Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair (62179 Views)

The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa / Beautiful Faces Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
spikes C:

Lol, he's definitely very mistaken.

I can assure you, meat sells here like water cool
your jumping into conclusions.

Nama grin
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: your jumping into conclusions.

Nama grin

lol wink
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
spikes C:

lol wink
grin can you cook peanut butter soup?
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 11:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: grin can you cook peanut butter soup?

Nope embarassed

Can you teach me smiley
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Hot, cold but winter starts early in April till september, its a mountainous place, which means we have snow too often than most of Southern African countries. We rely on South Africa for almost everything though. Check its geographic wiki pedia

Snow! Oy, I hate snow with a passion lol
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
spikes C:

Nope embarassed

Can you teach me smiley
It depends grin
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Snow! Oy, I hate snow with a passion lol
I love snow, I made snowman a while ago, will check if I still have the pics
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 2:26am On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: It depends grin

I am ever ready...name the price wink
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
spikes C:

I am ever ready...name the price wink
teach me ibo
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by spikesC(m): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: teach me ibo

Deal!!! wink

How do we proceed cool
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Azboy34(m): 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
Sunu de aiki faa@ Op..Nyc one! Dis z best forum so ever. I luv dis! I am a YORUBA guy who loves culture and tradition alot, especially d HAUSA CULTURE. Infact, how i wish am a northerner. Pls any nairalander from Hausa tribe shud pls teache me more on Hausa culture. Nagode koh! Inaso soyyaya dis forum walai!...meaning i luv dis forum.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
Azboy34: Sunu de aiki faa@ Op..Nyc one! Dis z best forum so ever. I luv dis! I am a YORUBA guy who loves culture and tradition alot, especially d HAUSA CULTURE. Infact, how i wish am a northerner. Pls any nairalander from Hausa tribe shud pls teache me more on Hausa culture. Nagode koh! Inaso soyyaya dis forum walai!...meaning i luv dis forum.

Speak to pagan9ja, he's quite the interesting Hausa fellow

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

Be nice, send him a link to pagan's profile please smiley
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
Azboy34: Sunu de aiki faa@ Op..Nyc one! Dis z best forum so ever. I luv dis! I am a YORUBA guy who loves culture and tradition alot, especially d HAUSA CULTURE. Infact, how i wish am a northerner. Pls any nairalander from Hausa tribe shud pls teache me more on Hausa culture. Nagode koh! Inaso soyyaya dis forum walai!...meaning i luv dis forum.

Here my friend: https://www.nairaland.com/pagan%20%209ja
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

Here my friend: https://www.nairaland.com/pagan%20%209ja
smiley
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nyumba(m): 3:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by ATMC(f): 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
amazing!
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Azboy34(m): 6:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

Nagode Fulman, i really appreciate ur effort. I av sent him an email and i hope to hear from him very soon. Thanx once again, am enormously grateful.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
Azboy34: Nagode Fulman, i really appreciate ur effort. I av sent him an email and i hope to hear from him very soon. Thanx once again, am enormously grateful.

Nagode sosai Malam not a problem

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Azboy34(m): 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Be nice, send him a link to pagan's profile please smiley
Thanx alot dear, i really appreciate. Apart from pagan9ja who z a northerner on culture forum z there any oda person? Cus i need to know more abt HAUSA culture and tradition bcus it will go a long way in helpn me in my academic career.Moreover, i wish to marry an HAUSA GAL.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 6:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
Azboy34: Thanx alot dear, i really appreciate. Apart from pagan9ja who z a northerner on culture forum z there any oda person? Cus i need to know more abt HAUSA culture and tradition bcus it will go a long way in helpn me in my academic career.Moreover, i wish to marry an HAUSA GAL.

Remember one thing not all Northerners are Hausa, The North alone has about 180 ethnic groups. I'm a Northerner but not a Hausa.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
The Basotho houses

The traditional Lesotho house is called a mokhoro and being built in the rondavel style is usually round and made with local materials. The walls will often be constructed from stones held together with a mortar of sand and soil mixed with dung. The floor is finished with a tamped dung mixture with loom soil to make it smooth. Walls inside and outside are finished with loom soil mixed with tamped dung to make it smooth, clay soil is used mostly for colouring. Basotho women like art, so most houses will have different artworks outside. The process of collecting loom soil from the dongas, fetching water, collecting stones, adding finishing touches to the house is mostly done by women.

The roof is thatched, with; Mohiomo: (Common Lesotho name) or Thatching grass: (Common English name) or Hyparrhenia hirta: (Scientific name). And poles cut from the trees.
This process can take as little as one weekend or up to a year when made by a skilled artisan who will sewn in one section at a time, starting from the bottom working towards the top. As each section is sewn, it may be weathered and aged in so as to form a complete weatherproof seal.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
1st photo is of the village that the Basotho People used to hide from the boers and opposing parties, the flat mountain is called Thaba-bosui, which the boers named with a superstition that the mountain grew at night. The pointy one is Mount-Qiloane, the mountain behind the famous basotho hat Mokorotlo/Molihanyeoe.

2. Next picture is our legendary hatshop that sells all the products hand made from grass and clay

2 Likes

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Azboy34(m): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

Remember one thing not all Northerners are Hausa, The North alone has about 180 ethnic groups. I'm a Northerner but not a Hausa.
Really bro, i never knew dat not all northerners are HAUSA bt i know hausa z der common language. Thanx for d correction. Which ethnic group are u from in d northerner part? Am sori for being inquisitive.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
That's it from mwa

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
Azboy34: Really bro, i never knew dat not all northerners are HAUSA bt i know hausa z der common language. Thanx for d correction. Which ethnic group are u from in d northerner part? Am sori for being inquisitive.

As my name indicates, I'm Fulani. About 85% of the North is Hausa speaking, not everyone in the North speaks Hausa. No need to apologise my friend, we learn something new each day.

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Azboy34(m): 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

As my name indicates, I'm Fulani. About 85% of the North is Hausa speaking, not everyone in the North speaks Hausa. No need to apologise my friend, we learn something new each day.
Datz nyc..i must say dis z my first tym of meetn a fulani on nairaland forum. I will lyk to ask u a question. Is there anything common btw d fulani and hausa? I mean in terms of culture and tradition. Urgent reply will be highly appreciated.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: 1st photo is of the village that the Basotho People used to hide from the boers and opposing parties, the flat mountain is called Thaba-bosui, which the boers named with a superstition that the mountain grew at night. The pointy one is Mount-Qiloane, the mountain behind the famous basotho hat Mokorotlo/Molihanyeoe.

2. Next picture is our legendary hatshop that sells all the products hand made from grass and clay

Very picturesque. cheesy
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by Fulaman198(m): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
Azboy34: Datz nyc..i must say dis z my first tym of meetn a fulani on nairaland forum. I will lyk to ask u a question. Is there anything common btw d fulani and hausa? I mean in terms of culture and tradition. Urgent reply will be highly appreciated.

The only thing in common with Fulani and Hausa is mainly religion. The languages are very different (Fulfulde vs. Hausa). Feel free to ask anything else.
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by ATMC(f): 9:05am On Oct 15, 2013
Fulaman198:

The only thing in common with Fulani and Hausa is mainly religion. The languages are very different (Fulfulde vs. Hausa). Feel free to ask anything else.
yhu must be very fine then, i havent seen an ugly fulani...are yhu the one on ur profile pix? again
Re: Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Very picturesque. cheesy
Thank you ma'am, when are we seeing your side of town lol, ancient side of town that is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) / The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There / 15 Top Rated International Musicians Of Yoruba Descent (Old and Contemporary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.