Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,696 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:29 PM

Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! (3525 Views)

I Don't Fall When Touched By My Church Pastor For Annoting / Pastor Ajanaku Is Dead (Christ-Revival Church Pastor) / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Zikkyy(m): 12:10am On Sep 27, 2013
Bidam: My friend what are you saying? grin Jesus said before Abraham was I AM

was he or was he not in AB's loins? smiley
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 27, 2013
Zikkyy:

was he or was he not in AB's loins? smiley
You are not a good bible student.Don't you know even King David was his father by genealogy?

Let it be so to fulfill all righteousness.KAI you don derail topic cheesy
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Image123(m): 5:06am On Sep 27, 2013
christemmbassey: why u dey fear, twist na! I know say u no get conscience.
Imagine a christian urging one to twist the Bible! Evidently, you're not worth a discussion as you're only interested in mockery and catching of words. You need the real Jesus.
The reader can read the passage i quoted in answer to Candour's post and ask the Lord for understanding.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 8:16am On Sep 27, 2013
Bidam: My friend what are you saying? grin Jesus said before Abraham was I AM
and Abram reeused to acknowledge Jesus by tithing to Melchi. Bro see ya life?
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 8:21am On Sep 27, 2013
Image123:
Imagine a christian urging one to twist the Bible! Evidently, you're not worth a discussion as you're only interested in mockery and catching of words. You need the real Jesus.
The reader can read the passage i quoted in answer to Candour's post and ask the Lord for understanding.
truth is bitter.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 8:42am On Sep 27, 2013
Image123: 1 Corinthians 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

LET EVERY ONE OF YOU- freewill?
AS GOD HAS PROSPERED- proprtional?

A liitle history of how the verse you quoted came to be

Acts 11:28-30
'And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Ceaser.29.Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in judea:30.Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul'

Romans 15:25-26
'But now i go unto Jerusalem to minster unto the saints.26.For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.'

1Cor 16:1-3
'Now concerning the collection for the saints, as i have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.2.Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when i come.3.And when i come, whomesoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will i send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem'

see the trail: Famine was predicted by a prophet from Jerusalem. remember the Jerusalem saints sold all they had and maintained a common purse, naturally the purse went dry. Gentile Christians then determined to send supplies to the saints at Jerusalem who had become impoverished from sharing everything and also possibly the fierce persecution. Everyman gave according to his ability. No body stipulated a percentage. proportionate means if you earn big, pls give big.

There was nothing compulsive, remember they all determined and purposed to give and were even pleased to do so. see the bolded portions up there.

summary, no compulsion, no percentages or formulae.

see how the Gentile Christians must have reasoned to do what they did

1John 3:17
'But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?'
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 9:19am On Sep 27, 2013
Candour:

'And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Ceaser.29.Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined [/b]to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in judea:30.Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul'

'But now i go unto Jerusalem to minster unto the saints.26.For it [b]hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.'

'Now concerning the collection for the saints, as i have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.2.Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when i come.3.And when i come, whomesoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will i send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem'

see the trail: Famine was predicted by a prophet from Jerusalem. remember the Jerusalem saints sold all they had and maintained a common purse, naturally the purse went dry. Gentile Christians then determined to send supplies to the saints at Jerusalem who had become impoverished from sharing everything and also possibly the fierce persecution. Everyman gave according to his ability. No body stipulated a percentage. proportionate means if you earn big, pls give big.

There was nothing compulsive, remember they all determined and purposed to give and were even pleased to do so. see the bolded portions up there.

'But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?'
Q.E.D, God bless you plenty. Tithe collectors, nwa, look for another verse to twist!
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 11:20am On Sep 27, 2013
Image123:
DEBOOOOOOOO, hope you can read the first line? This is the view of most antitithers here BTW, not the lip service they were paying in Ola's thread.
CRY CRY BABY, u want to see ur daddy shame!
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2013
christemmbassey: I'm only agreeing with what d jew's leader in nora544 postwas saying in Ola's thread, d levites were commanded to collect tithes, therefor if u pay tithes to a nigerian, u n d naija pastor av commited SIN, BC UE IS NOT A LEVITE, worst if u pay to a female pastor.
pls see nora544 post on page 61 of Ola's thread on tithe and offerings. I'm using phon, can't post d link.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Image123(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
Candour:

'And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Ceaser.29.Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in judea:30.Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul'

'But now i go unto Jerusalem to minster unto the saints.26.For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.'

Hahahaha, you are wriggling and twisting at straight forward passage. Na wa oh. History on how the verse came to be. Rabbi, tell me more cheesy cheesy cheesy. You said "Christianity is all about free will giving." i simply showed you a verse that states otherwise.
1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
1Co 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

The apostle gave ORDER, a command, a direction to give. Hear it on the Good News version.
1Co 16:1 Now, concerning what you wrote about the money to be raised to help God's people in Judea. You must do what I told the churches in Galatia to do.
1Co 16:2 Every Sunday each of you must put aside some money, in proportion to what you have earned, and save it up, so that there will be no need to collect money when I come.

Imagine if a pastor told his congregation that You MUST Do what i told. We no go hear word again. Legalism, crook, scammer etc, that's what we will be hearing. Is it by force to give? i sincerely do not think so. i do not tink it is by force to pray, tithe, go to church, evangelise either. But God wants us to do this things, and there are Bible passages thatt support these things. EVERY SUNDAY, EACH OF YOU, not some of you, or those that feel like. Each of you must put aside some money. This money is IN PROPORTION. Don't you know that percentage means proportion? If you no like maths or you no sabi maths, carry dictionary na. The verse is very clear, there is no need to muddle up things. Again, let every man be persuaded in his own mind.

2 Likes

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Alwaystrue(f): 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
^^^^^^^
If Apostle Paul was to be alive and repeated what He said here....these same people that are grasping at straws and claiming they follow him would have called him all sort of names going by what we are seeing far.
No wonder he was being examined in I Corinthians 9:3....the examination like is going on today had happened far back from Paul's time. It is expected.

Jesus said something similar in Matthew 23:29-30.

I keep getting amazed and how deep people are willing to sink on this issue and these are people who act like they give much more.

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
Image123:
Hahahaha, you are wriggling and twisting at straight forward passage. Na wa oh. History on how the verse came to be. Rabbi, tell me more cheesy cheesy cheesy. You said "Christianity is all about free will giving." i simply showed you a verse that states otherwise.
1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
1Co 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

The apostle gave ORDER, a command, a direction to give. Hear it on the Good News version.
1Co 16:1 Now, concerning what you wrote about the money to be raised to help God's people in Judea. You must do what I told the churches in Galatia to do.
1Co 16:2 Every Sunday each of you must put aside some money, in proportion to what you have earned, and save it up, so that there will be no need to collect money when I come.

Imagine if a pastor told his congregation that You MUST Do what i told. We no go hear word again. Legalism, crook, scammer etc, that's what we will be hearing. Is it by force to give? i sincerely do not think so. i do not tink it is by force to pray, tithe, go to church, evangelise either. But God wants us to do this things, and there are Bible passages thatt support these things. EVERY SUNDAY, EACH OF YOU, not some of you, or those that feel like. Each of you must put aside some money. This money is IN PROPORTION. Don't you know that percentage means proportion? If you no like maths or you no sabi maths, carry dictionary na. The verse is very clear, there is no need to muddle up things. Again, let every man be persuaded in his own mind.

grin cheesy cheesy

So because of tithe you actually have started seeing Paul as a dictator and commander over his flocks finances? so what would he have done if they didnt obey? call down fire from heaven or curse their finances?

It's a simple matter image. see what Paul said

Now concerning the collection for the saints, as i have given order to the churches in galatia, so do ye. upon the first day of the week......

My bro, the order was about getting it ready on the first day of the week simply so there'll be no gatherigs when he comes. He wanted to avoid rushing or disorderliness when he came.

He had no RIGHT to order them to part with their money image. That is a negation of liberty that came with GRACE.

See 2Cor 1:24
'Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand'

i repeat paul had no RIGHT over their life just like no pastor now has a right over the life or affairs of his members.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
Alwaystrue: ^^^^^^^
If Apostle Paul was to be alive and repeated what He said here....these same people that are grasping at straws and claiming they follow him would have called him all sort of names going by what we are seeing far.
No wonder he was being examined in I Corinthians 9:3....the examination like is going on today had happened far back from Paul's time. It is expected.

Jesus said something similar in Matthew 23:29-30.

I keep getting amazed and how deep people are willing to sink on this issue and these are people who act like they give much more.

Sister, stop getting amazed. I am surprised you assume Paul could order Corinthian Christians on how they were supposed to handle their finances. What was he? headmaster?

These guys had already purposed to give. See what he said about the ones in Romans

THEY WERE NOT FORCED. APOSTLE PAUL UNDERSTOOD GRACE ENOUGH TO KNOW HE COULDN'T FORCE ANYBODY

i want to believe they don't order you to bring donations in your church
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Alwaystrue(f): 6:29am On Sep 28, 2013
Hebrews 9:16-17
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The Old Convenant took effect on the Israelites ONLY AFTER the sacrifice of blood. But before the convenant took effect God had to give His laws, statutes and judgements (ordinances) FIRST. The blood of the bulls and sheep simply SEALED the bond.

But because the people could not fulfil their part and infact did so much evil, God has to send His Son Jesus Christ to avert the imminent curse on the earth.
Malachi 4:5-6
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And the word of God in Malachi was fulfilled below when Jesus was speaking of John the Baptist, who had come to prepare the way.
Matthew 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

And Jesus finally came, born of a woman, under the law (Galatians 4:4) to redeem those under the law as seen by some of the deliverances from devils miracles He did.
So THE WORD OF GOD BECAME FLESH.
John 1:14,17
And the WORD WAS MADE FLESH, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished IN HIS FLESH the ENMITY, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances ; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, AND took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross

It was while Jesus was IN THE FLESH that He abolished the law of commandments CONTAINED in ordinances (Exodus chapter 21-24)that was causing enmity between Jews and Gentiles....Read the story of the Samaritan woman for example in John 4, and the commission to take the gospel to the end of the earth (totally different from just Israel alone). Also read Matthew 5 and see where He was abolishing the judgements for going against those ordinances. e.g. Eye for eye etc. It was at His death that he TOTALLY TOOK IT OUT OF THE WAY by nailing it to the cross being a sacrifice for sins. The 10 commandments were not the ordinances. Jesus was even very angry when the traditions of men were put over the law of God. Tithe and offerings were already before the law and are not the ordinances often misconstrues in Malachi 3:7 as that scripture is not talking about Malachi 3:8....verse 7 was already answered in verse 7.

That is why scriptures says: Jesus is the end of the law FOR righteousness to them that believe (Romans 10:4) because the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us when we walk in the Spirit (Romans 8:3-4) and you believe in Christ by believing His words (John 5:24) as well as the finished work on the cross. (John 19:30)

Why? Because all Jesus did and said while He was IN THE Flesh was THE TESTAMENT (THE TRUTH AND GRACE) which was only SEALED at His death by BLOOD. Hence the NEW CONVENANT!

Matthew 26:28 for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many

To read more on this and also the transfiguration, continue in https://www.nairaland.com/1455684/what-seem-difference-between-old#18398498
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 6:56am On Sep 28, 2013
@Always true, r u sure, u r nt Bidam? Bc u write so much like him.. I realy feel for u, is it ur pastor or u, i know sm ppl are slow learners, as at now, i don't know where to begin to help u, may b u should ask questions on any of ur quoted textS, its very CLEAR, U DO NT UNDASTAND A WORD FROM THEM. Good morning.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Image123(m): 9:36am On Sep 28, 2013
Candour:

grin cheesy cheesy

So because of tithe you actually have started seeing Paul as a dictator and commander over his flocks finances? so what would he have done if they didnt obey? call down fire from heaven or curse their finances?

It's a simple matter image. see what Paul said

Now concerning the collection for the saints, as i have given order to the churches in galatia, so do ye. upon the first day of the week......

My bro, the order was about getting it ready on the first day of the week simply so there'll be no gatherigs when he comes. He wanted to avoid rushing or disorderliness when he came.

He had no RIGHT to order them to part with their money image. That is a negation of liberty that came with GRACE.

See 2Cor 1:24
'Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand'

i repeat paul had no RIGHT over their life just like no pastor now has a right over the life or affairs of his members.
Mr, the issue is clear and straight. you said that Christianity is all about free will giving. i have simply shown that there were times, in the Bible, where people were ordered to give. Here it is again,

The epistle here showed ORDER being given, people being COMMANDED to give. i have severally stated that New Testament is not by force. But it will be childish and ignorant to deny that there is a yoke and burden to bear, there are commandments to be obeyed, and the Christian is expected to live as a soldier, obeying.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Here is what the Bible states about rights.
1Co 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
1Co 9:12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.
1Co 9:4 Have we not power to eat and to drink?
1Co 9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?
1Co 9:6 Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working?

the Bible says it, i believe it, and that settles it for me. i am not you, please stop trying to force me/us to be you.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2013
Image123:
Mr, the issue is clear and straight. you said that Christianity is all about free will giving. i have simply shown that there were times, in the Bible, where people were ordered to give. Here it is again,

The epistle here showed ORDER being given, people being COMMANDED to give. i have severally stated that New Testament is not by force. But it will be childish and ignorant to deny that there is a yoke and burden to bear, there are commandments to be obeyed, and the Christian is expected to live as a soldier, obeying.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Here is what the Bible states about rights.
1Co 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
1Co 9:12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.
1Co 9:4 Have we not power to eat and to drink?
1Co 9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?
1Co 9:6 Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working?

the Bible says it, i believe it, and that settles it for me. i am not you, please stop trying to force me/us to be you.

And I tell you it's a lie. Haba! How can you come here and tell us Paul ordered Christians to give? Give otherwise he'll do what?

Read that 1Cor 16:1-2 again. Concerning the collections which they already knew about, he gave an order on format of collection which was 'set it aside on first day of the week'. What is so difficult to understand?

Every believed knows knows he's to give if he truly realises what God gave up for him or her. So how can you justify saying Paul ordered them to give. Where is the God loveth a cheerful giver part?

Paul didn't collect tithes. He collected freewill collections and he didn't need to force anybody because He had no right to.

This your thinking is what egged Rev King on to murder o. Having power over Christians? Haba!

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 10:41am On Sep 28, 2013
Candour:

And I tell you it's a lie. Haba! How can you come here and tell us Paul ordered Christians to give? Give otherwise he'll do what?

Read that 1Cor 16:1-2 again. Concerning the collections which they already knew about, he gave an order on format of collection which was 'set it aside on first day of the week'. What is so difficult to understand?

Every believed knows knows he's to give if he truly realises what God gave up for him or her. So how can you justify saying Paul ordered them to give. Where is the God loveth a cheerful giver part?

Paul didn't collect tithes. He collected freewill collections and he didn't need to force anybody because He had no right to.

This your thinking is what egged Rev King on to murder o. Having power over Christians? Haba!

if he doesn't twist, hom else will he decieve those dat r too lazy to read d bible! How can he pepertuate d tithe fraud. I thank God there are ppl like u to counter his falsehood.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 10:48am On Sep 28, 2013
christemmbassey: if he doesn't twist, hom else will he decieve those dat r too lazy to read d bible! How can he pepertuate d tithe fraud. I thank God there are ppl like u to counter his falsehood.

The thing tire me bro. I put up posers up about tithe collection by Jesus and the apostles and none of them could refute it.

So if apostles didn't collect tithes, when did tithe start?
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Goshen360(m): 11:02am On Sep 28, 2013
Candour:

This dude you're talking to doesn't even know nor understand that the word 'commandment' means different things in scriptures. In their legalistic mind, they think when you read or hear the word command or commandment, it is a stated rules, regulations etc. If you think I lie, pick you bible and concordance, find where Jesus said "teaching them to observe all that I commanded you" and also find another place for commandments in the old and new and see the difference. They are legalist and will always interpret scriptures in their legalistic mind. No wonder Paul said, renew your mind.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Alwaystrue(f): 11:25am On Sep 28, 2013
Candour:

The thing tire me bro. I put up posers up about tithe collection by Jesus and the apostles and none of them could refute it.

So if apostles didn't collect tithes, when did tithe start?
There was some things I expect you to just meditate on but I am surprised you now try everything to prove a point.

But I am saying this for your benefit and will not comments anymore om this thread:

1. Why would Jesus tithe when He did not have secular work? And His testament was not yet sealed till His death and He was born during the Levitival Priesthood so all offerings and tithes went to the temple yet he never condemned this and Paul reaffirmed it.

2. The Christians in Jerusalem gave all during the time of the apostles so they were giving 100% yet there were still complaints even within the widows when they did not get out of it. Strangely though it was not a law yet Ananias decided to go ahead and kept part and lied and lost his life.

3. Paul was being examined why? You can check the 1 Corinthians 9 and he decided to let go of what He called a right, so why will he use the right? Still he received gifts one of which he even called a fragrant offering and acceptable sacrifice. Phil 4:18 and he blessed them in verse 19. Paul ws not afraid to use a burnt offering term to describe it. He understood it. Anything of sacrifice is a burnt offering.

4. The offering for the poor saints was because of the famine and they had been giving their all already so the offerings were given to help them, it was not meant to be continuous. Atleast till they got back to their feet.

I am actually dissappointed that even when some of your fellows say some very heretical statements about Jesus and His word you still feel comfortable bantering with them even calling Jesus what He should not be called. Because something has been abused does not make the use wrong. You are not focusing on the right thing here.

Still nothing is compulsory but for our benefit whatever we do.
If Paul and Silas had not praised, may be the prison doors might not have opened on time, even Jesus said somethings goeth not out but by fasting and prayer, Jesus said we give and we receive, may be if prayers were not going on for Peter on Acts 12:5, he might not have been released on time. God has blessed us but their are something things we need to do to also access them. He has given us food but we need to work for it and so on.

It is one thing to not believe in a thing. It is another to make mockery of what you do not understand.
It is becoming ridiculous seeing some comments.
Please just spend time to do your own meditation, rather than trying to argue and score cheap points, be strong in your concluded stand irrespective of what anyone says.

Thanks for the time.
God bless you.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Goshen360(m): 11:40am On Sep 28, 2013
Alwaystrue:
There was some things I expect you to just meditate on but I am surprised you now try everything to prove a point.

But I am saying this for your benefit and will not comments anymore om this thread:

1. Why would Jesus tithe when He did not have secular work? And His testament was not yet sealed till His death and He was born during the Levitival Priesthood so all offerings and tithes went to the temple yet he never condemned this and Paul reaffirmed it.

2. The Christians in Jerusalem gave all during the time of the apostles so they were giving 100% yet there were still complaints even within the widows when they did not get out of it. Strangely though it was not a law yet Ananias decided to go ahead and kept part and lied and lost his life.

3. Paul was being examined why? You can check the 1 Corinthians 9 and he decided to let go of what He called a right, so why will he use the right? Still he received gifts one of which he even called a fragrant offering and acceptable sacrifice. Phil 4:18 and he blessed them in verse 19. Paul ws not afraid to use a burnt offering term to describe it. He understood it. Anything of sacrifice is a burnt offering.

4. The offering for the poor saints was because of the famine and they had been giving their all already so the offerings were given to help them, it was not meant to be continuous. Atleast till they got back to their feet.

I am actually dissappointed that even when some of your fellows say some very heretical statements about Jesus and His word you still feel comfortable bantering with them even calling Jesus what He should not be called. Because something has been abused does not make the use wrong. You are not focusing on the right thing here.

If Paul and Silas had not praised, may be the prison doors might not have opened on time, even Jesus said somethings goeth not out but by fasting and prayer, Jesus said we give and we receive, may be if prayers were not going on for Peter on Acts 12:5, he might not have been released on time. God has blessed us but their are something things we need to do to also access them. He has given us food but we need to work for it and so on.

It is one thing to not believe in a thing. It is another to make mockery of what you do not understand.
Please just spend time to do your own meditation, rather than trying to argue and score cheap points, be strong in your concluded stand irrespective of what anyone says.

Thanks for the time.
God bless you.

Rubbish and sentiments as usual. Is it too hard for you and your tithe merchants to show us ONE SINGLE verse where tithe was mentioned for New Testament Christians? Aren't you the same that quotes and proliferate the whole threads with Hebrews scriptures where a testator must die before a testament can be in force?

Every where tithe is taught, the word 'tithe' is used and it must surface. Give us just one single verse where tithe is mentioned for Christians or remain a liar!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2013
Alwaystrue:

2. The people under perter gave all during the time of the apostles so they were giving 100% yet there were still complaints even within the widows when they did not get out of it. Strangely though it was not a law yet Ananias decided to go ahead and kept part and lied and lost his life.

If Paul and Silas had not praised, may be the prison doors might not have opened on time, even Jesus said somethings goeth not out but by fasting and prayer, Jesus said we give and we receive, may be if prayers were not going on for Peter on Acts 12:5, he might not have been released on time. God has blessed us but their are something things we need to do to also access them. Hour has given us food but we need to work for it and so on.

Please just spent time to do your own meditation, rather than trying to argue and score cheap points, be strong in your concluded stand irrespective of what anyone says.

Thanks for the time.
God bless you.

ThankGod you agree Jesus didn't tithe. So pls help me tell idnoble that HE LIED

You are being economical with the truth about what the new Christians at Jerusalem did. Apart from the Christians at Jerusalem, can you honestly point to ant Church where they gave all in the new testament?

Since you know they gave all, why relate it to tithe? Have you forgotten tithe is 10%? Why can't you just agree every man gave as he purposed without compulsion during the apostles ministry?

Its a simple thing to do dear sister. Did Paul collect tithes from the believers knowing fully well that he was not a levite? Can it be that difficult to give a straight answer?

You truly amaze me sister

The point I'm trying to prove is that tithing under whatever guise is not Christian doctrine but a doctrine of criminals because its founded on total falsehood

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Zikkyy(m): 11:51am On Sep 28, 2013
Alwaystrue is beginning to sound like bidam and am not sure that's a good thing sad
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2013
Zikkyy: Alwaystrue is beginning to sound like bidam and am not sure that's a good thing sad

I'm very disappointed Zikkyy. I always looked forward to her analysis because I honestly learnt from them but the gymnastics of these past few days have eroded my belief about her intentions.

I respected her so much that its sad
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by PastorKun(m): 11:57am On Sep 28, 2013
Candour:

I'm very disappointed Zikkyy. I always looked forward to her analysis because I honestly learnt from them but the gymnastics of these past few days have eroded my belief about her intentions.

I don't even bother to read her posts again these days, they are always full of assumptions, bible twisting, beating around the bush and outright lies.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
Goshen360:

Rubbish and sentiments as usual. Is it too hard for you and your tithe merchants to show us ONE SINGLE verse where tithe was mentioned for New Testament Christians? Aren't you the same that quotes and proliferate the whole threads with Hebrews scriptures where a testator must die before a testament can be in force?

Every where tithe is taught, the word 'tithe' is used and it must surface. Give us just one single verse where tithe is mentioned for Christians or remain a liar!!!
U bother yasef reading dat
sister bidam post? d tithe collector's wifey dey protect chop money o.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
Zikkyy: Alwaystrue is beginning to sound like bidam and am not sure that's a good thing sad
are u+sure she is nt bidam? bc, when she post, bidam will not n their posts v d same staleness, omg! such dishonesty!
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I don't even bother to read her posts again these days, they are always full of assumptions, bible twisting, beating around the bush and outright lies.
it is in their character o, traders must lie to sell their wares.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
Candour:

that's what involvement in fraud can do to sm1 dat Jesus died for' i v a strong feeling, Dat sister is bidam,
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Image123(m): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
Candour:

The scriptures cannot be broken. Stop attempting to break it, i plead with you.

1Co 16:1 Now about the giving of money for the saints, as I gave orders to the churches of Galatia, so do you.
1Co 16:2 On the first day of the week, let every one of you put by him in store, in measure as he has done well in business, so that it may not be necessary to get money together when I come. (BBE)

1Co 16:1 When you collect money for God's people, I want you to do exactly what I told the churches in Galatia to do.
1Co 16:2 That is, each Sunday each of you must put aside part of what you have earned. If you do this, you won't have to take up a collection when I come. (CEV)

1Co 16:2 Every Sunday each of you must put aside some money, in proportion to what you have earned, and save it up, so that there will be no need to collect money when I come. (Goodnews)

1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I commanded the assemblies of Galatia, you do likewise.
1Co 16:2 On the first day of the week, let each one of you save, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come. (WEB)

The Bible says Paul ordered Christians to give, i didn't just dream it up. i just showed it since you said otherwise. i'm not interested in winning an argument, its yours to win. i'm only showing the Bible because i cannot do anything against the truth but for the truth. It's not by force ehn. Don't let it be such a great deal to you. The Bible NEVER condemned giving of tithes. The Spirit of God did not forget.

1Co 9:11 We have sown spiritual seed among you. Is it too much if we reap material benefits from you?
1Co 9:12 If others have the right to expect this from you, don't we have an even greater right? But we haven't made use of this right. Instead, we have endured everything in order not to put any obstacle in the way of the Good News about Christ.

1Co 9:11 If we have been planting the things of the Spirit for you, does it seem a great thing for you to give us a part in your things of this world?
1Co 9:12 If others have a part in this right over you, have we not even more? But we did not make use of our right, so that we might put nothing in the way of the good news of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2013
Image123:
The scriptures cannot be broken. Stop attempting to break it, i plead with you.

1Co 16:1 Now about the giving of money for the saints, as I gave orders to the churches of Galatia, so do you.
1Co 16:2 On the first day of the week, let every one of you put by him in store, in measure as he has done well in business, so that it may not be necessary to get money together when I come. (BBE)

1Co 16:1 When you collect money for God's people, I want you to do exactly what I told the churches in Galatia to do.
1Co 16:2 That is, each Sunday each of you must put aside part of what you have earned. If you do this, you won't have to take up a collection when I come. (CEV)

1Co 16:2 Every Sunday each of you must put aside some money, in proportion to what you have earned, and save it up, so that there will be no need to collect money when I come. (Goodnews)

1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I commanded the assemblies of Galatia, you do likewise.
1Co 16:2 On the first day of the week, let each one of you save, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come. (WEB)

The Bible says Paul ordered Christians to give, i didn't just dream it up. i just showed it since you said otherwise. i'm not interested in winning an argument, its yours to win. i'm only showing the Bible because i cannot do anything against the truth but for the truth. It's not by force ehn. Don't let it be such a great deal to you. The Bible NEVER condemned giving of tithes. The Spirit of God did not forget.

1Co 9:11 We have sown spiritual seed among you. Is it too much if we reap material benefits from you?
1Co 9:12 If others have the right to expect this from you, don't we have an even greater right? But we haven't made use of this right. Instead, we have endured everything in order not to put any obstacle in the way of the Good News about Christ.

1Co 9:11 If we have been planting the things of the Spirit for you, does it seem a great thing for you to give us a part in your things of this world?
1Co 9:12 If others have a part in this right over you, have we not even more? But we did not make use of our right, so that we might put nothing in the way of the good news of Christ.

And I tell you that you misinterpret. If Christ came to give us liberty and Paul lost his life preaching Grace and Liberty of the Christian, don't you think its absurd that the same Paul would now stand over the believers with a gun kind of and 'order' them to give or else he'll punish them(wonder what his threat would have been)?

Follow the verse slowly like this.....

Now concerning the collection for the saints,.......see, he was making reference to what they all knew to do. See the next part of the statement 'as i have given order to the churches of galatia, even so do ye'. What were they supposed to do? See it 'Upon the first day if the week let every one of you lay by him in store,...........that there be no gatherings when i come. The bolded is the order he gave: GET IT READY BEFORE I COME TO AVOID RUSHING TO MEET UP.

They all knew they were going to give to help the poor saints at Jerusalem. Practical demonstration of love to neighbor was a part of the message they heard from Paul. You know how I got to know? See the below

Gal 2:9-10
'And when James, Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the curcumcision.10.Only they would that we should remember the poor: the same which I also was forward to do'

Charity and hospitality towards the poor was a cardinal point of Paul's message as we find in his letters. He didn't need to order or force anybody my bro. All gentile converts Paul preached to knew the beauty of love in action and they were pleased to give. So says Romans 15:27.

It wasn't tithe they were gathering neither were they forced to give. It makes a mess of the doctrine of grace my bro for GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER NOT A FORCED GIVER

The funny thing is that all the translations you reproduced support this position if you can just read in context. The order is on how to get what they are giving ready for the sake of orderliness.

Also I see you quoting about his welfare. Pls note that 1Cor 16:1-3 talks about collections for POOR saints, NOT for PAUL. Its not about winning argument but about rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Brother From Saudi-arabia. Journey To CHRIST / Who Is This Allah? (forward And Preface) / Is It Biblical To Pay Bride-Price? If Yes, Prove It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.