Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,651 members, 7,862,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

Urgent Visa/travelling Advise - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Visa/travelling Advise (813 Views)

Extremely Urgent Visa Advice!!!! / Get Urgent Visa - No Deposit / Urgent Visa Questions: Submitting Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Visa/travelling Advise by browse: 6:07am On Jun 25, 2008
hello, Please i need your candid advise,i applied for student visa late last year so i was denied based on flemsy excuses,i filed-in 4appeal,but the embassy couldn't let me through with it before they called me to pick up my visa,when i got there this March, i was told that my documents are intact and asked me to drop my appeal and gave me a call bak note stating that my doc are intact but its too early to issue visa since my resumption date is September.So i was asked to check bak anytime from June,to cut it short,i was given the visa on 16th June,monday and it starts from that day too.

My question is, can i leave anytime from now?I want to know if there wont be any querry at the entry point?considering the resumption date(29Sept,2008).Please i need your advice. Thanks
Re: Urgent Visa/travelling Advise by funkybaby(f): 9:03am On Jun 25, 2008
@browse

It depends largely on where you are going to be accommodated pending when your school resumes and the valid explaination you can give the officials at the port of entry on what you will be doing in the UK till when you begin your studies.

If you have a relative abroad that is legal, you can have him or her give you a letter stating you will be accommodated at his/her place pending when school resumes after which you will relocate to a student hostel or you will rent a flat of your own.

You could tell them at the port entry that you want to familiarize yourself with england, shop, visit a few tourist attractions, relax and have fun till when school resumes and by then you will have little time for such activities since you will be really occupied with your studies.

Lastly, make sure you have the full home address, house number, mobile number, personal details (eg. The person's occupation in UK) of whoever will be accommodating you. Also travel along with your sponsor's bank statement, sufficient travel money, letters of admission/enrollment, etc.
Re: Urgent Visa/travelling Advise by bowa(m): 11:04am On Jun 25, 2008
@funky
u're doing a good job
Re: Urgent Visa/travelling Advise by browse: 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2008
Thanks people, i will like more suggestion on how to get cheap one-way flight or even return to london,which airline offers cheap fare.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa Applications,can Someone Help Pls! / Us Visa Lottery Info / Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.