Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,998 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). (25225 Views)

Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband / He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy / Is It Okay To Give Babies All These Peak, Nido, Dano Kind Of Milk From 9months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by taryour(f): 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
Well for me its just so damn embarrassing, the only thing I crave more for is party jollof rice,to make matters worse,I even want to go ask the celebrants for some to take home and you can just imagine the look on the faces when you ask for more. I don't even want to cook at home anymore cos its just so irritating me and will end up not eating my own food which I prepare. Wasn't this bad in the previous one, I keep asking who and who cooked jollof rice. Abeg what do you think and what can I do to reduce this cravings

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lol. I crave party jollof rice anytime, pregnant or not. grin. As to the pregnancy cravings, I don't know if there's anything that can be done to reduce them though sad All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by greatgod2012(f): 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
It will soon be over, my dear......thank God for your own, sebi is party jolof rice you crave for, what of some who craves for strange objects like matching stick, small stones, etc.
Make God, your hubby and everywoman your companions and always bear in mind that.....it will soon be over.
May God help us all.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
greatgod2012: It will soon be over, my dear......thank God for your own, sebi is party jolof rice you crave for, what of some who craves for strange objects like matching stick, small stones, etc.
Make God, your hubby and everywoman your companions and always bear in mind that.....it will soon be over.
May God help us all.

Holy ghost! People crave stones and matching sticks? Lol, pregnancy fit do person bad thing. grin

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by greatgod2012(f): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
ileobatojo:

Holy ghost! People crave stones and matching sticks? Lol, pregnancy fit do person bad thing. grin

lol......one of my SILs, all d matching stick she suppose use for stove, na so so shop, just last month, i bought plenty chewing sticks for her to be chewing instead of matching stik, but it just reduce o, she still chew d thing, she claim d thing dey sweet for her mouth........chai....women dey suffer grin
May God help us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by taryour(f): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
greatgod2012:

lol......one of my SILs, all d matching stick she suppose use for stove, na so so shop, just last month, i bought plenty chewing sticks for her to be chewing instead of matching stik, but it just reduce o, she still chew d thing, she claim d thing dey sweet for her mouth........chai....women dey suffer grin
May God help us all.

Laugh wan tear my stomach. Oga oo,may God help us oo.

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by slimyem: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
Your own better..!
My friend craved for "burnt beans" during her pregnancy.It even got so bad one day that she burst into tears when her maid poured the beans into the freezer and washed the pot.The poor lady had to go re-warm the beans for her and get it burned on purpose.
I have also heard of pregnant women who begged for things like roasted corn and stuff from total strangersundecided
Its your time.Live it!
It'll soon pass!smiley

4 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
Funny though, mine was soured egusi soup. I'l cook d soup, remove ma huby's own, then use spoon and turn d remaining one and leave it 2 sour b4 warming it. I so much luvd d aroma ehn. But I neva ate meat mand fish those days, d mere sight of it makes me throw up
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by aadetoyin(f): 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
PETROL ke! I have seriously been laughing my ass off from reading this. My sister craved for Ogi (pap) when she was pregnant and she was so far away from home.

My friend used to crave Ice block and later she got irritated by whateva she cooks. She used to beg me to come and cook for her.
I am looking forward to motherhood but I don't want to crave stones o

3 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2013
greatgod2012:

May God help us all.

Lol!! Cellotape, petrol, matchsticks, sour egusi, crying over burnt beans!! Shege pregnancy hormones!! grin grin
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
Mine is just different, I hardly eat...even with all the vitamins, I see food as punishment embarassed.

I started eating a little during 5 th month, still I wish I had one little craving undecided.

I guess my craving is preparing the food, but after that I hardly eat it.

See me looking into YouTube for different kinds of cuisine (African,Asian, French etc), preparing them and after....throw in the bin when e don tey for fridge!

Yes! That's my craving.....cooking and wasting it smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
Double post
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by othenok(f): 12:11am On Feb 24, 2013
my first pregnancy I soo craved Agidi Jollof and to think I 've only tasted it thrice In my life in primary school! I remember I use to cry my eyes out just thinking of it. A friend saved my poor hubby by ordering 50 from Enugu else I for wound am.
2nd baby i craved drinking water from rubber/plastic cup. funny thing is that you detest those thing after putting to bed.

4 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by greatgod2012(f): 1:00am On Feb 24, 2013
Funny enough, do i call mine cravings, well, yes, because its abnormal.........na so so so fruits, i dont eat that much, but any kind of fruit, i fit beg my enemy for fruit during pregnancy, so, all my well wishers doesnt buy me anything except fruits, also, i like sitting and sleeping on d bare floor + i just like carrying heavy objects, my hubby go dey shout, what is all this now, this woman, i always feel like carrying everything , carying d whole world, just carrying, carrying,when im not a carrier grin...my energy go be like times 4........ huuuunnnmmmm...women and pregnancy hormones sha.......women dey suffer ooo.
And someone will be asking why kids love their mums than their dads....abeg, its obvious.
May God help us all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by MrsSiena1(f): 1:11am On Feb 24, 2013
Madam CC petrol ke lolll, for the first 5months for me anything food I no want oh infact I didnt like the smell of food at all cos after eating na to throw up everything I eat even if I drink water, morning sickness was terrible infact at a time I just shouted 'God I know pregnancy is a good thing but if this is how it is then I dont want the baby' embarassed immediately I realised what I have said and I quickly asked for forgiveness lollll. It got so bad that even the smell of deodorant I used to tell my husby whenever he wants to use his deodorant to go somewhere else to use his and as for me I stopped using my body cream, makeup ( I no even remember where my eyeshadow them dey sef that time)and after the terrible 5months oh boy I craved for 'owo and starch' hotdog infact na crime if husby no buy am oh and yes my favourite of them all lasagna I chop yeye comot for that food too lolll
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 24, 2013
I went to the market with my husband.
We were in a shop buying items suddenly a woman passed eating boil corn, my husband was busy ordering items, I left him and started following the woman.
Followed her oh, then I tapped her and begged her for the corn, almost in tears because the thing was almost finished.
By then my husband had found me, the woman looked at me and my stomach and gave me even offered to go and buy more for me outside.
My husband was apologising to her while I was chewing away crying and asking for more.
This was in the middle of the market oh.
My husband had to go and buy a whole leather bag of corn, I sat in the shop and ate about 3 before I stopped crying.
Then my head had cleared and I went back to the car and sat couldn't walk around the market again. Lol
Now when I pass that shop I put my head down and walk briskly even though it was ages ago.

20 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by damiso(f): 10:24am On Feb 24, 2013
Mine was chewing ice cubes even at -10 degrees.My mum was like you will give this baby cold o with the way you keep chewing ice cubes but i could not help it.I also could not eat stew soup or anything oily so if i eat rice it must be dry,i even ate eba without soup.I also could not eat any food i cooked so my husband turned to take away king and several friends used to come and drop food(just made me remember a friend going through same,gosh am so insensitive really really need to go drop something for her this week i have no excuse embarassed).Or when my colleagues would bring in McDonalds into the office and i would start gagging(even actually threw up a few times cos my desk is a long way from the toilets.i was also less than 12 weeks so had not said anything).Me and Mcdonalds hate each other in pregnancy even passing in front of one made me feel sick.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 24, 2013
shocked grin grin grin grin grin
debrief08: I went to the market with my husband.
We were in a shop buying items suddenly a woman passed eating boil corn, my husband was busy ordering items, I left him and started following the woman.
Followed her oh, then I tapped her and begged her for the corn, almost in tears because the thing was almost finished.
By then my husband had found me, the woman looked at me and my stomach and gave me even offered to go and buy more for me outside.
My husband was apologising to her while I was chewing away crying and asking for more.
My husband had to go and buy a whole leather bag of corn, I sat in the shop and ate about 3 before I stopped crying.
Then my head had cleared and I went back to the car and sat couldn't walk around the market again. Lol
Now when I pass that shop I put my head down and walk briskly even though it was ages ago.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
"I can't believe that you will be this wicked to me,what do you mean by driving through this town and yet claim you can't find a ripe sour sop?"I spurted out amidst tears.My first pregnancy was not funny at all,It got so bad that I was actually praying for a miscarriage as funds were been drowned in the hospital on daily basis.I went from size 62 to 50kg as I can't keep anything down.Sour sop was the only food my system could identify with.This very day Mr B came back from work with an unripe sour sop apologising that he couldn't find a ripe one.Watching me cry because of sour sop was a pitiful sight because am barely audible due to weakness.

At 6months,I went to a shop to buy a plastic containet.The aroma of boiled yam oozing out from this woman's shop was making me salivate.I had to ask if she sells boiled yam as well(who sells boiled yam in a grocery shop?),she said no but added that I can have some.I gratefully took the yam,wrapping it in several nylon bags so hubby won't notice,I had to enjoy my precious yam in the toilet to avoid any interrogation on how the yam came about.

A friend of mine actually ate frogs during her pregnancy.She buys it from village market each time she visits her villa.You need to see how she dutifully scraps the frog,spice it and fry in red oil till its crunchy.

Despite the fact that I don't eat much during preg,I don't understand how my kids weigh much at birth.I hope this time around 3kg will be it,I need my perineum intactoo baba God(off spitting like king cobra).

3 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
///

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by EfemenaXY: 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
Wow! cheesy

Loving this thread ladies!! Well, for every single pregnancy of mine, I craved for something really dry and dusty!

I know this sounds crazy, but d'you remember what the air around you smells like when it rains on a tarred piece of road, after a particularly hot, dry afternoon??

Ohhhh...I used to trip for that smell. Always made me want to postrate flat on the floor and lick the ground! Thank goodness common sense always prevailed in the end.

Another favourite craving of mine was yearning for native chalk. You know, the white, cylindrical shaped ones? I did manage to get hold of some from my nan (God rest her soul), on our visit to Naija, during my first pregnancy.
I even managed to sneak some of the stuff back home. Didn't know hubby was trailing me closely. I can't even begin to tell you lot how I felt one fine afternoon, after hubby had left for work, me with my big belle and all, frantically searching the top of the wardrobe (who hides stuff on top of a wardrobe anyway?? cheesy ) for my stash...only to find that it was gone! embarassed cry

Didn't get much support from my midwife either, as I was told the stuff containes traces of mercury which can be harmful to the baby...

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I've had to make do with ice cubes. Lots and lots of them, even in the middle of winter. The whole family would be sat in front of the telly on Saturday night watching X-factor with their popcorn and soft drinks, me with my bowl of crunchy ice-cubes and the occasional Asaro (yam porridge with plantains) grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
oh my sweet jesus...i can wait to be a daddy.....i love u all ......so funny ..... grin grin grin grin
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
I can see why most mothers find it difficult to go back to their former weight after child birth,.... cheesy, so na long throat cause am tongue.

Back to post, I just remember what I did to my niece in lagos last yr,

My 2 yr old niece was having a chin-chin her mum bought for her that afternoon, we were just alone, I tasted the chin chin with my condition and I liked it.

Then I made a deal with her in exchange for her chin chin. I gave her my phone to watch my MIL cat pictures! She loved the pictures and was like, so adorable.
While she was going through the pix, I finished the chin chin grin, anyway she didn't really noticed.

But six hrs later, her mum was home and we were just talking, this little girl walked up to me and asked

" aunty V, where is my chin chin" lipsrsealed

I was speechless..of cos the mum understood and couldn't help laughing.

Long throat should be minimized. All preggers, beware!

5 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by uyogabie(f): 8:20pm On Feb 24, 2013
@vikin,how are you doing?I've been longing to read your testimomy.hope you are good?do take care dear.
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2013
Very funny thread grin .Well, my sis used to crave ginger tea lyk crazy nd she hated indomie with a passion...chai! God help all pregnant women...I can't wait to be a mum myself
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Well i have not started making babies but i know that whenever i am menstrating i loose apetite and start acting weired.i can suddenly develop the urge to cook jollof rice.as soon as its ready,i loose apetite.the next minute,i feel very sleepy and if am not sleepy,i want to be left alone.throughout my menses i loose apetite and if i have little apetite,maybe its to drink minerals because eating food makes me feel like throwing up,the smell of food neauseates me the more so i wonder how i will feel when i am preggy
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by joymary7(f): 9:04pm On Feb 24, 2013
ileobatojo:

Pregnancy really bring up a lot of tins ooo, d early stage of my pregnancy, i craved for pepper in indomie, the indomie i eat must be dried and red because of d plenty pepper. From my 6th month i started craving for native chalk, i cld spend 100 for transport only to buy 10 naira native chalk. I inhaled a lot of powder just like sniffing cocane. Then i also eat sand and eat my tailoring chalk. Lol looking back on those days maked me smile
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by ameenahz(f): 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
debrief08: I went to the market with my husband.

OMG! Kinda happened to me too, though i was not the 'craver'. I was eating roasted corn jeje in d bus when ds pregnant woman tapped me n BEGGED me to give her that corn! While i was still staring in disbelief, she started crying n told me she will not let me get down if i finish that corn wtout giving her! The things pregnancy cause, chei

2 Likes

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
uyogabie: @vikin,how are you doing?I've been longing to read your testimomy.hope you are good?do take care dear.

Updated. Thanks for care. How d baby doing? smiley
Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by babysnogls: 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
All of una wan kill me wt laff o! Mine was all kinds of food especially peppersoup and orobo mirinda! I had to control d urge to take softdrinks when i heard of gory stories on how ur baby will get bigger and fatter cos of sugar intake. Even at dt, i still had episotomy. Na so d docs just dey tear me anyhow. Infact, my 1st son gave me a wide cut i feared d thing would neva heal!

1 Like

Re: How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). by Caracta(f): 12:37am On Feb 25, 2013
Is this how it feels shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As I'm Enduring This, Am I Really Making My Children Better? / My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money / Grand Dad Recreates His Old Photos In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.