Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? (1742 Views)

Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. / PHCN To Import Prepaid Meters / PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
Finally, the successor PHCN companies will be handed over to private investors next week, marking the end of a privatisation process that started in 2010 with the launch of power road map. That is history in the making and I cant wait to witness it.

Meanwhile, considering the fact that PHCN workers are in holiday/retirement mood at this transition period, how is power situation in your area?
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Gboliwe: 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
Poor! Very very poor!
I haven't seen it this bad in a while.

I stay in the very heart of Uyo the capital of Akwaibom state, I also work in the heart of the town. The last time I saw Phcn was on tuesday morning, early morning, its the 3rd day today. Both at work and at home
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
Gboliwe: Poor! Very very poor!
I haven't seen it this bad in a while.

I stay in the very heart of Uyo the capital of Akwaibom state, I also work in the heart of the town. The last time I saw Phcn was on tuesday morning, early morning, its the 3rd day today. Both at work and at home
Same with here too. Sincerely speaking, public power supply has never been this bad in this part of Enugu. For about 2 weeks, its been really bad. It seems Enugu PHCN is in coma or maybe they'r too busy counting millions in retirement benefits.
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ifeanyichukwu, i can remember how i complained bitterly on nairaland about the feeder which was left incomplete after a long time in the area where i live . The feeder was left unattended to because of corruption in the power sector. Because the feeder was left incomplete, my estate and it's Environ had electricity rationed and we get electricity supply 8hrs in two days. This has been going on for 17 phucking years without anyway to solve it.

Now, i am so happy because the season of rationing electricity is over! The feeder is working perfectly and light has improved well. I heard also that my estate share the same feeder with LASU. I don't know how true it is,all the same, am happy for the improvement of electricity in my area. cool

Should i say GEJ is working?
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
Since Friday power supply has been unstable. I understand that there has been some form of maintainance and stuff.

Anyway I can't wait to experience a stable power regime

Dr. GEJ thank you.

As for that Aboki ex general in Katsina state chewing gworo, I'm sure he must be bitter about the handing over..... We all know who the idiot is.....

Berem understand better
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Teotihuacan: 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
Light has been so-so.......
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by skyfall: 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
I had power last while going out on Monday morning and today is Thursday. I live in Lagos. Can't wait for these investors to perform their much-expected miracle.

1 Like

Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
barcanista: Since Friday power supply has been unstable. I understand that there has been some form of maintainance and stuff.

Anyway I can't wait to experience a stable power regime

Dr. GEJ thank you.

As for that Aboki ex general in Katsina state chewing gworo, I'm sure he must be bitter about the handing over..... We all know who the idiot is.....

Berem understand better
Hey you Ijaw drunkard, must you mention my name in the piece of shyte you just wrote? steer clear from my moniker or else..... angry
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by jmaine: 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
Very Poor . . . . . sad
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by igbsam(m): 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Extremely bad
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
berem: Ifeanyichukwu, i can remember how i complained bitterly on nairaland about the feeder which was left incomplete after a long time in the area where i live . The feeder was left unattended to because of corruption in the power sector. Because the feeder was left incomplete, my estate and it's Environ had electricity rationed and we get electricity supply 8hrs in two days. This has been going on for 17 phucking years without anyway to solve it.

Now, i am so happy because the season of rationing electricity is over! The feeder is working perfectly and light has improved well. I heard also that my estate share the same feeder with LASU. I don't know how true it is,all the same, am happy for the improvement of electricity in my area. cool

Should i say GEJ is working?
Can you scream FRESH AIR for the first time in your life? If you dont nemesis will catch up with you again.

1 Like

Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by yomalex(m): 8:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
30 minutes since morning
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by validplanet: 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
been wondering why there's been no power supply for the past 2 days
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by theoctopus: 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
I have always tried to explain the multidimensional process of power on this forum. Even if the FG is producing 50, 000 MW, if the transformer in your area is bad, you will not get a single ray of light. That is why some of the complains made on this forum is very subjective. A lot has been achieved in improving the generation and transmission, but until next week when the DISCOs take over, we will not really be able to enjoy the improvements that have been made. The reason is that the current workers in your area are grossly incompetent and totally uncommitted. They just simply do not care. Many areas have since seen a lot of improvement. In my area, we have gone from 3 hours in 2 days to at least 12hours daily. But I know we can only really attain stability when the new companies fully kick in
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
Power in enugu has been really bad for like 2 weeks now
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by gerald09(m): 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Its bin really bad, I hope this full under d "bad now, get better later" deal cos d private investors will need a miracle to change electricity in Nigeria.
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Nomski0(f): 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ever fluctuating. embarassed
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by theoctopus: 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
gerald09: Its bin really bad, I hope this full under d "bad now, get better later" deal cos d private investors will need a miracle to change electricity in Nigeria.

They dont need a miracle to change anything. Most of the infrastructure needed is available. The problem is simply that the present PHCN guys are wicked and do not care. DO you recall that the former power minister, during one of his inspections, discovered over 200 transformers that were being hoarded by the PHCN staff? Those are examples of things that will change when they take over
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by ifeegee(f): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
We've been having it so good for a while now that we even forgot how a gen set sounds like.
Though, it's been erratic for some days now it's still a far cry from what we use to experience.
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by vizboy(m): 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
saw light these morning.but havnt seen light since these evening.
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by awodman: 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nothing has changed..still the same rationing because of the state of our transformer
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by otokx(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
Power can get better but for now its so so. There was this day we had power for 24 hours literally but after that it went back to same ol same ol. The question we keep asking is if Nigerians are ready to pay for steady power especially those who illegally connect their premises?
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by akaOpene(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
It has been really pathetic in onitsha and environs.Lets see if the jinx will be broken.I reserve further comments till then.
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by oboy3(m): 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
worse is an understatement
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
Good cos I hardly use my gen these days but hope it will be better under the new private investors.

But the N750. monthly service charge is still a fraud that need to be reduced or scrapped.
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by handebayor: 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
Well, i just checked PHCN's sub station (which is visible from ma balcony) and they also DONT HAVE LIGHT.... Hope all is well
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by homesteady(m): 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
I saw PHCN light last on Monday!! - kano
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
berem: Hey you Ijaw drunkard, must you mention my name in the piece of shyte you just wrote? steer clear from my moniker or else..... angry
Ijaw drunkard? Its better to be an Ijaw drunkard that to be a bloody terrorist which you and your principal(Buhari) represent.

Enjoy the FRESH AIR

No Vacancy in Aso Rock
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by jackymfon: 12:03am On Sep 27, 2013
no light in ada George Nta road axis.....singing ....someone please call 911...
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by tomakint: 12:24am On Sep 27, 2013
Currently in Ilorin, precisely GRA, light has been a bit epileptic for the past one week, however it was confirmed here over the local radio that the saboteurs are at work at various Transformers! Definitely after the exercise light will be more reliable as it was before!
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by Yeahmee: 4:52am On Sep 27, 2013
i stay in lekki. in the past month, i have not had up to 5 hours of nepa.
power will improve with the new disco simply because, the current power outrage is deliberate, the new guys will just switch on and start to exploit us.
can someone please explain why there was a hugh improvement during barth nnaji era and immediately, he left, power became a privilege.
Re: On The Eve Of Transfer Of PHCN To Private Investors, How Is Power In Your Area? by azpekuliar: 7:12am On Sep 27, 2013
It's improved tremendously since the turn of the year. I haven't had to use the generator set since January. When there are power outages, I'm content to just ride out the outages in the knowledge that power would be restored in due time. Anybody who lives is Anthony Village and environs within Lagos should be able to confirm this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mentally ill Woman Delivers Baby At Rubbish Dump In Lagos State (Pics) / Pictures Of Nigerian Houses Getting Raided In Malaysia:::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Man Caught Handing Explosives To Teen Girls In Funtua, Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.