Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? (9441 Views)

Parent Or Teacher, Who Should Receive The Bigger Credit or Blame? / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by Fresia01(f): 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Abeg na NUT JOor! They re d real teacherz! They work tirelessly 2 impact knowledge 2 dia pupils n stdntz! They dnt jux make 4 sentences n gv out dia handouts, they teach, teach n teach again! They make sure dat at least 60% of dia stdntz undastandz dm! They folow d stdntz up both academicaly n character wise! They train u 2 b responsible! While d lecturerz dnt kia, they jux gv u bookz 2 read nd crack it by urself! They re interestd in publishing bookz n getn more degrees!
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by Zikdik(m): 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
kilmix: Even with the Strike am graduating 2moro

----------------------------------------

Am writing my LLB Final exams 2moro

How many like do I get for wishing me SUCCESS?
My brother,check yourself oh.Nobody wish you luck,even mesef join.
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by chreldb(m): 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
texazzpete:

The fact that you can make this kind of brainless post shows you why you struggle to remember what you are taught.

it is a KNOWN fact that many things learnt as a kid stick in the brain better. This is why many people learn languages better when taught as kids...and also explains why I still remember the words of a Calabar song I was taught in Primary 3 cheesy

Seriously though, this is an inane thing to say...the academic qualifications alone that are needed for a career in the University system should tell you which group of academics should earn way more money.

So...

^^^^Sir, it Seems to me like you have a lot of time on your hands. For you to give such an articulate and well explained answer to such a r..etarded question!
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by yuncka: 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
ASUU or NUT... Sorri... ASUU or not.
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by nerodenero: 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
When the foundation is faulty,what can the righteous do.Even the Bible acknowledge the need for the foundation to be firm.The pry and secondary teachers,majorly primary school teachers are the foundation and if faulty,it will be difficult for the student to perform very well in higher education.Most of the writing blunders on nairaland is as a result of faulty foundation.With these few points of mine,I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that NUT should earn more than ASUU.Thank you.
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by yuncka: 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
Dis question is relevant for those dat dnt undastand heirachy.....

As a Nigerian I wil ansa d question wit dis question......
Between a ward councillor and a state governor, who should earn more pay?
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
I think qualification and experience should be d yardstick 4 d comparison
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by Roseey0(f): 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
Op,u must be a witch.
I swear,i was battling with this same topic in my mind this morning.

There is this private nursery and primary sch nxt to my house,the nursery class is just by my window.
I listen to the teachings everyday, the long shouts of ' A is for apple,B is for ball. . .'. The teachers yell and sing so loud just to give these children the very best. If you have taught a growing child,or watch wat teaching them looks like,you will understand wat am trying to say.

NUT Deserves a whole lot that ASUU.
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by onyeka205(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
excell12go: I remember my primary and secondary school days. I remember the way my teachers taught me. They would make examples and illustrations with anything just for me to understand what was being taught. I still remember what I learnt when I was in Primary 3.

I am now a 300level university student. Most of what I remember in my 100 level scheme were what I read on my own.

Our primary school teachers are far better than most of our university lecturers when it comes to imparting knowledge.

The big question is WHO should receive more pay?? UNIVERSITY LECTURERS OR PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS? Who should embark on indefinite industrial strike action as a result of unpaid earned allowances?

Don't expect a lecturer to start teaching as if you are still in primary school.You are now an adult and what you should receive are lectures. So lecturers lecture, they don't teach.
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by GamaG(m): 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2013
resdan: 2nd 2 comment.#dancinq azonto#.

Bk 2 d mata...ASUU OF COZ....what is that tin Nut?a movie or textbook?? shocked
mumu
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by Tobbie9(m): 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
yuncka: Dis question is relevant for those dat dnt undastand heirachy.....

As a Nigerian I wil ansa d question wit dis question......
Between a ward councillor and a state governor, who should earn more pay?
best comment so far
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by solin: 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
Odunharry: lol...u say teaching is different 4m lecturing?are u kidding me?
Lecturing is another way of teaching others can be demonstration,field trip,excursion,group work,round table talk e.t.c...

Teaching simply means imparting knowledge and d teacher can choose whatever method he or she wants...

Lecturing is 4 adult,a large numbr of class etc...

Lecturers are teachers..
not all lectuteres are teachers,a lecturer may only send his material to class and next is to prepare the exam.
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by wjxavier(m): 9:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
Lol @ ASUU or NUT. Selah grin
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by maxwelljohn525: 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
ASUU nau
18+ only read@ www.writerstab.
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
NUT can't ask for more pay than ASUU. The teaches have effectively less thans 6months of work. The rest goes into holidays. They close at 2pm and don't need to do research. They also don't need specialized knowledge NCE, OND or @ most BeD does it. If Nigeria pays per hour NUT might receive the least gross income.
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by ucheson2(m): 1:08am On Sep 27, 2013
Thank God 4 d reactivation NOUN it has opened d eyes of Nigerians dat we don't realy need ASUU. In fact our universities will be better off without them. I suggest dat FGN pay them off. In ans 2 ur quest NUT hoha!!!
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by excell12go(m): 1:27am On Sep 27, 2013
Roseey0: Op,u must be a witch.
I swear,i was battling with this same topic in my mind this morning.

There is this private nursery and primary sch nxt to my house,the nursery class is just by my window.
I listen to the teachings everyday, the long shouts of ' A is for apple,B is for ball. . .'. The teachers yell and sing so loud just to give these children the very best. If you have taught a growing child,or watch wat teaching them looks like,you will understand wat am trying to say.

NUT Deserves a whole lot that ASUU.
I am not a witch o cheesy
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by Clementh2o(m): 7:52am On Sep 27, 2013
If i hear you say ASUU, i go ......... U. Sey the money wey sum lecturers dey collect from sum students and still fail sum no satisfy them? As for me o, Primary school teachers. But not all Primary school teachers o.
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by Willybos(m): 8:16am On Sep 27, 2013
2truly primary skul teacher's ar beta dan university lectureres, xo dey deserve more sallary
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by picasso4u(m): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
Wizee: Op that was then, bcoz now Govt school teachers don't teach like b4. You can imagine where a govt school teacher will bring his/her own business to school. How will he/she be serious about teaching. Bt the lecturers shld get more
riverstate teachers are serious with their jobs
Re: ASUU Or NUT: Who Should Receive More Pay? by Rexyl(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2013
ASUU deserves good pay, likewise NUT deserves better pay but it is a pity for NUT, they carry ASUU needs on their head while dragging their own on the ground. They are mostly compromised with their needs left unattended to or addressed partially any time they make a move against wretched condition and poverty of their members. See ASUU, they have both their say and way any time they agitate against conditions that fail to take proper care of them. In the case of ASUU it is fight to when desires are met but in the case of NUT it is struggle until they are weakened either by themselves or intervention of members of the public that seek ways to reconcile issues with the government, and they are forced to agree at the expense of meeting their needs. Now NUT is planning to help ASUU achieve positive results in their struggles but how will ASUU respond to NUT situation after their own success? I would suggest that where a lecturer receives a minimum of N100,000 a month a teacher shouldn't be paid below a minimum of N70,000 per month.

(1) (2) (Reply)

falling education standard / Oauife Cutoff Mark For 2009 / Will There Be Post Ume In All Universities For 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.