish his record if France falters with him playing.
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by GUNNER(f): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2006
spot on

henry isnt and will never be a natural 9

but i also think he and zidane just don't click together

over 50 games for les bleus and zizou has never, ever given him an assist!

henri played poorly today, its like he left his striking boots at highbury/emirates
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by leilata(f): 11:13pm On Jun 13, 2006
Togo still has a chance!!!!! UP TOGO ALLEZ LES EPERVIERS!!!! KADER FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by mochafella(m): 1:15am On Jun 14, 2006
leilata:

Togo still has a chance!!!!! UP TOGO ALLEZ LES EPERVIERS!!!! KADER FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!

Leilata for campaign manager and presidential spokeswoman!!!!!!!
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by LoverBwoy(m): 2:50am On Jun 14, 2006
oh please how can you blame henry, it is so easy to pick on him isnt it !! what can u say about RVN thats if he was he that game( i didnt see him!) the dude is still a winger/striker so obviously he needs a proper striker partner no9!

still early days but france aint looking sharp!

as for togo shocked Dont they mean business!!! but as always 2nd half performance al;ways shaky

i think they guy got 2 yellow card = red
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by mukina2: 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2006
hmm togolese well dere we go again sheyi wats his problem? wen they scored evrione was happy it was like the match was being played here, but all those chances blew up for nothing, hope they'll survive undecided undecided undecided player sent off,game crazy, but mohamed kader played well tho,

les bleus i knew they were'nt goin to win cuz they were wit the swiss in the same group during the qualifications so no surprises, henry didnt play well,Abidal tried cant wait to see trezeguet inside he makes a superb team with hanry tho
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by kitaun(m): 12:41pm On Jun 14, 2006
F R A N C E ALL THE WAY WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT,LE BLEUS WILL STILL WIN THE WORLD CUP,I REMAIN UNDAUNTED BY THE LACKLUSTRE PERFORMANCE OF MY BOYS YESTERDAY BUT NOTE THAT THE RACE IS NOT ALWAYS FOR THE SWIFTEST,NOR THE STRONGEST IN BATTLE,BUT TIME AND CHANCE HAPPENS TO THEM ALL,THIS IS THE FRENCH STAGE
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by otokx(m): 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2006
both togo and france are going to be sent home only togo will be in the first round
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Priscila(f): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2006
Jackal!

Do you share Nicole with Henry for your too much hatred on him?
Its French Coach who failed to know ways on how to use Henry. Let him ask Wenger.
Henry is so good if used well.
Why did he concentrate the pitch with too many stars? Vieirra and Makelele at the same time?
Before the ball reach henry it has passed through so many feet.
He also failed in his formation and Sendeross knows Henry game
What did your debutant Saha do?

He should allow Arsenal players as forwards ie Vieira,Wiltord and Pires together with Henry, then he will convert so many goals
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by otokx(m): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2006
with togo there is only impossibilities
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Grizzly(m): 2:13pm On Jun 15, 2006
Well what a shame for [b]togo, [/b] i think they tried though. Adebayor carried traces of Arsenal bad-blood into the match, shame on him. Are arsenal players phucking up in the world cup??  undecided except rosiscky though, i love that boy,  kiss

France, under-achievers of the new age. Henry, someone was saying is a jerkyl & hyde type of player. Jerkyll for Arsenal, Hyde for France. Was he afraid of taking shots?!   Well [b]switzerland [/b] didnt come to sniff french perfume. Happy for them. After France's match against South korea, we'll know whats up with [b]les blues, [/b]
South korea, 3 points, none else. Leaders of the Group,

Africa dissapointed as usual,  cool
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Priscila(f): 10:15am On Jun 16, 2006
Nobody in France team seems to be concerned after a dull opener.

There is one thing I noticed with these players; they lack unity or that patriotism bond.
Was that Thuram and Zidane exchanging words?
Those players don’t respect Zidane leadership and I was annoyed with all of them and Zouzou just won my sympathy as I crowned him MOTM.
I guess why guys play so well in their leagues; perhaps it’s those cheques demand they have to meet.
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Grizzly(m): 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2006
One thing i'm sure of apart from my supper, is that france are going to lose to south-korea
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Nicholas5(m): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2006
France has drawn with S.korea, After they had scored in the 9th minute by Hanry, i tot it was all over not knowing that the Koreans were preparing for them, Anyway, France vs Togo should be a walk over for France,
Go France!!!!!!

Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by mukina2: 11:43am On Jun 19, 2006
france's coach deserves to be shot angry
barthez deserves to be benched angry angry angry
i was soo angry yesterday angry angry angry angry
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by amodu(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2006
you dont have to be angry the Koreans did so well, so i think deserve a point.

I like them a lot in the sense that they never give up, they did it against Togo and now against France. no doubt they tried their best.
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Grizzly(m): 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2006
fuckkk les blues!!!! grin
They were lucky to get off with a draw,
Henry could pass for a half-wit despite his goal,
Mediocre phucks, underperformers,
They are going to get off with another draw, then they'll go home,
cool cool cool
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Grizzly(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2006
Do u know these shameless togolese players wanted to boycott the match against the swiss, ?
They had to be threatened with severe sanctions from FIFA, before they could make the trip.
I'm sure Monsignor Otto cant wait to resign,
what utter nonesense, all due to pay, pay, pay, cool
Re: World Cup - Group G - Group of Possibilities by Grizzly(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2006
And now they been scored, the togolese suck, cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kada 2009 / Nigeria's Uche Given Green Light To Play Football Again: / Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.