Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People (45314 Views)

7 Problems Only TALL People Understands... / Awkward Anatomy: 10 Odd Facts About The Female Body - / World Over, Women Prefer Huge And Tall Men To The Opposite, So. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by vedaxcool(m): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
At the end what ur life amounts to depends on the sort of decisions u make, no research yet can predetermine the sort of decision u would make!
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by pendusky(m): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
i rep 5ft8" i no try?
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by bosun11(m): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
Am 6'2....Oya Ladies Holla...lol...Mum And Dad..Ii love You...yaga !!!!
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
Chomzy19: I agree with dia points xept d IQ part, frm my own observations frm primary to dis day as a graduate, short pple are always more intelligent than their taller counterparts, its lyk d more pple grow tall d more they leave their senses behind. All the genius in my school days were short... So in dis nigeria d reverse is d case
lmao,so hillarious
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by Davijunson: 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
NL member:

What if the child takes after the short parent and ends up being short as well? grin
That one no be solution na.
like me....dad is tall, mom is short and surprisinly, bein d only son, i became short...buh dat doesnt stop me from bein successful.

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by Davijunson: 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2013
#MA OPINION: the only advantage tall dudes av over deir short counterparts is first time impression...tall guys leave a better impression dan d short ones. other dan dis yur height plays very little role on wat yhu becom.......at d end, its d person in yhu dat determines how successful yu are not yur height. And also, tall gals are more likely to marry short guys and vice versa..

2 Likes

Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
Your success in Life has nothing to do with your height, but it's a function of the Light of who you are. In the journey of your destiny, scientist, parent or friends votes does not count; but only your vote count. You may be short, keep voting for yourself; you may be average, keep voting for yourself until your vote count.

I Know who i am!
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by whitecat007: 12:34am On Sep 29, 2013
For a man? Yes.
The ideal height for a man is 6.3 and 5.6 for a woman
I'm 5.6 and my man is 6.3
Emarc16: am 5ft8 am I short?
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by 4tun8: 1:27am On Sep 29, 2013
[quote author=infonubia]
Lol....I was about to ask if ur ancestors are related to Goliath. smileylol Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 29, 2013
whitecat007: For a man? Yes.
The ideal height for a man is 6.3 and 5.6 for a woman
I'm 5.6 and my man is 6.3

yet nobody knows you

so much for ideal height
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by ozoemeka(m): 2:16am On Sep 29, 2013
Just above short. Anything 5'6 and under is short.
Jamey Maxwell: Iz 5ft7 Short?
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by Pain(m): 2:38am On Sep 29, 2013
For me my 6.1 frame and cute face was more of a curse. I looked so much like my mum who was a mix of fulani and ibo. Most girls always gave me the cold look before I even approached them.

I became an introvert until I travelled out. To cut the boring tale short... I discovered how good looking I was as soon as I set foot outside the shores of nigeria. I must confess that nigerian girls can be damn witches a times. I'm back in the country with a stunning wife and now every girls wants a share.
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by Nmeri17: 3:05am On Sep 29, 2013
When some situations come up, Short people will always tell me "yes, i wish i were a taller girl. But definitely not as tall as you" and it really weighs me down emotionally cos most times adults will also say "oboy you tall o...and you never stop sef.please dont grow again"
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 29, 2013
bluejeff: But how come short parents sometimes give birth to tall children ? I have this neighbour whom both the parents are short but the first 3 children are very tall. The last one though might be short.

Good question.

Height (tall and short) is a trait that is highly influenced by genes. In every generation, each child receives one form of the gene for a trait from one parent and the second from the other parent. Let's consider a pair of gloves. We will call each glove an allele (glove 1 is an allele, so is glove 2) and one allele is always dominant, while the other is recessive. Recessive means it can be hidden by the dominant allele. In other words, when the dominant allele is present, the recessive will be inactive because the dominant one will hide or override it. Think of each glove or allele as one half of the gene and the second glove/allele as the other. Together, they make a pair. Genes come in pairs (of alleles). You get one glove or allele from one parent and the other glove from the other. If both parents are short (let's say Qq & Qq, where q is the tall allele and Q is short allele, technically each child has a 1 in 4 chance of being tall/getting each of the tall allele from each parent). If they have another child, the probability of him/her being tall will still be the same, but the short, recessive allele might just surprise them and pop up again. Recessive does not mean weak, neither does it mean it gets lost, BUT it simply gets masked by the dominant allele and is still being carried through. I can do a punnett square for you to explain this further. Most of our physical traits and behavioural traits are influenced by multiple genes and sometimes even the environment. It’s important to look at the heights in the family history, for example the heights of each of their grandparents. It’s difficult to find a physical trait in a human that’s dictated by only a single gene and when we do find those traits it’s often because there’s a disease present. So going up the generation line will tell you a lot, as the genes you'll find are important, as well as the parents.

2 Likes

Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by joelOmo(m): 4:17am On Sep 29, 2013
I may be short but my money tall like Dangote own. Lol
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by whitecat007: 4:40am On Sep 29, 2013
Who knows you? And why do you want to know me?

ebdib:

yet nobody knows you

so much for ideal height
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by whitecat007: 4:45am On Sep 29, 2013
Trust me your wife gonna cheat on you emotionally
joel Omo: I may be short but my money tall like Dangote own. Lol
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by whitecat007: 5:03am On Sep 29, 2013
There's blackout in here, can't find most of my posts
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by prof800(m): 6:08am On Sep 29, 2013
Having strong character and a sense of humor.
...this is so right..reminds me of Peter Dinklage...

Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by uche92(m): 6:12am On Sep 29, 2013
My dad is 5"3 and the wealthiest dude in his village his brother is 5"10 and his kids are in the 6"7 -6"8 range but my dad raised them. Never let your height discourage you from achieving anything in life. People always underestimated him cos he was short and he just worked harder and harder and now they all kneel and beg for money from him. The irony of life btw I got some good genes from my moms family 5"11 so yh I am just mouthing
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 29, 2013
pendusky: i rep 5ft8" i no try?
President Goodluck Jonathan is 5'8; so nothing do you; you just need to work more harder.
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by Henbest26: 6:57am On Sep 29, 2013
chai,I be 25 n my height na 5ft6''. well I bliv say I stll dey GROW...

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by ayobase(m): 7:13am On Sep 29, 2013
Anytime I come across article as such, I begin dey wonder why I didn't feed on enough beans when I was younger......Damn!

Na to go marry deols to compensate for my elegant children!
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by vislabraye(m): 7:19am On Sep 29, 2013
Short people tend to have a complex cheesy. If you pick on them for something, they think you're doing it because of their height. And they try so hard to excel. They no dey gree @ all.
Well, height and IQ sounds flattery to me.

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by dheaven: 7:21am On Sep 29, 2013
Confidence matters alot. If you are short be confident. If someone mocks you because of your height just laugh over it and be proud do not exchange words with the person. Stil mingle with the person one day he or she will see something unique in you that will make him/her fall in love with you and forget the height differnce. Nobody is common!
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by ogeoflyf(f): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2013
Talkyaown:
Ah! You still never marry?!

Na u I dey wait 4 kiss
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by ogeoflyf(f): 7:23am On Sep 29, 2013
Sunbellar:

Ask her ooo unless she 'll wait for tall guys till menopause!

Amebo. E consign u?? Sse hm mouth like ask her. I dey wait 4 u
Re: Research Shows Odd Facts About Short And Tall People by AbujaAuto: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2013
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Conjoined Twins Separated At FMC Yola: New Look (Photos) / How To Grow Your Beard Very Fast / Itching, Boil On My Joystick: How Did This Happen Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.