Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective (19052 Views)

Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage / Should A Christain (born Again) Work With British American Tobacco Company??? / Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by begwong: 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: The ONLY key is to marry the right person
Errhm,abeg how do u know the right person?
Abi e dey show for face?

You can never claim to have known each other well,even if u spent 10yrs courting b4 marriage. Atfter marriage,u will start seeing the manifestation of the real person u married as in strength,weakneses,opportunities and threats.
My 50kobo!
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by slimming: 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
Remember that God joined you together in marriage
yes o
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
k2039: how do you know the right person?.
GOOD QUESTION
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by pankere(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
WHAT about love making and intimacy? Is it not imprtant in a successfull marriage? Or christian couples shdnt have a happy sex life? Just askin o

1 Like

Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Opeyemi1525(f): 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
it's not enough since the person is not an angel.u still need all these
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
I cry as i read dis... I had a little misundastanding with my 4months pregnant wife earlier dis afternoon. I felt so bad dat she walked out on me as i was pouring my dissatisfaction out to her... With great annoyance i called her mum and reported it to her, she tried her best to calm me down, she adviced me to ignor her daughter's unreasoning nature, and promised to talk to her. I love dis lady with my life, she carrying our 1st child in her womb, but somtimes she turns on her bad side, and she won't turn it off no mata hw i try to resolve d issue... Right now am listoning to Waje in her song titled I WISH. i realy wish dat i dont her a heart.

1 Like

Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by ayobase(m): 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
joel lala: 8. Agree that divorce is not the answer:

What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." Matthew 19:6. "Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery." Matthew 19:9. "The woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth." Romans 7:2.

Answer: The Bible is clear. The ties of marriage are meant to be indissoluble and indestructible. Divorce is permissible only in the case of adultery. But even then it is not demanded, only permitted. Forgiveness is always better than divorce, even in the case of a moral fall. Marriage is for life. God so ordained it when He performed the first wedding in Eden. Thoughts of divorce as a solution will destroy any marriage. This is one reason Jesus ruled it out. Divorce is always destructive and almost never a solution to the problem. Instead, it creates much greater problems, so it should never be considered. Torn, frustrated, unhappy, twisted lives almost inevitably follow divorce, and even success in life itself is often thwarted. God instituted marriage to guard people's purity and happiness, to provide for their social needs, and to elevate their physical, mental, and moral nature. Its vows are among the most solemn and binding obligations that human beings can assume. To lightly set them aside results in removing one's self from God's favor and blessing.

To emphasize a point on this.
Fornication and adultery are two different things.

Fornication is outside marriage, while adultery is inside marriage.

A man can decide not to marry a woman even 1 second to the wedding if discovered she fornicated, the same goes to the Lady also! That is if he/she fornicates before wedding, then the wedding can be called off.

But, once in the marriage, come ANYTHING, both will need to manage the issues despite any ODD.

That is where christians are getting it all wrong, thereby resulting to broken homes!

FOR BETTER FOR WORSE....that why one has to be careful during the era of pre-marriage and under-marriage......NO EXCUSE!

The only time u can say "I no dey do again" is before wedding o!
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
slimmy05: Nice piece, thanks for sharing. God bless.

Thank you and Amen sir..
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by tete7000(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
funkyjms:

Where dyu qeh this poo from? Oh...the church riqht? "The Church permits..."
Are you followinq "The Church" (human knowledge) or the Bible? Readinq ma Bible from "pálí to pálí" I didn't see any verse that supports divorce! (Flip thru 1 Corinthians 7 vs 8 - 17) *sinqinq in Ebenezer Obey's voice* "What God has join together, let no man put asunder"

On the issue of "remarraiqe," the only condition my bible pointed to me is death. (Flip thru 1 Corinthians 7 vs 8 - 17)

Please, don't bother to reply 'cos I often shy away from biblical arquements.

Jex take this or leave it.
To further buttress your point Jesus said ' Whoever divorces his/her spouse to marry another commits adultery and whoever marries a divorcee is equally guilty of adultery' (Mark 10 vs 11-12)
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Deewonder(f): 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2013

i disagree wit dis, there is no right or wrong parner in marriage, becos d deem right partner turn wrong as d years pass by most times..
If God is not in dat union, then it wil always turn wrong..
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by tempest12: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
good write up
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
Lynzenith: Yes ooooooooo! I LOVE DS. ;DYes ooooooooo! I LOVE DS.

Am glad you love it..i stubbled on this piece and decided to share with everyone.
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by marysi: 8:59am On Sep 30, 2013
The styles of wedding dresses change with the seasons but there are a few classic styles that will never get old or go out of style. The classic A line dress is one of the wedding dresses. Of all the wedding dresses on the market today A line wedding dresses are the best. These wedding dresses look good on any woman, no matter what she looks like and what she weighs. It is the A line wedding dresses that flatter every woman alike. This cannot be said for any other of the Cheap Wedding Dresses UK out there.
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by bukatyne(f): 11:07am On Sep 30, 2013
Lovely points
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
nice one OP
I especially like the one of the divorce and fogiveness
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
metamorphus11: nice one OP

To God be all the glory ma.
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
metamorphus11: nice one OP

To God be all the glory ma..am glad you benefitted from it.
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by imarena(f): 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
Thanks OP great piece! I love it
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2013
wazlee: I cry as i read dis... I had a little misundastanding with my 4months pregnant wife earlier dis afternoon. I felt so bad dat she walked out on me as i was pouring my dissatisfaction out to her... With great annoyance i called her mum and reported it to her, she tried her best to calm me down, she adviced me to ignor her daughter's unreasoning nature, and promised to talk to her. I love dis lady with my life, she carrying our 1st child in her womb, but somtimes she turns on her bad side, and she won't turn it off no mata hw i try to resolve d issue... Right now am listoning to Waje in her song titled I WISH. i realy wish dat i dont her a heart.

Dont worry sir..everything will be alright just be patient with her especially as she is pregnant..Women are easily pissed off during this stage..sorry this is coming a bit late.
Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by aikmurphy(m): 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
No couple came together to be separated after some time, but devil will always want to scatter everything, especially if there is love there. However, if the couple are committed to their marriage, they will build a strong shield which will be hard for Satan to break.
They will do this by reminding themselves how they are committed to making their marriage last.

1 Like

Re: Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
aikmurphy: No couple came together to be separated after some time, but devil will always want to scatter everything, especially if there is love there. However, if the couple are committed to their marriage, they will build a strong shield which will be hard for Satan to break.
They will do this by reminding themselves how they are committed to making their marriage last.

wonderful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. / Biafra: Anambra Church Declares 40-Day Fasting / Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.