Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,336 members, 7,954,378 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:51 PM

The Axis Of Evil: How Mr Akingbesote Stole N500 Million As Ondo State goes Broke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Axis Of Evil: How Mr Akingbesote Stole N500 Million As Ondo State goes Broke (1612 Views)

Buhari To Earn N14 Million As Annual Salary, Allowances / Probe Salami For Nominating Akeredolu As Ondo ACN Guber Candidate:srln / Intrigues As ACN Picks Akeredolu As Ondo Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Axis Of Evil: How Mr Akingbesote Stole N500 Million As Ondo State goes Broke by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
THE AXIS OF EVIL: HOW MR AKIN AKINGBESOTE STOLE 500 MILLION NAIRA AS ONDO STATE GOES BROKE

I remember vividly the post war era, the drums of war beating hard as George W. Bush labelled few countries and personalities as the Axis of Evil. This came about after the 911 attack that ruined the world tallest building and sent thousands of lives to their early graves. And to prevent such unfortunate events from further occurrence, the culprits must pay dully and dearly. George W. Bush held the bull by the horn, defiled challenges and took the war to the enemies backyard. Afghanistan and Iraq felt the heat as soldiers battled the ruling Taliban, Osama Bin laden’s Al Qaeda and Sadam Hussein.

Ondo State is broke. The 2012/2013 budget can’t be implemented. ''Where is the windfall of the gulf war?''.
We are quite sure that the Federal Government doesn’t owe Ondo State a kobo. Governor Mimiko and President Jonathan are on good terms and both are presently in U.S.A to warm the white house bench and enjoy some tea. Where on earth is our Money?

We hear tales of how the Election Tribunal has sapped Ondo State dry. Did billions of naira find its way into the court room and into the judges’ pockets? Does it take billions to get Justice? Governor Mimiko must tell us why Ondo State is broke.
Governor Mimiko must tell us why former Commissioner of Commerce Mr Akin Akingbesote is not rotting in jail. The former Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Ondo State Mr Akin Akingbesote is the first name on my Blacklist. Charity they say begins at home.

1 Billion naira was made available to the Bank of Industry by the Ondo State Government for the sole purpose of industrialization. Existing and potential manufacturers and business owners were supposed to get this money as loans to start up, revive or upgrade their business.

Alas, Mr Akin Akingbesote the Commissioner for Commerce thought it worthwhile to cheat and deprive the good people of Ondo State the money. He released 500 million naira to the Bank of Industry and 500 Million Naira found its way into a private account, never to be heard of again.

We must not only ask questions. The Axis of Evil must be dealt with. There are thousands of graduates on the streets; frustration has turned so many good people into kidnappers, armed robbers and scam artists. Poverty is ruling the roast in Ondo state and the youths see thugging and hooliganism as a rewarding enterprise. I remember a friend sharing his experience. The State house was reported as a recruitment centre where aspiring thugs are drilled. A muscular physique, stone face, and ability to endure heavy blows to your chest are a few of the qualities to be possessed. This will qualify you as a thug and you get to drive big cars in few weeks.

For all who couldn’t benefit from the 1Billion naira, your share is starched in Mr Akin Akingbesote’s private account. Go and ask him. He should henceforth walk the streets in shame and disguise. A thief deserves to be treated as a thief. The time is past. You can’t steal our money and oppress us with the luxury. The governor and all stake holders must demand answers and Justice.

Mr Akin Akingbesote! What did you do with the money? We want answers before you hear from me again.

Ken Oloye
Re: The Axis Of Evil: How Mr Akingbesote Stole N500 Million As Ondo State goes Broke by tomakint: 7:03am On Sep 27, 2013
If your story on Akingbesote can be substantiated further with concrete proof, I will love it! Akingbesote had been a successful clearing and forwarding agent with businesses across the southwest region, remember his hotel at Ore is one of the best in Ondo State all these achievements he had acquired before venturing into politics! I am not holding brief for him mind you, I only need your concrete evidences why he is corrupt as he is painted above!
Re: The Axis Of Evil: How Mr Akingbesote Stole N500 Million As Ondo State goes Broke by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
THANKS FOR HOLDING OUT FOR YOUR MAN. HOWEVER, SINCE YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH HIM, ENCOURAGE HIM TO SPEAK FOR HIMSELF AND PROVIDE A RESPONSE. TELLING US HOW THE 500 MILLION NAIRA DISAPPEARED. THANK YOU

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Polls: Jega Hits Back At Ngige / Power Tussle In Rivers PDP May Consume Wike!! / 2015 Presidential Election And Political Tsunami In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.